Roosh V Forum
Further proof that looks aren't everything - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Further proof that looks aren't everything (/thread-34420.html)

Pages: 1 2

Further proof that looks aren't everything - Windom Earle - 03-24-2014

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relatio...6864157052

Darren Donaghey is living proof that when it comes to true love, looks aren’t everything.

[Image: attachment.jpg17774]   

The 29-year-old British man has been crowned the “Punching Above His Weight Champion” by a Newcastle radio station, for pulling his beautiful blonde fiance Kate Cathart.

The adorable couple, who have been together for eight years, won a two-week holiday to Greece simply because of the apparent imbalance in their looks.

Mr Donaghey, a sales adviser, thought he’d be a strong contender for the top prize, saying he’s used to copping flak about how he managed to pull his gorgeous partner.

“For years I’ve had stick about how I managed to woo Kate and it’s not unusual to be out together and other guys to innocently start chatting Kate up, thinking that I couldn’t possibly be with her,” Mr Donaghey told The Chronicle .

“Even when we are out shopping at ([British grocery store) Asda I get these funny looks from blokes and I know what they are thinking.

“Having put up with this for years I knew we had a decent chance of winning [the radio competition]. Some of the other blokes in the final were pretty horrid so at least now I know how I measure up.”

The couple met when Kate moved into the same street as Darren. They now have a two-year-old son called Jaxon are getting married in August.

“I love Darren dearly and as most people know, looks aren’t everything,” Ms Cathart said.

Darren and Kate had planned just a short weekend break as a honeymoon, but are now able to enjoy two weeks of luxury thanks to winning the competition.

“We now have the ultimate honeymoon to look forward to,” said Ms Cathart.

“The competition has been nothing but great fun.”

“We joke about it all the time. He may not be Tom Cruise, but looks fade, and personality stays for ever.”

Further proof that looks aren't everything - SpeedRacer - 03-24-2014

"apparent imbalance in their looks." [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]

Further proof that looks aren't everything - Valhalla - 03-24-2014

Girls don't care as much about looks is male hamstering

He's betabux

Women chose mates pragmatically

Further proof that looks aren't everything - Hotwheels - 03-24-2014

Quote:Quote:

Mr Donaghey, a sales adviser,

Coincidence? I think not.

The best salesmen I know also generally punch above their weight with their mates.

Further proof that looks aren't everything - samsamsam - 03-24-2014

Quote: (03-24-2014 08:33 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

The best salesmen I know also generally punch above their weight with their mates.

I have always wondered if I should try to get a sales job. Granted I am busy with my current situation, but I thought maybe I should try selling cars or something.

Further proof that looks aren't everything - Hotwheels - 03-24-2014

Quote: (03-24-2014 08:57 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Quote: (03-24-2014 08:33 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

I have always wondered if I should try to get a sales job. Granted I am busy with my current situation, but I thought maybe I should try selling cars or something.

Something I posted about sales and game a couple years ago.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14543-...#pid243099

Further proof that looks aren't everything - Benoit - 03-25-2014

Their child is called Jaxon.
[Image: wtf.jpg]

Further proof that looks aren't everything - funkyzeit - 03-25-2014

Has science gone too far?

Further proof that looks aren't everything - Moma - 03-25-2014

He might have a big willie to offset the facial imbalance.

Further proof that looks aren't everything - RougeNoir - 03-25-2014

[Image: attachment.jpg17791]   

Further proof that looks aren't everything - presidentcarter - 03-25-2014

See it everyday in Moscow. Not to that degree...but 9s (girls) with 5s (guys) happens all the time.

Further proof that looks aren't everything - eradicator - 03-25-2014

Props to the salesman on his mad game.

This is what I thought when I saw the pic

[Image: tumblr_lu0i66OarJ1qbyfvlo1_500.png]

Further proof that looks aren't everything - YoungBlood - 03-25-2014

Don't kid yourself.

Looks matter. Charles Darwin even said it himself.

“Both sexes, if the females as well as the males were permitted to exert any choice, would choose their partners not for mental charms, or property, or social position, but almost solely from external appearance.” (1871, p386).

I agree with the commenter above stating that "looks don't matter" is male hamster talk.

With that being said, game is still a useful tool.

Further proof that looks aren't everything - jariel - 03-25-2014

[Image: again%20fyalb.jpg]

Further proof that looks aren't everything - Windom Earle - 03-25-2014

Quote: (03-25-2014 03:25 PM)YoungBlood Wrote:  

Don't kid yourself.

Looks matter. Charles Darwin even said it himself.

“Both sexes, if the females as well as the males were permitted to exert any choice, would choose their partners not for mental charms, or property, or social position, but almost solely from external appearance.” (1871, p386).

I agree with the commenter above stating that "looks don't matter" is male hamster talk.

With that being said, game is still a useful tool.

It's not 1871 anymore.

Looks aren't emphasised anywhere near as much by women as they are by men. That's not male hamstering, that's the state of play.

Disagree? Enlighten a woman on the concept of “the Wall”, and see how that features in her decision making, inversely...or better yet, the frequency in which she assigns an “out of 10” rating based on looks alone, and more importantly, that being enough for her to give up her pussy.

Further proof that looks aren't everything - Kish - 03-25-2014

See you on page 9.

Further proof that looks aren't everything - sox - 03-25-2014

Well he does have tats..

Further proof that looks aren't everything - PhilE - 03-25-2014

http://www.metroradio.co.uk/win/punching...ur-weight/

if you want to see the other contestants

Further proof that looks aren't everything - soup - 03-25-2014

[Image: pimp.gif]

Further proof that looks aren't everything - Glock - 03-25-2014

It's obvious that she's wild about the parts of him that you can't see.

Further proof that looks aren't everything - speakeasy - 03-25-2014

I don't think there's any real conclusions to draw here. There are always going to be outliers who buck the rules. The guy may not have mad game, a huge dick or a lot of money. We don't know if he has any of these things. He may be just a completely average guy. Every once in awhile some normal guy just gets a hot girl to fall in love with him through dumb luck. Like hitting the powerball. Maybe she was going through some tough shit in her life at the time they met and he made her feel good through that time and she fell for him and saw past his looks. It happens, sometimes.

What I wouldn't do is look at a few outliers and draw any meaningful conclusions that could apply broadly for all men. Most ugly dudes short of fame or wealth are NOT going to end up with hot chics. The FSU may be an exception but that's because of an unnatural demographic imbalance. These guys wouldn't have a chance at those hot girls if they didn't have demographics to help them out.

Further proof that looks aren't everything - cardguy - 03-25-2014

The fact that there is a competition - and a thread devoted to this topic. Proves that - most of the time - looks do matter.

Further proof that looks aren't everything - Hotwheels - 03-25-2014

Well do you think if the guy was an average chode, without big bux etc, she would be with him for 8 years?

Looking at her watch he isn't a big time baller...

I smell game denialism...

Further proof that looks aren't everything - Mr. Calicoat - 03-25-2014

I think I'm punching above my weight with my current girl. Maybe I should participate in this contest next time. I sure could use a nice vacation.

Further proof that looks aren't everything - Lucario - 03-26-2014

Quote: (03-25-2014 07:46 PM)PhilE Wrote:  

http://www.metroradio.co.uk/win/punching...ur-weight/

if you want to see the other contestants

Apart from the bald dude, the males from the other couples do not look that bad, they look on par with their women. Especially couple B;he is average looking and she has a man face.