Roosh V Forum
No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: No-Homo Skin Care Tips (/thread-3781.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Blackwell - 04-22-2015

If in doubt, think natural.

I just wash my face with cold water before bed. I have amazing skin. I haven't had a spot in years.

Diet is key also.

Try and ditch the chemical products as much as you can.

Certain types of moisturising creams and such are ok.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Stun - 04-23-2015

Quote: (03-07-2015 11:18 AM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

And finally, Cera Ve is the single best moisturizing cream out there; it's an incredibly high quality product that you can get at any drugstore, and you don't need anything better than that.

Cera Ve moisturizing cream

Always be slapping that stuff on slightly moist but not outright wet skin -- put some lukewarm water on your skin, then towel off very lightly, then put on the Cera Ve. Thank me later...

Wait, this will work on my face as well or better than high-cost moisturizers like H20Plus and clinique?

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Horus - 04-24-2015

Quote: (01-16-2015 05:17 AM)Horus Wrote:  

And granddad, I know you're looking down at me, slowly shaking your head in disappointment. But just remember that I get more pussy than you could have ever imagined. [Image: banana.gif]

I can assure you that granddaddy is looking down on earth not only in disappointment but in frank despair as he beats his grandfatherly meat salivating from on high over unbelievable and unforgivable blended pussy like this, 2015 pussy that is literally better than it's ever been in the history of the universe (the girl on the right):
[Image: laugh6.gif]
I only read your comment yesterday. While I was having sex last night, I had the most hilariously inappropriate image in my mind of granddad furiously slapping his meat while he was watching me.

If I ever have children and he/she asks "Daddy, where does rain come from?" I will have the perfect answer.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - DickDastardly - 05-13-2015

delete

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - rungoodinc - 05-14-2015

Skin care is where it's at.

I started taking care of my skin 4 years ago (mainly just using face moisturizer every day) and people tell me I look younger now than what they told me back then.

Green smoothie diets make a noticeable impact on your skin after a few days.

Obviously never smoke, but it's amazing how much of a difference not smoking makes. Even just one drag from a cigarette makes my eyebags noticeably worse the next day.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - redbeard - 05-14-2015

Quote: (01-03-2015 03:04 PM)Menace Wrote:  

I've finally started a facial care routine, despite knowing about this 8 page thread. I look quite young even though I'm 40, but I now I want to preserve it. I avoid tanning. I started this based on a post from Good Looking Loser and some skin care products he advocated. That post is here, and I give credit to Chris for bringing this stuff to my attention: http://www.gll-getalife.com/entry/good-l...ly-routine

Products I use now:

1) African Black Soap
2) OZ Naturals Hyaluronic Acid with Vitamin C and Amino Acids
3) OZ Naturals Facial Moisturizer
4) OZ Naturals Eye Gel

All of these products are available on Amazon.

I've become a huge fan of the OZ stuff because I believe it works. You can feel it. It also smells great and appears to be very high quality stuff. Highly rated on Amazon. What I do now is to wash my face with the soap. Dry with towel. Put on the Hyaluronic Acid serum and then the eye gel under the eyes (I have under eye bags problems sadly). After your skin tightens up from the hyaluronic acid (5-10 mins), I use the facial moisturizer.

This stuff is moderately priced, maybe $15-20 for each thing, but you only need to use a little bit of each product. So it lasts a really long time. Do not sleep on the Eye Gel, it's the only thing I have used that visibly reduces under eye swelling and bags.

+1 on the GLL skin care posts. He came out with a new one that is modified:

http://www.gll-getalife.com/entry/what-i...ally-works

I've been using the soap for a while now, but recently bought all the shit for the face mask...it's awesome.

However I'm still early 20's and don't think all the anti aging stuff is necessary at this point. I didnt get the Hyaluronic Acid for that reason. I don't want to look TOO young (hence the beard). Can any young guys chime in on these OZ products?

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Biz - 05-14-2015

http://us.boots.com/product/no7-protect-...0ml-bottle

Is there a difference in the men's line versus the women's line?

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - DickDastardly - 05-14-2015

delete

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Blackwell - 05-14-2015

Looks like I'll be picking up that No7 Serum then.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Chauncey - 05-16-2015

Anybody ever dealt with tinea versicolor? Looks like this.

It is a fungal infection that looks like red splotches (that turn white after getting a tan) on chest/arms/back. Sun and humidity make it worse. I'm headed to Aruba in June and would like to clear it up beforehand. There are prescription lotions available and some people report success using Selsun Blue or coconut oil applied topically and acv internally. I've got Selsun, coco oil, and acv and was planning on doing a combination of all three daily for 3 weeks to hopefully kill this shit.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - N°6 - 05-17-2015

N°6 bought the N°7 serum yesterday. If two members of this forum have seen significant results after one month, I might as well try (it is expensive though).

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Jetlagged - 05-18-2015

Best thing I ever did for my face was stop putting any cleansers on it and wash it with warm water, and then moisturize with non comodgenic mousturizer.

Took like a month before my acne calmed down. I still get breakouts but much less than usual. Stop popping pimples unless it's a whitehead. Stop touching your face.

Just plain old water. I was amazed.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Stun - 07-01-2015

Cera Ve

Sorry TLOZ, this shit sucks. At least as compared to H2O Plus Face Oasis. I tried CeraVe for about a month and a half, and my skin quality went downhill. It may be ok for body skin, but not for the face.

I'm back on the H2O.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - game_ethic - 07-01-2015

Quote: (05-14-2015 06:20 AM)redbeard Wrote:  

I've finally started a facial care routine, despite knowing about this 8 page thread. I look quite young even though I'm 40, but I now I want to preserve it. I avoid tanning. I started this based on a post from Good Looking Loser and some skin care products he advocated. That post is here, and I give credit to Chris for bringing this stuff to my attention: http://www.gll-getalife.com/entry/good-l...ly-routine

Products I use now:

1) African Black Soap
4) OZ Naturals Eye Gel

I've become a huge fan of the OZ stuff because I believe it works. You can feel it. It also smells great and appears to be very high quality stuff. Highly rated on Amazon. What I do now is to wash my face with the soap. Dry with towel. Put on the Hyaluronic Acid serum and then the eye gel under the eyes (I have under eye bags problems sadly). After your skin tightens up from the hyaluronic acid (5-10 mins), I use the facial moisturizer.

This stuff is moderately priced, maybe $15-20 for each thing, but you only need to use a little bit of each product. So it lasts a really long time. Do not sleep on the Eye Gel, it's the only thing I have used that visibly reduces under eye swelling and bags.

I've been using the soap for a while now, but recently bought all the shit for the face mask...it's awesome.

However I'm still early 20's and don't think all the anti aging stuff is necessary at this point. I didnt get the Hyaluronic Acid for that reason. I don't want to look TOO young (hence the beard). Can any young guys chime in on these OZ products?
I've been using OZ Naturals' Vitamin C + Hyaluronic Acid serum for about 4 weeks now and so far it has been a good investment. I don't have any wrinkles (I'm only 22) but I have noticed that my skin is a lot more smoother and my pores are noticeably smaller. Some post-acne scars that I have my chin from when I was younger have faded too, though I can't say if the serum is responsible for that.

And it's never too early to use anti-aging products. I'd rather start now instead of waiting until I'm 30+.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - JesterMaverick - 07-01-2015

Certain ingredients found in my body wash, shampoo and toothpaste were causing persistent acne on parts of my body (i.e. around the mouth form my toothpaste and on my back from shampoo/body wash).

After doing some research and switching up my products, I found the problem to be with the added sulfates - more specifically "Sodium Laureth Sulfate" and "Sodium Lauryl Sulfate." These ingredients are known to clog pores (Source: https://www.beneficialbotanicals.com/fac...ing.html).

I would check if your shit has that stuff in it and find alternative products like I did.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - DCBoss - 07-01-2015

Honestly, I've had excellent results by eliminating all products and simply washing my face with cold water twice per day. I had moderate acne as a teenager that dwindled but persisted into adulthood. I tried everything under the sun in my pursuit for healthy skin, but nothing truly worked for me.

Eliminating all of the chemicals and detergents completely cleared my skin within 6 weeks. I feel like I wasted years / money on stuff that was actually exacerbating the very issue I was trying to solve. I'm in agreement with JM above; there is no way that all of the chemicals found in most acne cleansers / lotions are healthy for you. Your skin has a natural bacteria/oil balance, and anything you do to disrupt this will cause you problems. I will say juicing (beet, carrot, kale, lemon and ginger) every morning has also really helped with regards to skin tone.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - JesterMaverick - 07-01-2015

Quote: (07-01-2015 08:37 PM)DCBoss Wrote:  

I will say juicing (beet, carrot, kale, lemon and ginger) every morning has also really helped with regards to skin tone.

For the skeptics, this shit actually works. Eating high carotenoid foods (hint: Sweet potato is the best) will drastically improve your skin tone. (Source: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...133224.htm)

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Ray Carlton - 07-12-2015

I recently cut down on a lot of skin products, because I did not see any improvement, in contrary, my skin quality disimproved due to the products.

Be aware that I did not use some cheap stuff, I used products from Kiehl for a while and tried products from Asop. Both well known and expensive brands. However, each time I stopped using them after a few weeks, because it did not make my skin clearer.

My new skin care regime is based on water and tea tree oil.

I try to wash my face a few times a day with water for getting rid off all the dirt from the city-living. In the evening I use a soft cleaning lotion and apply tee tree oil with a cotton on my face.

My skin quality improved definitely with this new regime.

What I want to add is this cleaning method (weekly):

Quote: (03-20-2011 10:58 PM)Khaleth Wrote:  

1)Wash your face with hot water to open the pores.
2)Mix all this in a cup. 1 egg white, a tablespoon of brown sugar, a teaspoon of honey, and a table spoon of lemon juice
3)Then rub it all on your face and leave it for 20-30min.
4)Then wash it off with luke warm water and finally run cold water over your face to close all the pores.

Does anybody else have some experience with tea tree oil?

Thanks
Ray

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - OGNorCal707 - 07-12-2015

Quote: (07-12-2015 03:08 AM)Ray Carlton Wrote:  

Thanks
Ray

Tea tree oil is great stuff, but you need to be careful and apply it selectively in my opinion. Tea tree is ideal for people with really oily skin, it strips and pulls a lot of oils off the face, this can be a good or bad thing. If your skin is naturally more dry, then the tea tree oil may do more harm than good.

I'd save the tea tree oil for days that you are sweating a lot or if your skin starts to break out. Personally I only use tea tree oil on my face to treat pimples and skin break out. There's a brand desert essence that makes a tea tree oil wipe that I use for pimples, it's kind of like an all natural version of the stridex pads a lot of us used on our faces to treat acne as teenagers in the 90's.

If your skin isn't that oily, I'd either switch to a tea tree oil face wash as opposed to applying direct tea tree oil, or I'd switch it up and rotate off with another kind of oil like sea buckthorn, tamanu, or avocado oil to give your face more moisture. As far as I'm concerned tea tree oil takes away moisture from your skin.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Huey - 07-12-2015

Quote: (07-12-2015 03:08 AM)Ray Carlton Wrote:  

Thanks
Ray
I've used tea tree oil to successfully combat acne. It's proven to be just as effective as benzoyl peroxide, albeit with fewer irritation and side effects. After I cleanse, I dab a little bit of it on a cotton ball and wipe my face 1-2 times a week. It's recommended that you dilute it with water or another oil when first using it but my skin has become so accustomed to it that I apply it on my face without diluting it.

Huey

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - pialox - 07-19-2015

Been using Boot No. 7 for about 2 weeks now. I've been told I look about 26 by girls.
This Friday was told I look 23 a couple of times.... might be on to something.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Chick Magnet - 07-19-2015

Not sure if anybody's mentioned it yet but...

Raw Honey.

I was blessed with crystal clear skin throughout my teens. But it went to shit (acne and dermatitis)in my early 20s due to stress, alcohol and a horrendous diet.

None of the otc stuff I tried worked, and my derm was useless. Raw honey cleared everything up in about a week. It's been a miracle pill for me.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - Sourcecode - 10-10-2015

Products I use now:

1) African Black Soap
4) OZ Naturals Eye Gel

MY dude, Redbeard told me to pick up some black soap after some good reviews.

I vouch for it..
This shit is pretty great.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - redbeard - 10-10-2015

Quote: (10-10-2015 09:53 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Products I use now:

1) African Black Soap
4) OZ Naturals Eye Gel

MY dude, Redbeard told me to pick up some black soap after some good reviews.

I vouch for it..
This shit is pretty great.

I am still using it. Skin is top notch.

I slowed down for a while after some naked old guys convinced me to join "Team Shower At the Gym." I tried using a soap container but the soap stays wet, and living in the South, it melts some.

I gave up on this and bought Nubian Heritage Body Wash. I use these awesome travel containers that won't break, squirt some on a small towel, and lather up.

The body wash is 99% the same as the soap when you look at the ingredients, plus or minus formulation differences between solid vs. liquid. The liquid is superb but the bar of soap is slightly better in my opinion. The oatmeal flakes are larger and you get more exfoliation rubbing the bar across your body. Either way I cannot recommend this enough.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips - _GQ_ - 10-11-2015

Which brand of black soap are you guys using? How are you applying it? Can black soap replace a facial cleanser?