Roosh V Forum
The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts (/thread-38140.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Mentavious - 08-03-2018

Have any of you guys went solo to a resort that was for honeymooners like St Regis Bora bora/Maldives? I would like to use the rest of my points for five free nights but I’m not sure if I will feel out of place there. It’s something that will be very hard pass up though.

Thoughts?

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Clint Barton - 08-15-2018

This is a reminder that Chase is eliminating Korea Air as a Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partner on August 25th. Aug. 25 is the last day to transfer UR points to Korea Air.

There are some good values with Korea Air. I personally haven't used them as a transfer partner in the past, but this info may be useful to some of you if you have a already caught it on travel blogs.

For those with lots of UR points, do you plan to transfer?

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - chicane - 08-15-2018

Quote: (08-15-2018 11:38 AM)Clint Barton Wrote:  

This is a reminder that Chase is eliminating Korea Air as a Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partner on August 25th. Aug. 25 is the last day to transfer UR points to Korea Air.

There are some good values with Korea Air. I personally haven't used them as a transfer partner in the past, but this info may be useful to some of you if you have a already caught it on travel blogs.

For those with lots of UR points, do you plan to transfer?

Not to Korea Air, but it looks like transferring points to United gets me a lot more value than buying through the Chase travel portal, even with the 1.5x with a CSR. It looks like I can get a round trip to Ukraine for 60K points by transferring.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - PrettyBoyAJ - 09-06-2018

What Credit Cards do you guys recommend for Travel/Perk Hacking.

Heres the 3 Credit Cards I have already completed offers with.

1. Chase Sapphire
2. Capital One Venture
3. Chase Marriott Premier Plus Reward

I'm looking to apply for a fourth one since I've already did the minimum spend and gotten the perks for both cards.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Mentavious - 09-06-2018

Get yourself the spg luxury card. 5k spend is steep but not so bad especially with Christmas coming up.

Otherwise the chase freedom card is something you can pair with your chase sapphire for chase points.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Cattle Rustler - 09-06-2018

Quote: (09-06-2018 07:14 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Get yourself the spg luxury card. 5k spend is steep but not so bad especially with Christmas coming up.

Otherwise the chase freedom card is something you can pair with your chase sapphire for chase points.

How is the SPG value wise now that it's program is part of Mariott's? I just like that they added the Ritz Carlton in it but other than that I dunno if it's better.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Tail Gunner - 09-06-2018

Quote: (09-06-2018 06:29 PM)PrettyBoyAJ Wrote:  

What Credit Cards do you guys recommend for Travel/Perk Hacking.

Heres the 3 Credit Cards I have already completed offers with.

1. Chase Sapphire
2. Capital One Venture
3. Chase Marriott Premier Plus Reward

I'm looking to apply for a fourth one since I've already did the minimum spend and gotten the perks for both cards.

That is a timely question, because I have a $6,000 purchase coming up that I can charge to a credit card. I already have the following travel cards:

1. Chase Sapphire
2. Capital One Venture
3. Mileage Plus Explorer
4. Barclaycard Arrival+

The problem is that I hate hotels and, as a result, I always stay at an AirBNB. I suppose that it might be worth having a hotel card for long trips where I wish to stay overnight (for free) at a hotel near the airport on the first leg. I may take a look at the SPG luxury card. I see that beginning February 1, most of the SPG all-suite properties will require 85,000 points, instead of just 60,000 points.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/starwood-...rd-review/

Whatever you do, stay away from the Citi/American Airlines credit cards. Their service was so bad that I actually cancelled their card before I had gotten my free bonus points. They warned me that cancelling the card may prohibit me from obtaining a card in the future. I replied: "Why on Earth would I ever want to do business with a company like you again?" Possibly the worst customer service that I ever encountered.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Mentavious - 09-06-2018

Quote: (09-06-2018 07:33 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

How is the SPG value wise now that it's program is part of Mariott's? I just like that they added the Ritz Carlton in it but other than that I dunno if it's better.

Hilton offers its own version of the card that gives away free suite upgrades and top tier status so if you don’t travel that much then I would go with that.

Will be interesting to see the off peak and peak points dates when they are implemented. Other than the 100k points and the 300 credit its probably not worth it for most people. Do keep in mind the annual fee is 450 so I will probably cancel after I get my points and use the credit.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Hypno - 09-07-2018

SPG didn't just add marriott, it merged with them. SPG used to be better because there were favorable ways to transfer to airlines to top off your airline accounts to have just enough for a reward. Not sure how that works with Marriott.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Mentavious - 09-07-2018

Quote: (09-07-2018 04:55 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

SPG didn't just add marriott, it merged with them. SPG used to be better because there were favorable ways to transfer to airlines to top off your airline accounts to have just enough for a reward. Not sure how that works with Marriott.

3 to 1 transfer with a 5k bonus for every 60k miles. The same as it was before.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Jetset - 09-07-2018

I think AmEx is doing the 100,000 point targeted offer through CardMatch again. You can see if you qualify.

https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/?a...d442e62f24

More lounges, other transfer partners, free Starwood/Marriott Gold, free Hilton Gold. The $200 Uber credit, $200 airline fee credit, and AmEx Offers can pay for the annual fee all by themselves. You also get free use of the Concierge phone center to make yourself feel like a bigshot.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - PrettyBoyAJ - 09-10-2018

Quote: (09-07-2018 07:02 PM)Jetset Wrote:  

I think AmEx is doing the 100,000 point targeted offer through CardMatch again. You can see if you qualify.

More lounges, other transfer partners, free Starwood/Marriott Gold, free Hilton Gold. The $200 Uber credit, $200 airline fee credit, and AmEx Offers can pay for the annual fee all by themselves. You also get free use of the Concierge phone center to make yourself feel like a bigshot.

Thats one hell of a lot of perks. Which Amex is it that has that? I'm going to see if I qualify through that website. The only one I see the Amex everyday card.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - PrettyBoyAJ - 09-10-2018

After doing research that Amex Platinum is looking really good as far as benefits are concerned. I used the cardmatch and I didn't get that offer. I'll figure out a way to get it.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - royalbluecoast - 09-12-2018

Quote: (07-14-2014 06:13 AM)Global Entry Wrote:  

For travellers in dubai.Best yacht rental provider in dubai.https://rbcyachtrental.com/

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - worldtraveler3 - 09-12-2018

Anyone else found their SPG points disappear after the merger?

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Jetset - 09-12-2018

Quote: (09-10-2018 05:52 PM)PrettyBoyAJ Wrote:  

After doing research that Amex Platinum is looking really good as far as benefits are concerned. I used the cardmatch and I didn't get that offer. I'll figure out a way to get it.

Sorry, I should have specified Personal Platinum. That's the travel card. (Business Platinum, if you can qualify, has its own set of perks.)

It's a great card. I really don't put any spend on it, just synergize all the perks with my Chase Sapphire Reserve.

The AmEx 5x points on hotels through AmEx Travel books as a third-party online agent, so you don't get hotel loyalty points, but you can use your Sapphire to book direct and get your bonus on the Chase card and keep the Gold points boost. Those two hotel programs will also get you a status match upgrade at a lot of smaller hotel programs, like iPrefer.

The AmEx Offers are often 20-25% cashback or in points, and include a lot of hotels as well as other stuff. I've got $50 off $250 at Hugo Boss, $60 off $300 at Marriott, $100 off $500 at Peninsula Hotels, $50 off $250 at Caesar's Palace, $25 off $100 at Sherwin-Williams Paint, and about 100 others available right now. Adds up very fast if you keep an eye on it.

Bitches don't know you're only taking a private black car service from the airport because you got 25% off and it was cheaper than a taxi. They just know you check in at the "important people" desk at the hotel.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - PrettyBoyAJ - 09-12-2018

Quote: (09-12-2018 08:24 AM)Jetset Wrote:  

Quote: (09-10-2018 05:52 PM)PrettyBoyAJ Wrote:  

Sorry, I should have specified Personal Platinum. That's the travel card. (Business Platinum, if you can qualify, has its own set of perks.)

It's a great card. I really don't put any spend on it, just synergize all the perks with my Chase Sapphire Reserve.

The AmEx 5x points on hotels through AmEx Travel books as a third-party online agent, so you don't get hotel loyalty points, but you can use your Sapphire to book direct and get your bonus on the Chase card and keep the Gold points boost. Those two hotel programs will also get you a status match upgrade at a lot of smaller hotel programs, like iPrefer.

The AmEx Offers are often 20-25% cashback or in points, and include a lot of hotels as well as other stuff. I've got $50 off $250 at Hugo Boss, $60 off $300 at Marriott, $100 off $500 at Peninsula Hotels, $50 off $250 at Caesar's Palace, $25 off $100 at Sherwin-Williams Paint, and about 100 others available right now. Adds up very fast if you keep an eye on it.

Bitches don't know you're only taking a private black car service from the airport because you got 25% off and it was cheaper than a taxi. They just know you check in at the "important people" desk at the hotel.

Yea, those are the benefits I need. I've tried to get that offer through cardmatch for the personal platinum but I did not get the offer.

You claim that the Amex Offers are often 20-25% cashback but I assume you mean its cashback on only those specific spending. Which is a good deal if you are using a lot of those hotels. It's actually really good. I'll keep looking for that 100k points offer. The only ones I've had access to is 60k points.

I still have 500$ to spend on my Marriott card so I can get my 100k hotel points. After I spend this last 500$ I'm going back to Capital One Venture as I get 1% back. The next time I have a big purchase however I may just get into that 60k offer for AmEx Platinum and cop in.

Is there any hacks/anything that you used to get the offer or did you get it the first try?

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Jetset - 09-12-2018

Quote: (09-12-2018 10:08 AM)PrettyBoyAJ Wrote:  

You claim that the Amex Offers are often 20-25% cashback but I assume you mean its cashback on only those specific spending. Which is a good deal if you are using a lot of those hotels. It's actually really good. I'll keep looking for that 100k points offer. The only ones I've had access to is 60k points.

I still have 500$ to spend on my Marriott card so I can get my 100k hotel points. After I spend this last 500$ I'm going back to Capital One Venture as I get 1% back. The next time I have a big purchase however I may just get into that 60k offer for AmEx Platinum and cop in.

Is there any hacks/anything that you used to get the offer or did you get it the first try?

I pulled it on the first try in the spring. I'm not sure what the criteria are, all I saw was this article announcing that it's back:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-plati...ted-bonus/

You're correct that Offers are specific advertisers and made available on some unknown formula. They add new ones every few days and you pick the ones you want to reserve. Clothing stores, wine and meal services, flower delivery, all that stuff are really common.

Once some limit has been hit of interested cardholders, they disappear and then you have the Offer tied to your account until it expires, usually three months or so out.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - USplayer642 - 09-12-2018

For cheap flights, skiplagged is normally half the cost.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - PrettyBoyAJ - 09-25-2018

Does anyone know the website for Settlement case action lawsuits? Where you can sign up and stuff.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - PrettyBoyAJ - 10-02-2018

Quote: (09-07-2018 07:02 PM)Jetset Wrote:  

I've been trying for a couple weeks now to get this offer to no avail. I wonder what other cards are similar to this one with this amount of points. I could signup the AmEx platinum with a 60k bonus but I'm aiming for the 100k.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - chicane - 10-02-2018

I just found out I can transfer Marriott points to various airlines. United is 3:1.1, so I should have enough points to pay for another trip to Ukraine. Cool.

I wound up with so many points by signing up for the Chase Marriott card and getting 100K points and then signing up for the AmEx SPG card before the merger which is another 75K points. Plus the minimum spend and such and I now have almost 200K Marriott points.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Randy Wagenheim - 10-03-2018

Quote: (07-14-2014 06:13 AM)Global Entry Wrote:  

At the suggestion of a well-known and admired forum poster, I'm starting this thread to provide and share advice on how to get the most out of traveling the world on a "budget."

All of us travel on a budget (well, the vast majority of us). The actual budget just varies. I tend to find myself on the slightly higher side of that budget range, typically when I'm traveling for work or with my gal, or sometimes on more of a budget, when I'm traveling alone for pleasure (though I sometimes will splurge a bit for this as well). Many of you might find yourself at the lower side of the range, but that doesn't mean you can't find value. It might just take a bit more work.

The background I have, besides being an attorney, is as a movie producer. The job of a movie producer resembles arranging and booking and travel in one crucial way - you want it to seem a lot more expensive that what you actually paid, whether its on the screen for a producer, or in the class of your flight, the perks of your stay, the view from your hotel, etc.

So in any event, this thread will address how to get more out of your travel, and hopefully we can include some deals on travel that are available to those of us lucky enough to be on the move. All of this hopefully can be geared to the interests of the forum, and destinations that people find enticing.

Just to give you a sense of what's at stake here, I'll fly soon from NYC to HK round trip business class for $1800 (which would be a normally coach seat price, if not more). Normally that trip is close to $4000 on the airline I'm flying, Cathay Pacific. I recently stayed in Bangkok for $30 per night off Sumkivit in the Sheraton for $30 per night. I've already aggregated hundreds of thousands of points, and the typical cost of a roundtrip ticket from the US to Europe in coach is as low as 40,000 miles (Dublin) or 50,000 miles (UK). You can being to see the value of figuring out how to make these numbers add up, because it results in savings or a greatly improved travel experience.

Feel free to add your questions, as well as insights in achieving these objectives.

Thank you! [Image: exclamation.gif]

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - PrettyBoyAJ - 10-04-2018

Quote: (10-02-2018 04:19 PM)chicane Wrote:  

I just found out I can transfer Marriott points to various airlines. United is 3:1.1, so I should have enough points to pay for another trip to Ukraine. Cool.

I wound up with so many points by signing up for the Chase Marriott card and getting 100K points and then signing up for the AmEx SPG card before the merger which is another 75K points. Plus the minimum spend and such and I now have almost 200K Marriott points.

Thats a good come up. I just received my 100k Marriott points from my Credit Card.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Jetset - 10-06-2018

American Express has revised their U.S. Gold Card.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-gold-current-offer/

It's no longer 2x U.S. supermarkets, 2x U.S. restaurants, 1x gas, $195/year.

It's now 4x U.S. supermarkets, 4x U.S. restaurants, $250/year.

This comes with a $100 airline fee credit and a $10/mo dining credit valid at GrubHub/Seamless and a few chains.

The restaurant bonus is meaningless if you already have CSR and travel internationally, but that supermarket bonus alone may make it profitable for some people.