Roosh V Forum
Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Fitness (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? (/thread-58656.html)

Pages: 1 2

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - Gas - 10-06-2016

I've had recurring fitness injuries, various bouts of tendonitis and just injuries from lifting and boxing and just sports in general. I've had cortisone shots before in both arms, and normally use NSAIDs to bring down the inflammation before rehab. After my most recent tendonitis episode I'm considering trying something new this time to see if results are any better/different, and am intrigued by medical cannabis and cannabidoil specifically instead of popping Ibuprofens. I've read it's common to treat inflammation and even chronic conditions like arthritis and Parkinsons with medical cannabis, this is not yet mainstream or even legal in my state for whatever reasons, but I think there is enough evidence out there to warrant a try.

My issue is, I don't know anything about cannabis. I don't smoke it or know where to get it, and don't know what differentiates good weed from bad weed. I'll get educated on that when time comes, but right now I'm interested in hearing from anyone who uses or has used cannabis for chronic injuries and your experience - how you consume it, how often, what the results are like etc.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - H1N1 - 10-06-2016

It doesn't seem like a very good idea to (potentially) damage your brain just so that you can continue damaging your body...

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - sterling_archer - 10-06-2016

Only really excessive use could potentially damage your brain, everything other you can hear (dangers, warnings, etc.) is pure propaganda. This is probably most healthy and useful plant on the whole planet.

I don't advocate here using of any illicit substances but, Gas, if you ever come across it, just try it and see how it goes. If you don't like it don't use it anymore. If it goes well and pain stops or weakens, consider using more, but not to start "chain smoking" it.

I would never chain smoke it and it would be temporary just like any other kind of treatment. I'd also consider eating or vaporizing it as I'm not much of a smoker.

On brain damage, of the reading I've done it looks like the plant helps far more than it hurts, if at all. Some studies claim its actually good for the brain. Either way, I'm willing to try it.

Quote: (10-06-2016 04:47 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

I don't advocate here using of any illicit substances

If I do try it I will go out of state and obtain it legally.

Have you tried it? What is the best way to consume it for this purpose?

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - Lance Blastoff - 10-06-2016

Marijuana's therapeutic benefits are exaggerated by the political agenda of those who want to legalize it, as are it's risks by its opponents.

It's probably a safer alternative to any painkillers stronger than ibuprofen, but if you have a tendency toward addictive behavior (as evidenced by your apparent excessive exercise), you might want to be careful.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - AboveAverageJoe - 10-06-2016

Weed cures everything with the exception of gluttony and sloth, if you are afflicted by either of these "deadly" sins, the reefer is not for you.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - sterling_archer - 10-06-2016

Gas, vaporizing is supposed to be best thing as you smoke only the plant, in contrast with making a joint, where you also smoke paper. There is also tea and eating (don't know how you prepare it for that).
Lance, of course its safer alternative, but its not addictive. Yes, its benefits are exaggerated by the agenda of some who want to legalize it, but we can say same thing also for those who put them on Schedule 1 list (a joke itself).

Fun fact: nearly all "drugs" who actually help humanity (and have throughout thousands of years) and are useful to explore consciousness have been put together in the same basket with shit like heroin. Makes you really think what are their motives.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - AboveAverageJoe - 10-06-2016

A medicine in small amounts is a poison in large amounts, this is true for almost all things in the pharmacopeia.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - Onto - 10-06-2016

Weed will definitely relax your muscles and your mind. Sometimes it's good to do that once in a great while, but certainly not a daily basis.

Like sterling_archer said, a vaporizer is the most healthy way. Tea and baking is more costly I think.

If you want to buy, reach out to some trusted friends and tell them why you want it. Most everyone has someone in their circle who knows how to get.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - ScrapperTL - 10-06-2016

Although I don't smoke it anymore, I'm a huge proponent of Cannabis for pain management.

Like others have posted, a little goes a long way.
For pain management try a low dose edible, that way you can tailor your intake and not accidentally go overboard.
Also, edibles last longer, so you'll get the benefit of longer pain management.

I recommend a very low dose of 5mg to 7mg edible to start and assess your tolerance.
This should take about 1 hour to kick in and provide like 5+ hours of pain management.

Eventually you'll want to move up to a maintenance level of about 10mg to 14mg per day.

Don't go higher than this, anything above 14mg will most likely result in you losing your inhibitions and making bad life choices.
Kind of like getting too wasted drinking alcohol.

Also, quick note, doing any type of cardio work while you have THC in your system is a dream come true.
Cardio is very enjoyable and effortless when a little stoned.
Keyword here is "a little" stoned.
Go too far and you'll be couch-locked and feminized by the propaganda box (TV)

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - heavy - 10-06-2016

Quote: (10-06-2016 04:26 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

It doesn't seem like a very good idea to (potentially) damage your brain just so that you can continue damaging your body...

This made me laugh. I'm not saying I really disagree with it (tought to really disagree with such a generic statement), it just sounds like the stock answer to weed for the last 40 years...thanks dad.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - Tokyo Joe - 10-06-2016

Gas: On this I would strongly concur with H1N1, a man wise beyond his years. (And to Heavy: well sorry, "son").

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you?

The very first thing you might consider doing is laying off (or giving up) whatever is causing the injuries in the first place, be it boxing or any extreme sport you are into. Proper weightlifting, with barbells and dumbbells using strict form, will not cause tendonitis or any other problems.

As far as weed goes, here's the short of it: There may not be much harm it taking a few hits very occasionally (at a concert, chilling with Surfer Girl at your place a la Hank Moody or Giovonny, etc.), but you are talking about treating a chronic/recurring condition with Chronic. You would have to take quite a bit, repeatedly over time, for this to ameliorate the kind of inflammation you are dealing with -- if it even helps at all.

The problem is that habitual use tends to wreak havoc on a man's brain and spirit -- especially if he is past his early or mid-20s when he can still flush contaminants out of his system fairly quickly. Do you really want to start fucking around with this stuff, in the hope that it might ease your symptoms somewhat?

Over to Steven A Smith to sum up --

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - kaotic - 10-06-2016

I don't get all the hate and fear mongering about weed. Maybe it's the Californian in me.

I don't smoke weed, it's been over a decade since I did, I don't take pills (or VERY rarely).

Switching workouts, constant stretching/yoga/rehab is the first line of pain management.

Giving up being active all together is something I couldn't do.

We talk about weed damaging our brain, yet we kill brain cells with alcohol and pharmaceuticals.

Weed DOES have medical benefits, exaggerated or not.

Low dosage vaping isn't a bad idea, I'd also look into oils as well.

One of my coworkers is a big stoner (after work) and kills it in sales, we also have a few engineers who smoke as well.

Plenty of functioning stoners that I know - then again the more successful the more the chance - they do blow [Image: lol.gif]

I see nothing wrong with experimenting with dosages of weed to see if it helps out, I don't see how weed can be addicting - relative to other drugs out there.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - ScrapperTL - 10-06-2016

Quote: (10-06-2016 12:13 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

I don't get all the hate and fear mongering about weed. Maybe it's the Californian in me.

I don't smoke weed, it's been over a decade since I did, I don't take pills (or VERY rarely).

Switching workouts, constant stretching/yoga/rehab is the first line of pain management.

Giving up being active all together is something I couldn't do.

We talk about weed damaging our brain, yet we kill brain cells with alcohol and pharmaceuticals.

Weed DOES have medical benefits, exaggerated or not.

Low dosage vaping isn't a bad idea, I'd also look into oils as well.

One of my coworkers is a big stoner (after work) and kills it in sales, we also have a few engineers who smoke as well.

Plenty of functioning stoners that I know - then again the more successful the more the chance - they do blow [Image: lol.gif]

I see nothing wrong with experimenting with dosages of weed to see if it helps out, I don't see how weed can be addicting - relative to other drugs out there.

Lots of Underground-Junkie Red Pill Truth in the above post.
The absolute best Salesman I have ever known (aside from myself of course) is hardcore into Blow, Weed and Alcohol.
Has been pushing the envelope on those 3 substances for going on 20+ years and still crushing Sales #'s to this very day.
Never gotten busted and his Sales game is always Sharp.
Although his health is very poor.
I think this has more to do with his Blow+Alcohol+Shitty Diet than Weed, just my opinion though.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - PUA_Rachacha - 10-06-2016

Quote: (10-06-2016 04:15 AM)Gas Wrote:  

I've had recurring fitness injuries, various bouts of tendonitis and just injuries from lifting and boxing and just sports in general. I've had cortisone shots before in both arms, and normally use NSAIDs to bring down the inflammation before rehab. After my most recent tendonitis episode I'm considering trying something new this time to see if results are any better/different, and am intrigued by medical cannabis and cannabidoil specifically instead of popping Ibuprofens. I've read it's common to treat inflammation and even chronic conditions like arthritis and Parkinsons with medical cannabis, this is not yet mainstream or even legal in my state for whatever reasons, but I think there is enough evidence out there to warrant a try.

My issue is, I don't know anything about cannabis. I don't smoke it or know where to get it, and don't know what differentiates good weed from bad weed. I'll get educated on that when time comes, but right now I'm interested in hearing from anyone who uses or has used cannabis for chronic injuries and your experience - how you consume it, how often, what the results are like etc.

Get on HGH

Quote: (10-06-2016 12:21 PM)PUA_Rachacha Wrote:  

Get on HGH

I agree, or atleast get some Nutrabol (MK-677)
You can get this from any "Research Only" underground bodybuilding supplement company.

MK-677 is basically the legal and Oral form of HGH.
Not as strong as real HGH and you will carry a little more water weight, but it is effective, not placebo.

Example: If HGH is Testosterone, MK-677 would be Trestolone.
A scientific knock-off of the real thing.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - kaotic - 10-06-2016

Quote: (10-06-2016 12:18 PM)ScrapperTL Wrote:  

The absolute best Salesman I have ever known (aside from myself of course) is hardcore into Blow, Weed and Alcohol.
Has been pushing the envelope on those 3 substances for going on 20+ years and still crushing Sales #'s to this very day.
I think this has more to do with his Blow+Alcohol+Shitty Diet than Weed, just my opinion though.

I'd say I'm pretty decent at what I do, and honestly yes, I do blow during special events or vacations, typically I'm last man standing (I was this weekend) both nights, but it's not a weekend kind of think, I usually stick to vodka, I drink about a gallon of water everyday, and eat religiously clean during the week.

I haven't been doing blow for long, probably 3-4 years and a handful of times during the year, music events and a few parties/bdays.

Quote: (10-06-2016 12:35 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Quote: (10-06-2016 12:18 PM)ScrapperTL Wrote:  

I'd say I'm pretty decent at what I do, and honestly yes, I do blow during special events or vacations, typically I'm last man standing (I was this weekend) both nights, but it's not a weekend kind of think, I usually stick to vodka, I drink about a gallon of water everyday, and eat religiously clean during the week.

I haven't been doing blow for long, probably 3-4 years and a handful of times during the year, music events and a few parties/bdays.

I'm not knocking you at all brother, I have and still play the Salesman, Marketer, Ambassador, Role for $$$ many times.
Blow, Alcohol, Weed, Cigarettes, all part of the experience.
Like you I'm not addicted, however I'd have to be a real cuckservative to turn down the occasional Business Class party favor.
These experiences are always extremely enjoyable and memorable years later.

Quote: (10-06-2016 12:26 PM)ScrapperTL Wrote:  

Get on HGH

You can get this from any "Research Only" underground bodybuilding supplement company.

Not as strong as real HGH and you will carry a little more water weight, but it is effective, not placebo.

Hyperbole much? SARMS and SERMS can have serious side effects, weed is proven over centuries.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - The Beast1 - 10-06-2016

Quote: (10-06-2016 04:26 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

Think all of those pints at the pub aren't doing the same thing? [Image: tard.gif]

My wife used cannabis when she was going through chemo for breast cancer to help her eat and keep down the nausea associated with chemotherapy. I also know an elderly gent who smokes daily for sports injuries he received in his youth. Pretty normal if you met him in person and wouldn't realize he smokes daily.

I've also been a pretty daily smoker for many many years until I moved to europe and am still feel pretty sharp. Not as smart as H1N1, but enough to hold my own and zing him back when he needs it.

With that said, there are two main strains of marijuana (sativas and indicas) and a myriad of mixtures in between that hybridize the effects of both.

The type of weed that will help you with chronic pain are indicas as they're the ones that have the high cannabinoid content. If you're concerned about "smoking" you can buy a vaporizer on ebay for very little money. This is the best and most efficient way to "toke". It can make an ounce last forever.

Since you're starting out I would avoid edibles. Mostly because dosing is very difficult and if you take too much you'll end up with a panic attack. Smoking is far easier to decide what is too much versus too little.

OP, what state do you live in? Obviously, it seems like you're in a non-medical friendly state. If so, I would first review the drugs laws on norml.org and understand what you're getting into.

Does your job drug test and do you have any certifications that would be hit negatively with a marijuana charge on your record? Make sure you have these bases covered first before you dive in.

As for getting MJ, i'll PM the easiest way to get some.

If you travel to Colorado, Washington, or soon to be Mass just let the dispensary person behind the counter know what your ailment is and he'll direct you to something helpful.

Edit: I would use MJ to manage your pain, but also look into PT to find out and strengthen the muscles that gave out on you. It will manage the pain, but not fix the underlying issue. Do you take fish oil at all? Fish oil helped me with pain i'd get doing vibrato when playing violin.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - Hannibal - 10-06-2016

As far as inflammation and tendinitis, why not try cold showers?

Quote: (10-06-2016 12:44 PM)AboveAverageJoe Wrote:  

Quote: (10-06-2016 12:26 PM)ScrapperTL Wrote:  

Get on HGH

Hyperbole much? SARMS and SERMS can have serious side effects, weed is proven over centuries.

Are you for real brother?
You ever tried to get an edge or compete at anything on a very high level?
MK-677 is like Tic Tacs, completely benign, compared to some of the other performance enhancing goodies available out there.

I think Cannabis is great and I also think MK-677 is great.
No reason he shouldn't try them both for his physical issues.

I'm not going to hold his hand and list every possible side effect or lie to him and tell him this stuff is more dangerous than it actually is.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - wi30 - 10-06-2016

I don't smoke or know much about weed, but when my brother was in town we went and checked out a dispensary. He's really into it so I tagged along.

They had edibles called Cannabinoids. The lady behind the counter said they were for pain management and didn't get you high. I'd guess they are much safer pain killers than Ibuprofen or the hard shit doctors give you. I don't like feeling high so if I ever get injured, I'll probably go this route instead of killing my liver with OTC stuff.

The same edible (they were caramels) came in Sativa and Indica, which get you high. All were only 10mg and easy to dose. If you live in or near a legal or medical marijuana friendly state, the "budtenders" know their shit. I didn't even know there were different types of weed until I walked into one of those stores.

Marijuana for treating inflammation and fitness injuries? - youngblazer - 10-06-2016

I've never used weed to treat injuries, but here's what I know.

Along with ingesting weed, there are also topical treatments, like lotions and patches. These don't really get you high. Most are heavy on CBD. Here's a link: https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101...-topicals/

When it comes to ingesting via smoke/vape/edible, usually strains high in CBD are recommended for pain relief, along with indica weed. Some say taking straight CBD is not effective and you need to have the THC as well.

Apparently in states where weed is legal, there have been reductions in the use of prescription painkillers, so there does seem to be legitimacy in the pain management aspect. http://time.com/4404697/marijuana-opioid-epidemic/

Remember, not all weed is the same, certain strains are more brain stimulating, others give more of a body high. So you will need to experiment.