Roosh V Forum
Going to the gym 2 times a day? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Fitness (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: Going to the gym 2 times a day? (/thread-10174.html)

Pages: 1 2

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - Donald Duck - 02-03-2012

Since I have a lot of free time lately, I might as well spend it in the gym. I currently train 6x a week at 9AM. I figured I can also do the same in the afternoon. Is 5 days a week, 2 times a day overtraining?

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - FretDancer - 02-03-2012

Would probably be better if you go to gym just once and go swimming/other physical activity as second option.

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - MiXX - 02-03-2012

Overtraining your body delays your results big time!

Muscles are not built in the gym by training like a maniac, they are built, polished and get stronger while you sleep and rest, and in your kitchen as you carefully prep your foods.

Key is stimulate your muscles for 1 hour, and then rest them for 48hrs.....that's how you truly get a champions physique!

Adding an alternate physical activity like FretDancer recommended is an incredible idea, especially swimming.

Another thing to keep in mind, women are attracted to men with a good physique that is proportionate to your height. If you look like a raging ball of muscles and you are only 5'5, it's not attractive to women.

Mixx

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - nyc - 02-03-2012

If you're lifting heavy, you probably don't need to workout more than 3-4 times per week (it's counterproductive to do more than that). But you can definitely do cardio/calisthenics-style workouts (which includes swimming, biking, running, etc.) seven days a week.

If you have the time, I recommend cardio every morning, and lifting heavy in the afternoons or evenings a few times a week.

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - WanderingSoul - 02-03-2012

If you are serious about your fitness, then either buy Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, or read StrongLifts.com and follow their program word for word. Don't make changes, don't try to add more days, or split the workouts, just follow the routine.

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - chyamor - 02-03-2012

you can download new p90x2 from torrent

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - Alfonzo - 02-03-2012

I do train 2 time each days . But I will put a warning, I mess up my body at a young age . You really need to have enough rest and like others said it's better to have an activity for your 2nd activities . For my self I do boxing 3 to 4 times a week and the other days I do swimming . 2 times doing weights it's a little too much .

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - JayMillz - 02-03-2012

Quote: (02-03-2012 04:18 PM)Donald Duck Wrote:  

Since I have a lot of free time lately, I might as well spend it in the gym. I currently train 6x a week at 9AM. I figured I can also do the same in the afternoon. Is 5 days a week, 2 times a day overtraining?

Split training is as old as Jack Lalanne (RIP). As others have mentioned, usually cardio or some other activity not lifting twice.

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - Pilgrim37 - 02-03-2012

Quote: (02-03-2012 04:35 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Muscles are not built in the gym by training like a maniac, they are built, polished and get stronger while you sleep and rest, and in your kitchen as you carefully prep your foods.

Key is stimulate your muscles for 1 hour, and then rest them for 48hrs.....that's how you truly get a champions physique!

Adding an alternate physical activity like FretDancer recommended is an incredible idea, especially swimming.

Another thing to keep in mind, women are attracted to men with a good physique that is proportionate to your height. If you look like a raging ball of muscles and you are only 5'5, it's not attractive to women.

Mixx

So true!
Sad too many guys don't realise that.
I've never heard one girl express sexual interest in guys looking like a tanned condom stuffed with walnuts!

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - bengalltigerr - 02-03-2012

Mixx

I agree with what Mixx said. Switch to compound exercises and train 3 days a week.

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - velkrum - 02-03-2012

2 times a day is one of the best ways to develop and incredible physique but most guys don't understand proper programming.
people think compound exercises are the only things worth doing in the gym. No one ever talks about supplemental training or strengthening weak points.

Goin to the gym 2 x day also boosts your metabolism into a raging furnace !

If you were a caveman and you needed to lift shit all day long plus fight and hunt your body is not thinking.."gee you've already done this before..you are overtraining"

Your body adapts to survive.

I'm already doing compound exercises. I am thinking of doing more isolation in the afternoon as opposed to compound in the morning.

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - The_CEO - 02-03-2012

It depends what you're doing.

Are you training for a triathlon? if so, then no, it's not.

If you want to be "normally" fit, and you aren't achieving your goals with 6x a week workouts, something is off

Quote: (02-03-2012 06:11 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

If you want to be "normally" fit, and you aren't achieving your goals with 6x a week workouts, something is off

I am achieving my goals, but since I have extra time, I might as well do something productive instead of sitting behind the PC.

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - The_CEO - 02-03-2012

Quote: (02-03-2012 06:13 PM)Donald Duck Wrote:  

Quote: (02-03-2012 06:11 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

I am achieving my goals, but since I have extra time, I might as well do something productive instead of sitting behind the PC.

If you enjoy the gym that much, then go for it...

There are lots or productive things one can do though, besides hit the weight pile for a second round though, no?

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - Mr.GM - 02-03-2012

Mixx

Mixx is 1000% Right

Thats exactly what I do now and most people will have best results doing this than training everyday.

Read : http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-b...g-program/

use your off days to do cardio or to rest.

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - JayMillz - 02-03-2012

Quote: (02-03-2012 06:02 PM)Donald Duck Wrote:  

I'm already doing compound exercises. I am thinking of doing more isolation in the afternoon as opposed to compound in the morning.

Remember you don't build muscle in the gym, you break it down there. The recuperation period is where the muscle grows stronger so you want to make sure you are feeding the growth and giving the muscle time to grow. The construction crew comes out when you leave the gym.

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - Sammy - 02-04-2012

Quote: (02-03-2012 06:46 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Mixx

Mixx is 1000% Right

Thats exactly what I do now and most people will have best results doing this than training everyday.

I think Mixx is wrong about this.

Check out http://www.chaosandpain.com. It'll change your life.

(The whole blog is worth reading, but here's the guide for the keen to get started:
http://www.chaosandpain.blogspot.com/201...ot-it.html)

(I also just wrote a post about this:
http://rocketfuelformen.wordpress.com/20...rinciples/)

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - Deluge - 02-04-2012

Quote: (02-03-2012 06:46 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Mixx

Mixx is 1000% Right

Stronglifts and Starting Strength are dope, but if you're going to do cardio do it right after you finish with your weights. Your body will need a solid rest day.

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - Spike - 02-04-2012

I already bought the Men's Health book "abs in 6 weeks" four years ago but never used it. I'm using it now since a few weeks and can really see some muscle growth already. Little bellyfat is still there but i need to diet stricter.

3 intensive 30 minute work outs a week is all you need. The book has schedules on diets and what to eat and it has hundreds of pictures of exercises and different circuits.

Great book !

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - Laser - 02-04-2012

Agree with all the above poster about overtraining. If you've got the time and energy to hit the gym 2x per day 6 days a week, why not just lift heavy 3x per week and participate in a sport with your extra time? I am a big fan of training combat sports in addition to weightlifting.

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - Bill - 02-04-2012

In my case it worked. But I had to be carefull in order not to hurt me.

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - Tuthmosis - 02-04-2012

I go to the gym three times an hour.

[Image: attachment.jpg4489]   

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - Spike - 02-04-2012

Quote: (02-04-2012 12:31 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I go to the gym three times an hour.

Apparently he also exercises his ball sack. what a package haha

Going to the gym 2 times a day? - bengalltigerr - 02-04-2012

Roid-raged bodybuilders work out everyday for at least a couple of hours. Sometimes I think what's the worst that can happen if you use steroids?