Roosh V Forum
Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates (/thread-41010.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates - The Wire - 10-04-2014

I've ran into this issue a bunch of times. I'll setup a date via text asking a girl to meet me out at a bar for some drinks. I specified text message here because there is no misunderstanding when I have in writing "meet me for drinks". I bring this up because one girl actually got mad at me over the phone when she thought we were going out to dinner. I then told her "check the text message from last night where I asked you to come out for drinks".

I usually set these up drink dates up around 7:30pm - 8:00pm on weekdays. I would set them up later but i found I get cock blocked a lot because they have to wake up for work early so I had easier success bouncing them from the bar to my place at 9pm as opposed to 11pm.

The last date I was on a girl the pulled the same crap again. She wanted to order a giant appetizer "to share" so this time I actually refused. I told her I already ate a proper dinner but she was free to eat the appetizer by herself. Low and behold she didn't order any food, we got one more drink and then she invited me back to her apartment.

I'm kind of curious if other guys run into the food issue or am I playing this out wrong? Is this an American thing where women need to shovel food into their mouths past a normal dinnertime?

Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates - Dantes - 10-04-2014

Quote: (10-04-2014 10:56 AM)The Wire Wrote:  

I've ran into this issue a bunch of times. I'll setup a date via text asking a girl to meet me out at a bar for some drinks. I specified text message here because there is no misunderstanding when I have in writing "meet me for drinks". I bring this up because one girl actually got mad at me over the phone when she thought we were going out to dinner. I then told her "check the text message from last night where I asked you to come out for drinks".

I usually set these up drink dates up around 7:30pm - 8:00pm on weekdays. I would set them up later but i found I get cock blocked a lot because they have to wake up for work early so I had easier success bouncing them from the bar to my place at 9pm as opposed to 11pm.

The last date I was on a girl the pulled the same crap again. She wanted to order a giant appetizer "to share" so this time I actually refused. I told her I already ate a proper dinner but she was free to eat the appetizer by herself. Low and behold she didn't order any food, we got one more drink and then she invited me back to her apartment.

I'm kind of curious if other guys run into the food issue or am I playing this out wrong? Is this an American thing where women need to shovel food into their mouths past a normal dinnertime?

Good post. This happens to me occasionally as well.

I make a point to tell the bartender that we are here for drinks and won't be eating. This take care of bartenders presenting specials and delivering food menus.

You can select a venue that does not serve food. This will take some research on your end, especially if you want to set up tight logistics. This is tricky for me because I prefer higher end bar and lounges, places that serve food.

If she brings up that fact that she is hungry and hasn't eaten, hold your frame and say you just ate and that the plan was to meet for drinks. No further discussion. If she insists on ordering something tell her that she can but that you will not be eating as you already had dinner. This may discourage her from ordering something.

If she continues to order, you have to make a decision of course if you are going to pick up the tab. Take into consideration other factors. Since, I normally date 10 plus years younger, I pay as it would be incongruent as an older, more established man not to pay.

Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates - Parlay44 - 10-04-2014

Appetizers are like $7. Stop being so cheap.

Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates - Tuthmosis - 10-04-2014

I've had chicks try to pull this stunt. They're more-or-less dinner whores who are expecting to have an all-expenses-paid night courtesy of you. Ordering food on an obvious drink date is a form of disrespect equivalent to you grabbing for her titties after only 10 minutes of knowing her. It's presumptuous and is an attempt to take advantage of the bit of generosity you're showing. The best move is what you've already done.

"You can go ahead and order something if you want, but I already ate."

If she still orders the food, just ask her for the money when the bill comes in a smooth way. Obviously, refuse to try even one crumb of her dish, or you'll be stuck paying for it. And, trust me: like Eve trying to get Adam to bite from the apple--she will offer you, repeatedly, some of the dish. I once held out even as my stomach was growling quietly under the bar top--on straight principle.

"I got the drinks, of course, but your nachos are about $11, with tax and tip."

The better solution, still, is to go to places that don't serve food at all. Or, to order from the bar, where you're placing an order with a bartender and not opening a tab.

I respectfully disagree. The attitude you should have is "anything goes" and "money is no object". You're a baller right? She should respect that and order modestly. Ordering a plate of nachos isn't a big deal. You got off cheap. I usually do sushi. $5 a roll.

Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates - PrimeTime32 - 10-04-2014

My method is do not under any circumstances order food. I actually do eat a big meal before going out and once I get to the bar start ordering shots. I make sure me and my date has nothing but hard alcohol, and no beer. My goal is to spend the least amount of time and money to get the bang.

Quote: (10-04-2014 11:14 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

$7? You ordering nachos at Applebee for dates? Last place I went hummus was $11. You get two appetizers its already a $40 bill with a couple drinks and tip.

Also this isn't about money. I don't want to be eating on these dates. I eat with girlfriends, not girls im trying to fuck that night.

Quote: (10-04-2014 11:29 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I respectfully disagree. The attitude you should have is "anything goes" and "money is no object". You're a baller right? She should respect that and order modestly. Ordering a plate of nachos isn't a big deal. You got off cheap. I usually do sushi. $5 a roll.

I'm not a baller, nor try to present myself as one. Chicks assume I have some money--since I dress reasonably crispy and live nice--but I never come off as no G Manifesto. On a given week, I might go on as many as four dates (this week for example). Without food, I might drop $125 on just single rounds of cocktails. That doesn't count additional rounds, or the expense of making drinks at my house if we end up there. I can't be dropping over $600 a month on dates because bitches decide to show up hungry and I want to don't want to appear "cheap." Fuck that. That's what they're counting on.

And this isn't a matter of having the money, it's a matter of taking liberties and calling the shots. I invited her to drinks, and she's asking for more--from what amounts to a complete stranger. If when I hugged her hello at the beginning of the date I asked, "hey, can I also grab your ass?" she would tell me to fuck off. This is basically the same principle.

Lastly, buying chicks food makes it less likely that you'll bang her. Not only does the alcohol not do its job as well, the subconscious knowledge that she's easily managed to extract more resources from you without a commitment from her (sex) works against you on a deep genetic level.

This is Game 101.

Quote: (10-04-2014 11:37 AM)The Wire Wrote:  

$7? You ordering nachos at Applebee for dates? Last place I went hummus was $11. You get two appetizers its already a $40 bill with a couple drinks and tip.

Also this isn't about money. I don't want to be eating on these dates. I eat with girlfriends, not girls im trying to fuck that night.

Dropping $40-50 a date is about right. Cost of doing business [Image: lol.gif]

You could also pick venues that don't serve food. I know a few lounges like that.
Drinks are cheap til 11pm.

^^Actual footage of Parlay44 on a first date:

[Image: mayweather-money.gif]

Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates - Yeti - 10-04-2014

Food does not belong on a bang-driven first rendezvous. Drinks only.

If you don't buy that, just make a datasheet. Count how many bangs result from drinks-only meetups, and how many come from meetups where the bitch ordered food.

I imagine that the first category sees far greater bangs.

Quote: (10-04-2014 11:49 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Actual footage of Parlay44 on a first date:

[Image: mayweather-money.gif]

Not quite. 4 drinks a piece @ $5 is $40. Hardly breaking the bank. I also don't drag every girl I meet to the bar. 4 dates a week in the bar is a lot. No wonder you guys are bitching about appetizers. [Image: lol.gif]

Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates - jamaicabound - 10-04-2014

I'm in agreemetn, I think flipping out or being a dick over an appetizer is a little overboard. Now I get if a chick is trying to turn the date into dinner on your dime okay maybe say something but an appetizer I'm not going to make an issue of, MAYBe, a big sampler platter for like $17 I may be like I'm good but if a chick wants to get some mozzarella sticks go for it.

Flipping out over an appetizer is in my opinion is not holding frame it's being petty and cheap.

Oddly enough I have found most girls I date opposed to dinner dates anyway. Most girls don't want to eat in front of someone especially on a first date and one chick who I was really digging that I actually suggested dinner to was like no offense but I always keep it drinks first date incase we hate each other.

Quote: (10-04-2014 11:43 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Dropping $40-50 a date is about right. Cost of doing business [Image: lol.gif]

I don't even understand what you're laughing at? I said an example for 2 plates of appetizers and 2 drinks was $40. That's not the actual bill for the entire night. It can be closer to $80 when you add in the second venue.

The point of the thread is about keeping the dates to just drinks.

Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates - monster - 10-04-2014

I'm with parlay. Apps are less than the cost of a drink typically.

Besides, most restaurant's apps are better than their dishes anyway. Plus, not enough to make you feel full and groggy. And gives good conversation..."oh so have you tried the shrimp blah blah from restaurant X? I really really like it."

If you guys are gonna be keeping girls out for 4+ hours, food is going to brought up.
Bitches get hungry. [Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (10-04-2014 11:59 AM)monster Wrote:  

I'm with parlay. Apps are less than the cost of a drink typically.

Yes if you order mozzarella sticks at an Irish pub then I would agree. None of my dates have ever order something along the lines of that as of yet. Salmon spring rolls ...lettuce wraps...they're going to cost you over $10 easily at a regular place(im not talking high end here).

Quote: (10-04-2014 11:57 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

4 dates a week in the bar is a lot.

You're telling me. But those are the realities of the dating market in U.S. cities that aren't New York (during the warm months). A normal guy has to bust his ass to keep decent pussy on the table. Some weeks you gotta put in work to bring in new business.

Quote: (10-04-2014 12:02 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

If you guys are gonna be keeping girls out for 4+ hours, food is going to brought up.
Bitches get hungry.

I'm not keeping bitches out for no 4 hours. If bitches are going to eat, they're going to eat at my house--after banging. I'll be hungry by then too.

Quote: (10-04-2014 11:55 AM)Yeti Wrote:  

Food does not belong on a bang-driven first rendezvous. Drinks only.

If you don't buy that, just make a datasheet. Count how many bangs result from drinks-only meetups, and how many come from meetups where the bitch ordered food.

I imagine that the first category sees far greater bangs.

Bingo

Who said 4+ hours? I'm talking about 2 hours max.

Quote: (10-04-2014 12:07 PM)The Wire Wrote:  

So 2 venues, 4 drinks, 2 hours, no food then bang [Image: huh.gif]

Appetizers are $10 even at TGI Fridays.

Incidentally, I seem to remember that Mechanico used to take his bitches there, so we can ask him.

Quote: (10-04-2014 12:12 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Quote: (10-04-2014 12:07 PM)The Wire Wrote:  

So 2 venues, 4 drinks, 2 hours, no food then bang [Image: huh.gif]

Depends,...id say 2 venues, 4-6 drinks(for 2 people), 1:30-2 hours, then bounce back to my place. Then bang. Then she can have all the food she wants.

Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates - jamaicabound - 10-04-2014

For those who take issue with an appetizer I was just curious what the reasoning is? Is it the cost or is it you want to be one the one running the show and calling the shots or something else? If its cost are you also going to require the girl order a drink thats on special vs what she wants? Reason I ask is that at many places a mixed drink or even worse these girly martinis are going to run more than an appetizer so was just trying to figure out what the opposition to this was.

Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates - DarkTriad - 10-04-2014

Quote: (10-04-2014 11:40 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (10-04-2014 11:29 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I'm not a baller, nor try to present myself as one. Chicks assume I have some money--since I dress reasonably crispy and live nice--but I never come off as no G Manifesto. On a given week, I might go on as many as four dates (this week for example). Without food, I might drop $125 on just single rounds of cocktails. That doesn't count additional rounds, or the expense of making drinks at my house if we end up there. I can't be dropping over $600 a month on dates because bitches decide to show up hungry and I want to don't want to appear "cheap." Fuck that. That's what they're counting on.

And this isn't a matter of having the money, it's a matter of taking liberties and calling the shots. I invited her to drinks, and she's asking for more--from what amounts to a complete stranger. If when I hugged her hello at the beginning of the date I asked, "hey, can I also grab your ass?" she would tell me to fuck off. This is basically the same principle.

Lastly, buying chicks food makes it less likely that you'll bang her. Not only does the alcohol not do its job as well, the subconscious knowledge that she's easily managed to extract more resources from you without a commitment from her (sex) works against you on a deep genetic level.

This is Game 101.

Tuth is correct, and if you're doing a LOT of dating, the costs add up quickly.