Roosh V Forum
What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: What foreigners have to do to get an American visa (/thread-34228.html)

Pages: 1 2

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - Roosh - 03-18-2014

Even though USA has a million illegal Mexicans who our politicians want to grant with amnesty, they treat other foreigners (such as Europeans) as if they were criminals.

Here's what you need to apply:

Quote:Quote:

Passport

Travel itinerary, if you have already made travel arrangements.

Dates of your last five visits or trips to the United States, if you have previously travelled to the United States. You may also be asked for your international travel history for the past five years.

Résumé or Curriculum Vitae - You may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history.

Other Information - Some applicants, depending on the intended purpose of travel, will be asked to provide additional information when completing the DS-160.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en...tions.html

Then you pay $160 and have to go through an interview, where the agent will ask you "What if" questions like "What if you meet a beautiful American girl and she asks to marry you?" You absolutely can not say "I will stay in America."

http://www.immihelp.com/visitor-visa/vis...guide.html

It's very common to get rejected for a tourist visa, and you do not get your $160 application fee back.

[Image: fuckthat.gif]

Then if you are finally allowed entry, you have to be fingerprinted. It's hard for me to understand the reasoning behind this process.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - presidentcarter - 03-18-2014

Something I've been wondering recently:

What can an American do to assist a foreigner in attaining a visa (legally of course)?

Is there any kind of referral/recommendation/expedited process in this situation?

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - Patriarch - 03-18-2014

More post-9/11 paranoia combined with elitism. Although one would think terrorists could more easily enter this country illegally through Mexico than by sitting through an interview with immigration's version of HR.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - JayMeister - 03-18-2014

Surely this is a joke right? This can't apply to first world allied countries such as Germany, UK and the Netherlands... But yes, yes it does.

Honestly as if I didn't have enough reasons to be averse to going to the US, this interview business makes it 100% impossible to go there. Probably, if I had to go for work or something, I'd probably rather get fired. Full cavity search no thank you sir.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - Seth_Rose - 03-18-2014

I actually had the opportunity to see this first hand last Spring. I interned at a U.S. Embassy and spent two weeks in the consular section helping out with the Visa process.

A few points I want to make to add on to what you said:

1.) The application fee: I worked in what is considered a 3rd world country. A lot of people applying for visa's were quite poor and $160 is a huge sum of money to them (Several thousand to us). Almost always they would fail to get the visa.

The reason for this is that if they are a poor farmer they have no business coming to America. Okay that sounds harsh. To rephrase it, if they say they're visiting their 3rd cousin in Brooklyn and only make $200 a month, it's likely that they will stay beyond the visa's limits.

2.) Students and Tourists: Quite often people who came in wanting student visa's or tourist visa's got turned down. If there was any inkling that they would overstay their visa it was denied. I met one local who went to school in the U.S. and his visa application was rejected the first time.

Recently, I've gone on two dates with a Colombian girl (DC area), her application for her student visa was denied the first time.

3.) 1st world applicants: While I didn't work in a 1st world country, it is much easier to get an American visa their. At my embassy I was talking with the Deputy Chief of Mission (#2 in command behind the Ambassador) and he told me a story about how some guy in Iceland got rejected for an American visa. The US embassy got a call the next day from the PRIME MINISTER OF ICELAND. People from Iceland, England, Germany etc. have an easier time getting in, although it's not guaranteed.

@President Carter: I don't think so. The visa process is a pretty tight knit situation. It's basically limited to the consular officers, and unless there is a huge bribe beyond closed doors, I don't see a way to help someone with a visa.

Of course, a popular thing to do is to "marry" someone and then have them come to the US. There were cases where I worked where two people would get married, just to help them get a visa.

In defense of the whole process, it was amazing to see firsthand how many people try to sneak into this country. Lies...lies all day, every day. Consular officers don't have it easy; they put up with BS every day.

Anyway, like in the OP it is sad how millions of illegal immigrants can come in, but there are so many bright, hardworking foreigners who want to immigrate LEGALLY, but have a much, much harder time.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - JayMeister - 03-18-2014

Seth_Rose when I went to the US 6 years ago, all I had to do was fill in some waiver form and that was it. The second time I went, I had some "bad" (according to them) destinations in my passport and they made me sit in an office for 2 hours, then a guy came in and asked me some basic questions and that was it. All in all, that is about the upper limit of what I find acceptable as a white as fuck, no criminal record, educated white collar person.

So my question is what went wrong there? I really can't believe "9/11" is responsible for all this. I don't mean to sound insensitive but it was just two towers and a hole in the pentagon. The US kills more civilians in a week than the amount of people who died there. Also, it was a one-off event, not a trend towards more terrorism in general.

9/11 is just a lame excuse to enforce a police state, if you ask me.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - EisenBarde - 03-18-2014

American upper crust simultaneously look down upon us "peasants" for not being well traveled and then artificially make it more difficult to travel.

There's similarities to this in education, arts, and plenty of other life experiences.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - buja - 03-18-2014

Even though USA has a million illegal Mexicans

It's more like 7-8 million...

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - Gallego2006 - 03-18-2014

Pre-9/11, families could sponsor foreigners to come to America for a period. This was pretty common if an American family had hosted an exchange student for a school year and both the family and student wanted to extend the stay of the foreign student. The State Department has since tightened this type of sponsorship, last I recall.

But yea, the whole Visa thing is crazy. I get that people are trying to sneak into our country a lot, but we turn away Highly Skilled Labor from just about every country because of so-called "quotas." That's just plain stupid. Quick story, I knew a guy at NASA who had a Swiss Intern for a summer and during the internship, this Masters candidate was calling Nvidia about some graphics specs and modeling. Nvidia asked him if he was looking for a job after NASA and he said 'sure' not thinking anything about visas. Turns out, Nvidia had to turn him down because the "quota" for H-1B visas for the year were maxed out and they needed someone to start right away.

To me, that's some bullshit.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - Saladin - 03-18-2014

On the bright side the mutiple entry tourist visa lasts for 10 years....

Ive had an issue on my passport that led me to go to secondary a lot.. but I always get in. Last time the customs officer said he would try to get the issue fixed.

Not a fan of fingerprinting though.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - Pacesetter20 - 03-18-2014

Recently I've met a lot of people that want to visit America or get a visa. I tell them just go to Mexico and illegally cross the border, it will be much easier. They think I'm joking.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - 20Nation - 03-18-2014

The reason it's so tough is because hollywood made all of eastern europe, africa and latin america want to come to usa for a better life... legally or illegally. Now thanks to the millions of illegal immigrants, the usa must now make it harder for people to enter that dont come with money because it usually hurts the economy. That is why they want to discourage anybody without money from entering the US. I don't understand the amnesty thing. I think stricter laws on illegals would fix it easier.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - buja - 03-19-2014

It used to be that if immigrants couldn't make it in the US, they had to go back to the old country.

Government programs like food stamps didn't exist back then.
California's welfare system is referred as "la piñata" - you hit it and the goodies come out.

That being said, I generally prefer the Latino immigrants over the out-of-staters who have overpopulated So Cal.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - xpatplayer - 03-19-2014

The process is shitty, but necessary. While I think it could be improved and while I have been frustrated by the sheer difficulty of getting into America, you have to look at things from a consular officer's perspective.

When you look at the high rates and rejection rates, its to make sure that unskilled immigrants don't enter the United States legally. Like it or not, American politicians and law-enforcement can't do much about illegal immigration of unskilled laborers because of political pressure. This forces them to be extra-strict on who they give visas to, in order to make sure that unwanted people don't overstay.

I ended up going overkill on this post before editing it. I might end up posting an American Visa guide in the Lifestyle section sometime soon.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - Ardbeg - 03-19-2014

I have expertise on this issue.

Basically all applicants for a tourist visa are considered intending immigrants and have to prove otherwise (so basically you're considered guilty until proven innocent). This is based on immigration law (specifically section 214(b)).

For those not coming from visa waiver countries, this means you have to prove to the consular officer that you have ties outside the U.S. that will compel you to come back. While a CV, travel plans, bank accounts might help, they are not required. Now how do you prove that you're going to come back? That's the challenging part for young people with limited travel experience. But if you went to an expensive university, live in a nice neighborhood in your home country, and have extensive travel, it's not a big problem. Unfortunately, you have about two minutes for this interview so a lot of what matters is attitude. CVs, college degrees, etc can easily be faked in many countries. And consular officers don't have time to investigate all cases.

Two notes: according to some studies, 2/3 of the approximately 12 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. came to the U.S. legally (so they overstayed either their tourist or student visas). The majority of people actually get approved for tourist visas; it's over 70%.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - draguer - 03-19-2014

With my New Zealand passport it's not too bad. I pay a $10 online fee for an electronic visa and that gives me three months. Staying longer is a nightmare as described above.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - JayMeister - 03-19-2014

Oh I thought they'd done away with the VWP. All good then!

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - rishboy77 - 03-19-2014

Women are with young children actually have a advantage since they are considered a less likely a risk to overstay a visa.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - Seth_Rose - 03-19-2014

Quote: (03-18-2014 07:06 PM)JayMeister Wrote:  

Seth_Rose when I went to the US 6 years ago, all I had to do was fill in some waiver form and that was it. The second time I went, I had some "bad" (according to them) destinations in my passport and they made me sit in an office for 2 hours, then a guy came in and asked me some basic questions and that was it. All in all, that is about the upper limit of what I find acceptable as a white as fuck, no criminal record, educated white collar person.

So my question is what went wrong there? I really can't believe "9/11" is responsible for all this. I don't mean to sound insensitive but it was just two towers and a hole in the pentagon. The US kills more civilians in a week than the amount of people who died there. Also, it was a one-off event, not a trend towards more terrorism in general.

9/11 is just a lame excuse to enforce a police state, if you ask me.

I wish I could tell you more, but Im too young to know what the process was like pre-9/11 although I'd assume that is the cause.

Quote: (03-19-2014 03:43 AM)Ardbeg Wrote:  

I have expertise on this issue.

Basically all applicants for a tourist visa are considered intending immigrants and have to prove otherwise (so basically you're considered guilty until proven innocent). This is based on immigration law (specifically section 214(b)).

For those not coming from visa waiver countries, this means you have to prove to the consular officer that you have ties outside the U.S. that will compel you to come back. While a CV, travel plans, bank accounts might help, they are not required. Now how do you prove that you're going to come back? That's the challenging part for young people with limited travel experience. But if you went to an expensive university, live in a nice neighborhood in your home country, and have extensive travel, it's not a big problem. Unfortunately, you have about two minutes for this interview so a lot of what matters is attitude. CVs, college degrees, etc can easily be faked in many countries. And consular officers don't have time to investigate all cases.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - Hispanic_Reasoning - 03-19-2014

Quote: (03-18-2014 06:01 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Even though USA has a million illegal Mexicans who our politicians want to grant with amnesty

[Image: tumblr_m4li77J4nA1rn95k2o1_500.gif]

Jk. the US immigration system is fucked up. you can thank corporations and their desire for cheap labor for that. I do find it retarded that people who want to migrate to the US legally are treated like crap.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - Hispanic_Reasoning - 03-19-2014

Quote: (03-19-2014 01:24 AM)buja Wrote:  

Government programs like food stamps didn't exist back then.
California's welfare system is referred as "la piñata" - you hit it and the goodies come out.

California welfare system is retarded to the abyss. you can't get shit if you have any sort of income and even if really need help. income, no help. no income, you get the whole piñata (free healthcare, free housing, daycare, free food, etc).

That being said, I generally prefer the Latino immigrants over the out-of-staters who have overpopulated So Cal.

out of state American transplants to California are either three things: libtards who come thinking this libtard heaven on Earth, aspiring retarded actor/actress who thinks he/she will make it big, or big shot guy who goes to Silicon Valley or LA and hits it big but at the same time, makes the place already more expensive than it is (although I prefer this type over the others, but the last type is getting rarer and rarer thanks to California's overbearing regulations/taxes/COL).

out of country migrants are cool people generally. I also prefer them.

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - jasond - 03-19-2014

The crown jewel of the US immigration system is the yearly "green card lottery." 50,000 people from around the world, with no qualifications, are admitted to the country at random.

It sounds crazy, but it's true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en...tions.html

What foreigners have to do to get an American visa - speakeasy - 03-19-2014

Quote: (03-18-2014 06:01 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Even though USA has 14 million illegal Mexicans who our politicians want to grant with amnesty, they treat other foreigners (such as Europeans) as if they were criminals.

Fixed.

^^ As I understand, it is not open to certain nationalities that are 'overrepresented' in the US such as Chinese, Canadian, and Mexican.

Do any other countries have such a green card lottery?
I wish, I'd enter for sure.

As I understand the, Green Card Lottery is not open to certain nationalities that are 'overrepresented' in the US such as Chinese, Canadian, and Mexican.

Do any other countries have such a green card lottery?
I wish, I'd enter for sure.