rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If You Could Choose Two Cities To Live During The Year, Which Two Would You Pick?

If You Could Choose Two Cities To Live During The Year, Which Two Would You Pick?

Over most of my life, I have been in search of the "perfect city" or place to move to and live.

After banging my head against the wall, I have finally figured it out, there is no "perfect place" or at least, I haven't found it.

What I do think however is that if you pick two cities for spending part of the year in each, you can do pretty damn well.

I am interested in what your guys opinions are for two cities, anywhere in the world you could choose.

Keep it limited to two cities for this exercise.

List them and give reasoning behind the choices.

I will start it off:

Lately I am really feeling this combo lately:

Wintertime: Miami

Great weather without the Draconian Police State of California. Great geographical location for "stab outs" to South America and Europe. Close to NYC as well. Fly girls. Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach close by. Both places are like taking candy from a baby.

Summertime: Montreal

Dope as hell spot. Only downside is the weather. In summer: Problem Solved. Close to NYC. Europe.

Alternate Summer Choice: A city in Coastal Spain, not exactly sure which one yet. (And after a summer trip to both coasts, I am still not sure which coast).

Better weather than California in summer, surfing, topless girls and close to make attack moves to Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Montenegro etc. Epic grinds and beaches with phenomenal lifestyle to boot.

What are your guys take on this?

Medellin, Colombia

Great weather, hot girls

Coastal Brazilian City - not sure where exactly.

Winter: San Francisco. Highly walkable, lots of culture, great restaurants, jazz clubs (even saw the master of funk, George Clinton, at Yoshi's), diverse landscape (ocean or trails), lots of good looking chicks who are less bitchy (to me, anyway) than in other cities, plenty of hot sluts in the Marina, and lots of starving artists/wannabe bohemians working as baristas, cops wont' bust you for smoking a j, top quality molly if you make good connections with the Chinese.

I know this is a game site, but access to museums, jazz clubs, and good food are as much (more, in the aggregate) than getting sex.

Then again, I have never been to Montreal. Do it beat out S.F. for good food, music, etc.?

Summer: Las Vegas. Vegas is underrated. http://dangerandplay.wordpress.com/2011/...las-vegas/

I haven't been to Coastal Spain. Gonna check it eventually.

I've never been to a city with a better climate than Medellin. Means a lot if you grew up in a place with shit weather. Personally, I wouldn't want to live anywhere cold ever again.

I would stay in a city or island in the Philippines (Boracay, Davao City) or Vietnam to satiate my lust for young Asian girls.
Then I would head back to either a second tier city in Colombia (i.e. Bucaramanga), or a Northeast coastal city in Brazil, like Joao Pessoa or Natal, to be back with my beloved latinas.

Quote: (01-06-2012 06:28 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Over most of my life, I have been in search of the "perfect city" or place to move to and live.

After banging my head against the wall, I have finally figured it out, there is no "perfect place" or at least, I haven't found it.

What I do think however is that if you pick two cities for spending part of the year in each, you can do pretty damn well.

I am interested in what your guys opinions are for two cities, anywhere in the world you could choose.

I will start it off:

Great weather without the Draconian Police State of California. Great geographical location for "stab outs" to South America and Europe. Close to NYC as well. Fly girls. Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach close by. Both places are like taking candy from a baby.

Dope as hell spot. Only downside is the weather. In summer: Problem Solved. Close to NYC. Europe.

Alternate Summer Choice: A city in Coastal Spain, not exactly sure which one yet. (And after a summer trip to both coasts, I am still not sure which coast).

Better weather than California in summer, surfing, topless girls and close to make attack moves to Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Montenegro etc. Epic grinds and beaches with phenomenal lifestyle to boot.

Summertime: Montreal (my data sheet discusses this).

Wintertime: Brazil (Rio or Florianopolis)

I think Miami is overrated, personally. That shit gets old quick. It's a great city to swing through for partying, but I don't find it has much going on culturally to stimulate me beyond a few days. I'd prefer to fly down and go hard for a long weekend and then leave.

I think the southern hemisphere is where it's at during wintertime up north. That's the perfect time to be in South America and I think Brazil is just fucking gangster. It has that West Coast swagger but a totally different culture. Great combo.

I hear you on the alternate choice. I fucks with Spain real hard. I love Barcelona. I also love how convenient Europe is for traveling. You can hop over to mad countries on like a 2-3 hr flight. Maybe break up the summer for a split between Spain and Montreal.

No perfect all-around city, though Barcelona comes close.

NYC and Buenos Aires during their respective warm months. Both world class cities with fly girls and mad culture. If you get a craving for the beach you can always swing by Punta when your in BsA. Can't say the same for the Hamptons though. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Quote: (01-07-2012 04:28 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

NYC and Buenos Aires during their respective warm months. Both world class cities with fly girls and mad culture. If you get a craving for the beach you can always swing by Punta when your in BsA. Can't say the same for the Hamptons though. [Image: dodgy.gif]

That's a good combo.

Quote: (01-07-2012 03:57 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (01-06-2012 06:28 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I will start it off:

Summertime: Montreal (my data sheet discusses this).

Wintertime: Brazil (Rio or Florianopolis)

I think Miami is overrated, personally. That shit gets old quick. It's a great city to swing through for partying, but I don't find it has much going on culturally to stimulate me beyond a few days. I'd prefer to fly down and go hard for a long weekend and then leave.

I think the southern hemisphere is where it's at during wintertime up north. That's the perfect time to be in South America and I think Brazil is just fucking gangster. It has that West Coast swagger but a totally different culture. Great combo.

I hear you on the alternate choice. I fucks with Spain real hard. I love Barcelona. I also love how convenient Europe is for traveling. You can hop over to mad countries on like a 2-3 hr flight. Maybe break up the summer for a split between Spain and Montreal.

No perfect all-around city, though Barcelona comes close.

Yeah, certain "combos" work well together.

That is why The Miami - Montreal combo seems so air tight.

The worst time of Montreal (winter) is the best time of Miami.

And the worst time of Miami (June, July, Aug, Sept) is the best time in Montreal.

Endless summer of Swooping!

8 months Miami, 4 Months Montreal.

Plus I like that you get in the French swoops and the latina swoops. Hard to beat.

I really think the geographic location is the kicker. Easy to attack other places.

I have finally realized that basing my self out of California for all these years has been self torture for traveling.

For travel, a California base is ok if you're into to trips to Mexico, to Hawaii, and maybe Asia.
For Europe, South America, and Middle East it's not convenient.

What is the cost of living like in Montreal?

Stockholm (Summer) - Great small city with a great vibe. Also they have long summer days, the first visit I got freaked out by the sun coming up at 4.00am. I would be willingly to make a small bet if G Manifesto or Hen Cassanova made a visit they would change there selection.

Santo Domingo (Winter) - personally I found this Island to be the best for women in the Caribbean, you also have the added bonus of crossing the border to Haiti. The city has alot to discover, I recall getting a haircut for $1.50 and the barber walking me to the door thanking me because I gave him $5. (FYI - I am a baldie).

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (01-07-2012 12:34 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

For travel, a California base is ok if you're into to trips to Mexico, to Hawaii, and maybe Asia.

It's real good for Norte Baja, however a ton of Mex can be reached easier from Miami.

Hawaii is still 5 hours away.

Asia is what, 20 hours from California? And 25 from the East coast?

Either way your f*cked.

As far a cost of living in Montreal, I think it depends on the dollar. I think it was cheap back in the day.

Now it seems like on par with a major US city, ie Chicago, LA, SD, Miami etc.

Didn't seem bad at all. Its certainly not a London, Sydney, Dublin or NYC.

Keep in mind, I am not an expert on such matters.

Good topic.

Tough choices... NYC is a for sure for me, but hard to choose just 1 more. It would be between a long list for me: Miami, Buenos Aires, Rio/SP, Stockholm, Montreal, Paris, Beirut

Quote: (01-07-2012 12:34 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

For Europe, South America, and Middle East it's not convenient.

What is the cost of living like in Montreal?

The cost of living in Montreal is very reasonable, especially for a major city of its stature. Even within Canada, it falls behind Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary.

Quote: (01-07-2012 12:50 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Stockholm (Summer) - Great small city with a great vibe. Also they have long summer days, the first visit I got freaked out by the sun coming up at 4.00am. I would be willingly to make a small bet if G Manifesto or Hen Cassanova made a visit they would change there selection.

Stockholm is definitely on my list bro. In fact, I think I might hit that up this summer, in addition to Montreal. What makes Montreal so dope though is it's just several hours away by car from NYC. It's in our backyard. You can't beat that logistics wise.

Quote: (01-07-2012 12:50 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Santo Domingo (Winter) - personally I found this Island to be the best for women in the Caribbean, you also have the added bonus of crossing the border to Haiti. The city has alot to discover, I recall getting a haircut for $1.50 and the barber walking me to the door thanking me because I gave him $5. (FYI - I am a baldie).

That's funny what you say about haircuts. Panama is similar. I was paying like $2-3 for them from cats who were nice with the clippers. I had some ill shapeups. I wonder what DR would be like for a dark man like myself though. I've had success with DR chicks abroad, so I plan to visit the island sometime to find out. I've heard many crazy stories about people with dark skin though.

[quote] (01-07-2012 11:46 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

[quote='Hencredible Casanova' pid='140227' dateline='1325926620']
[quote='thegmanifesto' pid='140037' dateline='1325892521']

And the worst time of Miami (June, July, Aug, Sept) is the best time in Montreal.

Plus I like that you get in the French swoops and the latina swoops. Hard to beat.

I really think the geographic location is the kicker. Easy to attack other places.

I have finally realized that basing my self out of California for all these years has been self torture for traveling.[/quote]

G- Don't you think you would get sick of Miami for 8 months though? It's a great city to visit and a nice place to play with some money but it does get old. I dated a girl from there in an LTR and she hates it. I got a homeboy who lives right on South Beach and is dying to leave. Beyond partying, there's really nothing else to do. Cali, on the other hand, has a lot more things besides partying to keep you stimulated, even if it's far. But maybe since you're a west coast guy you might have a different take on the experience of living in Miami. For me, it's just not a thorough city, as in, having important things to do outside of nightlife.

I think Miami is a good place to party hard and drop some cash on a short trip (a week at most).

Weather-wise it's a great combo as you've said.

now why would anybody choose miami over medellin or many othere city's in latin america. if you drove a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro in medellin you would fuck the same quality chicks a rap star is boning in miami. i guess the only reason is if your black i would choose miami since they get way more love there then most latin america but that's the only reason i can think of. average hight in colombia is is 5 ft 7 incnes in the u.s a white male is average 5 ft 10 1⁄2 in just by height you have a huge advantage.

Quote: (01-07-2012 03:14 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

(01-07-2012, 08:57 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  [quote='thegmanifesto' pid='140037' dateline='1325892521']

I have finally realized that basing my self out of California for all these years has been self torture for traveling.

G- Don't you think you would get sick of Miami for 8 months though? It's a great city to visit and a nice place to play with some money but it does get old. I dated a girl from there in an LTR and she hates it. I got a homeboy who lives right on South Beach and is dying to leave. Beyond partying, there's really nothing else to do. Cali, on the other hand, has a lot more things besides partying to keep you stimulated, even if it's far. But maybe since you're a west coast guy you might have a different take on the experience of living in Miami. For me, it's just not a thorough city, as in, having important things to do outside of nightlife.

I think Miami is a good place to party hard and drop some cash on a short trip (a week at most).

I guess only time will tell.

I am going to give it a shot, nothing is permanent.

And keep in mind, it is not like I will be there 8 months straight. I anticipate at minimum, 3 months of those spent in South America or Europe. Miami is just a "base".

I am actually a pretty simple cat at heart. If I can go out, swoop some fly girls, make cash, roll to the beach and box, I am happy.

I don't play golf, snowboard or rock climb or some bullsh*t.

Another thing I like about Miami is you can swoop girls from Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela etc. In each South American city, you are getting only the girls from that country.

Not to mention the connections you can meet in Miami. If you spend 8 months there, you have connections all over the world.

I actually like living in a few block radius and locking down a hood, I hate driving and being all over town.

When I am in LA I stay put in my hood. Same when I am in San Diego. I rarely go further than a $15 cab ride.

Miami in winter is tough to beat. If you like beaches, I cant see how anything can really be much better then LA or SD in summertime. Four months of CA is probably just the right amount. A nice pad in Santa Monica or La Jolla would be a sick summertime setup.

Brian -

"I cant see how anything can really be much better then LA or SD in summertime."

That is what I always thought, and there is a lot of truth to it.

However, Coastal Spain in my opinion surpasses it.

I have lived in La Jolla for multiple years and Santa Monica so I think I have some perspective on the matter.

Spain has over Calfornia:

Better weather. Straight up, every single day on the Med of June and July was pinned between 80-83 and sunny without a cloud in the sky. Diego was in June gloom. And July has been awful the last few years.

Equal or better beaches for beauty.

Better restaurants.

More liberal smoking laws

More liberal drinking laws - Straight up no comparison here. Spain treats California like rape victim on this front.

Topless Girls - need I say more?

Summertime festivals - California has nothing in the same universe to compare here. The stuff that goes on in Spanish festivals would give you 25 to life in CA.

Positive Energy - Spain is alight with energy in Summer. Hell, you will see fly girl after fly girl in the Barcelona airport alone that will dominate girls in CA in all but the best clubs. And it's a goddamn airport.

More freedom - California is eating its own young with the Police State.

Equal to better waves for surfing in summertime - really depends on where you are. But at least equal.

California is goose is cooked in my eyes. There is really no purpose in coming here unless you want to work in Hollywood (probably the wackest thing on earth) or Silicon Valley. Or maybe get a meal in SF.

Never been to Barcelona in summer so I'll defer to you. Enjoyed it in winter though so I'm sure its even better in Summer. And June gloom can be a bitch.

Quote: (01-07-2012 03:27 PM)latinapuslover Wrote:  

now why would anybody choose miami over medellin or many othere city's in latin america. if you drove a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro in medellin you would fuck the same quality chicks a rap star is boning in miami. i guess the only reason is if your black i would choose miami since they get way more love there then most latin america but that's the only reason i can think of. average hight in colombia is is 5 ft 7 incnes in the u.s a white male is average 5 ft 10 1⁄2 in just by height you have a huge advantage.

It seems like in latin america/US evertyhing has to be related to where you from and/or which color you are..If it's the case i find it a bit messed up!!
I did barcelona,istanbul,morocco,thailand, and most countries in europe, exepct scandinavia, and i never really asked myself if i should go there because i am black..Peeps should stay home if they too scared to travel abroad coz of their skin colour otherwise they would get way to paranoid to fully enjoy the pussies.In E.U for instance, some crowds may ask silly question times to times but mostly out of curiousity or by ignorance,there is still big time racists tho,but nothing to be scared shitless.It probably has been said before but if you're clean cut and act like a civilized dude then your "exotism" should do the rest and will a very poweful W.M.D almost anywhere.I am french....................................and black[Image: cool.gif]
Europe is a gold mine for swaggers(from whatever background!!)

Cities will like to live during the year
Quebec/montreal:
never been but i heard good things about these cities(chickwise,winter sport),and they speak french (easier to integrate and find work)

Goetborg/stockholm:
coz a group of nordic girls(maybe swedish i just guessed)couldn't keep their eyes off me in saint michel(paris metro).It was probably a small apetizer of what i could really get there.

Nairobi(kenya)
:i d'like to bang them beautiful chicks in the savanah with lions and tigers rooring in the background(just a fantasy)[Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]

Quote: (01-07-2012 04:28 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

BA/NYC is not bad but you've got to like hot, humid urban jungle kind of environments if you're doing it in each place's summer. For me the downside of that, at least in BA is a lot of the hottest girls have gotten out of dodge (to Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Mar del Plata, wherever) for summer. Probably same in NYC (hamptons, fire island, all that crap). On the other hand, if you mean spring/fall.. would be good

Assuming money is not an obstacle and I am absolutely limited to just two places:

Montreal (Summer): I hear nothing but good things about this place, though I've only personally been there once. I can hop to other Canadian cities or NYC easily by car or plane too if I feel like it.

Barcelona (Winter, plus most of Fall and Spring): Fantastic weather plus close proximity to other cities in Europe. I can hop to London, Paris or Stockholm on weekends if I feel like it. There is also a ton of international talent (my school sends hundreds of kids over there on exchange programs every year, and I know it isn't the only one-most of them go in Winter). A sick pad and a car here would make pulling these exchange girls stupidly easy.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (01-07-2012 04:05 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

[quote] (01-07-2012 03:14 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

(01-07-2012, 08:57 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  [quote='thegmanifesto' pid='140037' dateline='1325892521']

I guess only time will tell.

I am going to give it a shot, nothing is permanent.

And keep in mind, it is not like I will be there 8 months straight. I anticipate at minimum, 3 months of those spent in South America or Europe. Miami is just a "base".

I am actually a pretty simple cat at heart. If I can go out, swoop some fly girls, make cash, roll to the beach and box, I am happy.

I don't play golf, snowboard or rock climb or some bullsh*t.

Another thing I like about Miami is you can swoop girls from Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela etc. In each South American city, you are getting only the girls from that country.

Not to mention the connections you can meet in Miami. If you spend 8 months there, you have connections all over the world.

I actually like living in a few block radius and locking down a hood, I hate driving and being all over town.

When I am in LA I stay put in my hood. Same when I am in San Diego. I rarely go further than a $15 cab ride.[/quote]

Very good points. I see what you're saying. Miami is an ill place to make attack moves in the Caribbean and Latin America for sure. Great base for hitting up those destinations. NYC and the rest of the east coast is within easy flight time as well.

Very true about the contacts. You can swoop fly latinas from every tribe, and there's mad breaded Europeans and Jewish folks in North Miami Beach.

Definitely worth a shot now that you put it that way. Could be the perfect recipe for the G.