Roosh V Forum
LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: LA is harder to get laid than NYC? (/thread-20733.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - thegmanifesto - 02-15-2013

Los Angeles Day Game Reality:

[Image: jessicasimpson-ashleesimpson-ugg-boots1.jpg]

New York City Day Game Reality:

[Image: attachment.jpg547]

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - el mechanico - 02-15-2013

[attachment=10057]

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - Tuthmosis - 02-15-2013

New York From Far:

New York Up Close:

Alright, enough joking around. Back to the original posters question.

Most likely "post bar activity" in Los Angeles because of poor logistics and early last call times:

[Image: 50b62c2b140bb.image.jpg]

Most likely "post bar activity" in New York City because of great logistics and late last call times:

[Image: tumblr_mhowezlYXO1r2mc2eo1_500.jpg]

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - slubu - 02-15-2013

Quote: (02-15-2013 03:48 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-14-2013 12:36 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

This geek makes the case:

I actually really liked the video, it captures what I (and I'm sure a lot of guys here) have felt about this place at various moments. Anyone who's run a good amount of approaches on hotties here will have run into the scenario of "being a nobody" and losing out because of it. Even with game, you'll run into scenarios outlined in the video. These scenarios mostly refer to a stereotypical LA girl, which there are a lot of here, but certainly don't make the entire population of women. You'll find them mostly on the westside in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills. All the references are pretty funny too....Toast, Runyon, St. Nick's (had some great bangs from here when I worked 2 blocks away), Canter's, Rage (pass by this place every day...raging homo central) Casa Vega (worked two blocks from here too, great happy hour)

As Tuth has stated, if you get a feel for a particular neighborhood and demographic, L.A. is suddenly like anywhere else (I think, never really gamed anywhere else). But if you're in either WeHo and BH, and try spitting game on various 8+ girls, this video will seem oddly familiar...

Aside from the exaggeration of never getting laid, that video is very on point. Two quick examples off the top of my head:

1. On Wednesday I went out with a girl for a drink, she would not drink because she was afraid of a DUI and lived 45 fucking minutes away from me in the Valley.

2. I move a lot so I just moved into this apartment with a girl. Her friend comes over and she is a former model, just moved to LA. Long story short, we are hitting it off and the whole group of us goes to an afterparty of some dude's condo in West Hollywood. He is in the "industry" takes a look at the model girl and says "Hey I'm going to a grammy party Saturday night, want to come? You'll need a dress." Poof, she jumped ship and that was the end of that. A girl I knew was into me, a solid looker. Saying it was frustrating would be downplaying it.

NYC is incomparably better. And yes I'm talking about Manhattan. Just as I wouldn't move to LA and live in El Segundo I'm not talking about moving to NY and living outside Manhattan. More girls, more single girls, more girls willing to put up with shit (snow, elevatorless apartments, public transport) meaning less princesses, no logistical issues, no scares of DUIs, and so on.

And I've run the numbers, it's maybe marginally more expensive to live in NYC. No need for a car so roll that into your rent and your about even. Expensive to go out? Some places yes some places no. I spent 75 fucking dollars on 4 drinks in Brentwood last week, and spent $4 on 4 beers at a college bar in East Village this summer. Everything is relative and choice is abundant so it's not hard to take X amount of money and have it take you the same distance in either city. Want to see smoking hot girls in LA? Go to Katsuya for dinner but be prepared to pay $17/drink. You can also go to "insert name" place in NYC and pay the same to be around hot girls.

Another consideration is your personality. Some people do better than others in different places. For me personally, I can't wait to get out of LA.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - Veloce - 02-15-2013

Quote: (02-15-2013 04:07 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Los Angeles Day Game Reality:

[Image: jessicasimpson-ashleesimpson-ugg-boots1.jpg]

New York City Day Game Reality:

[Image: attachment.jpg547]

This one is spot on G.

I was only able to game a couple nights in NY on my recent trip (couple makeouts, no bangs). But I was in the city for 5 days. One thing I noticed was women were more "conventionally" beautiful, and I mean that in a good way. Lipstick, makeup, dresses, skirts, stockings. Women dress like women.

Nothing worse than cruising around L.A. and seeing this bullshit women's "style" of dressing like a fucking homeless person.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - philly22 - 02-15-2013

If you can afford to live in Manhattan it is an amazing city for girls for the following reasons
1) Quality- very good in NYC
2) Quantity- so many people everywhere
3) Ratio- many more women than men in manhattan (on fri/sat night this isn't as noticeable because of all the Long Island, Queens, NJ people coming into the city for the night evens out the ratio at certain places- you should avoid those places)

If you can afford to live in manhattan, you should do it. Hot girls will come into your life simply on mathematics alone

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - babelfish669 - 02-15-2013

I'm loving this thread, lets make sure it stays civil and in good natured fun [Image: smile.gif]

Girls getting lots of attention in NYC

[Image: ZeMyons.jpg]

Girls getting lots of attention in LA

[Image: qx8j0tN.jpg]

Directions to best party tonight in NYC

[Image: fu3ir77.gif]

Directions to best party tonight in LA
[Image: n7kTpxp.gif]

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - speakeasy - 02-15-2013

Quote: (02-15-2013 04:21 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Quote: (02-15-2013 03:48 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-14-2013 12:36 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

This geek makes the case:

I actually really liked the video, it captures what I (and I'm sure a lot of guys here) have felt about this place at various moments. Anyone who's run a good amount of approaches on hotties here will have run into the scenario of "being a nobody" and losing out because of it. Even with game, you'll run into scenarios outlined in the video. These scenarios mostly refer to a stereotypical LA girl, which there are a lot of here, but certainly don't make the entire population of women. You'll find them mostly on the westside in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills. All the references are pretty funny too....Toast, Runyon, St. Nick's (had some great bangs from here when I worked 2 blocks away), Canter's, Rage (pass by this place every day...raging homo central) Casa Vega (worked two blocks from here too, great happy hour)

As Tuth has stated, if you get a feel for a particular neighborhood and demographic, L.A. is suddenly like anywhere else (I think, never really gamed anywhere else). But if you're in either WeHo and BH, and try spitting game on various 8+ girls, this video will seem oddly familiar...

Aside from the exaggeration of never getting laid, that video is very on point. Two quick examples off the top of my head:

1. On Wednesday I went out with a girl for a drink, she would not drink because she was afraid of a DUI and lived 45 fucking minutes away from me in the Valley.

2. I move a lot so I just moved into this apartment with a girl. Her friend comes over and she is a former model, just moved to LA. Long story short, we are hitting it off and the whole group of us goes to an afterparty of some dude's condo in West Hollywood. He is in the "industry" takes a look at the model girl and says "Hey I'm going to a grammy party Saturday night, want to come? You'll need a dress." Poof, she jumped ship and that was the end of that. A girl I knew was into me, a solid looker. Saying it was frustrating would be downplaying it.

NYC is incomparably better. And yes I'm talking about Manhattan. Just as I wouldn't move to LA and live in El Segundo I'm not talking about moving to NY and living outside Manhattan. More girls, more single girls, more girls willing to put up with shit (snow, elevatorless apartments, public transport) meaning less princesses, no logistical issues, no scares of DUIs, and so on.

And I've run the numbers, it's maybe marginally more expensive to live in NYC. No need for a car so roll that into your rent and your about even. Expensive to go out? Some places yes some places no. I spent 75 fucking dollars on 4 drinks in Brentwood last week, and spent $4 on 4 beers at a college bar in East Village this summer. Everything is relative and choice is abundant so it's not hard to take X amount of money and have it take you the same distance in either city. Want to see smoking hot girls in LA? Go to Katsuya for dinner but be prepared to pay $17/drink. You can also go to "insert name" place in NYC and pay the same to be around hot girls.

Another consideration is your personality. Some people do better than others in different places. For me personally, I can't wait to get out of LA.

Great breakdown. When I read this it really becomes clear why the PUA thing was pretty much born in LA(alongside Toronto). Anywhere that RSD-style PUA is huge is a place you know is going to be difficult.

The Day Game Fantasy of Los Angeles:

[Image: 11_5-walking-the-cabbage-at-venice-beach...2006wb.jpg]

[Image: baywatch9122344232.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CA...8242676664]

The Day Game Reality of Los Angeles:

[Image: mexicanmafia.jpg]

[Image: crips.jpg]

[Image: Bloods-gang.jpg]

[Image: Grapestreetshotbu8-1-.png]

Grape Street fool.

[Image: page8_blog_entry110_1.jpg]

[Image: 4741880229_SkinHead_xlarge.jpeg]

[Image: =NLR_member_II.jpg]

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - Basil Ransom - 02-16-2013

Hahahaha, THIS is how you respond to accusations of 'misogyny': http://ktla.com/2013/02/15/creators-of-c...-speak-out

After being accused of 'misogyny' the makers say 'yes, we're misogynists, in fact we hate all women.' The news clip ends with this exchange:
News anchor: "What do you think of this video?"
LA Princess: "this video is flat out stupid."
News anchor: "is it true?"
LA Princess:"In most cases, yes"

[Image: tard.gif]

Edit: I had another post-last call encounter last night, chick seemed very down to fuck. Made out with her pretty quick, she was visiting. But my lay got fucking murdered by logistics - especially the fact that the bar's parking lot closes half an hour before the scene clears out, god damn retarded. If I had more time, I might've worked something out with her and her crew. Instead, I had to worry about being able to get my car back.

I also talked to a couple random guys, cool dudes, they had seen the video, and LOVED it. "It was SO on point." One said this even though he had just been raving about how relaxed LA people are.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - Tuthmosis - 02-16-2013

Quote: (02-16-2013 01:26 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

After being accused of 'misogyny' the makers say 'yes, we're misogynists, in fact we hate all women.'

That's pretty much how I respond to that allegation.

Girl: You're a misogynist.

Tuthmosis: That's right. If I had my druthers you'd all be put in labor camps.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - Tex Pro - 02-16-2013

Hahahaha, THIS is how you respond to accusations of 'misogyny': http://ktla.com/2013/02/15/creators-of-c...-speak-out

After being accused of 'misogyny' the makers say 'yes, we're misogynists, in fact we hate all women.' The news clip ends with this exchange:

[Image: womanhamster.gif]

I am happy this vid is blowing up, even if it is a bit of a hyperbole.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - speakeasy - 02-16-2013

Jesus...there are people that think the video was "offensive"??? I would think even feminists would laugh at it. Overall the interview seemed pretty light-hearted. The video is a caricature of stereotypical Hollywood/Westside LA women, but most stereotypes have a degree of truth to them and such women certainly exist in large numbers though they aren't entirely hard to avoid at the same time.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - Basil Ransom - 02-16-2013

Quote: (02-16-2013 02:34 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Jesus...there are people that think the video was "offensive"??? I would think even feminists would laugh at it. Overall the interview seemed pretty light-hearted. The video is a caricature of stereotypical Hollywood/Westside LA women, but most stereotypes have a degree of truth to them and such women certainly exist in large numbers though they aren't entirely hard to avoid at the same time.

That was nothing - this is a lot worse, from a 'comedienne.' I can't stand these god damn 'alt-comedy' types. They're horrendously nerdy and not funny.

Quote:Quote:

What's worse than not being able to rock it with a hot girl? Having to get busy with a gay dude-looks-like-a-lady. Which is a thing because you know how all gay men will have sex with anything cause they're gay? Because that's how gay people work. You just put a butthole in front of them and they're happy as clams! Gay people are funny cause they're gay and they do gay things! Jokes!

And the music cuts out completely. Just like a record scratch at a party! You know, like when something UNBELIEVABLE happens! Like overweight girls! Whoa! It's funny 'cause they're not rail thin! Who loves chubby girls? No one! Who saw GIRLS this weekend?! Who read Rex Reed's IDENTITY THIEF review? POINT PROVEN! Jokes!

Edit: I just searched Twitter ( https://twitter.com/search?q=%23womenofla&src=typd ), and NONE of the 'top Tweets' I've read so far about the video are critical - they're all admiring - and many of these tweets were from girls. You can always rely on the media to give a voice to an almost non-existent feminist opposition, and make them look way bigger than they are.

More from the makers: http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment...5279000137 [chubby girl trigger warning] - '19th Amendment, overrated.'

"25 is too young to be in a committed relationship" "When you meet that ex years later, your heart races..."

[Image: womanhamster.gif]

That Huffington Post editor is one of the most androgynous and mewling males I have seen. I'm surprised he got past a first date with a girl. I figured he was gay initially, what with 'anal' being in his twitter handle.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - thegmanifesto - 02-17-2013

Best Nightlife Neighborhood in Los Angeles (you have to get on a plane; Las Vegas):

[Image: las-vegas-skyline.jpg]

Best Nightlife Neighborhood in New York City (it's actually in New York City, a two block walk):

[Image: fno-jane-houle-01_022747439935.jpg_carousel_parties.jpg]

Can we get a blue dot/ pink dot on this?

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - Tex Pro - 02-17-2013

Damn, LA got slapped around in this thread like a red-headed stepchild.

I will say one thing I like about LA: the weather.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - speakeasy - 02-17-2013

Quote: (02-17-2013 05:44 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

I will say one thing I like about LA: the weather.

The weather, geography and care-free non-judgmental culture are the 3 best things about this place. The latter is extremely important to me. If you live in middle America, by the time you turn 30 everyone will wonder why you aren't married and what church you go to. Out here you can have any lifestyle you want and most people are pretty non-judgmental. Live with 2 other 35 year old guys in a small apartment while trying to make it as a screenwriter? Want to be a tatted up slacker surfer, you will find a niche of people into that. If you're a cool guy, nobody cares.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - Tuthmosis - 02-17-2013

I'd say New York got it harder, especially since New York gets its head patted and ego stroked by everyone without anyone ever questioning it. It's easy to jump on the New York bandwagon. It's harder to call bullshit on it, and give specific reasons why a lot of what you hear is exaggerated by hype.

It's like having the balls to tell an aging hot broad that she doesn't look as good as she used to when she asks you what you think about her appearance.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - el mechanico - 02-17-2013

Quote: (02-17-2013 07:39 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I'd say New York got it harder, especially since New York gets its head patted and ego stroked by everyone without anyone ever questioning it. It's easy to jump on the New York bandwagon. It's harder to call bullshit on it, and give specific reasons why a lot of what you hear is exaggerated by hype.

It's like having the balls to tell an aging hot broad that she doesn't look as good as she used to when she asks you what you think about her appearance.
For the record I hate both places. NY is very easy though if you talk the talk and walk the walk and I'm not talking about Manhattan. In LA it's impossible for me to talk the talk because I want to kill everyone.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - Aliblahba - 02-17-2013

Two years in SoCal and I was ready to go. Not a bad place. I saw more hot Latinas up 30 blocks of Roosevelt Ave in Jackson Heights in 4 days than my whole time in Cali. Plus you have more countries repped. A Colombian player said Washington Heights put JH to shame b/c of the Brazilians. My head would have exploded.

This sounds crazy, but I like the Northern weather. Season changes are a big deal to me. Snow rocks. Just not all year.

I'd say New York got it harder, especially since New York gets its head patted and ego stroked by everyone without anyone ever questioning it. It's easy to jump on the New York bandwagon.

I actually disagree with you on this.

Los Angeles has a greater (undeserved) world wide reputation in a lot of ways.

I have experimented in other countries saying I was from Los Angeles and NYC and LA always gets better reviews.

It's harder to call bullshit on NYC, and give specific reasons why a lot of what you hear is exaggerated by hype.

Exactly.

This is the entire point of the thread.

Thanks for making it clear.

Los Angeles is way easier to rip to shreds than NYC when you actually know both places.

NYC exceeds the hype.

LA fumbles way short of it.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - Aliblahba - 02-17-2013

The sad part is, Tampa crushes both places in terms of weather, easy poosy and cost of living.

LA is harder to get laid than NYC? - speakeasy - 02-17-2013

Comparing NYC to LA is really just not fair at the fundamental level. The two cities aren't really comparable in any way. That's why I often get tired of this NY vs LA thing. It's like comparing Las Vegas to Boston or something like that. NY can be fairly compared and contrasted against SF or London or Sao Paolo. LA is better contrasted against Miami. So the question shouldn't be NYC vs LA, it should be NYC vs SF or LA vs MIA. MIA is the only other city I can think of that's kind of comparable lifestyle to LA. Both being big sprawling cities with nice weather, beaches, palm trees, Latin culture, shitty public transit and pretentious people.

NY and LA aren't merely in different leagues, they're pretty much in different universes to the point that it's just worthless to try and draw comparisons. Both can be great or terrible depending on what it is you value, what you like to do and your lifestyle. If I want a big house with a backyard and pool/jacuzzi surrounded by Palm trees where I can host BBQ parties all year long and surf on the weekend, it's going to suck to live in NYC. If I like taking public transit everywhere, density and historic architecture I'm going to hate LA(unless you live downtown).

The thing is, LA has the potential to catch up. They are building more rail lines, you are seeing more and more mixed use zoning areas focused on density. I think the things that people don't like about LA will be improved in coming years. There is all kind of exciting developing happening in downtown for over a decade now with much more on the way including what will be the largest skyscraper between Chicago and Asia. Unfortunately I don't see nightlife improving much with the draconian last call times, but not much anyone is going to do to change that.

I've always said that the perfect city would be one that combines NYC's density, public transit, logistics, historic ambience with LA's weather, geography, beaches and laid back lifestyle. For now the only city that comes close is Barcelona. Santiago, Cape Town, Beirut and Tel Aviv may also to some extent.

Quote: (02-17-2013 08:19 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

The sad part is, Tampa crushes both places in terms of weather, easy poosy and cost of living.

Miami does too.