rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What citizenships do you have?

Here is a good blog on multiple passports:

http://www.sovereignman.com/second-passport

I have 2 active passports: EU, and USA. I am working on Colombian, and Honduran passport to diversify.

Mixx

Awesome. Thanks MiXX!

Quote: (12-22-2011 09:44 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

I have 2 active passports: EU, and USA. I am working on Colombian, and Honduran passport to diversify.

Mixx

How'd you swoop the EU one up? Anything that would be interesting to the rest of us? I'm interested in second passports too and always love to hear how other people have pulled it off.

Cheers

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (12-23-2011 05:10 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Mixx

How'd you swoop the EU one up? Anything that would be interesting to the rest of us? I'm interested in second passports too and always love to hear how other people have pulled it off.

Cheers

You can get an EU passport if you have an ancestral link in the country you're applying for.

However, US and EU passports probably wouldn't be my first choice because of the poor economic climate in those countries. My current plan is to get citizenship in Singapore. It's a very stable country economically and you can get a passport relatively easily (through entrepreneurship or investment) and in as little as two years.

I'm pretty sure the Australian passport is also easy to get via naturalization.

i got two...one because of where i was born and the other for being a half-breed! hehe

Canadian and British ,gets me pretty much anywhere without too much trouble ...except Russia...an invitation ,blah blah blah! I hope it's reciprocal with us.

At this point in my life, a second passport, while cool, is more trouble than it is worth. All kinds of red flags go up if/when I land government contracts requiring a security clearance.

Maybe later in life, but not now.

I have 2 citizenships / Passports.

Australian

European Union - via Poland (both parents are from Poland)

Process of getting a 2nd passport can be a long and sometimes expensive process. Lot of countries are getting tougher on handing out passports as well. Getting my Polish passport took me around 3 years to get - but definitely worth it since they are part of the European Union.

With an Australian passport - i can also live and work in New Zealand as well.

So having dual citizenships/passports opens up many opportunities

Interesting

Quote: (12-23-2011 06:04 PM)mofo Wrote:  

Which cool ones are the easiest to get?

To get Canadian citizenship it takes only 3 years which is nice if you ask me.

I don`t think anyone is really easy to get.
If you have any European background or ancestry - i would go with that first. If you can get a EU passport - you can live and work in 27 countries in Europe plus work and live in Norway etc....

Seriously sit down and think about where you would like to live and work i guess and search on the net what you need to get a citizenship of that country.
Like i said can be a long and expensive process. But it does open up many wonderful opportunities for you

lol

Quote: (12-23-2011 06:11 PM)mofo Wrote:  

Quote: (12-23-2011 06:08 PM)Downunder Wrote:  

Quote: (12-23-2011 06:04 PM)mofo Wrote:  

Which cool ones are the easiest to get?

To get Canadian citizenship it takes only 3 years which is nice if you ask me.

I don`t think anyone is really easy to get.
If you have any European background or ancestry - i would go with that first. If you can get a EU passport - you can live and work in 27 countries in Europe plus work and live in Norway etc....

Seriously sit down and think about where you would like to live and work i guess and search on the net what you need to get a citizenship of that country.
Like i said can be a long and expensive process. But it does open up many wonderful opportunities for you

Good advice. The EU is sweet. You have Spain, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Poland...Some of the better places for a player.

Correct!

Another thing i did which helped me a lot was get a translator who specializes in acquiring foreign citizenships.

I hired a lady who was a Polish translator and she was worth her weight in gold. I`m only speaking from a Polish Passport point of view - every document and application form had to be done in Polish! If there was one error or mistake, it would be rejected and you would have to start the whole process again! Insane but welcome to Eastern European red tape!

I think i paid her around Aus$ 2000 but was worth every cent. She knew exactly what had to be written and how to approach things. If it were not for her, i would still be trying to apply for it today.

Just something to think about

Interesting

Well I am from UK so I have that passort.

That passport allows me to live and work in all of the EU counties (27 countries in Europe).

I also am about half way through getting a carribean passport but need to get my arse back there to finish the process.

I have one passport (US)

but i'm eligible for

British, Jamaican, and Panamanian (through my parents).

I'm wondering which one would be the best to choose from.

Quote: (12-24-2011 03:09 AM)sine wave killer Wrote:  

I have one passport (US)

but i'm eligible for

British.

Quote: (12-24-2011 04:31 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Quote: (12-24-2011 03:09 AM)sine wave killer Wrote:  

I have one passport (US)

but i'm eligible for

British.

Easily.

No brainer.

I found this article on obtaining a passport for Uruguay, one of the easiest places to obtain citizenship.

http://www.olauruguay.com/2010/06/13/uru...migrate-to

Mixx

Mixx

With my wife being Colombian, I could get a Colombian passport easily, but I just don't see the purpose since it's one of the worst passports to have. Will also get rid of my first son's Colombian citizenship in the next 1-2 years.

Is there a specific reason why you're going for Colombian and Honduran passports? You're single and don't have kids, so obviously your situation is different from mine. Just curious.

If I had to guess and without knowing you, I think a Paraguayan passport/citizenship would be more ideal for you.

Good to see you checking out sovereignman. His info is gold. I have his Panama conference dvd's... great stuff.

I was born in Macedonia which used to be part of former Yugoslavia. So I have my old Yugo passport. I have to apply and get my Macedonian passport one of these days.

My parents moved to the US when I was 2 so they took care of my US paperwork and passport.

I'd like to go visit soon. Have some family and property there and in Bulgaria. I'd like to wife up some young piece from a mountain village who doesn't speak English and has no clue what the Internet is [Image: wink.gif]

Team Nachos

Good thread.

I have a USA and could get a Mexican but haven't found a need for it yet. What I've thought about is to work under a Mexican citizenship and to pay taxes to the Mexican government on U.S. earnings (would be a lot less for sure)...anyone earning U.S. income on a foreign citizenship?

UK (EU), Canadian and working on Barbados.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

What is the benefits of having a second passport?

Also, how far back can you go to get one? I.E., my Great Grandfather was from France, so I assume that is a no go? I think I remember someone telling me they got a Spanish passport because their Grandmother was from Spain? Can't remember.