Roosh V Forum
The Colombia Master Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Colombia Master Thread (/thread-54358.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

The Colombia Master Thread - Sidney Crosby - 01-24-2019

The Colombianas will be happy when they leave, guys say that they are turning tricks for 30K and driving the price was down.

The Colombia Master Thread - Swordfish1010 - 01-25-2019

Quote: (01-19-2019 06:41 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

https://thecitypaperbogota.com/news/mill...rism/21384

Millions expected to march in Colombia in defiance of terrorism

Heightened security measures are in place in all Colombian cities after the ELN detonated a car bomb, Thursday, inside the country’s main police academy in Bogotá killing 21 and leaving 64 injured, including the terrorist, a 57-year-old explosives expert and long-time militant of the National Liberation Army.

The deaths of 20 police cadets who were enrolled in the Escuela de Cadetes General Santander has shocked and outraged Colombians with candlelight vigils taking place outside police stations. In a call for unity as the nation comes to terms with a tragedy orchestrated by the country’s last remaining guerrilla, President Iván Duque and Bogotá’s mayor Enrique Peñalosa are asking Colombians to take to the streets Sunday in mass demonstrations to show solidarity with the families of the victims and denounce terrorism.

In a televised address to his compatriots Friday evening, while facing his first major national security crisis since taking office in August 2018, President Duque energetically asserted that over the last 23 years the ELN has kidnapped 5,682 citizens, which translates into 247 every year, or two people every three days. The president also remarked that ELN was responsible for “eco-suicide” with attacks against the state’s oil and gas pipelines.

“The list of terrorist attacks, kidnappings and crimes is well known to all Colombians,” he noted, recalling “the vile attack” on the pipeline in Machuca, Antioquia, that claimed the lives of 78 Colombians, 20 years ago. “The ELN has shown the undeniable thread that guides them, none other than contempt for life.”

The President also confirmed the end of any possibility of peace talks resuming with the criminal organization, which during the 17 months of talks with the government of Juan Manuel Santos perpetrated “400 terrorist actions in 13 departments, leaving 339 victims and more than 100 dead.”

In a defiant remark directed at the countries that have offered safe haven to ELN’s leadership, Duque asked Cuba to hand over the 10 peace negotiators known to be living on the communist island. He also warned that Colombia would hold the Venezuelan government of Nicolás Maduro “accountable” for protecting terrorists.

The decision to reactivate Interpol’s Red Alert arrest orders against the ELN’s commanders has received support from the international community, affirmed Duque.

As Colombians mourn the deaths of those who were killed in Thursday’s car bomb, governments around the world have also shown solidarity with the country.

Sunday’s mass demonstrations are scheduled to begin at 9:00 am with millions expected to march for peace.

This is unfortunate. Reminds me of the Narcos Netflix show.

The Colombia Master Thread - Imperfect - 01-25-2019

Parceros!

New here but been in the game for awhile now. I'm just chilling before my flight to Cartagena in a couple hours and came across this thread. This'll be my third time in Colombia. I'm planning on hanging around the north coast (Barranquilla (Carnival), Santa Marta, Tayrona, etc) for the next couple months, although since Parque Tayrona in closed until February 28th I might take a flight to some other places, maybe visit some friends in Medellin.

I'm just coming off a sort of monk mode for the last 6 months, been working hard at work and in the gym, so my game is a little rusty. Still pulled a few times in the hand full of times I did go out in Toronto. My Spanish is decent, not even close to fluent but I can have a good conversation if the music isn't too loud.

Anyways, if anyone is around the north coast in the next couple months, let's meet up and find some good times, help me get away from the gringo tourists!

(Just made this account so won't be able to respond to PMs for a week)

The Colombia Master Thread - Buffas - 01-25-2019

Can someone recommend a good coastal town to stay in?

I'll be in Colombia from 6 March to 2 April with a friend and we have to get some work done too. So a smaller town near the sea would be nice. Cheap and decent infrastructure. It'll be a combination of work, beaches, drinking and chatting up girls.

The Colombia Master Thread - scotian - 01-25-2019

Quote: (01-25-2019 02:48 PM)Buffas Wrote:  

Can someone recommend a good coastal town to stay in?

I'll be in Colombia from 6 March to 2 April with a friend and we have to get some work done too. So a smaller town near the sea would be nice. Cheap and decent infrastructure. It'll be a combination of work, beaches, drinking and chatting up girls.

Santa Marta

The Colombia Master Thread - lonewolf1992 - 01-25-2019

Quote: (01-23-2019 09:02 PM)LowerCaseG Wrote:  

Are "grilla" and "guisa" interchangeable? All the Colombians I know use guisa. I have only heard grilla in this thread.

Guisa and Grilla are the same. Low class and tacky, can be also used for a girl who seems to be a cheap slut. Guisa is the word used in bogota and the rest of the country, and Grilla is the PAISA expression haha.

The Colombia Master Thread - Imperfect - 01-26-2019

Hey guys,

I'm in Cartagena, I'm going to go out tonight, can someone recommend some good places to go party?
I'm down for anything but I prefer non-salsa bars, that play rock, reggaeton or whatever. Also would like to go somewhere out of the old city with less tourists if possible.

The Colombia Master Thread - Sidney Crosby - 01-27-2019

You guys should watch "Wild District" or "Distrito Salvaje" on Netflix.

It was a good series and apparently pretty realistic. If you've seen Narcos you will recognize a few Colombian actors and the lezzer cop is the niece of Thalia.

The Colombia Master Thread - NoMoreTO - 01-27-2019

^^ I second this. Great series.

The only other Spanish Language content I have found on Netflix that I liked more was Casa de Papel or Money Heist (Spain).

The Colombia Master Thread - dfw1 - 01-27-2019

I am in Armenia. Staying in an airbnb in the north part (Laureles) Been here 3 days after taking care of some things, I finally got around to doing some day gaming this weekend. By the way, I was married for 16 years and I got divorced 3 months ago, so this all new to me. Decided to buy a ticket and visit the coffee region. I speak decent spanish which helps me and have no return ticket at this time. Just winging it.

I walked around Armenia yesterday and today up and down the main street that goes through town. Many people walking around and saw some pretty chicas. One thing for sure is that the girls here are not making eye contact, at least not with me. I'm 6ft tall, height weight proportionate, green eyes and bald head. But I own it as I have been lifting weights trying to look better.

Certainly noticing a lack of IOI's. I did strike up a conversation with a few chicas asking some general questions to get a convo going and warm them up. But I notice that they do not ask anything about me, while its obvious I am a gringo and you would think they'd be curious about something like why in the hell am I in a 2nd tier city in a 3rd world county! But nope.

So after a few approaches and no results, I went to the mall to get some coffee and recharge myself. The girl who was working the coffee kiosk was alone and cute. I striked up a convo with her and I told her about the girls here being formal and not really wanting to talk to me and whats with their being so formal act? I was really curious to know. She said the girls here usually only talk to people who are their friends or in their social circles. They really wont talk to outsiders. She even said that its worse in other parts of Colombia, but I forgot what cities she mentioned.

I will say that I still feel proud of myself for cold approaching and trying to talk to people. I would never do this in the USA, but I feel comfortable doing it here and will continue. No damaged ego, just a better man for trying. This has been my experience so far.

Will try out cashier or sales girl game since a lot of them work in stores around here that are pretty. I saw a thread about cashier game on this form and will look at that tonight.

Now I will try online game and see how that goes...

(if your wondering why I am in Armenia of all places, it's because I got a cheap ticket on Spirit Airlines and since it is a tier 2 or 3 city not sure which, thought it would be a good place to start)

The Colombia Master Thread - lonewolf1992 - 01-27-2019

Quote: (01-27-2019 08:24 PM)dfw1 Wrote:  

I walked around Armenia yesterday and today up and down the main street that goes through town. Many people walking around and saw some pretty chicas. One thing for sure is that the girls here are not making eye contact, at least not with me. I'm 6ft tall, height weight proportionate, green eyes and bald head. But I own it as I have been lifting weights trying to look better.

Certainly noticing a lack of IOI's. I did strike up a conversation with a few chicas asking some general questions to get a convo going and warm them up. But I notice that they do not ask anything about me, while its obvious I am a gringo and you would think they'd be curious about something like why in the hell am I in a 2nd tier city in a 3rd world county! But nope.

So after a few approaches and no results, I went to the mall to get some coffee and recharge myself. The girl who was working the coffee kiosk was alone and cute. I striked up a convo with her and I told her about the girls here being formal and not really wanting to talk to me and whats with their being so formal act? I was really curious to know. She said the girls here usually only talk to people who are their friends or in their social circles. They really wont talk to outsiders. She even said that its worse in other parts of Colombia, but I forgot what cities she mentioned.

I will say that I still feel proud of myself for cold approaching and trying to talk to people. I would never do this in the USA, but I feel comfortable doing it here and will continue. No damaged ego, just a better man for trying. This has been my experience so far.

Will try out cashier or sales girl game since a lot of them work in stores around here that are pretty. I saw a thread about cashier game on this form and will look at that tonight.

Now I will try online game and see how that goes...

(if your wondering why I am in Armenia of all places, it's because I got a cheap ticket on Spirit Airlines and since it is a tier 2 or 3 city not sure which, thought it would be a good place to start)

Hi man, remember The coffee zone and Antioquia is part of the 'Paisa' Culture. Kind of Conservative, catholic, Very proud and usually not very fond of foreign cultures.That includes other cultures in Colombia. Also, remember social circle game is King in Colombia. I bet you could get more results in online game as there are always curious girls who are into foreigners. Though I find it weird you are not getting IOIs in Armenia I think is mostly just to the vibe in there. Remember also that if you are approaching very young chicas from 18-25 they are getting lots of attention already due to the tinder/instagram/social media virus so they are not as easily impressed like say 5/10 years ago.

Lastly, even though I'm 6ft and a decently looking local I hardly get any IOIs on the streets or public transportation, yet when you put me in a social circle like a GT conversation group, classroom, working enviroment, I usually get some cute girls to like me and know that I'm that guy from their job/class/city. I need to work out as soon as possible cause I know I have the potential to kill it and get this part of my life figured out at last.

Keep up the good work, girls here love masculine men I assure you that. Once you get the hang of it you'll remember the old saying 'el riesgo es que te quieras quedar' Have a good one.

The Colombia Master Thread - scotian - 01-27-2019

Armenia is the biggest shit hole in Colombia and should only be visited to change buses or take a dump while en route to Salento. Do yourself a favour and take a bus to Pereira or Cali and thank me later.

The Colombia Master Thread - BallsDeep - 01-27-2019

Quote: (01-27-2019 04:05 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

It was a good series and apparently pretty realistic. If you've seen Narcos you will recognize a few Colombian actors and the lezzer cop is the niece of Thalia.

Is it in English and Spanish like Narcos? I found that series helpful in learning Spanish.

The Colombia Master Thread - NoMoreTO - 01-28-2019

Quote: (01-27-2019 11:30 PM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

Quote: (01-27-2019 04:05 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

Is it in English and Spanish like Narcos? I found that series helpful in learning Spanish.

All in spanish

The Colombia Master Thread - Shimmy - 01-28-2019

Wild District has legit clear Spanish you hear in Bogota, much easier to understand than what you hear on Narcos. The other good thing about the show is it looks authentic to being shot in Bogota. Kind of funny that they finally have a show about Colombia not about Pablo Escobar and it's about corruption and paramilitary.

The Colombia Master Thread - Tully Mars - 01-28-2019

Great show...I was commenting on this series with some Colombian friends recently... I did not realize but the lead actor Juan Pablo Raba (Narcos) was born and raised in Bogota and is still in contact with a few of my Colombian colleaques here in Bogota.

He has had an interesting life as a native Bogotano who worked his way up in the acting world, starting with telenovellas here and in Venezula....I can only imagine the top notch talent he has pulled as a telenovella actor in Colombia.

I agree with the posters above "Wild District" is a great way to learn and listen to the pace of clear Bogotano spanish....

Just an Fyi there is often casting calls here in Bogota for extras....a good friend who is a rare poster on this forum got called up to be an extra in Narcos a few years back.....Mile 22 with Mark Wahlberg was also filmed in Chapinero a few years ago they were also looking for extras....I also believe Will Smith just filmed a movie in Cartagena a few months back and was often out and about in CTG.

Intersting times...While many Colombians hate the Narco/Corruption theme it seems to be keeping Colombia busy with movies and Netflix series!

The Colombia Master Thread - PlevenskiTarikat - 01-29-2019

Scotian, you are the forum pro. and treasure trove of info. on Colombia, so I trust your opinion. What's the situation in Ibague? I only ask because you said Armenia is the biggest shithole in Colombia and Ibague is pretty close to it.

The Colombia Master Thread - scotian - 01-29-2019

I’ve never been there, it doesn’t really interest me much but perhaps one day I’ll check it out, another member stayed there for a month and said it was decent. Armenia sucks mostly because there was a massive earthquake there about twenty years ago that destroyed most of the city and it hasn’t fully recovered yet.

The Colombia Master Thread - gework - 01-29-2019

Quote: (01-27-2019 08:58 PM)lonewolf1992 Wrote:  

I walked around Armenia yesterday ... Certainly noticing a lack of IOI's. I did strike up a conversation with a few chicas asking some general questions to get a convo going and warm them up. But I notice that they do not ask anything about me, while its obvious I am a gringo and you would think they'd be curious about something like why in the hell am I in a 2nd tier city in a 3rd world county! But nope.

You could try some of hostels up by Salento if there is no improvement, or just Salento. I stayed in one and there was a steady stream of 6 girls, without guys. The nightlife in Salento seems quite lively and there is a good mix of locals and tourists.

Quote:Quote:

Lastly, even though I'm 6ft and a decently looking local I hardly get any IOIs on the streets or public transportation, yet when you put me in a social circle like a GT conversation group, classroom, working environment

I think it's connected to the notion that women don't want to be seen as sluts or forward. Most women will take a quite glance at a guy in a moment they think he is not looking and if you happen to make eye contact they will probably look away. Recently I was on San Andrés (datasheet incoming) and the girl I was with said she caught some girls looking at me, so she gave them her death stare. But I only caught a handful of glances in a week. Masculine is obvious; feminine is unobvious.

The exception to this is you are notably muscular - not necessarily a beefcake - just a good frame. It's something like that noise walkie-talkies make. If you hear that sound, your head involuntarily turns to look in the direction of the noise. When women see a muscular guy, their heads involuntarily turn in his direction.

I think there's only two other situations in which a women will involuntarily do that - you're famous or you've entered her social circle - and that could just be you are sitting with someone else she knows. That's when you'll get the stopped in their tracks look - when they take about a second to assess you. Probably because you have been validated, you get the full scan. Some guy on the street isn't worth it.

The Colombia Master Thread - Easygesus - 01-30-2019

Quote: (01-11-2019 05:03 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Quote: (01-11-2019 04:54 PM)MaceTyrell Wrote:  

Quote: (01-11-2019 03:04 PM)Prince Charming Wrote:  

Quote: (01-11-2019 05:47 AM)MaceTyrell Wrote:  

Yeah...reading through this thread, Colombia seems absurdly saturated and played out. Happy I'm going with friends to Cartagena, but less gun-ho on trying to get a notch.

if your worried about played out and saturated cartagena is the worst choice in colombia for a trip imo

Whew. I'm not going exclusively for pussy. I am going for a bachelor party. I'm not going to try and derail an entire bachelor party to Cartagena, which would be fun, just to go to Cali/Bogota/Medillin and game. I'm sorry, but I'd rather have fun and just come back to Colombia by myself in the medium term.

Although, given the data I'm seeing on this sub-forum, and my own context (6'3 black male, not stereotypical), it seems Mexico would be a better bet for me when it comes to traveling for Spanish pussy.

Yes perhaps, I know a couple of black RVF dudes who do well in Mexico but Colombia has a lot of potential too, my buddy from Canada who is black came down to visit me in Cartagena and Medellin last year and he did well, he really liked it. Cartagena is like the Cancun of Colombia; there's tons of tourists, prices are relatively high, lots of hookers, etc but if you get off the beaten path a bit, you can meet some really nice chicas.
Few fellas of mine are considering hitting CTG this March, and I've been before 2014 but all I mostly saw & dealt with were pros. On a trip for about a week & change for a group of brothers would you recommend Cartagena or any of the surrounding/nearby cities? And what spots should we hit up in these cities that aren't full of pros?

From reading a few pages back it looks like online game wouldn't be best for CTG, but better in Cali & maybe Barranquilla. Any other tips?

The Colombia Master Thread - tr1cky - 01-30-2019

Ive heard good things about barranquilla (woman wise) but havent gone yet. I talked to a number of 3 and 4 sets vacationing in CTG as I walked around the old city area. If you can manage to make it past all the hookers you can find non pro girls in groups at night dubbing about.

Question: If youre staying in medellin for a week and want to fly to another city (with a girl) for a few days what do you guys recommend?

The Colombia Master Thread - semibaron - 01-30-2019

Quote: (01-30-2019 10:37 PM)tr1cky Wrote:  

Ive heard good things about barranquilla (woman wise) but havent gone yet. I talked to a number of 3 and 4 sets vacationing in CTG as I walked around the old city area. If you can manage to make it past all the hookers you can find non pro girls in groups at night dubbing about.

Question: If youre staying in medellin for a week and want to fly to another city (with a girl) for a few days what do you guys recommend?

Barranquilla is a shit hole.

The Colombia Master Thread - scotian - 01-30-2019

Quote: (01-30-2019 10:37 PM)tr1cky Wrote:  

Cartagena or San Andres are safe bets, a quicker cheaper option would be Guatape and Salento is worth it too although the bus ride kinda sucks. For something off the beaten path, Bahia Solano/El Valle is really cool and there’s cheap flights from the city airport.

The Colombia Master Thread - NoMoreTO - 01-30-2019

^^ All good options above. I wouldn't count out staying local as suggested. I'd like to add the pueblo 'Jardin' which I haven't gone to but I've heard great things. Its a 4 hour drive. Santa Fe de Antioquia is about 2 hours away also has spas and all inclusives you can stay for a night, its lower altitude so its 30 degrees so people go to hotels with pools.

If I flew I'd take San Andres through the week and back to Medellin for the weekend if you can. If I was choosing a vacation for myself that's what I'd do.

Is the chick you're flying with Colombian ? If you're budget conscious Start small and see how happy she gets? She might hit the ceiling if you take her on a bus to Jardin for a couple nights.

The Colombia Master Thread - scotian - 01-31-2019

Ya don’t bother taking a girl to la costa if she’s happy with a local spot, I once took a Calena to the coast then she fell in love with me, big mistake jajaja.