rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Long to Find a Wife?

How Long to Find a Wife?

I know not everyone here is lookin for a wife, but thats my goal.

I'm thinking of taking some time off to find someone. Either 7 months, or 14 months. (it works out this way due to my schedule)

Is 7 months, living in the Former Soviet Union, enough time to find someone of quality and marry them?

How Long to Find a Wife?

Daaamn son. With the divorce rate these days you're trusting that you'll be able to pick a wife in 7-14 months? My answer: Non of the above.

How Long to Find a Wife?

Quote: (01-27-2012 04:37 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Daaamn son. With the divorce rate these days you're trusting that you'll be able to pick a wife in 7-14 months? My answer: Non of the above.

Not really much else of a choice, the way I see it. I don't want to be living in the FSU for years just to find a wife. I got a career I want to work on as well. Sure, if I move there and work as an English teacher for 5 years I'd have all the time I need...but I'd be throwing away some amazing opportunities.
Is 7 months sufficient? Or do I need to put the rest of my life on hold for a full year?

How Long to Find a Wife?

How old are you if I may ask?

How Long to Find a Wife?

Quote: (01-27-2012 04:37 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

This. Bro, hate to rip into ya, but you must be one lonely motherfucker to even be asking this. I think you must have some deeper personal issues to work out before trying to find a wife in such a ridiculous timeframe. You must not realize it, but what you are asking is not logical. If you want a wife in 7-14 months I am sure you will find her. However, I highly doubt she will stick around much longer once she gets stateside.

If you are dead set on marrying a bitch in less than a year, you are on the wrong forum. You won't get the answers you are looking for around here bro.

How Long to Find a Wife?

Seconded. How old are you?

I would imagine that I would take one year off to date quite a few girls - as in dozens before I got exclusive for a while with one. Then you want to live together. Even then I don't think you'll really know her for a few years. It's a roll of the dice.

I am pretty sure if you are American you can only marry one foreign girl and get a green card for her for a period of 10 years. So choose wisely.

How Long to Find a Wife?

Quote: (01-27-2012 05:12 PM)Donald Duck Wrote:  

Hmm, I guess some background could help.

I was born in Central Europe and my parents moved to the States when I was younger, I never really adjusted very well. Now I've moved back to Central Europe, but I've missed out on a lot of experiences so I'm behind the curve.

I'm a smart guy (scored in the 98th percentile on the MCAT- thats better than the average at Harvard med school). However, I have no luck with girls. I didn't kiss my first girl till I was 21. I dated a total of 2 women: 1 for about 1 month, she was cute but had serious problems (mental, drug use, etc.) the other girl was a Ukrainian who was 35 and had 2 kids and was studying English for a year in the US.

I plan on doing med school in Central Europe so I'm not worried about the high divorce rate of the USA. I'm probably staying in Central Europe. I'm really interested in finding a girl from the FSU (former Soviet Union: Russia, Ukraine, etc.)

I have 3 options:

1. Spend from now until next fall in FSU, marry. Do 4 yr MD in Central Europe, starting next fall: graduate at 28( most people here graduate MD at 24)

2. Spend 1 year in the FSU, find wife. Start 4 yr MD in Central Europe in 1 yr time: graduate at 29
More difficulties with logistics (finances, delaying admission, etc.)

3. Find wife in Central Europe(not FSU, but my native country). Graduate MD at 30= Do 6 yr MD in native language so I can interact with the local students (4yr program is for foreigners). Hope I can find a girl here (its not nearly as easy to get a date here as compared to FSU. For example I get 8 replies for every 20 messages in FSU dating sites, 1 for every 20 here (I'm talking in the native language and on dating sites aimed at locals, not foreigners).

I think my best bet is the FSU for finding a wife. I don't have the finances to stay in school forever, so the sooner I start and finish the better. Considering that some guys come for a month and get married, is 7 months enough..or 14 is better.... or go for meeting someone in C. Europe (lower odds of success IMO.. my classmates would be 18 and I'd be 25..that age gap isn't as common here, unlike the FSU

How Long to Find a Wife?

Are you getting married because you believe in marriage or just because you want some pussy?

If you are old school and really believe in marriage and want to start family- till death do you part - go ahead. If it is just for the pussy, stop right now.

Either way, learning some game and getting experience with more women is essential IMHO.

How Long to Find a Wife?

Quote: (01-27-2012 06:08 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

Are you getting married because you believe in marriage or just because you want some pussy?

If you are old school and really believe in marriage and want to start family- till death do you part - go ahead. If it is just for the pussy, stop right now.

Either way, learning some game and getting experience with more women is essential IMHO.

If I wanted pussy, hookers are cheap here.
I'm a very traditional person and do want kids and a family.

I guess taking the 14 months would be best for learning some game. Tougher to pull off the logistics, but I'll have to work on it.

How Long to Find a Wife?

I'm looking to get hitched as well, but i'm 35. Pretty sure it will be a Ukrainian girl, but who knows. If that's what you want then fair play to you, personally I would prefer to build a strong relationship first before considering tying the knot.

I met a girl the other day, who at 20yrs old was recently divorced and got married when she was 16.

Ukraine has one of the highest divorce rates in Europe, coupled with one of the highest early marriages rates. If a girl is not married at 25 here, she's talk of the town.

How Long to Find a Wife?

Quote: (01-27-2012 05:56 PM)Spartan Wrote:  

I have no luck with girls.

You make your own luck. Get over that BS way of looking at your life. Forget about your past. You should look at yourself as 'born again' and go into full learning mode. Everything from your past is just that -- in the past. You're young and have plenty of time to build your lifestyle and master your game. If your heart strings are tugging, then go ahead and try to find a wife, but I don't see how anyone on this board could possibly tell you how long you'll need. Good luck and think real hard about this one before making a decision.

How Long to Find a Wife?

Adding to what durangotang wrote, I hope you're not getting married due to peer/social or family pressure as that's the worst reason to get married. You're still young, take your time, go live in Central Europe, you will meet so many chicks that you can't even imagine living in the US. Don't do anything now, wait till you get there, and you WILL meet tons of hot, sexy and smart girls. And when you do meet that special one, keep her there, do NOT bring her to the US under no circumstances. The society is fucked up, the laws are totally biased against us men and within a short period, she will be brainwashed by the feminazi and all the white knights. So keep that in mind. Relax, don't do anything stupid or jump into marriage with the first girl you meet. Take your time. Remember, we men, our value increases as we age like a good wine or a great painting. Unlike women who have an expiry date, we men don't, so keep that in mind at all times...[Image: wink.gif]

How Long to Find a Wife?

Quote: (01-27-2012 06:14 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

I have no luck with girls.

You make your own luck.

@ Deb Auchery
I'm encouraged by such stats. It makes me think I've got a chance of marrying a girl there. That's my biggest worry- the fear that I'll be alone forever. Perhaps I'm just a bit gloomy seeing as its cold and dark outside and I've got no friends or family where I'm at.

@ Smitty
Thats true, a good attitude is key. I spent the last 6 years on self-improvement and I've improved a lot, it's time to see the results now. Right now its- 1. get married, 2. med school, 3. family.

How Long to Find a Wife?

I was born in Central Europe and my parents moved to the States when I was younger, I never really adjusted very well. Now I've moved back to Central Europe, but I've missed out on a lot of experiences so I'm behind the curve.

I'm a smart guy (scored in the 98th percentile on the MCAT- thats better than the average at Harvard med school). However, I have no luck with girls. I didn't kiss my first girl till I was 21. I dated a total of 2 women: 1 for about 1 month, she was cute but had serious problems (mental, drug use, etc.) the other girl was a Ukrainian who was 35 and had 2 kids and was studying English for a year in the US.

I plan on doing med school in Central Europe so I'm not worried about the high divorce rate of the USA. I'm probably staying in Central Europe. I'm really interested in finding a girl from the FSU (former Soviet Union: Russia, Ukraine, etc.)

I have 3 options:

1. Spend from now until next fall in FSU, marry. Do 4 yr MD in Central Europe, starting next fall: graduate at 28( most people here graduate MD at 24)

2. Spend 1 year in the FSU, find wife. Start 4 yr MD in Central Europe in 1 yr time: graduate at 29

3. Find wife in Central Europe(not FSU, but my native country). Graduate MD at 30= Do 6 yr MD in native language so I can interact with the local students (4yr program is for foreigners). Hope I can find a girl here (its not nearly as easy to get a date here as compared to FSU. For example I get 8 replies for every 20 messages in FSU dating sites, 1 for every 20 here (I'm talking in the native language and on dating sites aimed at locals, not foreigners).

I think my best bet is the FSU for finding a wife. I don't have the finances to stay in school forever, so the sooner I start and finish the better. Considering that some guys come for a month and get married, is 7 months enough..or 14 is better.... or go for meeting someone in C. Europe (lower odds of success IMO.. my classmates would be 18 and I'd be 25..that age gap isn't as common here, unlike the FSU

I would NOT take time off from starting med school to find a wife. I would start med school as soon as possible and I bet you once you (start med school/ become a doctor) you will find your dating/marriage options open up a lot more. I don't think there is a profession in the world girls want to marry more than a doctor. Even being in med school will help out a lot with the ladies. You can look like Quasimodo and still pull girls once you're a doctor. I bet once you start school up and your dating life expands you'll forget all about taking time off to try and find a wife thing.

How Long to Find a Wife?

Quote: (01-27-2012 06:40 PM)BTman Wrote:  

I have 3 options:

I would NOT take time off from starting med school to find a wife. I would start med school as soon as possible and I bet you once you (start med school/ become a doctor) you will find your dating/marriage options open up a lot more. I don't think there is a profession in the world girls want to marry more than a doctor. Even being in med school will help out a lot with the ladies. You can look like Quasimodo and still pull girls once you're a doctor. I bet once you start school up and your dating life expands you'll forget all about taking time off to try and find a wife.

Wrong.
I'm already med school now and looking to take time off. Doctors make good $ in the states..they make average money here.

Also, I met doctors in the USA who were dateless. One Dr. was in the same PUA group as me. He told me how he too used to believe med school was #1 and would solve all his dating troubles. WRONG.

How Long to Find a Wife?

There are two factors that will help you land a quality wife, neither of which you have optimised at this point in your life.

1. Status - at 24 years old you have relatively low status for a man. You don't have financial resources and you're generally considered young, especially by the quality early twenties girls that you're looking to marry. The ones that have the maturity to settle down are generally looking for older men. This is especially true in your part of the world.

2. Game - you have limited experience with women. This is problematic for two reasons. One, you'll have trouble outcompeting other men for the best girls to marry leaving your options narrower. Two, you'll have trouble recognising a quality girl when you meet her. You're more likely to be fooled into commitment by girls of poor character or overlook girls of good character.

If you really, really want to settle down - and you're sure you're doing it for the right reasons (ie. it's the only life for you, you're sure because you've lived the alternative life for a while) wait until you're done with med school and have more status and experience.

Just my 2c.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

How Long to Find a Wife?

Just for good measure:

[Image: sol_access_chart.jpg]

Source: http://solomonreborn.wordpress.com/2011/...iage-zone/

The lesson here is that you're unlikely to get the best arrangement if you settle down before you're 28. Throw in the blindness caused by a lack of experience with women and you're headed for trouble. This is universal, by the way, even if the stakes are higher in the US than Central and Eastern Europe.

By the way, you worry about the age gap between your 18 year old classmates and your 25 year old self. That's nothing! In fact, it's ideal. Fuck whether it's common or not - with game you can easily pull that off. The operative part of that being 'with game' - work on your game, don't give yourself excuses not to. Even when you're married, you'll need game to make it work in the long-term. Marriage does not magically liberate you from the realities of the sexual market. Marriage means very little, even in your part of the world. Why not just go for a long-term relationship without tying the knot? Or if you're traditional, until you decide to have kids.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

How Long to Find a Wife?

Quote: (01-27-2012 06:52 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

There are two factors that will help you land a quality wife, neither of which you have optimised at this point in your life.

1. Status - at 24 years old you have relatively low status for a man. You don't have financial resources and you're generally considered young, especially by the quality early twenties girls that you're looking to marry.

2. Game - you have very limited experience with women. This is problematic for two reasons. One, you'll have trouble outcompeting other men for the best girls to marry leaving your options narrower. Two, you'll have trouble recognising a quality girl when you meet her. You're more likely to be fooled into commitment by girls of poor character or overlook girls of good character.

If you really, really want to settle down - and you're sure you're doing it for the right reasons (ie. it's the only life for you, you've lived the alternative life for a while) wait until you're done with med school and have more status and experience.

Just my 2c.

Fuck, I don't think I can stand being alone for another 5 years (4yr MD, + at least 1 yr residency)
Could you imagine spending the next 5 years of your life alone?

I do have money...a shit more than guys in the FSU and still above average for Central Europe.
Plus, from what I've seen the guys there don't have much game either (esp. the poorer industrial areas).

How Long to Find a Wife?

Spartan,

I think you're on the wrong forum because at this point it appears to me a lot of the contributors here are more interested in chasing pussy than they are a quality relationship.

We can talk all day about divorce rates and whatever else, but that really doesn't have anything to do with you.

The best thing to do is to find a woman who shares your values and wants the same goals as you do, i.e. a family, children, etc. If she's not a 10, so be it. Every motherfucker who's walking around with a chick on his arm, is not the hottest, richest, or coolest motherfucker and didn't necessarily run game to get her. Ultimately, he used what he did have to get what he wanted, and that was apparently enough.

Let your relationship be defined by what you two share mentally and then let the physical develop based off that. Don't let your relationship with a woman be defined by heat.

Unfortunately, to reach that level of mental connection, it is going to take more than your designated timetable. The first period of any relationship is both parties doing their damndest to put their best feet forward. We need time to see those other sides of a person that they don't really want us to see, andthat we don't really want them to show. It is these sides that we have to see because then and only then can we make a conscious, rational decision as to whether or not we can deal with said sides.

I personally believe it takes years to build a relationship. The decision to marry and build a family with a woman is really the biggest decision you will make in your life, thus, you should give yourself as much time as possible to feel confident that you are picking the right person to build with.

This is real man talk.

Dudes who say shit like they won't buy a woman dinner or they won't talk to a woman if she hasn't put out by the first date, those dudes act like they didn't have fathers or mothers. If any of them said that about one of our sisters, they'd be wearing at least one patch over their eye for several weeks.

But anyway, again, nothing wrong with what you want. While it's not necessarily for me, I will say don't let the game community dictate what it is you feel is best for you. At one time, this was really about dudes using attractive behavior to get with more quality -- at least from an attraction standpoint -- women and to have relationships -- doesn't necearrily mean marriage and kids -- with said women. Now it's more about dudes who can't get the high quality women, and for the time being have settled for fucking low quality women whom they can't stand.

How Long to Find a Wife?

Quote: (01-27-2012 06:59 PM)Spartan Wrote:  

Quote: (01-27-2012 06:52 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

1. Status - at 24 years old you have relatively low status for a man. You don't have financial resources and you're generally considered young, especially by the quality early twenties girls that you're looking to marry.

2. Game - you have very limited experience with women. This is problematic for two reasons. One, you'll have trouble outcompeting other men for the best girls to marry leaving your options narrower. Two, you'll have trouble recognising a quality girl when you meet her. You're more likely to be fooled into commitment by girls of poor character or overlook girls of good character.

If you really, really want to settle down - and you're sure you're doing it for the right reasons (ie. it's the only life for you, you've lived the alternative life for a while) wait until you're done with med school and have more status and experience.

Just my 2c.

Fuck, I don't think I can stand being alone for another 5 years (4yr MD, + at least 1 yr residency)

I do have money...a shit more than guys in the FSU and still above average for Central Europe.
Plus, from what I've seen the guys there don't have much game either (esp. the poorer industrial areas).

No one is saying you should be alone.

You're setting up a false choice between getting married or being alone. What about slamming different girls while you're doing med school? What about just getting into an LTR but not getting married? I believe in love and quality relationships. Those can exist outside of being married. In fact, not being married is more conducive to loving, giving relationships. You'll want to get to know a girl before you tie the knot. That takes time. Otherwise you're in for surprises down the road.

If you don't find a way to snap out of this negative way of seeing things you will not make any progress.

Game is about maximising your options. That's all. It's none of my business whether you use it to get married. All I'm saying is that if you want the most out of life you should learn some game. The only way to learn it is through practise. It's tough, but it yields results towards achieving whatever goal you're seeking.

How Long to Find a Wife?

Quote: (01-27-2012 06:59 PM)Spartan Wrote:  

There are worst things than being alone.

Getting married is easy. Making it work not so easy. I don't see how you will have time to make a marriage work with what you have to go through in order to be a doctor.

You really think a woman will just lay around all day with her legs spread waiting for you? She will get attention from someone.

Basically, you are trying to take the easy way out. You suck at getting girls so you want to marry one and have the pussy on demand. The problem is you won't be able to keep her.

Better for you to work on your career and your social skills with women. You are doing something out of desperation and that will always be a recipe for disaster.

How Long to Find a Wife?

You're an idiot. How will you screen wife material? You lack experience with woman. First fuck at least two digits women. Then you are able to choose. If you marry w/out experience you will only find a good wife by luck. Don't try to please women. Do what you want. If you wanna fuck a girl go and tell 50 girls you want to fuck them. One will accept. Repeat the process. There's a thread called How no to become a mysoginist you might want. A player is not something more than a guy who approach like a dog on heat. Approach like if fucking would be the only thing that kept you Alive. When you're well fed then choose a decent girl.

How Long to Find a Wife?

PERHAPS I NEED TO REFOCUS THE QUESTION:

Can I find someone in 7 months in the FSU?
Will 14 months improve the quality of the girl I can marry enough to warrant extra logistics hassle?

I'm gonna do whatever it takes.

How Long to Find a Wife?

Spartan, 14 YEARS would improve the quality of girl you could marry. If you are young, talented, kind, and truly believe in a life partnership, I'm here to warn you that the Western legal system of marriage will make a mockery of your values and leave you one bitter motherfucker.

Take it from... one bitter motherfucker.

I was by just about any account the best husband I could be: permissive, kind, understanding, wealthy, successful, all the crap you're supposed to be, and I was left out of the blue after 19 years holding half my assets and half my retirement. At 24, you don't know who YOU are, and I guarantee the woman you marry won't have any clue whatsoever who she is, and when she decides she wants to be something else after 20 years, it will kill you.

Sorry. I know that's not what you want to hear. You know you're going to find The One, and she will be faithful and good, and so will you. 'Cause I knew that when I got married too.

How Long to Find a Wife?

Quote: (01-27-2012 07:49 PM)Spartan Wrote:  

PERHAPS I NEED TO REFOCUS THE QUESTION:

Can I find someone in 7 months in the FSU?
Will 14 months improve the quality of the girl I can marry enough to warrant extra logistics hassle?

I'm gonna do whatever it takes.

I don't understand. You have no luck at dating but think you will get married, to a quality girl, within 7 to 14 months.

Let me know how that works out for ya.