Roosh V Forum
How much are you paying for health insurance? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: How much are you paying for health insurance? (/thread-34056.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Teddykgb - 03-13-2014

I was wondering what you guys are paying for health insurance and do you guys that live abroad have any sort of health insurance?

How much are you paying for health insurance? - el mechanico - 03-13-2014

I have Obama care

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Moma - 03-13-2014

I just checked my options for obama care today, gonna sign up for one of the options before the month ends and the marketplace closes.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Moma - 03-13-2014

Quote: (03-13-2014 05:35 PM)Teddykgb Wrote:  

I'm finally off my parents plan and I signed up with Lifewise paying $200 a month. I'm 26.

I was wondering what you guys are paying for health insurance and do you guys that live abroad have any sort of health insurance?

For the Western Europeans and Canadians, paying for health insurance is not a necessity. I am shooting in the dark here because I don't know if countries like Spain, Portugal, Italy have universal healthcare.

I do know for a fact that Britain, France, Denmark have it. Other foreign locals can chime in though...

How much are you paying for health insurance? - JJ Roberts - 03-13-2014

Zero.

Health care is free in my country.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - BoiBoi - 03-13-2014

In Germany it is obligatory to have health insurance. Unless you are on welfare, you (and your employer) have to pay for it. I'm working as a freelancer at the moment and pay 250€/month. Its the lowest rate possible, but still fucking expensive.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - jamaicabound - 03-13-2014

For having a low level job as a day job I actually get halfway decent insurance. I used to pay $33 a month, after obozo care I pay $88 per month now.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - el mechanico - 03-13-2014

Quote: (03-13-2014 06:21 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

For having a low level job as a day job I actually get halfway decent insurance. I used to pay $33 a month, after obozo care I pay $88 per month now.
Yes, you are paying for me now. It is true though.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Uzisuicide - 03-13-2014

I pay $88 per month for a single plan through employer.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - MidWest - 03-13-2014

I have Medicaid. So nothing

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Drazen - 03-13-2014

0. Get it at work. I pay like $50 a month for dental insurance though.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Yeti - 03-13-2014

$468 through Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

Soon to be 0 (or 1%) because I'm going off health insurance, so help me jesus

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Titan - 03-13-2014

Quote: (03-13-2014 10:23 PM)Yeti Wrote:  

$468 through Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

Soon to be 0 (or 1%) because I'm going off health insurance, so help me jesus

Jesus H. Christ. Are you on a super high risk group or what?

How much are you paying for health insurance? - ridiculous_nicholas - 03-13-2014

$387/month for a platinum plan. $500 deductible, $1000 max out of pocket. My company's plan was about $550 a month (for a worse plan) and they subsidized 90% of it. With Obamacare they gave us the opportunity to stay with the company plan or get our own and get an extra $500 a month, post tax. Worked out pretty well for me.

If you are in the US, you NEED to have health insurance. I don't care if its the cheapest, shittiest plan out there. Not only will insurance stop you from financial ruin, it will guarantee you get a good level of care. I'm extremely healthy, hadn't been to the doctor in years, haven't called in sick to work for a decade. Last year I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. All said and done my treatment probably came to $70,000.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - BIGINJAPAN - 03-13-2014

Fuck man I could kill someone when they say healthcare is free in my country.... Are you fucking retarded ?

Your fucking healthcare is not free, pull your heads out of your asses.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Brosemite - 03-13-2014

I'm in small business as my rate is around $170.00-$180.00 with a high ass deductible of $2000.00. Bout to switch to student insurance at $120.00 monthly with a deductible of $300.00

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Mage - 03-14-2014

My workplace pays my insurance.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Tail Gunner - 03-14-2014

Quote: (03-13-2014 06:03 PM)JJ Roberts Wrote:  

Zero.

Health care is free in my country.

I cannot believe that you could make such a comment, considering your excellent thread on monetary policy. Nothing is "free."

It just goes to show that we all have mental disconnects. [Image: wink.gif]

How much are you paying for health insurance? - spalex - 03-14-2014

lol it's free in good countries.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Chruznic - 03-14-2014

I pay for health insurance with tax, so i don't know the monthly amount that goes to it.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - RonnieB - 03-14-2014

Quote: (03-13-2014 11:00 PM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

Fuck man I could kill someone when they say healthcare is free in my country.... Are you fucking retarded ?

Your fucking healthcare is not free, pull your heads out of your asses.

I think we all understand this, don't kill anyone man.

Anyway it's free over here[Image: wink.gif]

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Handsome Creepy Eel - 03-14-2014

Judging from the "health care contribution" page on my salary recap, about $ 150 per month. Health care is financed directly through that, so as bad as it is, at least it's not hidden among general, nameless taxes. Its quality is poor and queues are very long (like at least two months for a simple medical examination), though.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - blueshark747 - 03-14-2014

My job pays the insurance optical dental and medical.

Including dental cleanings

How much are you paying for health insurance? - spalex - 03-14-2014

$200 a month is a fuck-load. Do you get some back on your tax refund or anything like that?

You have to pay travel insurance on top of that as well.

I would be pissed.

How much are you paying for health insurance? - Dr. Howard - 03-14-2014

Quote: (03-13-2014 10:57 PM)ridiculous_nicholas Wrote:  

$387/month for a platinum plan. $500 deductible, $1000 max out of pocket. My company's plan was about $550 a month (for a worse plan) and they subsidized 90% of it. With Obamacare they gave us the opportunity to stay with the company plan or get our own and get an extra $500 a month, post tax. Worked out pretty well for me.

If you are in the US, you NEED to have health insurance. I don't care if its the cheapest, shittiest plan out there. Not only will insurance stop you from financial ruin, it will guarantee you get a good level of care. I'm extremely healthy, hadn't been to the doctor in years, haven't called in sick to work for a decade. Last year I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. All said and done my treatment probably came to $70,000.

Yes, a 'catastrophic' insurance plan is a good choice above going with nothing at all, the rates are low (I pay 70/mo). You can get one with up to a $12000 deductible and use it with an HSA savings account (which doubles as a retirement account at age 65 and has tax benefits). Its the best of both worlds, imho.

1. It lets you pay cash for cheap things, and hospitals/docs give insane discounts for cash vs. insurance. My last visit to emerg at a hospital was a $800 bill, they discounted it to $450 when i said I would pay on the spot.

2. Its no shared/co pay after you cross the deductible, so if you have a 900,000 hospital stay, you pay 12,000 end of story.

If you have chronic health problems, its probably not the best. Thats when you should look to immigrate to Canada.