Roosh V Forum
1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: 1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? (/thread-15853.html)

Pages: 1 2

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - freshcream - 09-12-2012

I have read the data sheets, and I continue to do so.

I have done a ton of research, and will continue to do so.

I am currently having a blast in Guatemala City. Will travel down to Leon, Nicaragua in a few days.

I am not going back to europe until june 1.

There's just too many places to see.
And there's too much info on this site [Image: tongue.gif]

Colombia, Brazil and Dominican Rep. is a must see.

Never been to this part of the world before, so really excited.

My spanish skills are quickly improving. Should be near casual conversation levels in a few weeks.

If you had one year here, where would YOU go. And for how long?

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - Roosh - 09-12-2012

If I've never been to South America, but knew of this forum, I would hit second-tier Colombia and Brazil all the way, with a stopover in Peru if I was white with blue eyes. I would explore for six months then go back for another six in the best location and bang my way to heaven.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - bacon - 09-12-2012

if you are living abroad weather and food and also visa laws play a role.

i would live in colombia havent been but im aware they got lot a cute girls. some cities have nice weather but the food isnt good and they have weird visa laws where i would have to enroll in college to stay in the country over 6 mnths

equador and brazil have a strict 6mth visa law so good luck staying there long term

most of latin america has hot girls but 2 countries guatemala and boliva have highest indeginous populations so girls arnt as hot there.

weather does play a role. if you want to live in cancun for example expect to pay for air con. southern argentina and chile expect to pay for heat. but its possible to find cities you like with great weather i live in central mexico and dont need to pay for aircon or heat

http://www.weatherbase.com

should have a rundown on the climate of cities you are interested in living

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - chochemonger1 - 09-12-2012

Quote: (09-12-2012 11:09 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

If I've never been to South America, but knew of this forum, I would hit second-tier Colombia and Brazil all the way, with a stopover in Peru if I was white with blue eyes. I would explore for six months then go back for another six in the best location and bang my way to heaven.

Roosh ? Where did you bang most in your South American trip? For me it has been between Medellin, NE Brazil and Brasilia. Too close to call. Though it is safe bet, that when I go to the Dominican Republic next year it will overwhelm all 3. For a Spanish speaking dude with game, I think that is as close to the Philippines that a country in Latin America can get: a true pussy paradise.
Agreed, 2nd tier Colombia (except Bucaramanga),Brazil and the DR are the hot spots of Latin America.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - Bacchus - 09-12-2012

For second tier Brazil, you definitely need Portuguese. Work on your Spanish now, and get good. Once you're made enough progress, switch to studying Portuguese. Then, when you're ready, stick to the North of Brazil and tap as much bunda as you can.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - 20Nation - 09-12-2012

I think those 3 places are the perfect choices. Spend the rest of your time in those 3 places and you'll maximize your stay. Colombia, DR, Brazil

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - xmlenigma - 10-30-2012

Quote: (09-12-2012 11:09 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (09-12-2012 09:48 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

For second tier Brazil, you definitely need Portuguese. Work on your Spanish now, and get good. Once you're made enough progress, switch to studying Portuguese. Then, when you're ready, stick to the North of Brazil and tap as much bunda as you can.

Which of these places are vegetarian friendly? Thoughts?

If there's enough fresh fruits & veggies that's great - Salads & Smoothies rock.. and if there are some restaurants that are veg friendly, then that's the best.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - Sonsowey - 10-30-2012

I would go to Cali, Colombia.

If you're considering DR, I imagine you're into girls of all races.

Cali has plenty of girls of all races and mixes.

Its weather is phonomenal, dry and sunny and in the 80's. The kind of heat where you feel wonderful but are not sweating. Practically no mosquitos, for instance, a big difference from a coastal city.

The food is much better than other areas of Colombia, lots of seafood, lots of actual flavor in the cooking.

Cali is also a good hub for visiting other places. El Eje cafetero is nearby, with Manizales, Armenia and Pereira, three cities known for having very beautiful sociable girls who're quite friendly.

You can also easily hop down to Ecuador/Peru from there for a bit.

The people are very friendly compared to the rest of Colombia, and I personally prefer the music there. Lots of a salsa, less vallenato, merengue and bachata.

The Petronio Alvarez festival, of traditional music from the pacific, was the single event with the most hot approachable girls I've ever seen. The event is a week long concert series in the city's football stadium, totally free so girls there aren't the rich snobby types. They sell bottles of liquor inside for $5, so very easy to get your party on with chicks you meet.

I just loved it obviously. I lived in Bogota, and visited Medellín, Cartagena, Villavicencio and other small towns. I would reccomend Cali as the best one.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - Rick91 - 10-30-2012

Roosh's plan sounds awesome.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - pitt - 10-30-2012

Quote: (10-30-2012 12:02 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Its weather is phonomenal, dry and sunny and in the 80's. The kind of heat where you feel wonderful but are not sweating. Practically no mosquitos, for instance, a big difference from a coastal city.

The food is much better than other areas of Colombia, lots of seafood, lots of actual flavor in the cooking.

Cali is also a good hub for visiting other places. El Eje cafetero is nearby, with Manizales, Armenia and Pereira, three cities known for having very beautiful sociable girls who're quite friendly.

The people are very friendly compared to the rest of Colombia, and I personally prefer the music there. Lots of a salsa, less vallenato, merengue and bachata.

The Petronio Alvarez festival, of traditional music from the pacific, was the single event with the most hot approachable girls I've ever seen. The event is a week long concert series in the city's football stadium, totally free so girls there aren't the rich snobby types. They sell bottles of liquor inside for $5, so very easy to get your party on with chicks you meet.

I just loved it obviously. I lived in Bogota, and visited Medellín, Cartagena, Villavicencio and other small towns. I would reccomend Cali as the best one.

Thats really good info, i am planning to hit Cali real soon.

Did you find cali chicks to be easy? Have you ever been to DR? How would you compare both places? In terms of better asses, who wins in your opinion?

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - presidentcarter - 10-30-2012

I've heard great things about Cali too. I'm supposed to be going to Medellin for about 9 days in February, but the more I hear about Cali the more I debate.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - WanderingSoul - 10-30-2012

Also interested in Cali.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - freshcream - 10-30-2012

Will be skipping Colombia and Brazil altogether. Crazy?

Will be in DR January-June though... Crazy?

I know, I got travel lazy....

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - LoveBug - 10-30-2012

Take me down to the Panama City, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, take me home

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - scotian - 10-30-2012

I've only ever been to Colombia (4 months) and my favorite place there for women is Cali, favorite place all around would be Medellin, I really like Bogota as well but the weather there sucks and getting around the city is brutal. Not a huge fan of the Caribbean coast but you can't go wrong with Colombia, great place to visit and especially for a longer stay.

Quote: (10-30-2012 01:14 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Quote: (10-30-2012 12:02 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Thats really good info, i am planning to hit Cali real soon.

Did you find cali chicks to be easy? Have you ever been to DR? How would you compare both places? In terms of better asses, who wins in your opinion?

I have never been to the DR, but I have worked in Washington Heights which is predominantly dominican. I have read some DR data sheets and I can make guess comparisons.

For instance, Cali as a city seems much safer, cleaner and better run than Santo Domingo or Santiago. Decent public transport and potable water do a lot to make a city livable. The weather is NOT hot as balls so you're never miserable walking out. For me, walking out to a perfect warm sunny day was wonderful.

If you're only interested in ass, Dominican girls have more black in them so have better asses overall. In Cali there are tons of white or mostly white girls, lots of mestiza white/indigenous girls, lots of straight up black girls, lots of mullatas, the whole spectrum. So if variety is big for you, Cali has it all, if all you want is booty, Cali isn't bad, but I think Dominicanas win.

I can't even begin to estimate percentages for the whole city. At the Petronio Alvarez festival, maybe the majority was black/mullato. In the chipichape mall, maybe 25% were black or mullato, with the rest mestizo/white.

As for girls, I actually struck out because at Petronio Alvarez, I was flooded with choice. I thought I was a mack daddy dancing with the whole bunch of different girls but I forgot to really focus on one. Colombian girls are easily offended by that, they don't like being publicly played, wheras an American girl does...

My fault really, and I was there only for a week. Plenty of people do very well in Cali. Plenty also do well in the DR. I don't think you'll have too much difficulty either place.

MIXX noted that Caleñas really are just easier than Paisas. So I don't see a ton of reason for going to Medellín unless you're just not interested in black/mulata girls at all.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - WanderingSoul - 10-30-2012

Is the accent in Cali the same as in Medellin, or is it hard to understand? I don't have very good Spanish, but would like to go to a city for a few months and learn more. Would Cali be good for that, or is their accent a lot different than other areas?

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - dk902 - 10-30-2012

To get plenty of bangs with cute girls in Colombia you need good Spanish. But the talent is endless.

Bogota is a awesome party city but you really need a car or take a taxi everywhere is the only other alternative.

Argentina is a cool country with some great culture. It has some fine-ass women, but they're not the easiest to get in the sack. Although I found they did love practicing their English!

They're the two I have the most experience of so far, and right now Colombia all the way, I've already been twice and I'm going to keep on going.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - Tully Mars - 10-30-2012

I have been living in Bogota for the past 4 months. I have only been to Cartagena and a few small pueblos outside of Bogota due to a busy work schedule, so I can't completely comment on other cities in Colombia. However, I can tell you for me there is a huge upside to Bogota. It is a city of 9 million plus, with tons going on. Great restraunts, bars, clubs, and shopping. There is an endless supply of gorgeous women from all over Colombia in this city, the weather is not the best, but it's not the worst in my opinion. If you manage to get hooked into a good job, and a solid social circle meeting femine, sexy women is not difficult. The problem becomes more of how to juggle these women around. It is close in comparison to Bangkok for me, traffic is insane, there is a certain energy to the city, street vendors, tons of hot girls dressed sexy as hell, a darkside if you want it, and first rate nightlife. Its a city that I can have options in, and enjoy the best and worst of the 3rd world and 1st world. I plan on being in this city for awhile, as I see this economy and country really starting to take off!!!!

Quote: (10-30-2012 06:38 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Is the accent in Cali the same as in Medellin, or is it hard to understand? I don't have very good Spanish, but would like to go to a city for a few months and learn more. Would Cali be good for that, or is their accent a lot different than other areas?

Definitely don't let an accent dissuade you from an area you'd like. Really, whenever you arrive somewhere, you'll think the accent is insane, and then quickly you'll adjust to the accent.

People from Medellin or Bogota might say that the accent in Cali can be tough, but it's like Americans saying you can't understand Southerners, something like that. It all just depends what your point of reference is.

I lived in Bogotá, so I had adjusted to their accent, and when my friend's family from Cali came, I felt like I could hardly understand them. But it's just a matter of getting used to it.

These guys are representative of some of the music, and accents, you can expect in Cali. Took me a little bit to understand what this beginning dialogue was about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjCATQ3YdrA

Quote: (10-30-2012 07:48 PM)Tully Mars Wrote:  

I have been living in Bogota for the past 4 months. I have only been to Cartagena and a few small pueblos outside of Bogota due to a busy work schedule, so I can't completely comment on other cities in Colombia. However, I can tell you for me there is a huge upside to Bogota. It is a city of 9 million plus, with tons going on. Great restraunts, bars, clubs, and shopping. There is an endless supply of gorgeous women from all over Colombia in this city, the weather is not the best, but it's not the worst in my opinion. If you manage to get hooked into a good job, and a solid social circle meeting femine, sexy women is not difficult. The problem becomes more of how to juggle these women around. It is close in comparison to Bangkok for me, traffic is insane, there is a certain energy to the city, street vendors, tons of hot girls dressed sexy as hell, a darkside if you want it, and first rate nightlife. Its a city that I can have options in, and enjoy the best and worst of the 3rd world and 1st world. I plan on being in this city for awhile, as I see this economy and country really starting to take off!!!!

What kinda good job you get hooked into?

Traffic was such a killer for me there. I had more than 3 hours of commute a day, some days 4. That was just insane and I couldn't keep it up. Really made me appreciate smaller cities.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - chochemonger1 - 10-31-2012

Quote: (10-30-2012 08:26 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Quote: (10-30-2012 07:48 PM)Tully Mars Wrote:  

What kinda good job you get hooked into?

Traffic was such a killer for me there. I had more than 3 hours of commute a day, some days 4. That was just insane and I couldn't keep it up. Really made me appreciate smaller cities.

Totally agree. Logistics, logistics, logistics. That is 50 percent of the game. So Cali and Medellin anytime over Bogota. Im more into banging then having a nice social circle and attending cultural events.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - Vacancier Permanent - 11-01-2012

Gotta love all those Colombia threads as it's really growing on me and want to go there very soon! So Cali is the best place for a first timer with fluent Portunhol? lol

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - Branimir - 11-01-2012

I'd go with Brazil definetly.
All the brazilian people are meet were awesome, warm and outgoing.
Always smiling and passionate.
Not to mention that they have the diversity, you can find everything there.
+ there's a reason why the brazilian ass has its reputation.
My only problem would be the language, but with a bit of exercising I think you can deal with it good.

1 year in Latin America. Where would YOU go? - chochemonger1 - 11-01-2012

Quote: (11-01-2012 12:30 PM)Branimir Wrote:  

I'd go with Brazil definetly.
All the brazilian people are meet were awesome, warm and outgoing.
Always smiling and passionate.
Not to mention that they have the diversity, you can find everything there.
+ there's a reason why the brazilian ass has its reputation.
My only problem would be the language, but with a bit of exercising I think you can deal with it good.

Buyer beware with Brazil. Anyone thinking of going to Brazil now or next year should read the most recent threads and do some further research. It is still solid place to go, but it aint what is used to be.