Roosh V Forum
What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? (/thread-41250.html)

Pages: 1 2

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Go-getter - 10-12-2014

I know that in US and anglosphere yoga pants have been overwhelmingly popular and I see them pretty much on a daily basis here in Poland (my home country) as well. I can safely assume that they're fairly popular in the whole Europe.
And I don't even go to clubs, where I assume as much as 50% of chicks will be rocking yoga pants (as far as I can remember from the times I used to go to the clubs). Club sluts are a bit of a different topic here, but we're talking about average, 20 something women rocking yoga pants to work or college. I've seen females wearing yoga pants here along with jackets (ending just above the butt) when it's 10 degrees Celsius or less, in broad daylight. What the fuck?

How I feel about chicks rocking yoga pants is similar to how I feel about chicks with push up bras and huge, over the top cleavages, although yoga pants are even worse. Everybody knows that ass and thigh combo is far more sexual than boobs and yoga pants might not seem over the top at first glance (for some) since they don't expose any naked skin. But they do expose 95% of the shapes and in terms of shapes only, it's as if a girl didn't have anything covering her butt and thighs at all. It is above all tasteless, unsophisticated and cheap, in a way that tattoo covered body of a chick is. IMHO yoga pants are for the gym and running, that's it. Wearing it as any other outfit is kind of like wearing pajamas in public places.

I'm not jaded, in fact yoga wearing chicks make it easier for me to immediately assess them as sluts and depedestalize them even further than 'default level of depedestalization' I assume with every single woman I see.

Interestingly, after spending a fair amount of time in China I don't remember seeing any yoga pants outside of the gym at all, and with occasional outside runners I'm not even sure. Maybe it's because of general flatness of the nation in terms of butts, yet still there is a small percentage of chicks with OK asses and I'd never see them wearing anything close to yoga pants. Overall they dress way more feminine and classy than their western counter-parts.

Your thoughts on this?

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Windom Earle - 10-12-2014

Yoga pants are fantastic, in any setting, providing the wearer has a fit body.

I like minimal obstructions between my eye and a nice butt or vagina.

If you're lucky, you may even bear witness to a camel toe.

Yoga pants do not necessarily mean the wearer is a slut...however you should assume that regardless.

"Tasteless, unsophisticated and cheap" are not words that spring to mind, unless of course there's some muffin top on display, then I happily discriminate.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Akula - 10-12-2014

Quote: (10-12-2014 04:04 AM)Windom Earle Wrote:  

Well that's the trick isn't it? Unfortunately in the US the yoga pants thing ends up with way too many fat or obese women wearing these things around. The amount of women with 'fit' bodies is less than 10% in total.

I think it's also a symptom of the general laziness of women in the Anglosphere re fashion and dress sense - sort of like flip flops, hats, Juicy Couture sweats, etc. These women are just so beautiful on the inside that they cannot be bothered with spending much time on looking good.

Think "If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best" [Image: lol.gif]

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - AnonymousBosch - 10-12-2014

^ They don't have to iron them.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - JWLZG - 10-12-2014

Yeah, they're all over the joint here. With middle-class girls and up it tends to be compression pants. I swear, they've spread like the fucking plague; every second chick under 35 in my city rocks them -- when it's clear they're not on their way to/from the gym/yoga/a run.

I note it being a laziness fad too, much the same as people wore runners with street wear some time back. No self-respecting person would be caught dead doing so today. (You still see people here wearing runners with work clothes -- I'm sure they're more comfortable than leather shoes, but FFS, runners do not go with suits) We're ridiculously casual in our dress sense here though, even by Anglosphere standards.

On that point I get what you mean about the classlessness thing, though I haven't seen any real correlation with slutiness.

I can attribute it to making up for a shortfall in actual fitness too. Much in the same way as hipsters rock beards to make up for their masculinity, yoga pants are almost some sort of status symbol -- attention whoring like you like -- that the wearer likes to show that cares about fitness without spending time to work out.

To be fair, often times they can get away with doing so, but when you see them on heifers with thunder thighs and arses the size of Tasmania....save me.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Windom Earle - 10-12-2014

Good points Akula.

By the way, there is something off about the last quote in your sig.

Quote: (10-12-2014 04:34 AM)JWLZG Wrote:  

(You still see people here wearing runners with work clothes -- I'm sure they're more comfortable than leather shoes, but FFS, runners do not go with suits) We're ridiculously casual in our dress sense here though, even by Anglosphere standards.

I think this is primarily fags who can't handle the arduous walk to work in their work shoes, to and from the train/bus/car. They do the swap when they arrive (one would assume).

Another symptom of not only over-casual standards, but of intolerance of anything that might cause even slight discomfort. Thankfully, I haven't seen this amongst the younger crowd. It typically tends to be older, herbified men, who look like bags of shit regardless of their glaringly white New Balance™ sneakers.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Foolsgo1d - 10-12-2014

I dont mind yoga pants on fit chicks. I just dont thirst after them like I would any other girl.

Instagram and crossfit made these types of clothing popular. When you see a select few girls wearing the, rotating their hips outwards and posing it connects with other women. "I want to do that". They get attention for it so they will keep on doing it.

Here is the typical yoga pants-wearing girl outfit.

- Yoga pants
- Tight top with loose over jacket
- Bright coloured shoes
- Ponytail, hair tied up or loose all over
- Big-ish bag

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Sp5 - 10-12-2014

The popularity of yoga pants says the same thing as push-up bras, low cut tops, lipstick, miniskirts, wire skirts, corsets, foot binding, and every other thing women have done to display their wares.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Deluge - 10-12-2014

Quote: (10-12-2014 03:43 AM)Go-getter Wrote:  

And I don't even go to clubs, where I assume as much as 50% of chicks will be rocking yoga pants (as far as I can remember from the times I used to go to the clubs).

Girls wear yoga pants in clubs in Poland?? I've never seen them worn anywhere at night in Oz.

I'm an ass and leg man so I'm not complaining... I don't see a lot of fat girls rocking yoga pants, it's mostly done among middle class+ girls who actually go the gym, even if they're not working out on the day in question. Very few fatties in that demographic.

Quote: (10-12-2014 04:43 AM)Windom Earle Wrote:  

Quote: (10-12-2014 04:34 AM)JWLZG Wrote:  

(You still see people here wearing runners with work clothes -- I'm sure they're more comfortable than leather shoes, but FFS, runners do not go with suits) We're ridiculously casual in our dress sense here though, even by Anglosphere standards.

I think this is primarily fags who can't handle the arduous walk to work in their work shoes, to and from the train/bus/car. They do the swap when they arrive (one would assume).

Another symptom of not only over-casual standards, but of intolerance of anything that might cause even slight discomfort. Thankfully, I haven't seen this amongst the younger crowd. It typically tends to be older, herbified men, who look like bags of shit regardless of their glaringly white New Balance™ sneakers.

Walk into any STEM/I.T faculty at your nearest university and you will see plenty of dorks wearing runners with jeans aka junners aka the kiss of death to a woman's libido. There's something about being good math that makes people (of both sexes) incredibly poor dressers...

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - CRR - 10-12-2014

Quote: (10-12-2014 04:14 AM)Akula Wrote:  

Well that's the trick isn't it? Unfortunately in the US the yoga pants thing ends up with way too many fat or obese women wearing these things around. The amount of women with 'fit' bodies is less than 10% in total.

I think it's also a symptom of the general laziness of women in the Anglosphere re fashion and dress sense - sort of like flip flops, hats, Juicy Couture sweats, etc. These women are just so beautiful on the inside that they cannot be bothered with spending much time on looking good.

Think "If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best" [Image: lol.gif]

I recall a "controversy" about a year or so ago regarding Lululemon and how they didn't provide pants for "plus size" women. I think the owner then was accused of "fat shaming" because he said something to the effect of yoga pants weren't appropriate for all women. Naturally the fat whales from Jezebel, et al went nuts.

So my question is…what are the odds that the owner of Lululemon is a member of these forums?

On a related note, I think we need to make a more concerted effort to shame the phrase "plus size". It's really become yet another dangerous example of feminism affecting our culture.

EDIT: Regarding sneakers with suits, we had a guy at my office wear those. A stop was put to that quickly.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - BiggNastee - 10-12-2014

On sneakers with suits... am I naive to think this looks good?

[Image: vh1uf-09.jpg]

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Kickb - 10-12-2014

I saw a girl with the widest hip shoulder ratio ever the other day.

And it was all fat. It was as if she dumped thirty gallons of large kurdle cottage chese in her yoga pants.

this bjtch looked like Squidward in thr episode where all the crabby patties went to his hips.

Im sorry idk how to shrinj it on my phone

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - berserk - 10-12-2014

"Tasteless, unsophisticated and cheap" are not words that spring to mind, unless of course there's some muffin top on display, then I happily discriminate.

I suppose it's a twerking kind of divider. It's hot yes, but so is a girl doing less overt dancing. Same with yoga pants. It's hot and as an ass and legs man, I certainly won't complain in the gym for some extra motivation. In the street though, I wouldn't mind tighter (mini) skirts and high heels instead of yoga pants and sneakers.

It's a question of what people see as cultured. It takes an extra effort from a woman to wear a skirt and high heels and judgment to strike the balance between sexy and classy (see Thai girls for perfect examples). It takes persistence and dedication to learn how to dance in ways other than shaking your ass.

Does it matter when you just want to get your dick wet? Not in the short run obviously.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Parlay44 - 10-12-2014

Yoga pants are the new spandex. It's exercise clothing and they look great on women in shape.
Lots of schools are beginning to ban them however. They're very distracting to men.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - BiggNastee - 10-12-2014

Quote: (10-12-2014 08:32 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Yoga pants are the new spandex. It's exercise clothing and they look great on women in shape.
Lots of schools are beginning to ban them however. They're very distracting to men.
Yup.. high schools in my town just started banning them. Not bothered. I don't go to scool and they wear them everywhere

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - polymath - 10-12-2014

I think Ugg boots were a laziness fad too.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Quintus Curtius - 10-13-2014

Women displaying their wares and charms has been going on since the dawn of history.

In ancient Minoan civilization, on Crete, women regularly went about with push-up clothing that displayed their breasts openly. Apparently, no one took offense. This was in 1500 B.C.

Not much has changed. Look at this photo of the Minoan "Snake Goddess", which shows what ancient Cretan female dress looked like. It was excavated by Arthur Evans in the 1880s.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Tuthmosis - 10-13-2014

Let's be real:

1. They're lazy: Minimal work while still being able to accomplish #2.

2. To attention-whore: The life blood of every pre-menopausal woman. They get to show off ass and get dudes looking at them, while pretending to not want it. Win-win-win.

3. Because they're copy-cats: "Every other chick is doing it, so I better do it."

4. As a status symbol: Lululemon is expensive, so it carries cachet. It's yesterday's Ugg boots or Juicy pants.

5. Implies that they're active and fit: When, in most cases, they're merely the beneficiaries of young genes and rarely do any real exercise. Most chicks will balloon the moment the new car smell wears off of the body, and keeping a decent physique will require some actual work (circa age 23).

6. Because ass is suddenly trendy, among white girls especially: Dudes have been looking at asses since the dawn of time, but since it's suddenly "a thing," they want to lay claim.

From some online article on yoga pants aimed at women:

[Image: attachment.jpg22143]   

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Sp5 - 10-13-2014

Quote: (10-13-2014 12:03 AM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

Women displaying their wares and charms has been going on since the dawn of history.

In ancient Minoan civilization, on Crete, women regularly went about with push-up clothing that displayed their breasts openly. Apparently, no one took offense. This was in 1500 B.C.

Not much has changed. Look at this photo of the Minoan "Snake Goddess", which shows what ancient Cretan female dress looked like. It was excavated by Arthur Evans in the 1880s.

If you live long enough, you'll see that come back into style.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Mage - 10-13-2014

Yoga pants are nice, but everything good comes in moderation

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Vicious - 10-13-2014

The pants themselves are golden, the women in them not always as appealing.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Suits - 10-13-2014

Quote: (10-12-2014 10:34 AM)BiggNastee Wrote:  

If he wasn't literally standing next to a girl with a thin waist and a nice ass, he'd look like a tramp.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Feisbook Control - 10-13-2014

I heard a comedian once describe them as mumble pants: you can see the lips moving, but you can't make out what they're saying.

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - IvanDrago - 10-13-2014

Quote: (10-12-2014 10:34 AM)BiggNastee Wrote:  

Na man, that shit is TIGHT! All you need is a sweet red cruiser bicycle and you'd be swimming in ass!

[Image: pee-wee-herman-303.jpg]

What does the popularity of yoga pants say about women? - Dusty - 10-13-2014

[Image: thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif]