Roosh V Forum
Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? (/thread-20601.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - mulatto.613 - 10-16-2016

Oslo was shit for me. Shady at night, saw 4 guys get arrested at separate times in a matter of hours. If you want to go to Norway (I would recommend Finland & Sweden), hit up Bergen or Stavanger. Oslo had ridiculous prices and basic girls. I was coming from Stockholm and I instantly noticed the vibe was different, many 5's walking around.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - hooked_on_tonics - 10-25-2016

Was out in the slums of Mexico City to provide some pro-bono medical services a couple years ago. On a scale of sheer poverty it was pretty bad.

One memory that I will never forget happened when I was providing care to a group of four little (6-10 year old) girls. Not sure if they were sisters or just friends but there was no parent in sight. The first one came up to me in a stained and heavily ripped floral dress. I began taking her vitals and assessing her. I finish her up and then she disappears behind a trash mountain (literally a mountain of trash) with her three friends. Suddenly the next girl emerges wearing the same dress.

Eventually I figured out that between the four of them their only "nice" piece of clothing was this dress that had likely been salvaged from the trash. They would go behind the trash mountain and literally strip down and hand the dress off to the next girl so that they could each look presentable for me.

Not gonna lie, it kind of broke my heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another memory from the same trip: I was assessing a woman who was about 50 years old and her vitals were disturbing. Eventually I ask her what her diet consists of. The conversation went like this:

(In spanish, obviously)

Me: "So what does your diet consist of?"
Her: "I don't understand."
Me: "What do you eat every day? How do you get your caloric and nutritional needs met?"*

*I wasn't expecting much, most of the diets that these people reported were atrocious. But what she said next blew my mind.

Her: "Oh for food? I understand, I understand. Coca-Cola."
Me: "No mam, I'm asking about what you eat, not what you drink."
Her: "Si. Coca-Cola"

At this point I called a translator over to make sure that I was properly understanding her. Yes. For the past few weeks, she had reportedly been getting all her calories from 2 liter bottles of coca-cola, because supposedly that was the only food that she could get her hands on in the slums. It sure explained why her bloodwork and vitals were so bad.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - MikePerson89 - 10-26-2016

For me the bigest shit hole was Cambodia.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Road_Less_Taken - 10-27-2016

Quote: (10-25-2016 05:43 PM)hooked_on_tonics Wrote:  

Was out in the slums of Mexico City to provide some pro-bono medical services a couple years ago. On a scale of sheer poverty it was pretty bad.

One memory that I will never forget happened when I was providing care to a group of four little (6-10 year old) girls. Not sure if they were sisters or just friends but there was no parent in sight. The first one came up to me in a stained and heavily ripped floral dress. I began taking her vitals and assessing her. I finish her up and then she disappears behind a trash mountain (literally a mountain of trash) with her three friends. Suddenly the next girl emerges wearing the same dress.

Eventually I figured out that between the four of them their only "nice" piece of clothing was this dress that had likely been salvaged from the trash. They would go behind the trash mountain and literally strip down and hand the dress off to the next girl so that they could each look presentable for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another memory from the same trip: I was assessing a woman who was about 50 years old and her vitals were disturbing. Eventually I ask her what her diet consists of. The conversation went like this:

(In spanish, obviously)

Me: "What do you eat every day? How do you get your caloric and nutritional needs met?"*

*I wasn't expecting much, most of the diets that these people reported were atrocious. But what she said next blew my mind.

At this point I called a translator over to make sure that I was properly understanding her. Yes. For the past few weeks, she had reportedly been getting all her calories from 2 liter bottles of coca-cola, because supposedly that was the only food that she could get her hands on in the slums. It sure explained why her bloodwork and vitals were so bad.

Wow this is crazy. Good of you for going and talking to some of these people. Thats depressing to see. In contrast there is us with our $8 packets of oraganic quinoa and kale.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - shotgun - 10-29-2016

Ciudad del Este in Paraguay, on the border with Brazil. Smuggling capital of South America.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - EndsExpect - 10-29-2016

Can I nominate Stockton, CA?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - ElFlaco - 10-29-2016

Quote: (10-25-2016 05:43 PM)hooked_on_tonics Wrote:  

(In spanish, obviously)

Where/when exactly was this? There's crime and poverty in Mexico City but nothing resembling severe malnutrition or starvation. I can't think of an area that would be called a slum. The number of places where squatters have taken over and built ramshackle houses without water and electrical services is tiny to the point of vanishing. There are the usual mentally ill or drug addicted homeless people that you find in most cities but fewer of them than in US cities. Virtually everyone has a family to go home to. There are a few street kids including some who sell gum in the metro or who beg but it's a minor phenomenon. Diabetes is a major problem from all the soft drink consumption, that's true. You can't swing a dead cat in Mexico City without hitting a medical student or doctor. Many of them volunteer/work in public hospitals or do community outreach as part of their training. You can get a medical consultation from a doctor at a pharmacy for free or around $1 USD.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Bravo Zulu - 10-30-2016

Deleted

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - hooked_on_tonics - 10-31-2016

Quote: (10-29-2016 08:47 PM)ElFlaco Wrote:  

Where/when exactly was this? There's crime and poverty in Mexico City but nothing resembling severe malnutrition or starvation. I can't think of an area that would be called a slum. The number of places where squatters have taken over and built ramshackle houses without water and electrical services is tiny to the point of vanishing. There are the usual mentally ill or drug addicted homeless people that you find in most cities but fewer of them than in US cities. Virtually everyone has a family to go home to. There are a few street kids including some who sell gum in the metro or who beg but it's a minor phenomenon. Diabetes is a major problem from all the soft drink consumption, that's true. You can't swing a dead cat in Mexico City without hitting a medical student or doctor. Many of them volunteer/work in public hospitals or do community outreach as part of their training. You can get a medical consultation from a doctor at a pharmacy for free or around $1 USD.

This would have been circa 2010.

I don't know the name of the barrio that we were working that day--the organization that I was working for had methods of finding the most economically depressed/ underserved areas in the metropolitan area.

"Slum" may have been the wrong word, but I don't use it lightly. I never got a chance to see what kind of housing these people were living in, but for the vast majority of them, their major source of income was scavenging scrap metal and other salvageable material from a dumpsite. We set up our tent at the dumpsite so that we were as accessible as possible.

As far as medical care being cheap and widely available, I don't doubt that. We were targeting people who were unlikely to seek out medical care on their own. I saw almost no cases of starvation, but a large proportion of them were malnourished.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Floridian1 - 12-16-2016

Port-au-Prince, Haiti

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - a254052656 - 12-16-2016

jakarta,

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - LikeABaller - 12-16-2016

Islamabad

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - aardwolf - 12-16-2016

Geneva, Switzerland

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Putin Closes - 12-16-2016

Quote: (12-16-2016 03:04 PM)aardwolf Wrote:  

Geneva, Switzerland

[Image: huh.gif] No.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - scotian - 12-16-2016

Buenaventura, Colombia. Definitely the most violent, gang infested shit hole but I have fun there and its full of hot Afro-Colombia chicas of various shades and great seafood. The first time I went there I ended up finger banging a girl on a bus, then when I went back to see her the following year there was a huge gang war going on and the COlombian government mobilized 1500+ troops in the city, it was like a war zone so we just banged in the hotel then I GTFO. They chop people up and throw them in the ocean there:

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - John Michael Kane - 12-16-2016

Here in the United States, Detroit is a total shit hole. Oakland and Richmond, California are also totally crap. Wouldn't go to many of those neighborhoods during the daytime, there's so much violent crime. Also, the West and South sides of Chicago are a freakin' war zone. There are safer parts of Iraq, no joke.

I've also been in the slums of Manila. Total shit hole in terms of quality of life, makes you genuinely sad to see such poverty. Still, I felt safer there than in all of the American shit holes above. In many 3rd world shit holes, they'll steal your wallet if you leave it hanging out. In America's shit holes, a gangbanger will shoot you just because you're white or looked at him the wrong way.

I hope with the new Trump admin, we start getting more concealed national right to carry laws passed, so that honest people living in the shitty cities can shoot back. Take the bastards to the morgue is my rally cry.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Mr. Accuride - 12-16-2016

Quote: (12-16-2016 09:25 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

Here in the United States, Detroit is a total shit hole. Oakland and Richmond, California are also totally crap. Wouldn't go to many of those neighborhoods during the daytime, there's so much violent crime. Also, the West and South sides of Chicago are a freakin' war zone. There are safer parts of Iraq, no joke.

I've been to the terrible parts of Detroit, Oakland, and Toledo, and even so Richmond, CA still gave off the biggest "oh shit, I should not be here" feeling I've ever had in my life.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - scotian - 12-16-2016

Quote: (12-16-2016 09:47 PM)Mr. Accuride Wrote:  

I've been to the terrible parts of Detroit, Oakland, and Toledo, and even so Richmond, CA still gave off the biggest "oh shit, I should not be here" feeling I've ever had in my life.

Those stories remind me of Indian reserves in Canada. I have a buddy (who was banned from here haha) who has lived in Bogota for a decade and frequents some shitty parts of towns where most gringos wouldn't go, the guy is street smart and well traveled. He went home to Winnipeg for a visit and when he returned I asked him how it went, he said it was great except for almost getting jumped and knifed b a few Native guys outside a bar. He was serious when he told me that he felt safer in the rough streets of Bogota than he did in the Native parts of Canada, as mentioned above, poor people will take your shit if you're not looking or hustle you or maybe even rob you with a weapon but some people in the west will beat you down or even kill you (and leave your wallet and cell in your pocket) just cuz.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - AlphaRN - 12-16-2016

Belize City.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - John Michael Kane - 12-16-2016

Quote: (12-16-2016 09:47 PM)Mr. Accuride Wrote:  

Richmond is a true shit hole. All that wealth in the Bay Area and it is liked they dumped all the undesirables in the West Bay. I've had several friends robbed or carjacked there. Violent thugs rule the roost.

Also forgot to mention earlier, San Bernardino is a total shithole. An industrial town that has lost a lot of jobs in the last decade. Tons of empty real estate, pot holes in the roads, drug dealers on many corners and many unsolved murders. Stay the hell away. A good friend of mine is having a hard time renting his comercial properties, even with offering 50% discounts on the rent. This is all before we had the nice little Muslim family shoot dozens of people because they threw them a Christmas party.

Stay away from SB!

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Caractacus Potts - 12-17-2016

Quote: (12-16-2016 01:25 PM)Floridian1 Wrote:  

Port-au-Prince, Haiti

This was true back in 1995. I can only imagine how much worse it is now. Papa doc and Baby doc Duvalier did a fantastic job fucking this country up and I doubt it will ever recover.

Most recent spot was Cartagena, Colombia a few years ago. If you take the open bus tour to the abbey and the old fort at the top of the hill you drive through some shitty areas. The kinds with lots of cardboard and corrugated shacks.

Anytime the bus stopped/slowed kids ran up and tried to sell stuff to the riders. I kept my eyes peeled and was waiting for someone to stick a gun in.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Surreyman - 12-17-2016

Quote: (09-10-2016 02:09 PM)Marcus187 Wrote:  

I do think you should distinguish between first world countries and third world countries. From the Western countries I've visited I would say the worst cities were:

Antwerpen (Belgium): The old buildings in the city centre are nice to see, but that's all. The rest of the city is full of badly maintained and ugly buildings and houses. The roads and infrastructure are bad for Western standards. The people are extremely boring. No personality or whatsoever. They're close to autistic. You can walk in a crowded place, but still feel lonely, because you're surrounded by anti-social people living completely in their own world. Also a lot of Moroccans/Turks/Muslims who behave aggressively towards white people. The women were nothing special. Just average for European standards.

Rotterdam (The Netherlands): The city centre is nice and modern, but the city is full of (Muslim) immigrants. Most of them are Moroccans/Turks and - surprisingly - behave aggressively too. I got into a fight with a few Moroccan guys, so that's not a nice experience for me. The women are not nice, unless you like fat black women or Muslim women in traditional clothes. The white women were nothing special either. Most of them are trashy types from the lower socio-economic class or students. But the students looked average to me if you're used to Western standards. There's a 'white flight' going on in that city, so the decent people live in

I noticed that in the UK many Pakistanis in the north have serious issues with the English people/whites in general. They have a serious tendency to scowl and stare, both the track-suited young oiks and the fat older men with beards and pillbox hats.

What's this all about? I really don't understand what their issue is, is it something related to jealousy? Muslims in Europe just seem to have a really bad attitude, and I don't think this is the case in all parts of the world.

I've moved to Canada since, and I've noticed most Muslims here have a noticeably better attitude, only about 1/10 have attitude problems.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Robert Plant - 12-17-2016

Re: Surreyman
I'm going to take an educated guess that European Muslims tend to be the poorest, least educated people in their societies and often come to the EU illegally because they have very little hope at home. This is similar to a lot of undocumented Latin American immigrants in the United States. It appears to me that Muslim Immigrants to Europe tend to be low-class and scraping by with all kinds of oddball jobs and often living on the edge of the law. In my experience, Muslim immigrants to the States tend to be hardworking, law abiding and integrated into society at large. The quote below from the US embassy confirms that Muslim immigrants to the states have solid education and work in professional jobs.

I think that the way to do immigration is to be selective about who gets in (based on education, skills etc., not country of origin) and you don't let too many people in at once. If done right, even immigrants from cultures vastly different than your own can integrate into your society and even enhance it. The problems happen when a massive flood of immigrants come in with no controls (e.g. Mexicans to the U.S. in the 1990s-2000s and Muslims to Europe now).

"The 2007 Pew survey found that Muslim Americans generally mirror the U.S. public in education and income levels, with immigrant Muslims slightly more affluent and better educated than native-born Muslims. Twenty-four percent of all Muslims and 29 percent of immigrant Muslims have college degrees, compared to 25 percent for the U.S. general population. Forty-one percent of all Muslim Americans and 45 percent of immigrant Muslims report annual household income levels of $50,000 or higher. This compares to the national average of 44 percent. Immigrant Muslims are well represented among higher-income earners, with 19 percent claiming annual household incomes of $100,000 or higher (compared to 16 percent for the Muslim population as a whole and 17 percent for the U.S. average). This is likely due to the strong concentration of Muslims in professional, managerial, and technical fields, especially in information technology, education, medicine, law, and the corporate world. There is some evidence of a decline in the wages of Muslim and Arab men since 2001, although more recent data suggest the trend might be reversing."

https://iraq.usembassy.gov/resources/inf...tical.html

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - txbeachbum - 12-18-2016

Miami, FL - Hands Down

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Surreyman - 12-20-2016

Quote: (12-17-2016 03:02 PM)Robert Plant Wrote:  

Re: Surreyman
I'm going to take an educated guess that European Muslims tend to be the poorest, least educated people in their societies and often come to the EU illegally because they have very little hope at home. This is similar to a lot of undocumented Latin American immigrants in the United States. It appears to me that Muslim Immigrants to Europe tend to be low-class and scraping by with all kinds of oddball jobs and often living on the edge of the law. In my experience, Muslim immigrants to the States tend to be hardworking, law abiding and integrated into society at large. The quote below from the US embassy confirms that Muslim immigrants to the states have solid education and work in professional jobs.

I think that the way to do immigration is to be selective about who gets in (based on education, skills etc., not country of origin) and you don't let too many people in at once. If done right, even immigrants from cultures vastly different than your own can integrate into your society and even enhance it. The problems happen when a massive flood of immigrants come in with no controls (e.g. Mexicans to the U.S. in the 1990s-2000s and Muslims to Europe now).

"The 2007 Pew survey found that Muslim Americans generally mirror the U.S. public in education and income levels, with immigrant Muslims slightly more affluent and better educated than native-born Muslims. Twenty-four percent of all Muslims and 29 percent of immigrant Muslims have college degrees, compared to 25 percent for the U.S. general population. Forty-one percent of all Muslim Americans and 45 percent of immigrant Muslims report annual household income levels of $50,000 or higher. This compares to the national average of 44 percent. Immigrant Muslims are well represented among higher-income earners, with 19 percent claiming annual household incomes of $100,000 or higher (compared to 16 percent for the Muslim population as a whole and 17 percent for the U.S. average). This is likely due to the strong concentration of Muslims in professional, managerial, and technical fields, especially in information technology, education, medicine, law, and the corporate world. There is some evidence of a decline in the wages of Muslim and Arab men since 2001, although more recent data suggest the trend might be reversing."

https://iraq.usembassy.gov/resources/inf...tical.html

That's interesting. Do you think Latin American illegals in the US dislike America? I don't understand why they would.