Roosh V Forum
Special meals when flying. - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Special meals when flying. (/thread-58635.html)

Pages: 1 2

Special meals when flying. - The Beast1 - 10-05-2016

Let's be honest with ourseles, airline food is crap because they use crap ingredients. This bunk about "tastebuds" being less effective in flight is a lie otherwise the succulent steak i had in Los Angeles from Ruth Chris would be a stringy mess when i ate at another one in Denver.

I got sick from a nasty airline dinner that i've decided to try the special options airlines offer. I've heard good things about the "hindu" varient, though i'm curious if anyone here has decided to eat kosher or something else on a flight.

Has anyone ever tried the different "special" meals that airlines offer?

Special meals when flying. - Svoboda - 10-05-2016

Muslem meal is ok, Non gluten is ok, except the bread and pastry (if you get any) you get is shit. Non dairy is ok, dessert is usually fruit. Fish/seafood meal is good (but not commonly available).
I've never tried the vegetarian or fruit only options.

Has anyone tried a kosher meal on Emirates or Etihad?

Special meals when flying. - Ringo - 10-05-2016

Another way to look at this is:

Since airline food is crap, you could use flying as an opportunity to fast (Steve Maxwell's approach). It gives your digestive tract a break, prevents you from eating shitty food that can make you sick and saves you from spending extra money on overpriced airport food.

When you get to your destination, break your fast with a nice meal. This is another Maxwell trick - when you break the fast, choose whatever meal is closest (if you're breaking the fast at 5am, eat a breakfast rather than dinner), which also helps acclimate to a different time zone.

Special meals when flying. - Handsome Creepy Eel - 10-05-2016

Instead of experimenting with special meals, I recommend just trying other airlines and/or higher flight classes. I've flown with Turkish Airlines, British Airways, Lufthansa, Quantas and Croatian Airlines and have always been satisfied with their food.

Special meals when flying. - Suits - 10-05-2016

Am I the only one who enjoys airline food and just wishes the portion sizes were bigger?

Special meals when flying. - zatara - 10-05-2016

Quote: (10-05-2016 11:19 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Instead of experimenting with special meals, I recommend just trying other airlines and/or higher flight classes. I've flown with Turkish Airlines, British Airways, Lufthansa, Quantas and Croatian Airlines and have always been satisfied with their food.

Completely agree with this. Fly with a decent airline like Emirates or Turkish Airlines and you'll be served food worthy of a mid price point ethnic restaurant.

The days of Jerry Seinfeld and "and whats the deal with airplane food" food quality are long over in most parts of the world.

Special meals when flying. - TravelerKai - 10-05-2016

Quote: (10-05-2016 11:24 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Am I the only one who enjoys airline food and just wishes the portion sizes were bigger?

Yeah. ANA has pretty good food sometimes when flying to Japan. Problem is, the portion is too small. Aside from that, proper green tea after the meal, with hot towel, etc. makes flying with them worth it.

Special meals when flying. - TravelerKai - 10-05-2016

Quote: (10-05-2016 11:19 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

I agree, different airlines can make all the difference when it comes to food and snacks. Alcohol too for that matter if you are a deviant like me.

Are you flying US or International most of the time? That makes a big difference because I have yet to have a decent meal on an American flight. Even buying the more expensive stuff tastes like cardboard paper. If I fly domestic, I just buy as much alcohol they allow and just rest/sleep off the buzz with my headphones on. By the time I land I am hungry enough to go look for something good.

Certain airlines have just spoiled me a little bit and I just cannot eat United's fake ass food. Qatar Airlines is a good one that spoiled me, that comes to mind. I am too cheap or poor for first class food, so I couldn't advise you on that. Global Entry probably could if you are interested.

Special meals when flying. - Brother Abdul Majeed - 10-05-2016

It's a treat for me. I get excited when they take the carts out and start coming down the aisle.

Special meals when flying. - natas305 - 10-05-2016

The food on US airlines is definitely shit, and South America and China aren't much better, but some airlines out there actually have really good food. It all depends on your carrier. Almost every meal I've had when flying business class or first class internationally on non-US carriers has been really good.

Special meals when flying. - kirdiesel - 10-05-2016

Flown extensively with Air Berlin... Dinners aren't bad.. but breakfast is absolute crap. (Cold German Sandwich)

Special meals when flying. - cascadecombo - 10-05-2016

As far as fasting goes, 18 hour plus flights would not be fun to fast on.

Luckily as suits said, the food on those is usually pretty decent. That and the booze is on the house.

Special meals when flying. - the6ix - 10-05-2016

I love my airplane meals haha. They'll give you a 2nd one pretty much always if you ask.

Special meals when flying. - BoiBoi - 10-05-2016

I once tried the kosher dish flying Iberia. It was pretty much like all the other dishes I had on an airplane. By the way, I'm also on team Airplane Dinner. Love that shitty food.

Special meals when flying. - Brodiaga - 10-05-2016

I also enjoy the food, but I don't even want the portions to be bigger. I'd like more free alcohol when I'm in a drinking mood, though.

Special meals when flying. - Sidney Crosby - 10-05-2016

I hated it when I flew with JAL and ate a delicious meal served by beautiful girls in their mid twenties.

Special meals when flying. - Schlep - 10-05-2016

Not trying to derail the tread but, I just heard the craziest thing. I'm currently sitting in Detroit, waiting to fly to my home city after my vacation to Eastern Europe. Apparently Delta airlines overbooked the flight. They are asking for two volunteers to give up there seats.

Delta is saying they will give you a 1,000$ flight voucher good for one year. One night stay at hotel and a meal voucher. Next flight home from Detroit is tomorrow morning. Sounds like one hell of a deal.

Special meals when flying. - Brodiaga - 10-05-2016

Quote: (10-05-2016 09:06 PM)Schlep Wrote:  

Not trying to derail the tread but, I just heard the craziest thing. I'm currently sitting in Detroit, waiting to fly to my home city after my vacation to Eastern Europe. Apparently Delta airlines overbooked the flight. They are asking for two volunteers to give up there seats.

Delta is saying they will give you a 1,000$ flight voucher good for one year. One night stay at hotel and a meal voucher. Next flight home from Detroit is tomorrow morning. Sounds like one hell of a deal.

Yes, airlines do it, though 1K is pretty unusual. Works for those who don't have to go to work the next day and can stay one day longer.

I really was thinking hard about doing it. But, I spent all day traveling and just wanted to go home and sleep in my own bed.

Special meals when flying. - Suits - 10-05-2016

Quote: (10-05-2016 09:06 PM)Schlep Wrote:  

I'm currently sitting in Detroit, waiting to fly to my home city after my vacation to Eastern Europe.

How many notches did you get?

Honestly, it was a disaster Suits. I absolutely fell in love with the city of Kiev and the country of Ukraine. But, I'm embarrassed to admit my game wasn't up to par with the women there. Three weeks in Kiev and zero notches.

Did all daygame and online game. Went on about 25 - 30 dates.
Met up with some really cool forun members. Did alot of sightseeing and walking all over the city. But, I'm not sure white girls are really for me any longer. Think I'll try Peru and Chile this winter, then maybe Vietnam and China in spring.

Special meals when flying. - atlant - 10-06-2016

I have flown with Cathay, Emirates, Qatar, EVA, Singapore, pretty much all the 5 star airlines, but ironically the best (in my mind) airplane meal I ever had in Economy was a cheap plate of nasi lemak with AirAsia on a flight to Thailand.

I usually also love the bread they tend to serve on most airlines.

Special meals when flying. - Laurifer - 10-06-2016

Now days you usually only get the option to purchase a snack box if you're flying regionally. But the meals are one of the things I look forward to when flying internationally, not to mention all the booze.

I've flown Singapore Air and the food was great, one time we had braised pork belly. I flew to Mexico first class on American last year and had shrimp and grits for the first time and a shit load of Chardonnay, again, really good.

I even enjoy the quicker boxed meals you get on Thai Air or Bangkok Airways. I think it's neat seeing how different their entrees and preparation are compared to western airlines.

Special meals when flying. - JayD - 10-06-2016

I've flown with Garuda, KLM, Etihad internationally recently and I've enjoyed all their food. They all had local delicacies for each meal with enough serving to keep me full during 8-16hr trips.

Airplane food has definitely improved over the years, I remember flying 10 years ago and before they would start serving the food and start prepping it, you could smell that slight off putting smell that kinda made your stomach be like "I'm eating this shit?".

Now the food is cooked properly and the meat is not from a dog's ass and has actual quality.

Special meals when flying. - Road_Less_Taken - 10-07-2016

Quote: (10-05-2016 06:41 PM)the6ix Wrote:  

I love my airplane meals haha. They'll give you a 2nd one pretty much always if you ask.

Great tip, this has worked for me. The airplane food isn't anything good but something about being so hungry and having to spend 8 hours sitting in a metal cylinder anyways makes it a highlight of my trip.