Roosh V Forum
The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge (/thread-54749.html)

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Mufasa - 02-09-2017

Will power and coffee.
Or coke if thats you're thing.
Setting your bed up infront of a window that catches morning light
Tripple snooze. By the third one I'm ready to roll

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - H1N1 - 02-09-2017

Quote: (02-09-2017 03:17 AM)Mufasa Wrote:  

FUCK
my dad pisses me the off fuck!

Im tight on cash and my car (2001 740 Beemer) just went to car heaven. So Tonight via phone call I asked him if he would be my guarantor because I pretty much have no credit history. He said no.
At the end of the call I told him I'm starting a business and that I already have demand in two cities (although small).
You know what this motherfucker said??

"what about grad school."

Shit was fucking hard work to get this going fucking prick.
Fuck outta here man. And he complains to my grandma why none of his sons talk to him smh

Mothafucka just hating all the goddamn time

I think you're being extremely ungrateful, and you sound like a spoilt brat.

You're dad is probably an old dude. He doesn't have time to start again if he's sued when you can't pay your debts.

You're not asking him to just sign something for you to cover a new car. You're pretty much asking him to buy it for you, since odds are you won't cover the loan repayments, and business will take longer to pick up than you'd like. You're asking him to pick up the tab for you living beyond your means.

My dad wouldn't sign a guarantee when it would have been a shortcut to securing the finance I needed to fund my business expansion. I didn't want him too anyway, but it was put to me by the lenders as a way of expediting matters, and I clued him in since he is my most trusted advisor in all things and a hugely competent man. I didn't feel the slightest resentment about it - to be honest I was relived that I wasn't put in the situation of potentially drumming someone I love out of the home they'd worked so hard to own outright.

Your a man now, of sorts at least, and you must take responsibility for your own debts. You can't simply have a tantrum because your dad, whom you're so quick to dismiss as a 'fucking prick' won't bail your bratty arse out of a bind and indulge you.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - monster - 02-09-2017

Quote: (02-09-2017 05:54 PM)H1N1 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-09-2017 03:17 AM)Mufasa Wrote:  

FUCK
my dad pisses me the off fuck!

Im tight on cash and my car (2001 740 Beemer) just went to car heaven. So Tonight via phone call I asked him if he would be my guarantor because I pretty much have no credit history. He said no.
At the end of the call I told him I'm starting a business and that I already have demand in two cities (although small).
You know what this motherfucker said??

"what about grad school."

Shit was fucking hard work to get this going fucking prick.
Fuck outta here man. And he complains to my grandma why none of his sons talk to him smh

Mothafucka just hating all the goddamn time

You're dad is probably an old dude. He doesn't have time to start again if he's sued when you can't pay your debts.

You're not asking him to just sign something for you to cover a new car. You're pretty much asking him to buy it for you, since odds are you won't cover the loan repayments, and business will take longer to pick up than you'd like. You're asking him to pick up the tab for you living beyond your means.

My dad wouldn't sign a guarantee when it would have been a shortcut to securing the finance I needed to fund my business expansion. I didn't want him too anyway, but it was put to me by the lenders as a way of expediting matters, and I clued him in since he is my most trusted advisor in all things and a hugely competent man. I didn't feel the slightest resentment about it - to be honest I was relived that I wasn't put in the situation of potentially drumming someone I love out of the home they'd worked so hard to own outright.

Your a man now, of sorts at least, and you must take responsibility for your own debts. You can't simply have a tantrum because your dad, whom you're so quick to dismiss as a 'fucking prick' won't bail your bratty arse out of a bind and indulge you.

Yep. Work with what you have. Buying more than what people can afford is the downfall of america.

If you have only $2000 to spend on a car you buy a $2k car. You don't buy a $25,000 and hope that you can cover payments.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - BelyyTigr - 02-10-2017

I don't know the exact facts of the car situation.
But anyway, a relative of mine wanted to have a car on one of those contract things. They wanted ME to take the finance out in my name, but they assured me, they could and would make all the repayments.

So I sat down and looked at the figures. They'd spend 65% of the value of the car over 4 yrs. Then they'd either have no car, or spend the other 35% to buy the car. But by that time, the car had lost 70% of its value anyway. They've also got a pisspoor history of knowing a good deal vs a ripoff. And had wound up building gigantic debts and losing masses of home equity several times over 20 yrs. Due to their stupidity, gullibility and refusal to ever take or even seek advice.

Anyway, I spent 2.5 hrs looking at good 3 and 4 yr old cars. Which were 65% cheaper than the new one, had low mileage and wouldn't depreciate. But they had a tantrum and stopped speaking to me for 2 months.

Next thing is, they announce they're buying a 3.5 yr old one. 65% cheaper than the new one, they finally acknowledge is a ripoff. Infact, so much better value, they didn't need my financial support.

I think new cars are an absolute ripoff and pretty pointless in most cases. People look at cost per mth but forget that with the bullshit schemes they never acquire any equity, merely get slapped for depreciation.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - roberto - 02-10-2017

Quote: (02-10-2017 04:07 AM)BelyyTigr Wrote:  

But anyway, a relative of mine wanted to have a car on one of those contract things. They wanted ME to take the finance out in my name, but they assured me, they could and would make all the repayments.

So I sat down and looked at the figures. They'd spend 65% of the value of the car over 4 yrs. Then they'd either have no car, or spend the other 35% to buy the car. But by that time, the car had lost 70% of its value anyway. They've also got a pisspoor history of knowing a good deal vs a ripoff. And had wound up building gigantic debts and losing masses of home equity several times over 20 yrs. Due to their stupidity, gullibility and refusal to ever take or even seek advice.

Anyway, I spent 2.5 hrs looking at good 3 and 4 yr old cars. Which were 65% cheaper than the new one, had low mileage and wouldn't depreciate. But they had a tantrum and stopped speaking to me for 2 months.

Next thing is, they announce they're buying a 3.5 yr old one. 65% cheaper than the new one, they finally acknowledge is a ripoff. Infact, so much better value, they didn't need my financial support.

I think new cars are an absolute ripoff and pretty pointless in most cases. People look at cost per mth but forget that with the bullshit schemes they never acquire any equity, merely get slapped for depreciation.

Agree. The only thing that's worth buying new on finance is a machine that will make you money like an excavator. Then it's business and an investment. Anything like a car is just living beyond your means.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Off The Reservation - 02-10-2017

To the car guy, you will face MUCH bigger challenges in life if you are trying for anything.

Don't exaggerate, this a minor hump to solve, not a real problem.

Oh, and your Dad sounds like he knows its time for you to be a man.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Mufasa - 02-12-2017

WOAAAAAAAAAH NELLLLLY!!!

[Image: 200.gif#52]

Lets dive in!!

Quote: (02-09-2017 05:54 PM)H1N1 Wrote:  

57 so not really. Im not asking for him to pay for debts never said that maneeeeee

Quote:Quote:

hmmmm i dont recall saying that I wanted him to cover my loan payments. check me on that one tho...I do think I said something about only needed a guarantor because of no credit history...I might be trippin...

I have a job that I would have to quit because they're not firing me. My value has been proven a thousand times over.

Business is a boomin!
Lets just say that "I'm the best thing to come out of my target market and my target market loves me" my street cred couldn't be higher...Well technically theres one way that would make it higher but thats a long gamer right thurrrrrrrrr

Im sorry that you feel that you could have put yourself in that potential situation with someone you love. Im more of a "where theres a will theres a way" type of guy so this isn't a concern of mine the least bit.

It also has nothing to do with my business...just me getting a car...that I can afford... but can't get... because I can't finance it myself...because of a lack of credit history...

who said this was a quick draw!?

[Image: 200.gif#8]

I bet you I wouldn't have called him a prick if he had helped me [Image: wink.gif]
Id also lose that bet because he would still be a prick lol this aint the inciting incident of his assent to the title of prick.
None the less you dismissed the part about my business and him saying "what about grad school".
...But hey you quick drew too so Forgive and forget 'migo

[Image: migosculturecover1.jpg]

You don't think
"hey dad Im starting a business" + "what about grad school?" + everything else=Prickdom?
and thats without checkin the tapes!

you my friend might be

[Image: 200.gif#4]

.......checking the tapes means taking a look at past history lol

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - AneroidOcean - 02-13-2017

Quote: (02-12-2017 11:27 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  

WOAAAAAAAAAH NELLLLLY!!!

[Image: 200.gif#52]

Lets dive in!!

While I agree that others might have been too harsh on you, you are expecting a lot.

This is why:

You have a good job which you won't be getting fired from.

Did you ask your dad to be your guarantor and then tell him you were signing your paychecks over to him so he knows that the debt will be paid first and foremost?

Did you lay out a plan for how to pay off the car quickly?

Did you lay your finances bare for him to inspect?

Have you asked your grandmother or other family members/friends to be your guarantor? Why not?

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Mufasa - 02-13-2017

Quote: (02-13-2017 05:56 AM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

While I agree that others might have been too harsh on you, you are expecting a lot.

This is why:

You have a good job which you won't be getting fired from.

Did you ask your dad to be your guarantor and then tell him you were signing your paychecks over to him so he knows that the debt will be paid first and foremost?

No but I did tell him I just need a co-signer due to the lack of credit, that I would be the one making the payments, and that it would help me build credit.

Did you lay out a plan for how to pay off the car quickly?
No so that one is on me.

Did you lay your finances bare for him to inspect?

Beyond rent and student loans thats all I've got. When I met with the wells faggot lady she informed me that I needed to get everything moved into my name get a credit card and use it to pay off shit. This was a few weeks ago and I immideately had everything moved into my name--before I was just paying my dad for my portion under his plan because it was cheaper.

Have you asked your grandmother or other family members/friends to be your guarantor? Why not?

Yea thats not going to happen. Truth be told my dad other than myself are the only two people to experience true success in our lives. Dad side is poor and my mom's side is from the projects. While I have limited credit history, they are worse off than I am in that department

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - torridon747 - 02-15-2017

Working on my credit, it's going up pretty fast now that i'm putting a lot of attention on it. Hopefully break 650 by next year. About 100 points away now.

One of my clients had a work/maintenence request and failed to describe it accurately. Used short hand and horrible english completely omitting some details. By the time the invoice got over there he was all in a tiff. I could've handled it a little better relation-wise. But i'm getting paid for the work I did and for the stuff he omitted, more pay than I thought.

Client turned friend (after about 2 years) wants to start a business with me and we've been working on jobs that are related to the business we're trying to start and general plans for about a month now. He's bringing all the finance and i'm bringing my industry experience. I'm going to have to try really hard to not get fucked out of a good cut, he seems like nice people but most people are until you throw a few grand up into the air.

Good week for business bros, bad for game. Having a hard time finding a balance.

I'm pretty happy with my progress; considering I was living on the street 2 years ago. Still never enough money though.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - PapayaTapper - 02-16-2017

Changing one's perception of the intrinsic value of wealth/money from "commodity to be spent" to "tool to be leveraged" is a requisite paradigm shift if your going to achieve true financial success

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - tomzestatlu - 02-16-2017

Quote: (02-15-2017 01:55 AM)Eugenics Wrote:  

Working on my credit, it's going up pretty fast now that i'm putting a lot of attention on it. Hopefully break 650 by next year. About 100 points away now.

One of my clients had a work/maintenence request and failed to describe it accurately. Used short hand and horrible english completely omitting some details. By the time the invoice got over there he was all in a tiff. I could've handled it a little better relation-wise. But i'm getting paid for the work I did and for the stuff he omitted, more pay than I thought.

Client turned friend (after about 2 years) wants to start a business with me and we've been working on jobs that are related to the business we're trying to start and general plans for about a month now. He's bringing all the finance and i'm bringing my industry experience. I'm going to have to try really hard to not get fucked out of a good cut, he seems like nice people but most people are until you throw a few grand up into the air.

Good week for business bros, bad for game. Having a hard time finding a balance.

I'm pretty happy with my progress; considering I was living on the street 2 years ago. Still never enough money though.
Could you share more information with us? How did you get up from the bottom

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - torridon747 - 02-16-2017

Quote: (02-16-2017 12:54 PM)tomzestatlu Wrote:  

I grew up on the street and was homeless on off since I was around 15 partially due to my own failures and those of my parents (in the begining). Some issues with substance and indulgence lead me to life of apathy and I thought it was lame being in one place for too long. So i hitchiked around the US and bummed around never staying anywhere too long or setting down roots or making any real friends/connections.

A few years ago I got homesick and tired of always having nothing, being nothing, being looked at like I was trash. Luckily I taught myself to program at 15/16 and have studied on and off throughout the years so i have some marketable skills. So i went back to my hometown which is a mid-sized tech centric city in the PNW. A friend who knew about me and i had scarecly kept in touch with found me a room to rent for the last 300 dollars I had in my pocket. I have spent the last 2 years doing tech work, hustling whatever I could get my hands on and generally being an upstanding man of my word with an insane amount of discipline. I'm happy to say all my business is above ground nowadays and I'm completely clean and sober barring the occasional drink with friends. I have been reprogramming myself socially to fit in with upper/middle class people and I spend every waking moment working on my social proficiencies or putting myself in situations (and with people) that will help make me a better man. I have to say it's a little crazy. It was really awkword dressing up as a nerd one day and dawning street gear the next with a hi-point for backup. I imagine most of the people I worked with must've thought I was crazy, maybe I was.

Hard work, discipline, luck, and a decent dome piece. People aren't lying when they say there aren't shortcuts you really have to work hard and have vision to get anywhere. I'm still below the poverty line (or just barely above it) but that's going to change soon enough.

I have some interesting stories but that wasn't one of them it really is that simple.

I got an interview with an amazing company that's coming up tuesday. Went out and bought a new suit, got it tailored and the whole 9 yards. I may be leaving the the Entrepreneur life for a little while but it won't be long. I hate working for other people. The money is right i guess.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Off The Reservation - 02-18-2017

^ good luck

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - tomzestatlu - 02-19-2017

Quote: (02-16-2017 07:45 PM)Eugenics Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2017 12:54 PM)tomzestatlu Wrote:  

I grew up on the street and was homeless on off since I was around 15 partially due to my own failures and those of my parents (in the begining). Some issues with substance and indulgence lead me to life of apathy and I thought it was lame being in one place for too long. So i hitchiked around the US and bummed around never staying anywhere too long or setting down roots or making any real friends/connections.

A few years ago I got homesick and tired of always having nothing, being nothing, being looked at like I was trash. Luckily I taught myself to program at 15/16 and have studied on and off throughout the years so i have some marketable skills. So i went back to my hometown which is a mid-sized tech centric city in the PNW. A friend who knew about me and i had scarecly kept in touch with found me a room to rent for the last 300 dollars I had in my pocket. I have spent the last 2 years doing tech work, hustling whatever I could get my hands on and generally being an upstanding man of my word with an insane amount of discipline. I'm happy to say all my business is above ground nowadays and I'm completely clean and sober barring the occasional drink with friends. I have been reprogramming myself socially to fit in with upper/middle class people and I spend every waking moment working on my social proficiencies or putting myself in situations (and with people) that will help make me a better man. I have to say it's a little crazy. It was really awkword dressing up as a nerd one day and dawning street gear the next with a hi-point for backup. I imagine most of the people I worked with must've thought I was crazy, maybe I was.

Hard work, discipline, luck, and a decent dome piece. People aren't lying when they say there aren't shortcuts you really have to work hard and have vision to get anywhere. I'm still below the poverty line (or just barely above it) but that's going to change soon enough.

I have some interesting stories but that wasn't one of them it really is that simple.

I got an interview with an amazing company that's coming up tuesday. Went out and bought a new suit, got it tailored and the whole 9 yards. I may be leaving the the Entrepreneur life for a little while but it won't be long. I hate working for other people. The money is right i guess.
Interesting story. It´s amazing how can somebody from nothing create something. I wish you a lot of luck.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - torridon747 - 02-23-2017

Bombed that interview. I'm here to stay fellas

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - storm - 02-24-2017

Quote: (02-23-2017 07:58 PM)Eugenics Wrote:  

Bombed that interview. I'm here to stay fellas

What happened and why did you bomb?

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - torridon747 - 02-24-2017

They gave me a whiteboard programming test in a language I'm not completely competent with, even though I never claimed to be a java expert.

It's okay, gotta keep it moving.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - gmoneysauce - 02-24-2017

Quote: (02-24-2017 03:47 PM)Eugenics Wrote:  

They gave me a whiteboard programming test in a language I'm not completely competent with, even though I never claimed to be a java expert.

It's okay, gotta keep it moving.

Last year I spent four months looking for a job. One place that interviewed me gave me a whiteboard test to do a SQL statement join that needed a where not clause and I completely choked on it. I hadn't touched sql in about two or three years and just couldn't pull it out of my ass on the spot.

A few years ago I wrote some monster SQL prepared statement with GIS extensions (MySQL) in one morning that a jr. developer had been struggling with for a few days. But I still used the docs a lot when I did that one. Give me a whiteboard and I'll just shit the bed.

I fucking hate this whiteboard shit.

G

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - storm - 02-24-2017

Agreed it seems ridiculous. But. It is after all a job and this means you have to play all their little games to get it.

I expect that whiteboard boardwork is in any book on how to pass the interview process.

One day (if not already) you'll be on the other side of the interview table and the sheer volume of incompetence flying at you will make you much more sympathetic to these types of tricks.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - da_zeb - 02-25-2017

I only buy second-hand cars, and I now make a point of looking for interesting cars that are hitting the bottom of their depreciation curve. Classic insurance is cheap and I get an appreciating asset - what's not to like.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Off The Reservation - 02-25-2017

You are correct when it comes to not signing for other people, but the problem with your advice is that it drops context, and context and specifics are everything when it comes to cars.

A lot of people in the US dont have the cash for buying cars without credit AND cars are more poorly made and don't last as long as they used to. For people who work low paying but steady jobs anything under 100k AND dont "know" about cars the best thing to do is the very cheapest bottom of the market leases, like under 200 a month without putting cap cost reduction. But this requires discipline in three forms that these same people rarely have, 1 to say no to any higher cost cars or deals, and 2 to keep the credit clean to get these deals and 3 to follow the terms of the lease and be the kind of person who keeps a car clean. Eg, you can get a new honda civic for $600 down and around $159 a month.

The problem with generalizing about car purchases and dropping generalized advice is the particulars paint the real picture on how one should buy a car. Ill give you a common example of an idiot move. Some parent decides to "buy" a car for a kid going off to college, and drops $12000 on some overused 70,000 mile Jap sedan or other waste of money. They write a big fat check for this amount and the car needs maintenance the whole 4 years of college costing dad repair bills and at the end its now not good enough for that first nice job. Not to mention its worthless. $13-15K out the window for college transportation. If they had done the deal above they would have spent half, zero on repairs, built the credit of the student, etc. If they didnt want payments they could do a Onepay lease and write a check for say 7K on many cars like Impreza or Civic and the kid just drives. Now who is the smart one saving money?

I do realize this is impossible in some markets because the insurance can be double the payment - again no one advice can be applied to all, its a circumstantial game.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - dogfucker69 - 02-26-2017

Hello everyone

I hate to be a pauper dirtying a prince's chambers, but I'm struggling to find no-bullshit simple advice on the route of entrepreneurship concerning entrepreneurship without a degree. Is there any decent compendium of practical advice on it? I'm not inventing anything, so I figure my fundamentals have to be spotless if I'm going to succeed in a market that already has players. Fortunately, I have a stable/profitable job as it is, so I do have some time to study

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - yellowfever - 02-26-2017

Yeah, check out The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - roberto - 02-26-2017

Quote: (02-26-2017 04:12 AM)dogfucker69 Wrote:  

Hello everyone

I hate to be a pauper dirtying a prince's chambers, but I'm struggling to find no-bullshit simple advice on the route of entrepreneurship concerning entrepreneurship without a degree. Is there any decent compendium of practical advice on it? I'm not inventing anything, so I figure my fundamentals have to be spotless if I'm going to succeed in a market that already has players. Fortunately, I have a stable/profitable job as it is, so I do have some time to study

What the heck makes you think you need a degree? You need desire and aptitude. There's a plethora of practical advice to be had from members here, so post away.