Roosh V Forum
Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? (/thread-20601.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Elster - 07-18-2016

OKey let me add some more

The entire state of New Jersey:
Just being near the imaginary borders affects and depresses my soul (fun fact: was actually born there!)
The universe's karma will go up by 0.5% when the purifying waves of divine wrath finally submerge this wretched damned place back to the forgotten depths of doom where it belongs

NYC
I understand many of the trie are from,and thrive in this place and there are many facets.
But NYC is just too noisy,too filled with horrifying people,pretentious women,the local accent is something I cannot bear (though to be fair my horrible accent is probably unbereable to them))
The public transport infrastructure seems to date from the fall of the Western Roman Empire,food is shit,and it smells.
God, how does it smells (Coming from a guy who worked in a goat farm)

Castellon de la Plana,Spain:
For a city with so many interesting archaeological remains and festivities (well every town and village have their own festivities in Spain) ,it is rather unkempt and giving this feeling of slowly rotting away

Christiania town in Copenhagen,Denmark:
Glorified mini amsterdam/semi legal weed dispenser for cannabis using tourists.

Kiel,Germany:
Southerners get a lot of flak,but northerns people are flat and kind of oafish.
Kiel,while surrounded by pretty nature is a flat town that exemplifies this concept.
(Dirt cheap points though!)

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Euphoric_Breeze - 07-18-2016

Quote: (07-18-2016 12:04 AM)Space Cowboy Wrote:  

Every place in Morocco. The Sahara desert was the best place on offer. It's just a bunch of fucking sand!
Besides the sahara , which parts have you visited and saw sand ? While the country has 2500 kms of coast from both atlantic ocean and mediterannean sea , I'm eager to discover new sandy areas .

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Cambodian Creamsicle - 07-18-2016

Davao.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Sandstorm - 07-18-2016

Vientiane, Laos

Had to come here to do a visa run from Thailand - from the second I crossed the border these motherfucking Laotians were trying to rip me off.

Every fucking day, every fucker would try it - in Laos, you have three currencies; US dollar, Laos money and Thai Baht - so if you pay in Thai Baht, they will try to short change you by giving you Laos money at a terrible exchange rate assuming you don't know what you are doing. In every shop - buying cigarettes, water, beer, food, whatever.

Laos is like 10x poorer than Thailand yet it's 100x more expensive - how the fuck does that work? Tuk-tuks there are a rip off - taxis are a rip off - they even have scammers right outside the Thai embassy to rip you off by pretending they will "fast track" your application process at the Embassy (Thai embassy knows about it but obviously does nothing or even warns it's customers)

Laos is a muddy shithole run by Communist cunts - I was so fucking glad to cross the border back into Thailand that time - Thailand is so First-World compared to all the shitty countries that border it.

Rant over!

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Chetthebaker - 07-18-2016

Gary, Indiana. Highway entrances were closed off and we pulled into a gas station at 2:00am. Somebody stumbled out of the shop as we were coming in.
The clerk behind the bulletproof glass told us the guy just tried to rob him without a gun.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - rottenapple - 07-18-2016

Some of the entries here sure make me realize I have a very high tolerance to shittyness it seems. Guayaquil, Bogota, Sofia, El Paso... all sound good to me.

As stated before my Nr.1 shithole (as a big city) remains Goma, Congo. Other places I´ve been which qualify...

-Juarez, Mexico
-San Lorenzo, Ecuador (def worse than Guayaquil, would be included in many top murder list if it had more inhabitants)
-Northern Ethiopia (I´d even go as far as to say that the Afar region in Ethiopia is the worst place on earth to live, it´s 40-50 degrees Celcius there constantly, dirt dirt poor, very unsafe (tourists have been murdered), highly islamic, desert). This place made me really question a lot of things. The only reason I think people live there is because they are on such a low level that they have no idea that there is other places in the world that are better, people live in small shackles made of wood sticks, kids play with empty plastic bottles, there is constant hunger, women are not allowed to go outside,...)
-Bujumbura, Burundi (super poor, ugly people, dangerous, politically very unstable, very little to do)

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - RagnarLothbrok - 07-18-2016

Quote: (07-18-2016 08:18 AM)Sandstorm Wrote:  

Vientiane, Laos

Had to come here to do a visa run from Thailand - from the second I crossed the border these motherfucking Laotians were trying to rip me off.

Every fucking day, every fucker would try it - in Laos, you have three currencies; US dollar, Laos money and Thai Baht - so if you pay in Thai Baht, they will try to short change you by giving you Laos money at a terrible exchange rate assuming you don't know what you are doing. In every shop - buying cigarettes, water, beer, food, whatever.

Laos is like 10x poorer than Thailand yet it's 100x more expensive - how the fuck does that work? Tuk-tuks there are a rip off - taxis are a rip off - they even have scammers right outside the Thai embassy to rip you off by pretending they will "fast track" your application process at the Embassy (Thai embassy knows about it but obviously does nothing or even warns it's customers)

Laos is a muddy shithole run by Communist cunts - I was so fucking glad to cross the border back into Thailand that time - Thailand is so First-World compared to all the shitty countries that border it.

Rant over!

I just spent 5 days in Vientiane and have to disagree. Whereas taxis and tuk tuks are a bit expensive (though that is the case in every Southeast Asian country without taximeters), food is dirt cheap there. You can have a meal in a proper, nicely furnished restaurant with AC for 2-3$. I have seen street restaurants with fans and plastic chairs in Bangkok that are more expensive.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - MajorStyles - 07-18-2016

Good thread. Several people have mentioned my personal choices of Haiti and Cairo.

But I will also add Limon, Costa Rica. The city has a drug infestation that has eroded the general security. That was one place where I did not feel safe to leave my hotel at night.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - BrewDog - 07-19-2016

-Port Au Prince, Haiti
-Lagos, Nigeria
-Bogota, Colombia (because I got robbed)
-Kingston, Jamaica (because they wanted to rob me)
-San Salvador, El Salvador
-Tijuana, Mexico (but goddamn, it's fun, ain't it?)
-Port of Spain, Trinidad
-Tegucigalpa, Honduras
-San Pedro Sula, Honduras (great job Honduras! You get two spots.)
-The entire state of New Jersey and their mothers. Fuck you, New Jersey.

And even though I never went to Guayaquil, I agree. Whenever I got a pickpocket, dirty criminal vibe from anyone in Ecuador, they were always from Guayaquil.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Merenguero - 07-19-2016

Quote: (07-19-2016 02:00 AM)BrewDog Wrote:  

-The entire state of New Jersey and their mothers. Fuck you, New Jersey.

Are the millions of people who say that bollocks the same millions of people from landlocked shitholes who flock to our beaches every summer? Serious question.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Dantes - 07-19-2016

Most areas in the Bronx

South Jersey

Philadelphia

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - bumborass - 07-19-2016

hmmm... Afghanistan would take the cake but I feel like it doesn't count for the sake of this thread.

If anyone's ever planning on going to Naples, do NOT stay in Porta Capuana. I feel like the only reason why I wasn't robbed was because I was mistaken for a migrant. I also dress regular as hell, and I'm young.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - BrewDog - 07-19-2016

"Are the millions of people who say that bollocks the same millions of people from landlocked shitholes who flock to our beaches every summer? Serious question."
===========================

I spent a month working in NJ.

I couldn't fuel my own car because it may be too dangerous. A guy with zero education had to pump my gasoline. I'm certain we were all safer from those all too common gas station explosions from fueling your car.

I couldn't smoke on the beach because the outside air in NJ is apparently so goddamn pristine that my Marlboro light may sully it.

I spent many nights at blue collar bars drinking with real Jersey people, and I always asked, "So, do you like it here?" And I never had anyone say yes. They always said, "Not really. But my mom and job are here."

I hung out with a Colombian this year in San Gil, Colombia that lived in NJ for 10 years. I asked him if he missed NJ, and he said, "Fuck no, man! That place is a fucking shithole!"

I'm still waiting to meet anyone from NJ that likes it. Perhaps you're the one.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - GlobalMan - 07-19-2016

For me, for a place to be a genuine "shithole" it must have two elements:

1) Physically and visually displeasing, dilapidated, squalor

2) Depressing and irredeemable vibe, lacking in spirit, negative

NY, NJ, boring midwestern towns, suburbs and similar suggestions- these are not shitholes. These are simply places with elements some may not care for.

A shithole is Colón, Panama. Terrible on all fronts.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Rutting Elephant - 07-19-2016

I live in Indonesia, so I'll just pick the biggest *Western shithole I've ever been to: downtown Naples, Italy.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - El Chinito loco - 07-19-2016

Quote: (07-18-2016 08:18 AM)Sandstorm Wrote:  

Vientiane, Laos

Damn dude you would absolutely HATE most of Vietnam then. I've been all over Laos and it's comparatively tame when it comes to locals ripping people off.

The worst thing in Laos is that i've always felt the local food is low quality and not all that interesting. It's not dissimilar from NE Thai food but everything seemed shitty and low quality. I don't really believe locals in Vientiane are all that poor these days either. When you ride out into the various neighborhoods you see a lot of new houses. I haven't been there since 2012 but I remember the change from 2008--->2012 was astonishing. They built that ugly ass concrete river promenade and ruined the natural vibe though.

I also went to Vang Vieng which is a common backpacker destination but still lots of fun in 2008 before they swept in and started being strict about various activities going on there that made the place fun.

Locals were pretty nice too and it was nice to hop on a motorbike and ride into the village there and just stare at the karst mountains during sunset.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - RagnarLothbrok - 07-19-2016

^I talked to a vietnamese Hostel owner in Vientiane. He said he makes a lot more money in Laos than he would ever be able to make in Vietnam. Even left his wife and kids in Hanoi behind. I was really surprised to hear that.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Pokerbaby - 07-19-2016

i'm not the mostly worldly traveler but for me, easily, Cienfuegos Cuba.

An Absolute shithole. I stayed at a 3 star resort, ex converted Russian Military base as it was the most respectable nearby place to stay.

I stayed in a cabin with a constant stream of lizards, mice and insects walking through the place. The base, it had a swimming pool. But before you can say "luxury", keep in mind this pool was never cleaned. There were floating pieces of plastic cups, straws, broken furniture and other objects. Instead of chlorine they used salt to keep it clean. The food was horrendous. The only thing I found edible was the fruit.

So I went into town often, looking for a semi passable place to eat. I had to go to the bathroom. There was no holding it in. So I found a small cafe with a sign that looked like it had a bathroom. So I went in to take my wicked shit. I reached for toilet paper and there was none there. Luckily a kid working there spoke some English. I asked where the toilet paper was and he said they didn't keep toilet paper because if they did, people would come in and steal it. I was supposed to bring my own toilet paper. So I bribed him 5 CUC, 5 US dollars, which was huge money for him, to go into town and buy me some toilet paper and bring it to me and he did.

Not many cities have washrooms with bring your own toilet paper.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - MdWanderer - 07-19-2016

Quote: (07-19-2016 06:10 AM)Pokerbaby Wrote:  

So I went into town often, looking for a semi passable place to eat. I had to go to the bathroom. There was no holding it in. So I found a small cafe with a sign that looked like it had a bathroom. So I went in to take my wicked shit. I reached for toilet paper and there was none there. Luckily a kid working there spoke some English. I asked where the toilet paper was and he said they didn't keep toilet paper because if they did, people would come in and steal it. I was supposed to bring my own toilet paper. So I bribed him 5 CUC, 5 US dollars, which was huge money for him, to go into town and buy me some toilet paper and bring it to me and he did.

Not many cities have washrooms with bring your own toilet paper.

This happened to me a lot in the Philippines. Even in the public restrooms in large malls there was hardly any toilet paper (didn't help that the food was causing us diarrhea).

Quote: (12-01-2013 09:00 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Really? Ontario? You're disqualified.

I have heard that there are some Indian reservations that are in dire conditions there, so it's not too far fetched (not sure if that was what the guy was referencing). At least in the United States, even the most dangerous hoods and trailer parks have cable, cars, food, running water, sanitation, etc, where in some reservations there are people literally living in third world conditions.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - travolta - 07-21-2016

Quote: (07-19-2016 03:05 AM)BrewDog Wrote:  

"Are the millions of people who say that bollocks the same millions of people from landlocked shitholes who flock to our beaches every summer? Serious question."
===========================

I spent a month working in NJ.

I couldn't fuel my own car because it may be too dangerous. A guy with zero education had to pump my gasoline. I'm certain we were all safer from those all too common gas station explosions from fueling your car.

I couldn't smoke on the beach because the outside air in NJ is apparently so goddamn pristine that my Marlboro light may sully it.

I spent many nights at blue collar bars drinking with real Jersey people, and I always asked, "So, do you like it here?" And I never had anyone say yes. They always said, "Not really. But my mom and job are here."

I hung out with a Colombian this year in San Gil, Colombia that lived in NJ for 10 years. I asked him if he missed NJ, and he said, "Fuck no, man! That place is a fucking shithole!"

I'm still waiting to meet anyone from NJ that likes it. Perhaps you're the one.

I grew up in NJ and I don't like it, but your post is stupid. NJ obviously isn't a shit hole, it's just boring. The beaches are okay, there's nice nature, good food. There are plenty of towns in NJ that you'll never be rich enough to live in, and plenty of hot girls that you'll never have a chance with. I'm not necessarily defending NJ now, but you're just trying to get a reaction with your post.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - BrewDog - 07-21-2016

Quote: (07-21-2016 11:49 AM)travolta Wrote:  

There are plenty of towns in NJ that you'll never be rich enough to live in, and plenty of hot girls that you'll never have a chance with.
Oh, that's one I forgot. A tiny, shitty house in NJ costs $250,000. A $250,000 house in the South is a nice pad with an acre of lawn.

And there are girls all over the world I'll never bed. I'm quite certain there's some nasty ass in Eritrea that wouldn't touch my dick with a ten foot dick. But that's ok. Keep Snooky all to yourself. Oh man, she's sooo hawt! And the epitomy of New Jersey.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - wolfpack - 07-21-2016

djibouti hands down

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Merenguero - 07-21-2016

Quote: (07-21-2016 12:16 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

Quote: (07-21-2016 11:49 AM)travolta Wrote:  

There are plenty of towns in NJ that you'll never be rich enough to live in, and plenty of hot girls that you'll never have a chance with.
Oh, that's one I forgot. A tiny, shitty house in NJ costs $250,000. A $250,000 house in the South is a nice pad with an acre of lawn.

And there are girls all over the world I'll never bed. I'm quite certain there's some nasty ass in Eritrea that wouldn't touch my dick with a ten foot dick. But that's ok. Keep Snooky all to yourself. Oh man, she's sooo hawt! And the epitomy of New Jersey.

What the hell are you talking about? There are many towns in inland parts of South Jersey where you really have to look to find a house over $300,000 and a lot of the houses in the $250,000 to $300,000 range are really nice. I know a Jersey Shore town where you can buy a decent, but not great, house for $250,000 and although it's a few blocks from the beach, you can easily walk to the beach and the bars. Also, Snooki is a shoobie from New York State. Mentioning her just made your post even less credible.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - godzilla - 07-21-2016

À Guy from "colombia" think NJ is à shithole ....lol

And btw in south Jersey you can buy 3000 sq ft new construction home with 1/4 acre for less then 300,000. The property taxes will eat you alive though.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Merenguero - 07-21-2016

Quote: (07-21-2016 02:22 PM)godzilla Wrote:  

À Guy from "colombia" think NJ is à shithole ....lol

And btw in south Jersey you can buy 3000 sq ft new construction home with 1/4 acre for less then 300,000. The property taxes will eat you alive though.

In parts of South Jersey. It's not happening in Haddonfield or Avalon. Brewdog's next post is going to tell us how the waves are in the landlocked part of the deep south where he's from.