rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

HotorNot and other Rating Sites?

OKCupid.com/mybestface is an easy web application to rate your photos. I don't understand the scale of their ratings, but it certainly helped identify by best photos versus the competition.

Here is a hint. You can download Google Picassa free, and use it to crop, contrast- and color-adjust your photos. A little post-processing can dramatically improve your pictures. For example, a dark picture with a distracting background and ugly friends can become a lighter, cropped close-up picture.

Can someone explain how to use HotorNot, or recommend other sites? The photos on HotorNot.com or much better than dating sites. The ratings also seem inflated, where average girls get 9/10. Has HotorNot been corrupted by flattering betas, who rate a girl highly and then message her? I need reliable feedback for myself.

I got 9/10 on most of my HotorNot pictures, and I'd consider myself a 7. Not accurate.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Post it here. We'll give you an honest rating.

Team Nachos

Everyone gets at least an 8, one of mine got 9.9 and I ain't no Johnny Depp. Don't trust it.

Quote: (12-26-2011 11:17 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

I got 9/10 on most of my HotorNot pictures, and I'd consider myself a 7. Not accurate.

I'm really curious. I consider myself a 7.5, but my Hot or Not pictures have always netted me about an 8. Something in my gut tells me you're a better looking guy than me. I'd PM you for a pic, but no homo and all that.

Gay men are a large percentage the male raters on hot or not.

I threw up a pic, and literally 50% of my "hotmirers" are pics of guys with names like "Rectum_Randy" or "xxangelboyfacexx". If gay men think you're attractive, you'll get a crazy high score. Don't trust these sites.

There's also other issues; having women aged 40+ judging your look? What a 40 yr old woman and 20 yr old woman find attractive are completely different things.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (12-27-2011 02:49 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

I threw up a pic, and literally 50% of my "hotmirers" are pics of guys with names like "Rectum_Randy" or "xxangelboyfacexx". If gay men think you're attractive, you'll get a crazy high score. Don't trust these sites.

There's also other issues; having women aged 40+ judging your look? What a 40 yr old woman and 20 yr old woman find attractive are completely different things.

Rectum Randy ...LMFAO

That poses an interesting question though ...are gay men's assessments of your looks any way related to women's? Hmmm.

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-27-2011 09:37 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

That poses an interesting question though ...are gay men's assessments of your looks any way related to women's? Hmmm.

None at all. For example, gay men don't care if you are tall or not. Gay men are also far more attracted to a nice ass over a wide chest. Gay men like boyish facial features, women like manly facial features.

Are straight men like women? Then why would gay men be like women? Gay men are like men who desire men. If your object is to bang women, then never take a gay man's opinion on dating advice.

Don't ask me how I know so much about this...

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

From your description, it sounds like gay guys and hipster chicks have similar tastes. Probably because both cultures are tuned into the fashion world.

The only difference is that, all other aspects being equal, hipster girls have a preference for taller guys.

Quote: (12-27-2011 03:30 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

None at all. For example, gay men don't care if you are tall or not. Gay men are also far more attracted to a nice ass over a wide chest. Gay men like boyish facial features, women like manly facial features.

Are straight men like women? Then why would gay men be like women? Gay men are like men who desire men. If your object is to bang women, then never take a gay man's opinion on dating advice.

I must have boyish good looks then cause I got felt up by a gay dude at a bar one time. It wasn't a gay bar ...it was gay adjacent. LOL

He kinda looked like the Estaban guitar dude you see on infomercials. He was rocking the hat and everything. Came up behind me and grabbed my biceps and smelled my hair. Creepiest thing ever. Luckily I'm confident in my sexuality. Most of my other friends would have lost it and caused a scene.

[Image: estebanguitarstrap-cd8de324aeac67bfa7dc1a8620de72c5.jpg]

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-27-2011 03:52 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I must have boyish good looks then cause I got felt up by a gay dude at a bar one time. It wasn't a gay bar ...it was gay adjacent. LOL

He kinda looked like the Estaban guitar dude you see on infomercials. He was rocking the hat and everything. Came up behind me and grabbed my biceps and smelled my hair. Creepiest thing ever. Luckily I'm confident in my sexuality. Most of my other friends would have lost it and caused a scene.

Sounds like a good topic to cover on your blog. Gay dudes hit on me sometimes but I go to gay bars. I let them buy me drinks but I don't put out

Those sites are bullshit. I have zero problems getting chicks attracted to me, yet I only got a 6 on that site, yet guys who look much worse got 8s and 9s. I've had attractive women ask me out on dates, why would they ask me out if I wasn't attractive? I have no money, and they knew nothing about me really apart from the way I looked.

Quote: (12-27-2011 03:56 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (12-27-2011 03:52 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Sounds like a good topic to cover on your blog. Gay dudes hit on me sometimes but I go to gay bars. I let them buy me drinks but I don't put out

Straight men to go to gay bars are like chicks who go to a normal bar. All the gays flock around them and want to give them stuff.

Quote: (12-27-2011 05:02 PM)esperar Wrote:  

Those sites are bullshit. I have zero problems getting chicks attracted to me, yet I only got a 6 on that site, yet guys who look much worse got 8s and 9s. I've had attractive women ask me out on dates, why would they ask me out if I wasn't attractive? I have no money, and they knew nothing about me really apart from the way I looked.

Yep, what you learn about the online dating world is that being photogenic has nothing to do with being genuinely attractive.

When I used to bother with that POF bullshit I used to get 16 year old girls sending me messages (They lied about their ages to get on the site) and they were attractive too. This was before I knew about game, so my profile was really crap as well. I've had groups of girls follow me around, I had loads of attention from women when I posted pictures of myself on a forum, and I'm a 6? What the....? I'd post my picture, but I want to be anonymous.

FYI Hipster girls have a thing for facial hair, so it's not all boyish.

LOL HotorNot overinflates ratings. I was a fatass back like a long time ago, put my pic up and got a 9.9.

Wanna know if you are attractive, go to beautifulpeople.com, see what they rate you, if you get accepted then you are a good looking guy, and I mean it!

I now have a partial answer. You must rate other people to get ratings on your own photos. Also, you get notified if someone rates you highly. So what do I do? I just repeatedly click on "10" for the women. It is efficient, and notifies them that I am one of their admirers.

That's the cool thing about OKCupid.com/mybestface - it tells you the demographics of your voters, even to the point of showing you their pics and linking to their OKC profiles. It was interesting to see the differences in how different women reacted.

I had a pic of me posing in swimming trunks on the beach and it performed MUCH better with the youngest girls than with other groups. Older women liked it less.

I had another pic dressed super preppy on a sailboat; the older women loved that one.

Switched up my pics on OKC based on the feedback and so far it looks like I'm getting better responses, though it's early to tell for sure.

Generally uglier women (and self-described 'nerds') responded worse to the pics than hotter ones.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (01-01-2012 06:11 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

That's the cool thing about OKCupid.com/mybestface - it tells you the demographics of your voters, even to the point of showing you their pics and linking to their OKC profiles. It was interesting to see the differences in how different women reacted.

I had a pic of me posing in swimming trunks on the beach and it performed MUCH better with the youngest girls than with other groups. Older women liked it less.

I had another pic dressed super preppy on a sailboat; the older women loved that one.

Switched up my pics on OKC based on the feedback and so far it looks like I'm getting better responses, though it's early to tell for sure.

Generally uglier women (and self-described 'nerds') responded worse to the pics than hotter ones.

It keeps giving me an error whenever I go on the site.

I'm trying the OkCupid thing now, Caligula. I'll see what happens.

Yes, hot or not is fucked up, no question. I asked this on Roissy's blog, and he agreed.

I once posted my picture on Yahoo answers and asked to be rated... and I got varying scores, but the fact I actually got some 2s and 3s means most people have no idea how rating is done. Absolutely no way I am in the 'monster' tier, or even below-average looking.

It's probably best to ask people in real life. The internet is full of trolls and people who won't spend more than half a second thinking about their response.

A quick lesson about online dating. If she says her body type is "thin" and her hobbies are all sedentary, then you need a full body picture.

Quote: (01-02-2012 04:11 PM)dice3510 Wrote:  

Yes, hot or not is fucked up, no question. I asked this on Roissy's blog, and he agreed.

I once posted my picture on Yahoo answers and asked to be rated... and I got varying scores, but the fact I actually got some 2s and 3s means most people have no idea how rating is done. Absolutely no way I am in the 'monster' tier, or even below-average looking.

It's probably best to ask people in real life. The internet is full of trolls and people who won't spend more than half a second thinking about their response.

chances are on yahoo answers you asked in beauty and style, that section is FULL OF 13 and 12 year olds

Just got my results back from okaycupid/mybestface...

It's legit. Really, really good breakdowns of how people like your photo's. My shirtless pic was loved by women under 22, and hated by everyone else. Definitely a good tool to use to figure out how people perceive you.

Nice work Caligula.