rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wedding game

Wedding game

Hi
I'm headed to a wedding for a college friend this weekend. My wedding history is pretty short: I've only been to family (Indian) or tame weddings to date.

This may sound naive of me, but I think meeting girls at a wedding should be relatively easy. Everyone is there for the same event so there is an inherent element of familiarity, everyone is in a relatively good mood, and most people will be enjoying a few cocktails. Tack on the prom-like theme, where girls get dressed up and expect attention.

I'm curious though: what's an appropriate and effective time to approach? Any suggestions on transitioning from the ceremony to the reception?

Wedding game

I'm going to a wedding this weekend. I'll be keeping I an eye this thread.

I'd say isolation is very important, because her friends and family are there.

Wedding game

This is one of the many reasons that I am glad that I am single, I totally missed wedding season.

Wedding game

Quote: (08-20-2009 10:17 AM)thedian9582 Wrote:  

Hi
I'm headed to a wedding for a college friend this weekend. My wedding history is pretty short: I've only been to Indian weddings to date.

Any suggestions on transitioning from the ceremony to the reception?

take your Shirley Temple
and masturbate in
the men's room [Image: blush.gif]

Wedding game

Wedding are either super good (younger bride) or horrible (older bride).

Good ones are some of the easiest Game you will encounter.

Approach early and often.

If you do, you should be banging out a girl before this track gets played the second time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy-huQAMPQA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfLEc09tTjI

And (if at a white wedding) before the dance floor turns into an awkward chop shop.

(When I say "white wedding", I don't mean that Billy Idol track. I mean non-latino, non black wedding)

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

Wedding game

Ya, white girls get the most emotional at weddings, making them easier targets.

Wedding game

My best friends wedding a few years ago the fucking bartender called me out. I was running game on three of the brides maids and the bitch bartender called me out in front of them saying "Someone is trying to hook up."

They giggled and took off, but it caught me off guard. Learn from my mistake.

Wedding game

"the fucking bartender called me out."

If it was a guy bartender, feel free to hit him over the head with a bottle of Goose.

-MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

Wedding game

Would it better to roll dolo to a wedding for gaming purposes or would it make you look like a loser?

I have a wedding this weekend. That's why I'm asking. LOL

Team Nachos

Wedding game

Quote: (09-09-2011 11:31 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Would it better to roll dolo to a wedding for gaming purposes or would it make you look like a loser?

Absofuckinglutely dolo. You want to be the single, "eligible" bachelor.

Of course, be sure to be the best-dressed dude (outside of the tuxes) there.

Wedding game

Well I'm in the wedding party so I'll be in a tux. I'd really like get a new suit now that you mention it.

Team Nachos

Wedding game

The biggest hurdle for an average guy at an average wedding is not competition (lots of fools bring dates; I've been to a dozen weddings and brought a date once, to my sister's wedding) or cockblocking (Trotter's bartender occurrence...generally the bride, groom and all important parties are too tied up in the affair to keep an eye on everyone's doings), it's two things;

1) Always ask her age, don't ask me how I found this out the hard way. I will not give you details, but let's just say fathers and mothers spare no expense on the dresses of their 15 year old daughters on an affair as important as a wedding and don't mind if they dance and flirt a little.

I'm not on a registry...but I came pretty damn close.

2) Overdrinking. Every wedding I ever went to save for the most recent (and it was a laughably low-rent affair) had open bar. That, combined with the joy of the day and plenty of friends typically means that there's going to be pressures to drink, and you'd be surprised how fast you can put the drinks back when all they cost you is a $20 tip upfront. ALWAYS grease the bartender, even if you don't plan on having too much; they won't ruin your flow (like they did Trotter, and I'm not saying he didn't grease properly) and they'll serve you quick and with a smile.

That said, don't get too drunk and make an ass out of yourself. I've had receptions where I did this and I came away empty-handed, and I've had receptions where I kept it maintained and I was able to scoop myself up something nice for the end of the night.

My magic number, given that a large wedding has the average reception length of 4.5-6 hours, is one cocktail or glass of wine an hour (I'm a pretty big guy who can hold my liquor, so calibrate accordingly). Avoid beer unless you want to be yawning and shit.

Wedding game

Wedding game is the easiest to run. In my experience, girls are so much easier to open there, especially if they aren't involved with the wedding ceremonies.

Like a few others have mentioned, isolating is the key. I think once you have this down, you can take it in any direction you want.

Being the sharpest dressed one there doesn't hurt either, and Gman can help you out with this part easily I'm sure.

Wedding game

Quote: (09-09-2011 01:17 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

The biggest hurdle for an average guy at an average wedding is not competition (lots of fools bring dates; I've been to a dozen weddings and brought a date once, to my sister's wedding) or cockblocking (Trotter's bartender occurrence...generally the bride, groom and all important parties are too tied up in the affair to keep an eye on everyone's doings), it's two things;

1) Always ask her age, don't ask me how I found this out the hard way. I will not give you details, but let's just say fathers and mothers spare no expense on the dresses of their 15 year old daughters on an affair as important as a wedding and don't mind if they dance and flirt a little.

2) Overdrinking. Every wedding I ever went to save for the most recent (and it was a laughably low-rent affair) had open bar. That, combined with the joy of the day and plenty of friends typically means that there's going to be pressures to drink, and you'd be surprised how fast you can put the drinks back when all they cost you is a $20 tip upfront. ALWAYS grease the bartender, even if you don't plan on having too much; they won't ruin your flow (like they did Trotter, and I'm not saying he didn't grease properly) and they'll serve you quick and with a smile.

That said, don't get too drunk and make an ass out of yourself. I've had receptions where I did this and I came away empty-handed, and I've had receptions where I kept it maintained and I was able to scoop myself up something nice for the end of the night.

My magic number, given that a large wedding has the average reception length of 4.5-6 hours, is one cocktail or glass of wine an hour (I'm a pretty big guy who can hold my liquor, so calibrate accordingly). Avoid beer unless you want to be yawning and shit.

What Nonpareil said is huge. I cost myself notches before at weddings b/c of this, especially when you're in the wedding party as a groomsmen. Shots, toasts, drinks with family and old family friends. Before you know it you're wasted and running 'wasted I Don't Give a Fuck' game. Never ends well.

Overall just be the man at the wedding. Some ppl will recommend laying in the shadows and being stealth, but I think it's better to stand out and have everyone want to get to know you. Make a toast to the couple, say hi to babies, dance with little kids (in view of hot girls you want to go after), tell some ridiculous stories, have fun on the dance floor, etc.

Also, since you're in the wedding party as a groomsman you will have high value at the wedding. You can just go up to girls you wanna go after and tell them, "You crashed this wedding, didn't you? I've known Mark and Jessica forever and they put me in charge of finding and kicking out crashers..." All said with a smirk while your custom suited down (a la G-Manifesto) of course.

The groom probably gave you guys some oversized joker suits (as is the custom nowadays), so try and get it tailored as best as possible. You want to look the best, even better than the groom.

Wedding game

Quote: (09-09-2011 02:01 PM)El Rey Wrote:  

Quote: (09-09-2011 01:17 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

What Nonpareil said is huge. I cost myself notches before at weddings b/c of this, especially when you're in the wedding party as a groomsmen. Shots, toasts, drinks with family and old family friends. Before you know it you're wasted and running 'wasted I Don't Give a Fuck' game. Never ends well.

Overall just be the man at the wedding. Some ppl will recommend laying in the shadows and being stealth, but I think it's better to stand out and have everyone want to get to know you. Make a toast to the couple, say hi to babies, dance with little kids (in view of hot girls you want to go after), tell some ridiculous stories, have fun on the dance floor, etc.

Also, since you're in the wedding party as a groomsman you will have high value at the wedding. You can just go up to girls you wanna go after and tell them, "You crashed this wedding, didn't you? I've known Mark and Jessica forever and they put me in charge of finding and kicking out crashers..." All said with a smirk while your custom suited down (a la G-Manifesto) of course.

The groom probably gave you guys some oversized joker suits (as is the custom nowadays), so try and get it tailored as best as possible. You want to look the best, even better than the groom.

This is it right here. Be that guy and you will win over everyone including all the fly girls. That's how I did it at the last wedding I went to.

Wedding game

Thanks fellas. I'll have a hottie on my arm though. Not a GF.

I used to bang her best friend though last year. [Image: wink.gif]

Team Nachos

Wedding game

I went to a wedding a few months ago. I had my eyes peeled, my wing is a fellow wolf and we went out for blood.
I opened up on one of the caterers (DOA) and I hit up one of the bride's lizard friends.
I don't know if there is any rule per se, maybe you could just say, wow, she looks so happy and keep feeding your target wedding booze, soften her up and try and penetrate in some private quarters.

Locate, isolate and penetrate (IMO).

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Wedding game

Quote: (09-09-2011 02:43 PM)Moma Wrote:  

I went to a wedding a few months ago. I had my eyes peeled, my wing is a fellow wolf and we went out for blood.
I opened up on one of the caterers (DOA) and I hit up one of the bride's lizard friends.
I don't know if there is any rule per se, maybe you could just say, wow, she looks so happy and keep feeding your target wedding booze, soften her up and try and penetrate in some private quarters.

Locate, isolate and penetrate (IMO).

LIP service Moma? hahaha

Team Nachos

Wedding game

"ALWAYS grease the bartender"

Great advice Nonpareil.

In fact, I will go as far to say is that Grease works even better when there is an Open Bar.

Counter intuitive, I know, but the best moves usually are.

Always be The Contrarian in The Game of Life.

As far as rolling Dolo:

Do it.

Weddings are the easiest place in the world to open up conversations.

The classic, "How do you know the bride and groom?" is so goddamn functional that is should go into The Hall of Fame of openers.

Wedding game

So here's my after wedding summary...

Spent the night before hanging out and drinking with the men of the wedding party.
Lot of drunken debauchery going on. Good times.

At the wedding...
I probably over-drank a little. Those goddam shots everyone wants to do. Hard to avoid.
But... if you wait until a few pretty ones are congregated at the bar then approach and ask them
to join you or your friends in a round a round of shots, you'll definitely get some conversation.

Of course followed by, "So how do you know the bride and groom". Great opener. I just never thought
of it in that context before. I used another one a few times that's a spin off of asking for her age.
I asked, "Are you sure you're old enough to be at the bar?" ..."Let me see some ID", with a laugh of course.
Good thing I asked because two of them were 19. Not that I feel that is too young to bang or anything. I just
knew they weren't there alone and family was probably watching. One girl was the groom's niece.

So I started talking to a few girls after doing shots and I came up with a great number close method.
I said, "Listen we're all going to Atlantic City(or wherever ...club, bar, event) probably in a few weeks. You should
come out with us." Their eyes lit up to a fun group outing invite. I followed up with "What's your number?"
I know it sounds like I'm getting it under false pretenses but whatever. A number is a number. I'll work it from there.

If you want girls to dance, request lots of hip hop from the DJ. They go crazy and drag each other out there.

Don't forget to go outside and hang with the smokers. Lots of good opportunity to game out there. No music.
Easy to talk to girls you've done shots with at the bar. Tell some jokes or old stories about the bride and groom.

So after dancing like an idiot and running "Open bar game" I scored 3 phone numbers. We shall see if they
yield any poon sometime soon.

Team Nachos

Wedding game

I've got a wedding coming up in October, and another in November. I'm the best man in both... that should work to my advantage. One wedding I have no idea if any of the girls will be bangable, but I'm not a huge fan of the bride in the other one, so I'm going to try to bang all four of her bridesmaids, even the married one for good measure.

Wedding game

Wedding game tips.
1: Intel. Find out which hotels the out of towners are staying in.
2:Find the biggest group staying in the hotel to after party with.
3:This gives girls a reason to drink and they are enchanted at the same time so go for the SNL don't bother with digits.
4:Look who goes up to catch the boquet. Those are the targets. Usually the one who fights for it is DTF.
5:No shots for you. No shots for her. I've lost lays from girls puked out. Mixed drinks work just fine.
6:Mingle at all the tables to find the sleeper lays. Some girls won't drink or dance.
7: Tell all the old ladies you want to get married they will cherry pic single girls for you.

Wedding game

4b: And for the love of god, don't dive for the garter.

Wedding game

Jesus fellas. One of my high school best mates is going under the knif.. i mean getting hitched tonight and I just put a paragraph of this stuff in Evernote for later.

Wedding game

Someone mentioned the caterers as targets. Good choice. Waitresses and bartenders are also high on my list. It's so easy to game them and from my experience they are usually open to being gamed. I guess if you go to a 100k wedding that may not be so.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock