Roosh V Forum
The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet (/thread-13604.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - jojolapin - 06-17-2018

That s funny indeed.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - Heart Break Kid - 07-15-2018

Is the ESL market good in Hanoi like it is in HMC?

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - addisonvo - 07-17-2018

[don't try to sell your unused drugs via the forum -mod]

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - Winston Wolfe - 08-13-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 11:13 AM)Winston Wolfe Wrote:  

I now realize I haven’t included many observations on Vietnamese girls or Saigon as a city. I definitely have a thing or two to say about both subjects, but I will post those another time.

I have recently spent another 2 weeks in Saigon, mainly spending time with the Vietnamese girl I met during my last trip.

We have been in contact ever since my last trip, and she has also visited me for a week in the meantime. I won't disclose my location, but it is somewhere else in South East Asia.

She took time off work and paid for the trip herelf. The taking time off work is bigger than it seems, since she doesn't get that many vacation days per year. Things are looking good.

Here are my observations from my most recent 2 weeks trip:

On my Vietnamese girl

I don't know which of these observations are typically Vietnamese, and which ones are just her, but I'm just tossing it out there.

- She goes above and beyond to groom me, massage me and makes sure I am always as comfortable as can be. I never ask for anything, she just does it. Honestly, this has overwhelmed me a bit as I am not used to girls taking care of me that much (even other SEA girls!)

- Case in point: on one occassion I was putting on my clothes and she literally, physically stopped me from doing so. She took over and made sure everything fit nicely. "A woman should make sure her man looks handsome and stylish" - her words

- She rather takes a harsh truth than a sweet lie. She is very honest and expects me to be honest also. If there is a problem, she usually doesn't complain, but brings it up so we can talk about it and come to a solution. This is very different from Asian girls I am used to from other countries. This meshes very well with my personality.

- She has the happy gene. She basically goes along with whatever I have in mind or want to do, and doesnt complain. She's happy throughout the day. Incredibly patient too.

- She is quite "moldable", for a lack of better words. Behaviour I don't like disappears very quickly, behaviour I approve of is increased. Again, I rarely say or ask this directly, she just observes me and does it naturally.

- For every type of food (especially vegetables and fruits), she seems to know what body part it is "good" for. Heart, eyes, stomach, skin, dick, you name it. (Pineapple and shellfish for your dick, apparently). She said the Vietnamese prefer to use vegetables as medicine.

- It's difficult for me to explain this one, but I'll give it a shot: she gives me a lot of freedom, but is sort of jealous / territorial at the same time, without it being annoying. She makes sure I have plenty of time without her (I value my alone time), but as soon as theres even a theoretical possibility of me seeing a different girl, she makes sure to mention that shes got her eyes on me. [Image: lol.gif]

- I don't speak the language, but sometimes I got the feeling that she was acting a bit snobby and "upper class" to restaurant staff and store employees. This is just from me observing her body language and demeanor. It's slightly concerning. She is by no means rich, but she makes a more than decent salary compared to the national average. Is there a cultural thing I am overlooking, or am I just seeing things that aren't there? I already told her there's no need to act bitchy to a waitress if there's an ingredient they don't have, as she's just doing her job. It looked like she toned it down a bit after that remark.

- She says that from a young age, her mother, aunts and older sisters have taught her a lot about "how to please a man". It had to do with "give him food when hes hungry and give him sex when he's horny". I approve!

On Vietnam / Saigon

- Saigon and Vietnamese people have an air of rawness / roughness. I can't find the correct words for it, but this city (country?) has a distinct vibe that you can't quite find elsewhere in Asia. One thing I noticed is that people here look a lot more stoic / unimpressed(?) compared to some other SEA countries where everyone is laughing all day for no apparent reason.

- Saigon has an absolute abundance of little roadside coffee places and small eateries. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I walk around here!

- This time I drove a motorbike during my entire stay. I have a few years of experience driving motorbikes in Asia, but doing it in Saigon gives me that feeling of adventure. My girl lives quite a bit out of the center, which gave me plenty of opportunity to drive around randomly in districts and neighborhoods tourists usually don't venture into. Also, few things are better than having a coffee on some 2nd or 3rd floor balcony and watching one of those crazy Saigon roundabouts. I can do that for an hour and not get bored.

- Pho (Vietnamese beef noodle soup) might as well be renamed to God's Nectar. That stuff is awesome. Just like Vietnamese iced coffee. If these two things were the only things I was allowed to consume in my life, I'd probably be a satisfied man.

- At some point I was driving around with my girl and we saw this Western guy just standing on the sidewalk holding some kind of cardboard sign with Vietnamese sentences on it. My girl said it meant that he's asking for money, and that no one buys it anymore because apparently "foreigners have been doing this for ages in Saigon". Begpackers indeed. She said that some of her friends once gave some money to one of these guys and then spotted him at some rooftop bar later. Ridiculous.

During this trip I have also met up with some more forum members who are free to identify themselves if they wish. Good times. Thanks CleanSlate for introducing me, see you guys next time when I'm back!

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - randomA - 08-14-2018

Nice report!
But you forgot to mention your girl's age? that would substantiate more the part where you said she's "moldable".

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - Winston Wolfe - 08-14-2018

Quote: (08-14-2018 03:22 AM)randomA Wrote:  

Nice report!
But you forgot to mention your girl's age? that would substantiate more the part where you said she's "moldable".

You are right, that would probably help.

She's in her late 20s, so it's a bit surprising as you'd expect late 20s girls to be less moldable.

In Vietnam, girls experience tremendous external pressure to get married by their mid 20s at the latest. My girl was on that path, but has missed the boat for reasons far beyond her control. I have reason to believe her notch count is low and she deserves a second chance. I also believe this is the reason she is more moldable than the average Vietnamese girl who reaches her late 20s without getting married.

I wish I could elaborate more, but there are some very specific circumstances which I can't share here unless I want to doxx myself. So I will leave it at this.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - Heart Break Kid - 08-14-2018

Anyone got the low down on Hanoi? Any places to go?

Last I checked the datasheets were on the outdated side - but I got a flight there which I may or may not take.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - monsquid - 08-14-2018

@Heart Break Kid

I was most recently in Hanoi in Feb. I stayed in the old quarter during a week long stay. There are plenty of outdoor cafes, bars, and restaurants. Didn't go to any clubs but did meet up with random expats for drinks here and there. It's very crowded even by Vietnam standards. Rooms were anywhere from $30-40 USD for a decent place downtown. I found that just asking in person at the front desk was often cheaper than booking through Agoda, but you're really only saving $5-10 at most.

Did online game only. I'm asian and I felt intimidated and unsafe to do night game or day game. I don't know it just didn't feel right, but that has more to do with me than the scene. Plus it's a rather conservative culture in public so maybe I was apprehensive because of that. However, online game was more than good enough for my short stay.

I signed up for Tinder Plus and started pipelining in Hanoi prior to arriving there from Da Nang. I'm very average in looks but I was getting a decent number of matches. I think my status as a foreigner definitely helped. I also paid for VietnamCupid which had way more matches and even girls sending first messages, but you have to weed through a lot. I was asking questions about if they live alone and whether they have a curfew to screen girls that are looking for LTR and not DTF.

When you are booking a hotel make sure you verify that you can bring guests up. Some hotels won't allow it, while others will turn a blind. Finally make sure to do cultural stuff and also get a couple of custom tailored shirts/suits. The tailors in Hanoi were the best I've experienced and I've purchases shitty suites that I eventually throw away from all over the world.

Cheers, happy hunting.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - Heart Break Kid - 08-14-2018

Quote: (08-14-2018 07:13 AM)monsquid Wrote:  

@Heart Break Kid

I was most recently in Hanoi in Feb. I stayed in the old quarter during a week long stay. There are plenty of outdoor cafes, bars, and restaurants. Didn't go to any clubs but did meet up with random expats for drinks here and there. It's very crowded even by Vietnam standards. Rooms were anywhere from $30-40 USD for a decent place downtown. I found that just asking in person at the front desk was often cheaper than booking through Agoda, but you're really only saving $5-10 at most.

Did online game only. I'm asian and I felt intimidated and unsafe to do night game or day game. I don't know it just didn't feel right, but that has more to do with me than the scene. Plus it's a rather conservative culture in public so maybe I was apprehensive because of that. However, online game was more than good enough for my short stay.

I signed up for Tinder Plus and started pipelining in Hanoi prior to arriving there from Da Nang. I'm very average in looks but I was getting a decent number of matches. I think my status as a foreigner definitely helped. I also paid for VietnamCupid which had way more matches and even girls sending first messages, but you have to weed through a lot. I was asking questions about if they live alone and whether they have a curfew to screen girls that are looking for LTR and not DTF.

When you are booking a hotel make sure you verify that you can bring guests up. Some hotels won't allow it, while others will turn a blind. Finally make sure to do cultural stuff and also get a couple of custom tailored shirts/suits. The tailors in Hanoi were the best I've experienced and I've purchases shitty suites that I eventually throw away from all over the world.

Cheers, happy hunting.
AirBNB not practical?

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - monsquid - 08-14-2018

Airbnb is inflated because it caters to western tourists. You should look around of course but I found the hotels to be very convenient and easy to switch if necessary. You can walk up to the front desk at 10pm and ask to see the room. If it's to your liking then pay the fee and move on with life hassle free.

I also like the service of the hotels as I can ask for information and have the room cleaned daily.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - tobehero - 08-15-2018

Whats the situation with bringing guests to hotels?

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - KingKrule - 08-15-2018

Anyone know how much more expensive HCM is compared to Danang? Have done some resource and it seems very close to eachother, but this is with limited information.. Im talking about living for about a year, in D1 or D3. Im not planning on drinking alot or partying.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - jspill - 08-16-2018

Quote: (08-15-2018 04:37 AM)tobehero Wrote:  

Whats the situation with bringing guests to hotels?

Most will allow it but want to see the girl's ID and it'll be really awkward. Some will outright not allow guests at night. Airbnb still has some uninflated prices and girls will feel more comfortable, Viet chicks all tend to ask if you're living here or just on holiday, in the latter case they won't put out as much. In an Airbnb you can at least say you're looking at condos with a view to staying there long term.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - monsquid - 08-16-2018

Pretty much every Viet chick (even the sluttiest ones) always asked if I was traveling or staying long term in Vietnam. I always told them I was working in Vietnam in Hanoi or Saigon and just traveling internally with some time off. Seemed to work well. If I was in Saigon I said I work in Hanoi and vice versa.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - EmDeThuongQua - 08-19-2018

Quote: (08-15-2018 10:58 AM)KingKrule Wrote:  

Anyone know how much more expensive HCM is compared to Danang? Have done some resource and it seems very close to eachother, but this is with limited information.. Im talking about living for about a year, in D1 or D3. Im not planning on drinking alot or partying.

I've stayed in both places and I think HCM is only slightly more expensive than Danang.

They are hugely different cities though. HCM is crowded and must be one of the noisiest cities on Earth. However, it's probably better in terms of picking up different girls. HCM has loads of ladies who are living far from their hometown and thus open more to meeting you. People in Danang tend to be living with their parents, and in Vietnam this can hinder dating fun immensely, as mentioned in recently by another poster. I should say that my time in Danang wasn't long enough to give a full verdict, so other posters may have different views.

For me, Danang wins it for quality of life while HCM is the place for the ladies.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - Mentavious - 08-19-2018

Delete

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - Mentavious - 08-19-2018

Quote: (08-19-2018 10:31 AM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Quote: (08-14-2018 05:02 AM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

Anyone got the low down on Hanoi? Any places to go?

Last I checked the datasheets were on the outdated side - but I got a flight there which I may or may not take.

A few months old

Summary:

Lots of transient backpacker girls. Guys here say the north is significantly more conservative than the south. Went on a multiple dates with a few girls until I finally got the flag after my third date.

I really enjoyed my time there though.
thread-34168...pid1756562

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - Cattle Rustler - 08-19-2018

Man y'all fuckers have spoiled me. I read it on the Asian guy travel thread or here raving about Viet bitches. Gave it a try on Tinder and loving the talent! Skinny, some are tall, some curves....and if they're missing tits I could convince them to bolt on a rack. Not to mention probably the place with the most matches I've had so far.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - John Michael Kane - 08-19-2018

Just signed up for Vietnamcupid.com. Excellent response rate so far of my outbound messages, and a fair number of inbound ones. Vietnamese girls are a bit coyer than say pinays, but are responsive enough if you make an effort. My goal is LTR/wife shopping, and so far "don't screw it up" game seems to be king. Be bold, be polite, show a sense of humor and that you've got good things going on in your life. Basically, run "friendly/nice alpha/beta mix" game and Vietnamese women respond to it. I've been really surprised at all the please, thank you and other politeness. It is hard to imagine what Western women have lost until you compare it to women that still "have it". I'm going to be booking a flight to Vietnam this year with all my saved up airline miles.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - ISR92 - 08-21-2018

After a brief hiatus, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. That means heading to the clubs most weekends. If any of you RVFers are still around, hit me up. I've been here a couple of years so I can definitely teach you a lot. We can wing each other, and I can speak Vietnamese quite well. Hit me up in PM. Cheers

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - John Michael Kane - 08-21-2018

Thanks for the offer ISR92. How'd you learn Vietnamese?

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - ISR92 - 08-21-2018

Quote: (08-21-2018 01:33 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

Thanks for the offer ISR92. How'd you learn Vietnamese?

1: The girlfriends I've had over the 2 years.
2: Living here for a long time, you invariably pick up a bit. You self-determination decides how good you become with it
3: I tend to want to know what words mean if I don't know them, so curious mind
4: Languages come easily to me I think
5: Tieng Viet Oi youtube channel

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - iron93 - 08-26-2018

Where's a good place to daygame near district 1? I tried vincom and saigaon mall but targets are sparse there.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - BaatumMania - 08-26-2018

I've seen a lot of articles saying American citizens can get a 1 year visa to Vietnam.

That would make Vietnam the best place for Americans in the world to live in a place longer than 90 days without having to do a lot of border runs. Vietnam is also pretty cheap too and the food is good (and there's a lot of international cuisine).

Too bad I'm not American so instead I'm looking to Taiwan.

The lowdown on Ho Chi Minh/Vietnam - datasheet - BaatumMania - 08-26-2018

Quote: (08-14-2018 08:07 AM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

AirBNB not practical?

I think in my entire life I have only seen 1 or 2 AirBnbs that had a rule like: "no guests" or "no overnight guests".

Thing in a lot of the countries with moderate crime I think guys feel more comfortable bringing a strange woman over to a hotel (which has security and visitor logs) than some apartment.