Roosh V Forum
Should I lower my standards ? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Should I lower my standards ? (/thread-22046.html)

Pages: 1 2

Should I lower my standards ? - rishboy77 - 03-24-2013

There was I on this past Friday night in a horrible club with 65% guys and few girls that interest me (in my book I want at least a 7). I could not get anywhere with the ones I talked too but I could easily get some action off the girls that did not interest me...a "4" in book. I know a lot of guys don't care if they want to get laid but I just can't do a girl that I'm not attracted too.

Any suggestions ?

Should I lower my standards ? - Dr Feelgood - 03-24-2013

Don't ask us, ask your cock.

Let nature take its course...

Should I lower my standards ? - TheMan - 03-24-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 11:28 AM)rishboy77 Wrote:  

There was I on this past Friday night in a horrible club with 65% guys and few girls that interest me (in my book I want at least a 7). I could not get anywhere with the ones I talked too but I could easily get some action off the girls that did not interest me...a "4" in book. I know a lot of guys don't care if they want to get laid but I just can't do a girl that I'm not attracted too.

Any suggestions ?

Just a head’s up: When it comes to your should I / should I not bang, that whole 1 - 10 scale stuff is just plain counterproductive. If you think about it, it's only real function is to relay / boast to other guys attractiveness standards that are really only valid to you. All that matters "would bang / fuck no".

Sorry if sounds condescending but I’m hung-over and this is me actually trying not to be. [Image: smile.gif]

Anyway, I digress…

From your description it just sounds like you were just encountering a bad night / shitty venue. If that was it, then just move on.

HOWEVER, that being said.

There is also the philosophy that you should take a dive (by your standards) to help get you out of a slump. The theory is that your confidence afterwards relative to when you were in your dry spell will be boosted, helping you climb out of the pits.

So if you are in a slump then by all means, go for it but definitely don't make it a habit. It is an easy trap to fall into and will have a near exponentially-increased inverse effect on your confidence.

Should I lower my standards ? - XXL - 03-24-2013

nevermind

Should I lower my standards ? - PrimeTime32 - 03-24-2013

Pussy has no face is my mantra.

Quote: (03-24-2013 11:42 AM)TheMan Wrote:  

Any suggestions ?

Just a head’s up: When it comes to your should I / should I not bang, that whole 1 - 10 scale stuff is just plain counterproductive. If you think about it, it's only real function is to relay / boast to other guys attractiveness standards that are really only valid to you. All that matters "would bang / fuck no".

Sorry if sounds condescending but I’m hung-over and this is me actually trying not to be. [Image: smile.gif]

Anyway, I digress…

From your description it just sounds like you were just encountering a bad night / shitty venue. If that was it, then just move on.

There is also the philosophy that you should take a dive (by your standards) to help get you out of a slump. The theory is that your confidence afterwards relative to when you were in your dry spell will be boosted, helping you climb out of the pits.

So if you are in a slump then by all means, go for it but definitely don't make it a habit. It is an easy trap to fall into and will have a near exponentially-increased inverse effect on your confidence.

Thanks for the advice. To be honest that is typical night for me in my home town of Toronto. The only time I do better in terms of trading up in looks and younger girls is when visiting tourist friendly places (Vegas, Cancun, Montreal, etc) or FSU countries.

I'm in early 40's, East Indian - I don't want to make it sound like trying to get a girl out of my league rather someone I would not be ashamed to be seen in public with.

Should I lower my standards ? - Ovid - 03-24-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 01:17 PM)rishboy77 Wrote:  

Quote: (03-24-2013 11:42 AM)TheMan Wrote:  

Any suggestions ?

Anyway, I digress…

Thanks for the advice. To be honest that is typical night for me in my home town of Toronto. The only time I do better in terms of trading up in looks and younger girls is when visiting tourist friendly places (Vegas, Cancun, Montreal, etc) or FSU countries.

I'm in early 40's, East Indian - I don't want to make it sound like trying to get a girl out of my league rather someone I would not be ashamed to be seen in public with.

You have a few options.

A) go to better venues that have prettier girls or more of them. From the sound of it though, this might not be an option because you live in Toronto and the general consensus is that the pickings are slim there.

B) Move to another city.

C) Focus on day game to try to find attractive girls who don't have the attitude problems which nightlife tends to exacerbate.

If she's ugly, she's ugly, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Should I lower my standards ? - OGNorCal707 - 03-24-2013

Lowering one's standards is a tough case, but it's a situation where every man has to decide for himself. It basically boils down to how horny you are and how long it's been since your last bang.

Last night, I dropped my standards very low, I fucked a pudgy chick who was basically a "5" for my town. I can't say I really felt great about it, but I was on a dry spell and basically needed to get my nut off to "re-set" the clock. It was hard wanting to stay with the chick at the bar, she was the first and only girl I opened, when I sat down on the stool next to her to order a drink.

There were other way cuter girls and my eyes started to wander, but this chick was at least cool and investing a lot into the conversation and dropping innuendos that made her seem DTF. I almost passed her off to my buddy who is older, overweight, and has much lower standards, but decided to stick with it to keep the option for the bang open.

I have to admit I was a little selfconcious, not that she was a hideous beast, but I usually only target 7+ chicks, and I did feel like I was getting looked at and observed by other people in the bar. I certainly made sure to not make out with her in public or be seen running "hard game" and using lot's of kino. One dude I know who is actually one of the better players in this town that I know pulls talent, came up to me to say what up and had a huge shit eating grin on his face, I guess he knew what was up, and while I'd like to be representing with something better, everyone dumpster dives from time to time.

So what was the verdict, basically I just chilled to last call, I figured I'd toss an easy "lay up" and if she wasn't DTF than it was "win-win" because I wasn't that attracted to her anyway. I basically said, "hey the bar is closing, let's go somewhere else to hang out some more". She was like "okay, I'm down, let's go to my place". I waited till we exited the bar and rounded the corner, than I kissed her.

She only lived literally a one minute walk away from the bar, we did some making out on the couch, I pulled my dick out, got some super passive LMR, then we bounced to the bedroom. I got to say I wasn't really feeling her body, she was pretty frump and had a little ponche, gross right? On the bright side she gave some gnarly head, complied to lick my balls, and was motivated enough to give good enough head that I fucked her a second time. Bitch loved the dick so much, that she even gave me head a 3 time and swallowed the nut on the last one.

Sorry for the dirty details, today I am kind of feeling neutral, I'm certainly not stoked, but I'm not feeling as regretful and shameful for banging a chunker as I thought I would. Basically, I got that shit out of my system, and won't be trying to pick low hanging fruit again anytime soon. But with everything in life, there is a time and place, if you are really "hungry" and haven't been fed any "naan" in a while, than some low hanging fruit may be the answer to quenching that aching thirst.

The chunk that I fucked last night, seemed to really like me, I guess I am better looking than her on the 10 scale and have a big dick, but I think I will have to kibosh that one for good. It may be hard in the weeks to come though, because I know that I could basically call her up, have her come over to my spot to give me gnarly head and I would have to put absolutely no work into it.

Now that I got it out of my system, it's time to work my way back up the totem pole so to speak. Sometimes though, it's nice to pick some easy low hanging fruit that doesn't require much work or hassle, having run around in circle like a hamster in a hamster wheel trying to get at 8+ chicks for the last couple months, probably aided my readiness to just fuck something incredibly easy. Any how from meet to fuck it was probably 2 hours with that chick, and the fact that I got no shit tests, resistance, she lived 1 minute from the bar, and I got gnarly head and ball play, in the end made it worth it.

Should I lower my standards ? - AvalancheInc - 03-24-2013

My friend has suggested a binary scale. She is either a 1 or a 0, a yes or no if you will.

Should I lower my standards ? - Parlay44 - 03-24-2013

There's nothing wrong with banging a 4 as long as she's not fat or dirty. There's plenty of butter-faces out there. I wouldn't girlfriend up(be seen in public) with a girl who's at least a 7 though.

Should I lower my standards ? - _GQ_ - 03-24-2013

Never fuck a chick that you're not at all attracted, makes no fucking sense. Unless it's your job.

Should I lower my standards ? - Spider - 03-24-2013

I have tried significantly lowering my standards in order to add a notch on a night were there isn't much talent, or my game isn't helping me out.

If I'm not attracted to them though, I usually run into trouble keeping it up, especially if they won't let me bang raw.

...if you don't have that problem then I see nothing wrong with banging the occasional girl that's lower than what you'd normally settle for.

Should I lower my standards ? - Days of Broken Arrows - 03-24-2013

You sure she was a 4 per se? Or just not someone you personally were attracted to?

Your story reminds me of my freshman orientation. We got one night in the dorm pre-first semester and I paired off with this little curly-haired girl. To me she was a 4 or so, because I was hitting better in high school. We spent the night together, but I never pushed her past second base or so because I felt I was lowering myself and sending her the wrong message.

But it turned out that in the context of college, she was at least a 7. As a high school senior, I had been dating freshman-sophomore cheerleaders and their peripheral friends in high school and my standards were above normal, although I didn't know it at the time. Several guys at orientation were openly envious of me (when guys claim you're "immoral" for spending the night with a woman, that's jealousy, not morals).

A few semesters down the road, Orientation Girl blossomed into a hot little number. Oops. My loss. She didn't do it for me that night, though.

Should I lower my standards ? - GunznButta - 03-24-2013

Oh God here we go again....

40's East Indian in Toronto complaining of his high standards? and a new poster at that?

Need i speak the Word?

Quote: (03-24-2013 04:15 PM)GunznButta Wrote:  

Oh God here we go again....

40's East Indian in Toronto complaining of his high standards? and a new poster at that?

Need i speak the Word?

Let's see you been only a year earlier then me that so makes you a God dam veteran of this board ? Sounds like if you don't mind fucking anything that weights more then you... go ahead.

Some people aspire to do better !

Should I lower my standards ? - BoiBoi - 03-24-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 01:39 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I have to admit I was a little selfconcious, not that she was a hideous beast, but I usually only target 7+ chicks, and I did feel like I was getting looked at and observed by other people in the bar. I certainly made sure to not make out with her in public or be seen running "hard game" and using lot's of kino. One dude I know who is actually one of the better players in this town that I know pulls talent, came up to me to say what up and had a huge shit eating grin on his face, I guess he knew what was up, and while I'd like to be representing with something better, everyone dumpster dives from time to time.

So what was the verdict, basically I just chilled to last call, I figured I'd toss an easy "lay up" and if she wasn't DTF than it was "win-win" because I wasn't that attracted to her anyway. I basically said, "hey the bar is closing, let's go somewhere else to hang out some more". She was like "okay, I'm down, let's go to my place". I waited till we exited the bar and rounded the corner, than I kissed her.

Man, I did the exact same thing not too long ago. Sometimes you just have to man up and hit it.

Should I lower my standards ? - Checkmat - 03-24-2013

I felt like absolute shit doing the walk of shame out of a hotel one morning with a fucking beast. She looked so busted, I felt like the people in the elevator with us were snickering and shaking their heads (they weren't of course but just how it felt). I have never wanted to split from somebody so bad in my life.

Should I lower my standards ? - el mechanico - 03-24-2013

[Image: thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif]

Should I lower my standards ? - Greek kamaki - 03-25-2013

Lower appearance girls can be very compliable.I have one who I use for BJs when I am horny.There is no dating.I just go her home give it for BJ and then I leave.You can save money and time by this.

Should I lower my standards ? - Zebra_Cakes - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 01:15 PM)PrimeTime32 Wrote:  

Pussy has no face is my mantra.

Haha, I concur. A buddy once told me that long ago. Has always stuck with me.

Should I lower my standards ? - soup - 03-25-2013

What does your dick have to say about it?

Should I lower my standards ? - AneroidOcean - 03-25-2013

Lots of guys will tell you to go for it, but I just won't do it. I'm a man who knows what I like and if I don't get it, I'll try again. I've been fortunate to date some pretty damn in-shape pretty girls, so if she's fat or a butterface I'm not doing it.

Guys say that women all look the same bent over, but I suppose I don't know how to avoid looking an ugly woman in her face enough to not fuck them. When I get drunk, I tend to be even pickier because I "know" what drinking does to your standards and I don't want to have that "ahhhhhhhhh" moment.

See attached.

Should I lower my standards ? - Gator - 03-25-2013

It all comes down to the boner test. I will say that when I am in a cold streak, girls that would not have passed the boner test while I was banging on the reg, begin to. So while in most cases you could call it "lowering standards", when you're stuck in a desert, a glass of water looks like an oasis.

But even I have my limits.

Should I lower my standards ? - Parlay44 - 03-25-2013

[Image: CKn1R8t.jpg]

Should I lower my standards ? - Timoteo - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 01:39 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

She only lived literally a one minute walk away from the bar, we did some making out on the couch, I pulled my dick out, got some super passive LMR, then we bounced to the bedroom. I got to say I wasn't really feeling her body, she was pretty frump and had a little ponche, gross right? On the bright side she gave some gnarly head, complied to lick my balls, and was motivated enough to give good enough head that I fucked her a second time. Bitch loved the dick so much, that she even gave me head a 3 time and swallowed the nut on the last one.

...and this is what the chubs, chunks, or whatever you want to call them, do SO WELL. You needed to bust one off, and you found a trooper who was well-skilled and enthusiastic. As long as you don't make a habit of it, this is a solid "W."