Roosh V Forum
The Ukraine Thread III - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Ukraine Thread III (/thread-37535.html)

The Ukraine Thread III - WannaBang - 07-04-2016

Hey guys!

I am considering doing a comprehensive Russian course (5x4 hours a week kind of thing) in Kiev for around 3 months ideally finishing before the bitterly cold winter arrives. Can anyone recommend any good courses that perhaps combine accommodation (studio apartment only in decent location amenable to day-game)? Alternatively, if there is a less intense course (but decent quality) I would teach English part-time...

The Ukraine Thread III - Buakaw - 07-05-2016

I searched in this thread but couldn't find any gym recommendations. Does someone know of a good gym around Maidan/Khreschatyk St/Arena City?

Cheers

The Ukraine Thread III - Cr33pin - 07-05-2016

Body Art is the official RVF gainz lair

The Ukraine Thread III - Cambodian Creamsicle - 07-05-2016

Body Art is on the steep side. $50 a month if memory serves.

Interfit by Olympiska is best bang for your buck. 700 gr per month.

The Ukraine Thread III - Cambodian Creamsicle - 07-05-2016

Checked out Dali Park on the weekend. Like most clubs in Kiev, thought it was shit for pick up. The whole place is tables, so if you're rolling dolo or with a bud you're forced to the outskirts chilling at the bar. The bar gets really hectic so eventually that gets annoying. The dance floor is filled with girls dancing by themselves, staring at themselves in mirrors, not a place I saw even a single approach. There isn't the get drunk and bump and grind thing like in North America.

You'll see some super hot girls (saw a girl I banged from beach daygame) but personally I'll stick to Tinder and daygame for pickup.

The Ukraine Thread III - Roosh - 07-05-2016

Quote: (07-03-2016 02:59 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Quote: (07-03-2016 02:51 PM)luckskywalker Wrote:  

How it is the university scenario in Ukraine? Would you guys considere finishing college there?

I'm considering finishing life here

How long have you been in Ukraine total?

The Ukraine Thread III - BangBoy123 - 07-05-2016

Quote: (07-05-2016 09:05 AM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

Checked out Dali Park on the weekend. Like most clubs in Kiev, thought it was shit for pick up. The whole place is tables, so if you're rolling dolo or with a bud you're forced to the outskirts chilling at the bar. The bar gets really hectic so eventually that gets annoying. The dance floor is filled with girls dancing by themselves, staring at themselves in mirrors, not a place I saw even a single approach. There isn't the get drunk and bump and grind thing like in North America.

You'll see some super hot girls (saw a girl I banged from beach daygame) but personally I'll stick to Tinder and daygame for pickup.

Cannot argue with that

Yes a lot of Fancy clubs in Kiev and Ukraine have a lot of tables. That's why I like Dlux, it's a fancy place but lots of places to stand.

There must be some cheap, ghetto student clubs in Kiev where the poorer girls go....

The Ukraine Thread III - rishboy77 - 07-05-2016

Quote: (07-05-2016 02:24 PM)BangBoy123 Wrote:  

Quote: (07-05-2016 09:05 AM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

Cannot argue with that

Yes a lot of Fancy clubs in Kiev and Ukraine have a lot of tables. That's why I like Dlux, it's a fancy place but lots of places to stand.

There must be some cheap, ghetto student clubs in Kiev where the poorer girls go....

Have you checked out the bowling alleys as we know Ukrainians love to bowl ?
A few girls told me about some bowling places that play music on Friday & Saturday nights and it becomes a little party.

The Ukraine Thread III - Cr33pin - 07-05-2016

Quote: (07-05-2016 11:36 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

How it is the university scenario in Ukraine? Would you guys considere finishing college there?

A little over two months thus far

The Ukraine Thread III - worldwidetraveler - 07-05-2016

Quote: (07-05-2016 05:50 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Ah, you are in the honeymoon stage.

I spent roughly two years total and found it to be a grind towards the half way mark.

Part of it was dealing with the bureaucracy of staying there (bribes).

Even eating out seemed like a chore if you wanted decent service.

I found it best to take travel breaks out of the country to recharge.

It's still a place that makes you want to come back even after all that crap.

The Ukraine Thread III - jimukr104 - 07-05-2016

^^
LOL... better to ask what they have before looking at the menu.

The Ukraine Thread III - worldwidetraveler - 07-05-2016

Quote: (07-05-2016 06:45 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

^^
LOL... better to ask what they have before looking at the menu.

I wish it were that simple. I can't tell you how many times half our dinner party was served while the other half was waiting and watching.

I was happy to get a beer while there was still food on the table. lol

The Ukraine Thread III - Cr33pin - 07-06-2016

Quote: (07-05-2016 05:59 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

I spent roughly two years total and found it to be a grind towards the half way mark.

I agree I am certainly still in the honeymoon phase. An honestly I'm not big on cold weather so I'll probably make like a bird and fly south for the winter.
Also I still feel like I should check out Poland and Russia... but I lost a lot of the interest I had in visiting any other countries in this part of the word.

I understand your points and I think recharging and getting a fresh perspective from venturing out is a great idea....

But you could have conveyed you point better by mentioning more draw backs then bribes and shitty food service [Image: icon_lol.gif]
I find the food and eating out here to be wonderful, but I was in Asia for the past 8 months before coming here.

No matter how a great a country is your going to have to put up with some inconveniences.... and if food at a restaurant not being brought out at the same time is the worst the Ukraine has then..... I think I can over look that flaw [Image: biggrin.gif]

The Ukraine Thread III - worldwidetraveler - 07-06-2016

Quote: (07-06-2016 04:55 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I agree I am certainly still in the honeymoon phase. An honestly I'm not big on cold weather so I'll probably make like a bird and fly south for the winter.
Also I still feel like I should check out Poland and Russia... but I lost a lot of the interest I had in visiting any other countries in this part of the word.

I understand your points and I think recharging and getting a fresh perspective from venturing out is a great idea....

But you could have conveyed you point better by mentioning more draw backs then bribes and shitty food service [Image: icon_lol.gif]
I find the food and eating out here to be wonderful, but I was in Asia for the past 8 months before coming here.

No matter how a great a country is your going to have to put up with some inconveniences.... and if food at a restaurant not being brought out at the same time is the worst the Ukraine has then..... I think I can over look that flaw [Image: biggrin.gif]

For food service I had better luck in Kiev. I already knew Ukraine wasn't known for it's hospitality sector before arriving.

I didn't want to list a ton of stuff to put anyone off. I still think about going back myself so it couldn't be all bad.

Maybe it was just me spending too much time in one place that made me irritable. haha

Enjoy it until you don't enjoy it. If you're happy and content there is no need to leave. Poland and Russia will be there when you get the itch for something new.

The Ukraine Thread III - BangBoy123 - 07-06-2016

What bribes do you mean? The only bribes you might have to pay if you are not doing business is small stuff like bribing traffic police.

Yes sometimes going to a restaurant ends up being a waste of valuable time. Best thing is to get a girl or pay a Babushka to cook for you, you end up eating properly and no time waiting for lazy ass waiters etc.

Travel breaks are very important, being location independent is not something to be wasted.

Keep life simple in Ukraine

Limit visits to the restaurants
Get the landlord to pay the bills for apartment
Avoid public transport as much as possible.
Get someone to go to the supermarket for you
Get them to cook while they're at it

Bad manners from the locals are unavoidable though, I have started assimilating by pushing old ladies on the tram, shoulder barging guys and just keep walking, I haven't yet started blowing the contents of my nose on the pavement, but anything is possible with time

Quote: (07-06-2016 11:16 AM)BangBoy123 Wrote:  

What bribes do you mean? The only bribes you might have to pay if you are not doing business is small stuff like bribing traffic police.

I was on a tourist visa like most of you chaps. My girl, at the time, knew someone who knew someone that would extend my visa for a bribe. I kept extending it that way for around 4 - 5 times until the person said they couldn't do it anymore.

It wasn't so much the bribes. It was the pain of having to find the office to get my passport stamped. The first time around it took me over a week just to submit my passport. When I finally found the office, I had to go back the next day because they only accepted walk ins on specific days within specific hours. lol That was typical when doing any type of business there.

You can waste a lot of time waiting in lines trying to get stuff done there.

I only got nabbed by the cops once, but it was a doozy and cost me a lot of money. I looked Russian enough and no one bothered me for the most part.

I was ready for a vacation, after the last stamp, anyway so headed out of country for 4 months and returned for another 4. The break was good for me. I still ended up paying 100us when I left because I overstayed a month.

Quote:Quote:

Yes sometimes going to a restaurant ends up being a waste of valuable time. Best thing is to get a girl or pay a Babushka to cook for you, you end up eating properly and no time waiting for lazy ass waiters etc.

Great idea. My girl did most of the cooking at the time. If I go back I will definitely do it your way.

Quote:Quote:

Bad manners from the locals are unavoidable though, I have started assimilating by pushing old ladies on the tram, shoulder barging guys and just keep walking, I haven't yet started blowing the contents of my nose on the pavement, but anything is possible with time

Hilarious. I guess I sort of started getting acclimated myself. I didn't push over any old ladies but a few had it coming. haha

I didn't mind the buses and trolleys so much. It was a pain in the ass in winter with everyone packed in like sardines and many coughing.

The Ukraine Thread III - Cambodian Creamsicle - 07-06-2016

$100 US for overstaying a month? I paid 850 gr for overstaying 2 months.

Bangbus, how do you arrange this babushka to cook for you? I'm sick of eating at restaurants but hate cooking so sounds like a great idea. Is there a website? Do you give her set things to cook or let her serve what she suggests?

The Ukraine Thread III - Barron - 07-06-2016

Quote: (07-06-2016 04:55 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I've been here just shy a year now, including staying through the winter, and this "honeymoon phase" has yet to wear off.

Kiev has the girls I like, plain and simple. As long as that need is met I doubt I'll be leaving anytime soon.
Let the honeymoon phase continue!

Quote: (07-06-2016 01:09 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

Damn, that is pretty cheap. Did you leave through the Kiev airport? That is where I got nabbed and thought the 100us was pretty standard. Back then I had a pretty shitty exchange rate compared to now. I was under the impression they had the fees pegged to around 100 usd but maybe gave up when their currency went into the shitter..

I had some time to kill before the flight and tried to bluff my way out of it. They weren't going to let me get on my flight so closer to boarding I threw them the money (that I claimed to not have) and made the flight.

The immigration girl helping me was pretty hot. She wanted to help me out but her boss wasn't having any of it. I'd rather spend time with her than sitting on a plan anyway. haha

The Ukraine Thread III - BangBoy123 - 07-06-2016

Quote: (07-06-2016 01:09 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

Bangbus, how do you arrange this babushka to cook for you? I'm sick of eating at restaurants but hate cooking so sounds like a great idea. Is there a website? Do you give her set things to cook or let her serve what she suggests?

Yes the website is http://www.babushkabid.com.ua [Image: wink.gif]

There are websites like Olx where they advertise their services. I give her the money to go to the market for food, then I pay her by the hour for her culinary skills. I bought her an Italian cookbook a while, she now makes a mean pasta bake

$100 is way too much, I think the price has gone up to 900 UAH now

The Ukraine Thread III - Sosa - 07-08-2016

Headed to the Muse concert today with a beautiful girl and 2 of her girlfriends!!. Must say that Concert and Music/Food Festival game here in Kyiv is underrated. Concert's are pricey - but the festivals are more than reasonable and a great way to meet people, network, and have a great time. You're literally walking around semi-drunk, having fun, and casually striking up conversations. There's at least 10 more going on during the summer here. I recommend you lads take advantage.

Here's a website that gives me a heads up on some of the festivals:

http://news.kievapts.com/

The Ukraine Thread III - Cambodian Creamsicle - 07-08-2016

Chatted up this hot 21 year old yesterday on the street and she, like a lot of girls in Ukraine, was dropping the red pill truths. She told me she had a boyfriend so I replied with, "you're so young, this should be a time for you to have fun and adventure" to gauge where she was at on the slut spectrum. She responded by saying, basically, that it's ok for men to sleep around but it's not good for women. She said women should get married at an early age.

You would never hear a Canadian girl saying something like this. Shows how the women here are raised in a masculine society that teaches the virtues of old and how that's reflected in their femininity.

The Ukraine Thread III - BangBoy123 - 07-09-2016

Yes cheating by men is widely tolerated by Ukrainian wives as long as he is a "good husband" which of course translates into him providing a home and food on the table.

Can't blame the men here, they like many of us are spoiled for choice in the land of milk and honeys. The lifestyle of choice is to marry a Ukrainian woman who they actually like, then fuck a load of young sluts on the side.

The Ukraine Thread III - Cambodian Creamsicle - 07-09-2016

Yeah, that's true. I was seeing this tight 20 year old last summer. After I left she started banging this 35 year old married with a kid on the way sculpture. Again, that would be pretty rare in the West but seems common here.

The Ukraine Thread III - Vronski - 07-09-2016

Ok, too much time on my hands this evening ...Zaporojie, short data (seems to be the first one here), been there many times since three years, but last time was last summer, and just for a week, therefore to be updated :

- Getting There:

Zapo is a city of about 800 000, but they have just a crappy little airport with almost no activity. Even Ukrainian Airways has stopped its flights to Zp (nonetheless there's some flights to Turkey). So you have either to fligh to Kiev and then take a train ( "Intercity" fast train takes about 7 hours), either to fligh to Dnipropetrovsk (flights via Kiev, Moscow and Vienna) and then take train or taxi (80 km) to Zapo. Zaporojie is definitely still off the beaten tracks.

- Getting Around

You'll probably spend all your time in the center. Lenina prospekt (now Soborniy)is the main avenue, and in fact is one of the longest avenue in Europe, with some 24 kms. The real center stretches on about 2 or 3 km, from the Intourist hotel to Shevshenko Park. Everything is at, at most, two blocks from Lenina, so it's very easy to navigate. Depending on the situation, you may be able to walk pretty much everywhere (except to go to Banana - see below "nighlife")

- Accommodation

You can easily find centrally located aparts for about 4/500 €/month or 25/30 €/day on Airbnb. Focus closely on location. Ideally, get a place near the Ukraine mall on Lenina prospect, best is around Stalivarov Ulitsa (many nice cafes with terraces), as you'll probably spend a lot of time in the vicinity. I have contact of a woman who manages a dozen of apartments there, in case someone is interested.

- Eating

Surprisingly, there is many good eating options in Zapo. I'd recommend:

* Fish Cafe (on Lenina): One of the most trendy cafe/restaurant in town, lot of good fish dishes, very nice outdoor terrace. Expensive by Zapo standarts. Great for dates. I dined there at least three times a week.

* Rozmarin (Shevshenko av): My headquarter, very enjoyable summer terrace. Chic, good italian food.

* Fiesta (next to Rozmarin): Huge summer terrace (with DJs from 5pm) on the Shevshenko park, most often packed in the evening. Decent food, best place for pre-dinner game.

* Nair (far from the center): A chic Armenian venue, in a stylish two storeys building with courtwards, terraces, hidden corners, ect. Good food, and enjoyable decor.

* Aristokrat (on Lenina): A pretentious place that looks like a roman temple, but open 24 hours and "in" with party-goers. Huge summer terrace, DJ, good food.

* Pinta (Lenina): Also a nice terrace, one of the best ukrainian restaurant in town - good saussages and soups.

* Jolly Rogers : On the river, huge summer restaurant with an immense terrace, very nice, gorgeous views on the river and on Khortitsya island. Great to have a romantic quiet late lunch or diner with your GF. There is maybe a dozen of restaurants with terraces on the Dniepr by the way, but Roger is definitely the most enjoyable. There is sometimes live music at night, then the place becomes very busy - lot of girls.

- Night Venues

In Zapo, no P4P and sleazy sex-tourists - except Turks and your occasional "Italianos". There is nonetheless a club - Banana - that the locals call "our little Kiev" and this is where sluts congregate. Drinks are a steal (vodka bottle costs 25 €, Corona 3 €), no charge for tables. Efficient table service, good atmosphere, everyone drinks a lot, but the guys are not aggressive and I've never wittnessed a brawl, but I've been involved in a (light) fight outside with gopniki who couldn't go in. By the way RVF member Lika said it is one of his fav club in Ukraine.

Many videos of Banana on youtube:

Other clubs:

* Caroussel (near the Ukraine mall): an upscale venue, but quite nice, with good live music. All tables, so difficult to open. Ratio w/m about 3/1 (no cheating). Classy women, 25-30 years old. Been also involved in a fight there with Chenchen guys (I'm a quite sanguine person after vodka lol), broke a chair on the head of one of those bearded dicksuckers - I was with a RVF member.

* Crown Bar (Intourist hotel): the "in" club of Zapo for 18/22. Shitty techno music, too loud, but of pretty girls dressed to kill.

* Orbita (didn't visit)

* Mixx (on Lenina) : big club, well-known spot to pick-up late-teens girls.

* Kapitalist (same block as Mixx) : upscale and "in" place, club and bowling under one roof, filled with classy women in their mid/late 20s.

* Music Hall (didn't visit)

- Impressions

You have to like the "frontier" destinations to enjoy a place like Zapo. Dnipro or Kharkov, per exemple, seem more "civilized". Zapo has a "old style FSU" atmosphere. Personally, I like it a lot. It's one of the greenest city in Ukraine BTW. Also the White God Factor works in Zapo (as in Dnipro for that matter) much more than anywhere else I've been in Ukraine. I think anyone with a decent look, moderate game, a decent wardrobe, and at least two weeks there could be quite successful. It's also culturally more interesting than most other East Ukraine cities - Zaporojie region, and especially Khortitsya Island, was the largest Cossack "sich" (republic) of the russian empire - don't miss the Museum of History of the Zaporozhzhya Cossacks on the Island.

At least two well-repped members have spent time in Zp, so they might have other feelings or tips about the place.