Roosh V Forum
6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: 6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic (/thread-39055.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - WestIndianArchie - 08-11-2014

1) Assuming your visa and finances are straight. You have enough time and money to live comfortably
- your own place/apartment
- transportation is cool
- domestic assistance when needed

2) Assuming basic proficiency in the language, or willingness to learn

What country and what city would YOU go to? Not the average traveler/rational actor/reasonable man. But based on your desires, which way do you go?

Thanks

WIA

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - Tough lucky Luke - 08-11-2014

Easy choice :

"Assuming proficiency in the language, and you have money and your own place/apartment" :

then first choice is Brazil, then Colombia a close second, then Dominican Rep third.

Because of security issues. Beauty and variety of looks of women. Infrastructures. Cleanliness of cities.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - HonantheBarbarian - 08-11-2014

Brazil> Col> DR

DR would be my last choice.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - Tough lucky Luke - 08-11-2014

If "money and language are not a problem", I'd go first to Porto Alegre, then Medellin, then... well, nowhere in the Dominican Rep! Instead I'd go third to Florianopolis, or Rio or maybe Cali?

(Why go to the Dom Rep if you have good money and thus the Brazil option? Unless you specifically want the thrill of it, the risk and third-world vibe? Which I don't, if they can be avoided)

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - Brosemite - 08-11-2014

Question is....how badly do you want to learn one of these languages?

If serious about it, you can apply for a student visa because there are universities in at least Colombia or Brazil that offer Portuguese for "estrangeiros" or "gringos" with intense classes.

The language skills you pick up will strengthen your game & target audience opposed to daygaming & hoping to find English speakers in either places, which would be a lower % play IMO.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - WestIndianArchie - 08-11-2014

Quote: (08-11-2014 05:21 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

If serious about it, you can apply for a student visa because there are universities in at least Colombia or Brazil that offer Portuguese for "estrangeiros" or "gringos" with intense classes.

The language skills you pick up will strengthen your game & target audience opposed to daygaming & hoping to find English speakers in either places, which would be a lower % play IMO.

Thanks.

And I'm not a "public square" gamer. I haven't developed an "Archie Stop"

So the university coffee shop or nearby park would be ideal if I want to day game.

I live for the night.

WIA

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - Sonsowey - 08-11-2014

I have been in Colombia, have not been in Brazil/DR.

I really liked Colombia. There were negatives though.

What I will say is that DR obviously has a lot more crime and poverty, so if you don't need a "budget" destination, and aren't absolutely mad for Dominican girls, I wouldn't go there.

Brazil is the more expensive of the 3 options, and the most westernized if you're heading to the Southern areas. For that reason, I would avoid it. Many reports I've read on Brazil state how quickly girls are becoming bitchy and entitled like American girls, and what a drastic change it is from 5 or 10 years ago. So I am losing interest in travelling there.

Colombia, many places are quite safe and nice. Girls are flaky but sweet. If you speak any Spanish and are dealing with normal girls and not girls who make a living off of wealthy foreigners, girls there can be really really great.

I would personally recommend Cali for its superior food, music, and weather. I wrote about my experiences in Cali here:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35098....light=cali

Cali's weather is warm without being humid. It is in the foothills of the Andes, elevated above sea level, which means basically no mosquitoes, very low humidity, and weather that's constantly between 70-90 degrees. Never terribly hot like, say, Cartagena which is on the Carribean coast and can be over 90 frequently with full humidity.

Obviously, you may value different things than I do, and my guesses about the DR and Brazil aren't worth much compared to real experiences there.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - Brodiaga - 08-11-2014

I've been to all three, though wouldn't call myself an expert.

I would choose Colombia. It's cheaper and (marginally) safer than Brazil. The girls in Colombia seem friendlier, at least they were friendlier to me. DR gets a lot of good reviews on RVF, but I've only been to a small touristy village there.

Quote: (08-11-2014 06:07 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

I would choose Colombia. It's cheaper and (marginally) safer than Brazil.

Colombia safer than Brazil? safer than Southern Brazil? As in, Cali or Cartagena safer than Porto Alegre? I am surprised.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - pitt - 08-11-2014

What are you exactly looking for? Lots of bangs, learning a language, hardcore partying, beaches,? It depends on what you are looking for and what type of girls you like.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - Brosemite - 08-11-2014

Quote: (08-11-2014 05:50 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Thanks.

So the university coffee shop or nearby park would be ideal if I want to day game.

I live for the night.

WIA

Good stuff. Lack of English levels in say Latin America are going to be a bigger obstacle than say Asia or Europe IMO.

At least for Brazil, personal lessons can go for $30.00 USD an hour (sheesh). If you take intensive classes through a university, I believe it would be say $400.00 per quarter (every 2 mos) for 120 hours of training. Could even play the "attorney" working on international contracts card as your excuse too (Very common for foreign professionals at these universities).

Quote: (08-11-2014 06:19 PM)Tough lucky Luke Wrote:  

Colombia safer than Brazil? safer than Southern Brazil? As in, Cali or Cartagena safer than Porto Alegre? I am surprised.

I can't speak for Colombia...but Porto Alegre and Curitiba are by no means safe in So. Brazil.

A daughter in my host family and her fiancee were mugged in a pretty upscale suburb/neighborhood called Juvevê in Curitiba. It wasn't reported in the news widely either, but ex-pats in CWB also indicated their tourism bus (Linha Turismo) has been mugged in past too.

Porto Alegre is supposedly deemed more dangerous than Curitiba. The proximity between everything is advantageous, but it also gives bums easy access to exploit pedestrians walking between neighborhoods at night = taxis way to go in POA when there is darkness.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - Tough lucky Luke - 08-12-2014

Quote: (08-11-2014 07:41 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

I can't speak for Colombia...but Porto Alegre and Curitiba are by no means safe in So. Brazil.

A daughter in my host family and her fiancee were mugged in a pretty upscale suburb/neighborhood called Juvevê in Curitiba. It wasn't reported in the news widely either, but ex-pats in CWB also indicated their tourism bus (Linha Turismo) has been mugged in past too.

Porto Alegre is supposedly deemed more dangerous than Curitiba. The proximity between everything is advantageous, but it also gives bums easy access to exploit pedestrians walking between neighborhoods at night = taxis way to go in POA when there is darkness.

Interesting data, thanks [Image: smile.gif] . But at least, during day time, there's no way you can be mugged in downtown, central Porto Alegre... You can even walk past the big football stadium, the Inter, keep on and walk along the laguna, all the way til the small modern museum facing the waters, and nobody will mug you, during the day... At night, yes, taking your car or a taxi might be a much better option...

Still, Porto Alegre at night remains 20 times safer than say, Recife or Salvador de Bahia, I'd say...

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - dalbroker - 08-12-2014

Cali is super dangerous. I got a very seedy dangerous vibe when
there. MUCH MORE dangerous than Medellin.

The nicest part of Cali has very crappy infrastructure.

Enough said.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - viajero - 08-12-2014

Quote: (08-11-2014 05:50 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (08-11-2014 05:21 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

Thanks.

I live for the night.

WIA

IMO, the two biggest competing issues are this (since you are a night-game guy):

In Colombia, you can really ball out for the amount of money you'd spend to live pretty normally in Brazil.

However, nightlife in Brazil will resemble nightlife in the States a lot more than nightlife in Colombia will.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - Merenguero - 08-12-2014

If you are only seeking notches and nothing else (I really doubt that's the case), the Dominican Republic is your best bet. For everything else, as other posters have written, Brazil is the best choice, followed by Colombia, followed by the Dominican Republic. I would also consider Costa Rica, which I think is the most underrated place on the forum, but I also see it as a place to go for notches and nothing more. As far as Colombian cities go, Bogota and Medellin are your best bets if language is an issue. Second tier cities like Pereira and Manizales are best if language is not an issue. I would do as much research on Brazilian cities and pick the place which best suits your look/style/personality/language skills (or lack thereof).

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - pitt - 08-12-2014

Quote: (08-12-2014 08:27 AM)dalbroker Wrote:  

Cali is super dangerous. I got a very seedy dangerous vibe when
there. MUCH MORE dangerous than Medellin.

The nicest part of Cali has very crappy infrastructure.

Enough said.

Cali is super dangerous? The nicest part of cali has crappy insfrastructure? It sounds like you have never been to Cali. Cali is probably the safest city I have ever been and I went to the hoods in Cali. Try salvador, bahia and then you will know what is dangerous.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - chochemonger1 - 08-12-2014

A theory I have is that the DR might be the best of the 3 because of the quantity of Russian, European and Japanese women that travel there each year. In other words, you can mix it up a bit, if you are spending 6 or more months there, which is not really possible in Colombia and Brazil.
Also, though the quality of DR women is on average not as high, just the amount of attention, availability and ease of the women means you have a much larger pool from which to choose from. In Brazil and, even sometimes in Colombia, you might go a few days without good results. That does not seem to be the case with the DR.
I am heading to Santiago and Santo Domingo next month so will keep you informed.

Quote: (08-12-2014 05:31 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

A theory I have is that the DR might be the best of the 3 because of the quantity of Russian, European and Japanese women that travel there each year. In other words, you can mix it up a bit, if you are spending 6 or more months there, which is not really possible in Colombia and Brazil.
Also, though the quality of DR women is on average not as high, just the amount of attention, availability and ease of the women means you have a much larger pool from which to choose from. In Brazil and, even sometimes in Colombia, you might go a few days without good results. That does not seem to be the case with the DR.
I am heading to Santiago and Santo Domingo next month so will keep you informed.

Welcome back. It's been well over a year.

Quote: (08-12-2014 05:49 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Welcome back. It's been well over a year.

Glad to be back! In that time, I have been studying Russian for my trip there in October. Since I had to unfortunately return to the US, I have not traveled in 18 months. So I am going on a DR-E.Europe-Russia-Thailand 4 month extravangaza to settle once and for all which region has the best women.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - Big Nilla - 08-12-2014

Choche, can you tell me how a light skinned Latino does in the USA?! [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (08-12-2014 06:27 PM)Big Nilla Wrote:  

Choche, can you tell me how a light skinned Latino does in the USA?! [Image: wink.gif]

Usually better than a nineteen year old Indian guy from the deep south, but there are, of course, exceptions.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - Brodiaga - 08-12-2014

I am comparing Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena in Colombia to Rio, Salvador, Maceio and Sao Paulo in Brazil.

I have not been to Southern Brazil, though from what I know it is generally safer.

Quote: (08-12-2014 06:27 PM)Big Nilla Wrote:  

I don't care how I do in the USA...cause here I have lost a lot of my sex drive....just waiting to leave ASAP.
It had been 8 years since Id been back, but the amount of fatties, masculine women, monsters, bitches is surreal.....And I thought a lot of you guys had been exaggerating---the truth is it is way worse! Even the few hotties that I have seen repulse me haha.

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - Kaizen - 08-12-2014

A theory I have is that the DR might be the best of the 3 because of the quantity o[b]f Russian, European and Japanese women that travel there each year. [/b]In other words, you can mix it up a bit, if you are spending 6 or more months there, which is not really possible in Colombia and Brazil..

choch wouldn't the tourists mainly be in resorts? I think it might be hard for someone staying a long time to target them as WIA would more likely be in the cities; Ive been to s domingo only and it was certainly all dominicans.

from reading you WIA on here, brazil>DR. haven't been to colombia

6 Months - Brazil v. Colombia v. Domincan Republic - WestIndianArchie - 08-12-2014

Also, though the quality of DR women is on average not as high,

I'm curious as to what you mean by quality.

Going off of say Latin Euro, looks wise they're all pretty comparable.

Is there something else to add to the mix?

WIA