Roosh V Forum
Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Fitness (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. (/thread-62741.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - Fortis - 05-14-2017

Thoughts after one year of TRT.

So, as many of you know I’ve been on TRT for a full year. I figured I may as well share some of my thoughts on the whole thing. 

This isn’t to step on the toes of the other great TRT writers: Linux, MikeCF and the others I can’t recall right now. I respect the hell out of those guys for being honest way before it was cool to be on testosterone.

Info:

height 5’8
weight: 160-162

I’ve known about TRT for at least 3 years, but only decided to go on in China after I noticed a steady decline in my levels, brain fog and weakened libido. It was all scary to me. I’m used to being mentally sharp so the brain fog scared me into action.

After doing some research and weighing the pros and cons I figured that I had way more to gain than I had to lose. I am self-administering and I am not under the watch of a doctor of any sort, so keep that in mind. This is not meant to serve as medical advice for anyone here. Going on TRT is a big boy decision and if you need a thread on a game website to tell you whether or not you should be on TRT, then you should not be on TRT. Caveat emptor and all that. 

Under the tutelage of two guys who have been on TRT and anabolics for 10+ years, I started with 150mg once a week through an insulin pin and 20mg of Dianabol 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. The Dianabol isn’t necessary but I enjoy bodybuilding so the low dosage is sort of a perma-cruise. The gains come on steadily and my body seems to have undergone a major recomposition. 

I’m not suggesting that to anyone, I just want to be honest about what I have been doing with my body as I write this. 

For the first month, I didn’t really notice too much. It was painful and annoying to shoot weird oils into my body and I had my doubts about the entire thing. I was getting bigger in the gym and the numbers were climbing but it could have been placebo and Dbol—or so I thought.

At beginning of the second month, I felt like a totally new man.

I had more energy, more drive, more positivity, insane sex drive, I gained about 8kg over a 3 month period and I just felt unstoppable. My brain fog was gone. I was more creative. I was doing better at work. My boss was talking with me about promotions and stuff and how he wanted me to take over the reins as he moved up.

I was regularly getting asked if I was on some sort of sports team or if I had played sports in the past. Mind you, I was a pencil neck geek who only got into lifting at 25 years old to help with anger issues.

I remember once sitting with a group of friends and we were talking about fitness and getting in shape and one of the guys turns to me and says, “Fortis is clearly into fitness. Look at him. he has the best physique here.” 

Now, in my social circle I’m regularly regarded as the guy who knows a bit about aesthetics and dieting. I hardly know anything but it feels sorta cool to go from being some skinny, lean dude to a muscular, lean dude and have the men you respect notice that change in you.

I was sorta floored by that since guys used to regularly say shit like, “Fortis, if you get into a fight, you should just quit. You’re too thin to do any damage. Just curl up in a ball on the ground and wait for it to pass.”

[Image: jordan.gif]

Shit changes.

Game & Pulling Girls:

Gaming is a lot easier

I find that I’m a lot “cooler” on dates. Sometimes I just sit there and smile and let them talk. I’m not thinking about advanced tactics, I’m just being me. I know she’s gonna come home with me, so it’s not a big deal. It’s the sort of confidence that all the game books say you should have but it just comes with higher test levels. I just “get it” now. I also find it easier to next girls. I used to get all caught up in a girl.

Girls regularly comment on my scent and tell me I smell good despite the fact that I wear scentless deodorant and 0 cologne. I once had a girl walk into my apartment and go, “wow it smells so good in here. It smells just like you.”

Weird as hell, but I’ll take it.

Paradigm shifts:

All that physical shit said, I think the most profound thing that comes out of TRT is the “gameness.”

No, I'm not talking about your game with the ladies, I'm talking about your game with life.

I feel like most challenges are trivial and easy to overcome with effort. Contrast this feeling to how I felt when I wasn’t on test. I felt totally helpless in my own life AND I acted like it. I used to sit in my apartment drinking, wallowing and wondering about why my life wouldn’t improve. 

On TRT, everyday feels like it matters. I rarely feel like I’m just spinning my wheels and masturbating. I also find that I don’t over think things. I find things to do, do them and move on.

Need more money? Work more. Come up with a side hustle. Did that? Ok, do it again. 

Need more women? Approach, tantan, tinder, okcupid. Talk to chicks as you walk to work or walk to the gym. Talk to RVF guys to figure out how to streamline my tactics.

I feel much more goal-oriented.

Even my writing has changed. I don’t use as many interruptions. I keep my sentences shorter. 

I also notice that most of my interactions with women are way more positive. Even btichy women are just nicer to me. I’ve cold approached some icy chicks and they’ve been VERY easy going. I’ve told friends about this and they’re like “her, she’s a fucking cunt. Why’s she so nice to you?”

I’m not sure if it’s the TRT but I just notice I get a lot more respect in day to day conversations from people. Less sarcasm, more direct answers. Hell, I even get cold approached by random people who just want to talk. I suspect it has something to do with my mood. My mood is often very good now and I think people pick up on it and just want to be a part of that.

I also notice that I am not nearly as sarcastic as I used to be. Sometimes someone says something sarcastic to me and I don’t even get it. I’m not beyond that, but it’s almost like sarcasm is some catty bullshit that stemmed from my low testosterone levels.

I’m still petty but I find that I’m better able to call out my own bullshit and move on “are you arguing because you give a shit or because you want to look good? Move on. Better battles out there.”

No more plotting revenge over imagined insults, just moving on and hustling.

Downsides:

Nothing is 100% good. 

1. Pinning every week

The biggest downside is pinning weekly. It’s easy, it’s fast but it is a bit of a slog sometimes.

2. Sex Drive

Sex drive can be too crazy sometimes. Some days I want to fuck every girl over a 5 on the looks scale, that I see. It’s a bit annoying. Luckily, I have a few plates who accommodate me, but it can be aggravating when they’re not around.

3. Gotta be secretive about it

Not always being able to talk openly about it. A lot of guys still demonize testosterone so sometimes you run into dudes who are the poster children for men who need TRT but you know they’ve been too deeply brainwashed to benefit from your suggestions.

4. Sourcing shit online

If you go the self-administering route like me, you have to source your own shit. Connections often get squeezed or blocked so you have to keep and up-to-date list trustworthy vendors. It’s easy to do but annoying all the same since guys will not share their sources with you if it’s a legit source. No one wants their best source to get nixed.

5. Vindictive Women

I have to hide the fact that I use it from women. You never know when a girl you fucked might get vindictive. She’ll remember seeing that needle package and call the cops and get your ass put away from a long time. This may change if you’re on a TRT prescription but chicks are always vindictive so always gotta be careful.

6. You’re Never Going Off

This is the cold truth. I couldn’t imagine going off ever now and I don’t intend to. It does put a lid on my travel a bit since I don’t like to travel with testosterone in my luggage and shit, but I’m not a frequent traveler so it’s fine. That said, it’s a big boy decision and you should really consider this last point before you give your doctor the green light to put you on. Going off is a bitch and can be really harsh.

Should I go on TRT:

Invariably this question comes up when I talk about TRT so I wanted to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand.

I’m not going to answer that since it is a personal decision and you should do your research.

Some guys just hop on TRT because they think it’ll solve all their problems. It isn’t a panacea for not wanting to approach, being autistic/omega/beta or being skinny and weak. You still have to put in the work like other men, but it’s a helluva lot easier to work hard when your hormones are balanced and in order. I suspect that many of the MGTOWs would test very low on testosterone, but that’s neither here nor there.

Side note: It pays for all men today to keep a record of their hormone levels as they age. TRT is probably in everyone’s future so get your blood work done now (in your 20s) so that as you age your doctor has a baseline to dose you against.

Linux - Awesome TRT datasheet on this forum
MikeCF - Awesome website and one of the original RVFers on TRT
Roosh - For the awesome website where I could eventually be led down this path

All the other RVF bros - Definitely wouldn't be at this level without this website and you guys

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - DarkTriad - 05-14-2017

Great post. Not a TRTer (yet) but one of my early observations after years of hard lifting was that my jokes got funnier. When you're using edgy humor, people can decide to laugh and get in on the joke, or be offended and take issue with you. When you're huge, they keep deciding to laugh.

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - Suits - 05-14-2017

Quote: (05-14-2017 01:10 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Sex drive can be too crazy sometimes. Some days I want to fuck every girl over 5, that I see. It’s a bit annoying.

Dude, that's way too young.

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - BrewDog - 05-14-2017

Quote: (05-14-2017 01:49 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Sex drive can be too crazy sometimes. Some days I want to fuck every girl over 5, that I see. It’s a bit annoying.

I think he meant 7.

[Image: confused.gif] Damn that read so wrong.

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - CleanSlate - 05-14-2017

Quote: (05-14-2017 02:08 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

[Image: confused.gif] Damn that read so wrong.

Yeah, you sure that brain fog is completely gone? Maybe up your dose. [Image: wink.gif]

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - Suits - 05-14-2017

OP, is this thread going in the direction you were hoping for?

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - redbeard - 05-14-2017

Great post, thanks for sharing.

Hormonal control is not a science, it's an applied science that depends on the user and application.

I highly suggest everyone above the age of 21 to do this:

Side note: It pays for all men today to keep a record of their hormone levels as they age. TRT is probably in everyone’s future so get your blood work done now (in your 20s) so that as you age your doctor has a baseline to dose you against.

It is so cheap to get and will provide infinite returns when you're older and searching for trends.

Fortis, that's standard dbol dose correct? When are you going to come off. My (limited) knowledge of dbol is that it's very toxic and should not be run while drinking or for long periods of time.

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - Windom Earle - 05-14-2017

Thanks for the insight Fortis.

Coincidentally, after months of careful research I just hopped on the test train today, although I'm doing a cycle (500mg enenthate weekly split over 2 injections).

There's a fair chance I'll end up going the TRT route after that however.

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - Kratomite - 05-14-2017

OP,

Are you not worried about the liver toxity of frequent dbol cycles?

Also, you mentioned you live in China. From what I've researched, most of the "raw" steroid powders that are bought online come from there.

I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to get pharmaceutical grade aas locally. But I'm not familiar with the legal situation there....

Quote: (05-14-2017 09:00 AM)Kratomite Wrote:  

OP,

Are you not worried about the liver toxity of frequent dbol cycles?

Also, you mentioned you live in China. From what I've researched, most of the "raw" steroid powders that are bought online come from there.

I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to get pharmaceutical grade aas locally. But I'm not familiar with the legal situation there....

Great question,

The dosages I take are super low. most guys are taking at least 50mg a day for months on end. I'm taking less than half of that for 2 weeks in a row and then going off for 2 weeks straight. I also drink very infrequently. I put my drinking days on days where I am not on Dbol and am not training as frequently. I also stop dbol after 3 months or so. I don't have science to back it up, but I generally drop everything once in a while (besides test) and let my body recouperate.

So I've been on dbol for 6 months out of the past year with 6 months off.

I have only read about guys killing their liver on monster dosages of dbol (100mg +). I am a casual lifter, so 20mg + proper diet + healthy lifestyle doesn't have me worried.

I can source powders and stuff in China, but as a Foreigner I do not trust these pharma-reps further than I can throw them. They're known for cheating foreigners and such.

I'd rather pay another 5$-10$ and go through a foreign distributor who acts honorably instead of trying to save 20$ and getting some fake shit from a chinese guy who is selling fake shit. I currently get my test through a western factory and they're vetted by other men. No guess work, just testosterone, and easy living.

As far as dbol goes, at the dosages I am doing, 1 bottle of Dbol can last as long as a year and a half, so I haven't even made my way through my current bottle. It's VERY cheap, effective and suits my needs.

delete

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - CleanSlate - 05-14-2017

Have you gotten lab work?

Quote: (05-14-2017 08:25 AM)redbeard Wrote:  

Great post, thanks for sharing.

Hormonal control is not a science, it's an applied science that depends on the user and application.

I highly suggest everyone above the age of 21 to do this:

It is so cheap to get and will provide infinite returns when you're older and searching for trends.

Fortis, that's standard dbol dose correct? When are you going to come off. My (limited) knowledge of dbol is that it's very toxic and should not be run while drinking or for long periods of time.

Nah, to most guys my dose is stupidly low. The standard dose I've been told about by body builders seems to be in the ball park of 50mg. Don't quote me since I am not an expert.

I've told a few guys about my dosages and they go "wtf?" That said, The gains are steady, the sides are low, and I am meeting my goals.

I'm not going for mass monster mode. I don't want to exceed 170 pounds.

I like looking good in slim-fit clothes so that is important to me. Lame? Maybe, but looks are important in asia so I try to work with it rather than against it.

I am off for roughly 6 months out of the year. I want to transition the Dbol into a certain SARMS I have had my eyes on. The SARMS I have in mind is a little pricey up front but might yield better results and fewer potential sides than dbol. I mostly run this through my 2 friends and get advice. For now, they suggest the dbol, but they say once I cap out that the SARMS is a good idea.

I am very tentative about fucking with something that works, though. I am also not a heavy drinker. On Dbol, I avoid drinking and stick to eating, lifting and sleeping.

Liver cancer is no joke.

Quote: (05-14-2017 11:18 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Have you gotten lab work?

Last time I did lab work, (before dbol) I came in, in the 900s. I am not trying to hit super-human testosterone levels. I just want to be high natural levels.

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - Kratomite - 05-14-2017

170lbs? How tall are you, OP? Most guys shouldn't need gear to hit that weight whilst keeping body fat low.

And DBOL from what I understand packs on serious water weight. So that's an interesting choice if you're going for the lean, cut look.

Quote: (05-14-2017 11:55 AM)Kratomite Wrote:  

170lbs? How tall are you, OP? Most guys shouldn't need gear to hit that weight whilst keeping body fat low.

And DBOL from what I understand packs on serious water weight. So that's an interesting choice if you're going for the lean, cut look.
I posted my height and weight at the beginning.

At least 20 dudes on this forum have met me in person and would probably agree when I tell you that I am naturally fine-boned and not meant for any sort of considerable size.

That said, the weight was not the only point for me to go on TRT.

Also, exceeding 170 pounds at 5'8 when you have the testosterone levels of an old man is very hard.

Dbol makes you bloated and watery if you dose is stupidly highly and eat like crap. I've seen asian dudes (classic hardgainers) on higher dosages than me who are ripped because their diets are tight. It's all on your programming and diet Imo. I also remain lean and hard on dbol almost year round.

Anyway, not trying to derail my own thread. These are just my experiences with Testosterone E and Dianabol.

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - zphyer7 - 05-14-2017

Interesting choice going with D-bol for the oral part of the cruise. I haven't tried D-bol yet, but from what others have said it makes you feel almost euphoric. Have you noticed that when you're on at 20 mg a day?

Quote: (05-14-2017 12:09 PM)zphyer7 Wrote:  

Interesting choice going with D-bol for the oral part of the cruise. I haven't tried D-bol yet, but from what others have said it makes you feel almost euphoric. Have you noticed that when you're on at 20 mg a day?

on Dbol I'm like: [Image: banana.gif]

It's sorta silly but great. I walk down the street whistling and smiling. It's a great feeling. I wish scientists could isolate the euphoric aspect of Dbol into a pill without any of the sides and give it out. It would put zoloft and those other meds out of business overnight.

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - sonoran_ - 05-14-2017

what were your levels before you started TRT?

and im guessing that these doses are low enough that you dont see estrogenic or DHT side effects?

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - BrewDog - 05-14-2017

Quote: (05-14-2017 12:09 PM)zphyer7 Wrote:  

It makes you very happy. Even the first 10mg will make you a new man. And THIRSTY as hell.

It's a bit absurd how fast it acts. Just 2 weeks on 20/30mg and you'll feel huge.

The only things about D-bol are it certainly bloats you. And it's also supposedly very bad for your liver. As a drinker, anything that's going to fuck with my liver on top of the damage that beer does, worries me. And I would never ingest the two at the same time. It's also worrisome that D-Bol can cause gyno. If your nips itch or feel sore, then you need to stop using it.

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - MikeS - 05-14-2017

Once you start TRT you're pretty much on it for life, aren't you?
I moved abroad four years ago and I certainly can't rule out I won't move to another country or several in the coming decades, so I'm a little concerned that even if I managed to find a cooperative doctor in my current location, he might be gone at any point in the future or I might be. And since TRT still sounds like a very marginal area of medicine - might even be difficult still and in the near to mid future to find a cooperative doctor at all in some countries? - I would be somewhat concerned about the ability to keep acquiring the needed things, supervised or not, every week for the next hopefully many decades of my life.

I just recieved this as a PM, but I figured I would answer it here since I feared these sorts of questions would arise in the first place. I won't say who sent this to me, but I think it is worth addressing:

Quote:Quote:

I am close to 21 Y/o should I even consider TRT after labs?

My answer is going to be "no."

Why?

For one, I am not a doctor and cannot give you medical advice.

Go talk to a proper endocrinologist if you think you have any problems. Do not try to go and do this solo at your age or you could really fuck yourself up.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but go talk to a medical professional and not an online message board.

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - zatara - 05-15-2017

A few questions:

- What were your test levels before you started?
- Is there any reason you aren't getting regular labs done? The cost is definitely worth it, given your materials aren't from a legit source. Its a small price to make sure everything is OK.
- Are you worried about infertility?
- Why are you bothering with the dbol at all? Without wanting to be too negative - at 5ft8/160lbs I can only presume you had no real history of serious weightlifting. And the sides from it are fairly serious. You should be able to maintain a decent body composition quite easily at your desired weight of 170lbs without it.

Hope that doesn't come across too negative, but I was just wondering about the above. Aside from that, everything I know about TRT basically makes it out to be a wonder of modern medicine, that most men should consider going on. But thats usually for men in their late 30s or older, 28 seems very young to be committing yourself to a lifetime of drug supplementation.

Good on you telling the 21 year old to stay away from it for what its worth, too. I think with the increased awareness of the benefits of TRT for older guys these days a lot of young men are hopping on it way too soon, taking it incorrectly/irresponsibly, and doing themselves serious long term damage.

Thoughts after 1 year on TRT. - MikeS - 05-15-2017

Quote: (05-15-2017 07:05 AM)zatara Wrote:  

Hope that doesn't come across too negative, but I was just wondering about the above. Aside from that, everything I know about TRT basically makes it out to be a wonder of modern medicine, that most men should consider going on. But thats usually for men in their late 30s or older, 28 seems very young to be committing yourself to a lifetime of drug supplementation...

I'm 40 and certainly not adverse to the idea of TRT, but even at my age (and the thing is that for every decade that passes I still don't feel old, aside from some of my joints getting a bit creaky and injury prone the last few years) I still have a hard time with the lifetime aspect of the equation.
If it was a tablet of not uncommonly prescribed medication in stock at most pharmacies, that I was certain any doctor would continue prescribing once I had an official diagnosis, sure. But at this time there still seems to be too much uncertainty about TRT (and I'm just speaking about the logistics here) for my taste. Is it actually possible to come off this and not be in worse condition than before you started treatment?
Maybe when I'm 45 or 50.