Roosh V Forum
The Asian Guy Travel Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Asian Guy Travel Thread (/thread-2750.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - El Chinito loco - 02-16-2016

Quote: (02-16-2016 03:39 AM)Vice Wrote:  

Quote: (02-15-2016 09:32 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Better bodies, way slimmer on average, better skin, and usually better personalities. A big difference is also that the attractiveness window for most western whites or latinas is very short. That wall is already looming large for most at 25...which is crazy.

Better personalities? Nah, I'll take the personality of a white European (not American) girl over an Asian chick any day of the week.

Your second point regarding the 'attractiveness window' doesn't even matter unless you're looking for a chick to wife up or for a really long-term LTR. How many people in this thread have been with the same chick for the last 5+ years?

I was talking mostly about my experiences growing up and dating U.S. specific western U.S. whites and latinas. Most europeans can be categorized separately and under the "foreign dating abroad" category. I should have probably specified that i'm comparing the anglosphere with the east.

There are white girls in western europe that are better than the ghetto grade girls found in the anglosphere. Eastern Europe by all accounts is on another level entirely and at least keep the patriarchial traditions similar to asia alive and well. They also walk and don't have a diet that consists entirely of butter, cream, carbs, starchy crap, cronuts, and craft beers. I've been meaning to go to the most popular parts of EE for years now and I have the ability to do so but the motivation is honestly lacking plus various business issues have kept me in asia. I think i'm going for sure this year though.

Overall though I still prefer asian girls. Even when randomly fucking around on tinder in SEA there's a variety of white girls that pop up from all over the world. Almost zero can compete on any level. They just simply look way older than their stated age, more beat, fatter, and have stupider profiles. It's really interesting. It's like watching someone from the Special Olympics try to outrun Usain Bolt.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - Brosemite - 02-16-2016

^^ This thread isn't about calling people out for their preferences because we as individual men deserve to have our own.

This is about providing info to others which will help us get closer to whatever we feel will bring more value into our lives....whether in our current locations or abroad.

Quote: (02-15-2016 06:42 PM)Chengiz88 Wrote:  

Saturday - Kapital - Recommended to me by the american girls I met on friday night. This is a huge club with a decent dancefloor and different music for whatever your taste is. Tried to open plenty of sets but got blown out which hit my confidence. Got chatting to a Czech girl and got her a few drinks until she then dropped the boyfriend bomb when i started feeling her up. I refused to relent and kept pushing on only for her friends to come in and rescue her/cockblock me. I was pretty tired from the drinking on friday night so called it a night having blown out totally.

All in all would really recommend Madrid for cultural/historic reason as I had lots to see and do during the day time. But nightlife wise I personally would prefer an EE city.

Next stop in a few months is Lithuania, will drop my post here.

Kapital is a fun place..though I went on a Wednesday which yielded less people but better ratios. I remember seeing a longer line Thursday (didn't enter) with much more dudes. I was able to pull a gal into a taxi from Kapital with heavy foreplay, but she didn't go up to my apartment.

Madrid is a great city, but I do remember seeing less hot girls my second time around late 2012 compared to late 2010 likely due to the recession & women moving away for work.

By the way, will be your biggest fan in Lithuania. Knock em dead, and do let us know how it goes.

Quote: (02-16-2016 12:13 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

There are white girls in western europe that are better than the ghetto grade girls found in the anglosphere. Eastern Europe by all accounts is on another level entirely and at least keep the patriarchial traditions similar to asia alive and well. They also walk and don't have a diet that consists entirely of butter, cream, carbs, starchy crap, cronuts, and craft beers.

Bigger US Cities now like Dallas are growing, but we're starting to see less sex drive in social settings. Things like "ugly sweater parties" with people drinking egg nog, an increase in craft breweries open to the public, and these dumb 8 week kickball leagues perpetuate asexuality...not to mention poor fitness levels as well.

Quote: (02-15-2016 06:42 PM)Chengiz88 Wrote:  

Overall though I still prefer asian girls. Even when randomly fucking around on tinder in SEA there's a variety of white girls that pop up from all over the world. Almost zero can compete on any level. They just simply look way older than their stated age, more beat, fatter, and have stupider profiles. It's really interesting. It's like watching someone from the Special Olympics try to outrun Usain Bolt.

Haha priceless analogy. [Image: lightbulb.gif]

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - El Chinito loco - 02-17-2016

Quote: (02-16-2016 01:22 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

^^ This thread isn't about calling people out for their preferences because we as individual men deserve to have our own.

This is about providing info to others which will help us get closer to whatever we feel will bring more value into our lives....whether in our current locations or abroad.

Absolutely agreed. I think the only part of preferences that men should self reflect on is when it's a sign of some deeper issue or insecurity. I think pedestalization of any ethnicity, especially when it's not your own is a reflection of emotional and inner confidence problems. Women do this type of stuff way more than men but when guys do it it also has similar implications.

A guy can certainly have his preferences for blondes with big tits because that's what really floats his boat at the end of the day but if he only goes after a very narrow ideal then that's probably evidence of deeper personality issues. Especially if even physical attraction is secondary.. for example a minority guy choosing a 5 because she's white over a 7 who's some other ethnicity.

An extreme example of that is that one asian guy who posted in the asia travel thread that was basically calling everyone losers for dating abroad and not dating white American women.

I'm not talking about anyone in particular in this thread though. I think most guys on here really aren't like that at all.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - jayko - 02-17-2016

@ El Chinito loco
Thanks for sharing your experience with all other races, some people go for hotness, others go for exotic factors. It is individual preferences, to me, white chicks beat Asian chicks hands down in the look department, I m not saying that is all matter, but that is the biggest factor to consider in the first place. The next consideration is character. If both match, is game time, else no go. I do agree that white chick doesn't age gracefully compare to Asian, probably due to gene and diet, but we ain't talking about wife material here, so that is not so much a concern. I guess marriage is not for everyone. No?
If a 9 Asian chick compare to a 8 or 7 white chick, I would still go white. Just personal choice.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - El Chinito loco - 02-17-2016

Quote: (02-17-2016 11:27 AM)jayko Wrote:  

If a 9 Asian chick compare to a 8 or 7 white chick, I would still go white. Just personal choice.

Quite honestly i'd do some introspective self analysis as to why you feel this way.

Even though I have no particular attraction to black girls if a fine black woman walked into my world at that moment and presented herself i'd definitely bang the shit out of that over less attractive white or asian girl options.

This isn't an "all races are equal" or insipid "racism" lecture but a real self analysis as to why you prefer certain ethnicities over others and what that means to you as a man.

If you overwhelmingly favor one ethnicity over another even when the physical attraction scale makes no sense then there's probably a deeper issue there for you to root out.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - jayko - 02-17-2016

Quote: (02-17-2016 12:02 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Quote: (02-17-2016 11:27 AM)jayko Wrote:  

Quite honestly i'd do some introspective self analysis as to why you feel this way.

Even though I have no particular attraction to black girls if a fine black woman walked into my world at that moment and presented herself i'd definitely bang the shit out of that over less attractive white or asian girl options.

This isn't an "all races are equal" or insipid "racism" lecture but a real self analysis as to why you prefer certain ethnicities over others and what that means to you as a man.

If you overwhelmingly favor one ethnicity over another even when the physical attraction scale makes no sense then there's probably a deeper issue there for you to root out.

I get what you mean by the psycho analysis that you mentioned at another post, give the same scenario, not necessary two men will share the same thinking, you can bang a chick as long as long she fits your hotness benchmark or perhaps hotness over power exotic? the time banging a hot chick is also the time you lose to bang an exotic chick, see the opportunity cost ?

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - Brosemite - 02-17-2016

^^ Part in bold = HAHA - humorous.

Count me in as one guy who prefers certain ethnicities over others....will elaborate later on.

With all due respect, I think this is overanalyzing things a bit.
-Opposites really DO attract in many cases.
-People from similar roots DO attract in many other cases as well

There's a lot more to people gravitating towards each other than just a single "mental ranking system of appearances" based on numerical value.

Variables ranging from A) Vibe, B) Novelty (Differences), and C) Comfort in Familiarity can affect this decision-making process.

Case Examples of This ^^^:
1) My New York Korean Friend Who Preferred What Was Similar
-Was a big college socialite in the right Ivy League circles. Dated White and chicks of other Asian ethnicities.
- Can have any girl he wants of any ethnicity..but after college..preferred to ONLY date Korean women only out of ethnic pride.
- He'd take a Korean 6-7 over a 8-10 chick outside his ethnicity.
- Had a long-time Korean ex-girlfriend that mooched off him, filled his life with drama, and was not that attractive. This guy was totally enamored with him.
- Next Korean girlfriend was gorgeous, made great money off of Wall Street, better personality, had great fake tits, helped him pay for shit, and not to mention once again....fucking hot.
- He dumped her after a few months indicating he was still in love with his not as attractive ex.
- End of day would take a 6-7 Korean over an 8-9 of other ethnicities.

2) Examples of Opposites Attracting in Brazil & Latin America
- I've had the pleasure of meeting some hot White European chicks that dated Brazilians...more often than not..they dated more of the Mulatto guys..some of these guys were more good looking than others...others..not so much..but hey these chicks dated them out of "opposites attracting."
- Girl in my language institution from Anglosphere..but of Ukrainian descent...only liked darker skin Brazilian dudes opposed to lighter skin ones.
- Girls from the Northeast Brazil (Heavy Indigenous/African influence) in my city of Dallas went for white guys. Even the light skin Northeast Brazilian chicks in Dallas went for the trucker white guys because they were mainly exposed to darker skin dudes in their home cities.
- Some of these guys were rich & good looking with ability to go after whatever chick they desired...yet settled with some of these Northeast Brazilian looking chicks that were not that hot.
- A fellow wing in Dallas of mine's (White guy)....who's fit & well-groomed is one of those that would take a Latina 6-7 over a White 7-9. Old RVF Member WestCoast possessed the same preferences as well.
- The suave French & German guys in Brazil...typically went after more of the Mulatta type gals as well.
- Girls from South Brazil (Heavier European descent) in Dallas typically dated ok looking darker skin Latin guys or Middle Eastern/Persian type guys. It's what they were not exposed to back home.

3) My Personal Preferences
- If I had choice of 6-7 Polish girl over 7-9 South Slavic gal (Croatian, Serbian, Slovenian), I'd go with the Polish one because I tend to gel with them better (& faster) on a social and intimate level.
- Though many people complain about Argentine women on this forum, I'd choose a 6-7 Argentine over a 7-9 Hungarian gal based on my higher interest level in the prior. not to mention the fact that I do not dig the vibe of Hungarian chicks.
- Growing up mainly around my Vietnamese relatives in Texas where I had an older sister, 4 aunts on my mom's side, and the majority of my cousin's being female...last thing I desired was to have a Viet girlfriend...(burnout of their personality types)
- My cousins that dated/married outside of their Vietnamese ethnicity had more successful relationships ranging from White, Hispanic, and South Asian than those within Vietnamese circles that typically failed
- By the way, there are a lot of people that marry within their Vietnamese ethnicity ending up "happily ever after." The failures are typically affected by close Viet friends & relatives that are way too overbearing & heavily vested in the relationship.
- I'd therefore take a take a Taiwanese, Korean, or Japanese girl couple points below what over a higher point Vietnamese breed (which we see frequently more of as these chicks are getting it together in Texas) based on my experiences.
- The one time I actually tried to bang a Vietnamese chick in Dallas...she spent that whole night on the date secretly texting my other Asian friend to meet up later (he revealed that to me) lol.

I think Jayko just finds the type of white women he's been exposed to as more exotic on average than dating within his race...& there's nothing wrong with that...just like how some males get a bigger thrill dating within their own race...nothing wrong with that too.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - jayko - 02-18-2016

@Brosemite,

You sum that up pretty neatly and have all the stuffs covered.
My thinking is that, if you go for the same race, sharing similar culture, life is relatively easier, but things get challenging when you game outside of your own culture enclave, and the rewards is not something that can be offered if you game within the culture circle. It basically means, they are variety of people, some prefer to game within their comfort zone, easy peasy lifestyle, why work your arse off if the meal is readily for available? While other will have opposite thinking, and keen on risk taking and reap the rewards if successfully executed. Given any scenario, we would get people both from opposite ends of the spectrum for sure.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - Brosemite - 02-18-2016

Quote: (02-18-2016 01:49 AM)jayko Wrote:  

@Brosemite,

You sum that up pretty neatly and have all the stuffs covered.
My thinking is that, if you go for the same race, sharing similar culture, life is relatively easier, but things get challenging when you game outside of your own culture enclave, and the rewards is not something that can be offered if you game within the culture circle. It basically means, they are variety of people, some prefer to game within their comfort zone, easy peasy lifestyle, why work your arse off if the meal is readily for available? While other will have opposite thinking, and keen on risk taking and reap the rewards if successfully executed. Given any scenario, we would get people both from opposite ends of the spectrum for sure.

I get what you mean about the "challenges" of gaming in a different culture...I totally understand..I would know..living in South America myself right now..speaking Spanish and Portuguese to beauties down here...creating strong friendships outside of game with people that don't even speak English...and it feels so incredibly fun because it goes agains the script of what SHOULD be happening to an American of Asian descent like myself. This whole notion of "going against the rules" & "breaking the law" absolutely drives me...

There are some hardcore successful Chinese entrepreneurs making bank opening shops in Paraguay....there's quite a few...but not to the extent of say..moving to Vancouver or the 626 (San Gabriel Valley outside of LA) where they have a greater support system of their own culture.

It takes a lot of courage for these guys to make it in Paraguay...and guess what..they're being rewarded greatly not just in financial terms but on a personal level as being forced to communicate with & flourish outside of their previous comfortable Chinese circles has made them more well-rounded confident people in ALL types of social situations.

As book smart and accomplished as many of these Chinese are on the West Coast of North America, many have great difficulty interacting with ethnicities outside of their own...which in a sense kind of defeats the purpose of living in the continent, yeah?

However, I also wanted to add:
1) Some Asian guys honestly get that same "rush" out of gaming chicks within their own culture opposed to doing it because it "feels safe." Mad props to them for choosing what they perceive will garner max rewards in their lives.

2) It's definitely a challenge for Asian guys to game Asian chicks of different ethnicities...especially as an outsider when these gals have been exposed to so many damn foreigners out there hearing the same stuff..over..and over again. Much tougher if they're involved with tight social circles that can spread rumors and ruin their reputation with close ones & family.

So yeah..just putting that out there..

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - Wuking - 02-18-2016

To be honest, I find dating/banging inter-racially in America to be easy. However, you need to break away from the typical Asian stereotype - passive, nerdy, soft, skinny, serious, and so forth. Personally, I stay away from Asian girls as they act stuck up against their own male kind, especially the Americanized ones.

Side note, I am in Medellin right now and am let down by the talent. I was under the impression there would be 10s walking around every corner, however the talent still trumps US. If you are into girls with curvy figures, slim waist and nice ass, this is the place to be. All girls here are receptive and friendly when opened, and a number closed is almost automatic.

For guys considering traveling to Colombia, knowing Spanish is a MUST else you be limited to gringos hunters, "pros", retails and waitresses.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - Lateapex - 02-18-2016

Well I just so happen to be a half Asian half Latino that could pass as Filipino or Mexican that speaks fluent Spanish so Colombia may be getting a visit from me this year!!!

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - worldtraveler3 - 02-18-2016

Asian stereotype - passive, nerdy, soft, skinny, serious, and so forth.
ThESE are the traits Asian work places teach you and what people expect Asians to do.

If you are not like that, u are viewed as someone who breaks the rules or the rebellious ones and that's not good for the company.

Think about it: nerdy means u are smart, good at technical things. Also putting thr glasses on might show u are working hard and dependable.
Seriousness ? Same thing. Who wants a non serious guy at wok?
Skinny? Ya working too hard and too much will cause you that. You can say you arr skinny because you are always busy working.
Passiveness? Ya if you are too aggressive in putting your opinion forward that might not be well received. Do what you are told is what you should do.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - El Chinito loco - 02-18-2016

Quote: (02-17-2016 10:34 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

^^ Part in bold = HAHA - humorous.

Count me in as one guy who prefers certain ethnicities over others....will elaborate later on.

Good points guys, I think we're splitting hairs though. Didn't mean to derail this into a big debate about preferences.

So..to get back to the topic a bit. Any of you guys successfully rock the Toshiro Mifune samurai look before? I think this looks real good with facial hair cleaned up a bit and suited up. I can grow a pretty nice non patchy beard and have been looking for an excuse to do that with a top knot.

This is what i'm talking about..I don't see many asian guys with this style in SEA.

[Image: DQ62O4e.jpg]

[Image: YHC1aOB.jpg]

Mifune looks a little like asian Ernest Hemingway here.

[Image: wwgPo73.jpg]

This Tadanobu Asano look with light facial hair is what I can pull off at the moment. He doesn't have the top knot though.

Have a feeling the Mifune look might go down like warm dog shit here in SE Asia but would probably work well in NE asia, europe, or latin america.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - WalterBlack - 02-18-2016

Quote: (02-15-2016 12:57 AM)elimanning Wrote:  

Speaking as a Chinese American from California, its just an off handed comment, I believe Brosemite opinion was to call them out (Which is true). He's entitle to give his analysis, on his Asian brother.

I have to agree my Chinese brothers in California are really obsess with video games and attending a UC school. They spend very little time chasing pussy. Most of them just want a high status job.

Besides, its not really there fault, the Chinese Americans in California didn't really have many role models to learn from and more importantly imitate.

I was pretty pathetic in college, clueless to feminism and its retroactive effect on the dating game.

These Chinese Americans are ill prepare for the competitive level in California. The only place more competitive is Washington DC.

Here’s a comment I made about Los Angeles Chinese guys a while ago:

Quote:Quote:

I’m in Los Angeles and there’s a LOT of Asian guys who never venture outside their Asian bubble. I work with an ABC guy who was born and raised in Arcadia, which is east of LA and very heavily Chinese area – he said his school was 50% Chinese people, so his friends were all Chinese.

He then went to UC Irvine for college – he said his social circle was a bit more mixed - Korean, Japanese as well as Chinese! He’s married to a Chinese woman.

I did grad school in the US, and nearly all of the Asian guys stuck together there too.

How are guys like that gonna be able to socialise with non-Asians, let alone bang non-Asian women?

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - JWLZG - 02-18-2016

Quote: (02-18-2016 08:10 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

So..to get back to the topic a bit. Any of you guys successfully rock the Toshiro Mifune samurai look before? I think this looks real good with facial hair cleaned up a bit and suited up. I can grow a pretty nice non patchy beard and have been looking for an excuse to do that with a top knot.

This is what i'm talking about..I don't see many asian guys with this style in SEA.

[Image: DQ62O4e.jpg]

[Image: YHC1aOB.jpg]

Mifune looks a little like asian Ernest Hemingway here.

[Image: wwgPo73.jpg]

This Tadanobu Asano look with light facial hair is what I can pull off at the moment. He doesn't have the top knot though.

Have a feeling the Mifune look might go down like warm dog shit here in SE Asia but would probably work well in NE asia, europe, or latin america.

I've thought of that and I'm about to grow my hair long enough to give it a shot. It's spread like the plague in Australia over the past year, mostly a white boy thing. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (02-18-2016 08:30 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

I’m in Los Angeles and there’s a LOT of Asian guys who never venture outside their Asian bubble. I work with an ABC guy who was born and raised in Arcadia, which is east of LA and very heavily Chinese area – he said his school was 50% Chinese people, so his friends were all Chinese.

He then went to UC Irvine for college – he said his social circle was a bit more mixed - Korean, Japanese as well as Chinese! He’s married to a Chinese woman.

I did grad school in the US, and nearly all of the Asian guys stuck together there too.

[Image: laugh5.gif]
[Image: laugh6.gif]

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - Wuking - 02-19-2016

Funny thing just happened. Made plan with a girl to meet up at 7pm the day before. Assuming she was going to flake (Colombianas are notorious for flaking) as she was unresponsive via text, I decided to eat at a restaurant. Just as I finished ordering a large order of ribs, she texted at 6:55 pm "Si estoy aqui. Donde esta?". Not the best choice for a date, but made it happened.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - El Chinito loco - 02-19-2016

Quote: (02-18-2016 11:54 PM)JWLZG Wrote:  

I've thought of that and I'm about to grow my hair long enough to give it a shot. It's spread like the plague in Australia over the past year, mostly a white boy thing. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Yes unfortunately some hipsters have glommed on to it kind of like the backpacker dreadlock craze. But this is one hairstyle that's pretty classic and authentic for asian guys. White dudes with dreadlocks didn't kill the dreadlock style for black guys.

I'm thinking how I can grow my hair longer without looking like a tool first. My hair is pretty thick and grows fast.

I think I may have to do a combover style for a bit and wait for it to get long enough for a top knot.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - Gas - 02-19-2016

Quote: (02-19-2016 12:45 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

I'm thinking how I can grow my hair longer without looking like a tool first. My hair is pretty thick and grows fast.

I think I may have to do a combover style for a bit and wait for it to get long enough for a top knot.

Go crazy, make the most of it. You're lucky. My hair is receding which is doubly shitty for an Asian guy. Part of our identity is having a thick head of spiky black hair!

Just gota shave it and rock it though.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - Brosemite - 02-19-2016

Is it me or is the "Asian Guy Travel Thread" transforming into the full-fledged "RVF Asian Guy Lounge?"

Keep it up. I like it...

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - Gas - 02-19-2016

Quote: (02-19-2016 06:44 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

Is it me or is the "Asian Guy Travel Thread" transforming into the full-fledged "RVF Asian Guy Lounge?"

Keep it up. I like it...

Yeah and it's overdue. Asian players need a place like this. We're playing a slightly different game.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - betterasianbrother - 02-19-2016

Quote: (02-19-2016 12:45 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

I just came out of the top knot (with sides shaved). You can rock the combover for a little while before it reaches the awkward Asian length where it is too long to stay put for the whole day (it starts falling down to the sides, etc) yet still not long enough to be tied up. This period lasted about half a month to a month for me, and I just wore a snapback cap for this period of time. I can tell you though the top knot with facial hair is definitely worth at least one try in your lifetime. I felt like a killer when looking into the mirror, and definitely gave off the sexed-up dangerous vibe (scored a couple of ONS, and I've rarely gotten ONS). Girls kept on telling me I'm a drug dealer and guys kept on telling me I'm Yakuza.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - Brosemite - 02-19-2016

Quote: (02-18-2016 02:19 PM)Wuking Wrote:  

To be honest, I find dating/banging inter-racially in America to be easy. However, you need to break away from the typical Asian stereotype - passive, nerdy, soft, skinny, serious, and so forth. Personally, I stay away from Asian girls as they act stuck up against their own male kind, especially the Americanized ones.

Even a lot of Asian Americans open to dating Asian guys wait on the approval of their own friends & want to know more about who your friends are, etc etc. It's a pain in the ass.

I will however say that New York City is one of those places where random Asian chicks would give me IOIs at regular nightlife settings. It's more anything goes there where many people move into the city without pre-existing social circles, etc.

Besides, its not really there fault, the Chinese Americans in California didn't really have many role models to learn from and more importantly imitate.

Are Asians underrepresented in mainstream media? I think so. I however do not see how this directly correlates with Asian men in social situations because learning how to evolve as a result of those additional influences takes much more dedication, time, and trial/error.

For example, the lack of role models in mainstream media is something that alpha Viet guys in Texas...are aware of..but do not obsess about because they're pro-actively busy trying to utilize whatever influences they have around them in chasing their goals whether socially or academically...with success.

I get what you're saying, but looking at Hollywood & mainstream media as the only source of role models is the wrong mentality to have. A topic that's best reserved for another time, haha

Quote: (02-18-2016 08:30 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

How are guys like that gonna be able to socialise with non-Asians, let alone bang non-Asian women?

I don't think there is anything wrong with being stuck in that bubble. However..times change..as do personalities & sexual preferences that arise with more exposure to the outside world...what if somebody becomes attracted to women outside his race..& doesn't know how to react? That's why I'm an advocate of branching out & becoming acclimated with all types of social situations.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - swuglyfe - 02-19-2016

Quote: (02-19-2016 06:53 PM)Gas Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2016 06:44 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

Keep it up. I like it...

Yeah and it's overdue. Asian players need a place like this. We're playing a slightly different game.

+1. It's good to start regularly sharing and digesting specialized information that really applies only to a particular subset of people. Previously, I'd been getting that from the Asian Masculinity subreddit, but it's taken a long, slow turn away from gaming and towards political advocacy, etc.

Also, Tinder spoofed to the Phils today and got 92 matches in 24 hours. [Image: tard.gif]
This same profile, which everyone I've consulted is locked down to the 9s, got me maybe 2 matches in a week in DC.

Re: media, I think we are desperately underrepresented in the media, and absolutely deliberately so. Case in point, our Asian brother and alpha par-excellence Godfrey Gao gets cast as Magnus Bane in Mortal Instruments, in which his character is SPECIFICALLY described as Southeast Asian in the books.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BARmwdKpYuA/...godfreygao

Fans are incensed that he was chosen instead of white as bread Adam Lambert.

http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/mo...-backlash/

Tangentially related note, current long term project is facial hair. It's probably gonna take me four months to get what some other races get in four days, but I've already gotten comments from chicks on it. Because it's so rare among Asians, it's natural peacocking.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - HOD - 02-20-2016

Quote: (02-19-2016 08:27 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

For example, the lack of role models in mainstream media is something that alpha Viet guys in Texas...are aware of..but do not obsess about because they're pro-actively busy trying to utilize whatever influences they have around them in chasing their goals whether socially or academically...with success.

I get what you're saying, but looking at Hollywood & mainstream media as the only source of role models is the wrong mentality to have. A topic that's best reserved for another time, haha

What I meant to say was; our personal family members and immediate Asian community fail to educate us, not the media.

For example, it is well known in the Hispanic community, that Hispanic mothers would teach there son the nature of female psychology at an early age, which gives Latino brothers a leg up on feminism.

In addition, I had a great opportunity, to befriend and learn game from African/Caribbean Americans specifically from the Bahamas in NYC. They are well known to be great players in New York City. Where they specifically emphasize comfort game. They educated me on the importance and value of comfort game. It is well known in there culture and social circle, to be educated on game by there Uncles, older brothers, cousins and fathers.

We as Asian American men, specifically on the West Coast had very few mentors in our family to provide guidance on the dealing of American Women. We were basically given chop sticks and was left out on an island to face Feminism/Liberalism with very few mentors.

It took me a long and painful journey to reach a certain level of success. I was lucky to be train in MMA for 10 years by professional fighters. That was my saving grace. At least these professional fighters taught me the nature of masculinity.

The Asian Guy Travel Thread - Brosemite - 02-20-2016

Quote: (02-20-2016 12:31 AM)elimanning Wrote:  

What I meant to say was; our personal family members and immediate Asian community fail to educate us, not the media.

We as Asian American men, specifically on the West Coast had very few mentors in our family to provide guidance on the dealing of American Women. We were basically given chop sticks and was left out on an island to face Feminism/Liberalism with very few mentors.

Makes all the more sense now that you have re-scripted the text. When you're stressing that your kids just make good grades and keep in touch with their Asian roots, it fails to emphasize the development of other qualities such as strong communication skills in the A) social, B) professional, and C) believe it or not academic world as well.

This can be a problem in say New York City area for people of Chinese descent being raised in these tight ethnic enclaves with little exposure to external situations. Despite the in your face racism & brashness of certain East coast folks, I still think it's easier for Asians to crack different circles out there. Just takes some initiative as the effort goes a lot farther out there than it does in Cali.

Growing up half Chinese/Viet, my father being from Taiwan used to troll Vietnamese culture & mom's side of the family constantly. He has most recently taken notice of how many Vietnamese Americans learned to develop leadership skills in those facets of life listed above whereas most Chinese Americans only "know how to study." - (Exact words he used).

So it's not just guidance on dating in the West that's been lacking but in the other aspects of life mentioned above...