rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kobe Goes to the Cleaners

Kobe Bryant's wife (surprise, surprise) has filed for divorce. And, because these pro athletes never seem to learn from one another, homie never locked down a pre-nup.

I never thought Vanessa was anything special, but I think even the guys who do think she's something else can agree: she's not worth this.

Quote:Quote:

Kobe Bryant's wife Vanessa has filed for divorce, and according to TMZ, the pair have no prenup.

Because California is a community property state, Vanessa is likely entitled to half of Kobe's earnings during their 10-year marriage. The LA Lakers star is expected to make $25,244,493 this year, according to ESPN.

Vanessa is being represented by Laura Wasser, who recently repped Kim Kardashian in her divorce from Kris Humphries.

[Image: attachment.jpg3880]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (12-16-2011 10:20 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Kobe Bryant's wife (surprise, surprise) has filed for divorce. And, because these pro athletes never seem to learn from one another, homie never locked down a pre-nup.

I never thought Vanessa was anything special, but I think even the guys who do think she's something else can agree: she's not worth this.

Kobe Bryant's wife Vanessa has filed for divorce, and according to TMZ, the pair have no prenup.

Because California is a community property state, Vanessa is likely entitled to half of Kobe's earnings during their 10-year marriage. The LA Lakers star is expected to make $25,244,493 this year, according to ESPN.

Vanessa is being represented by Laura Wasser, who recently repped Kim Kardashian in her divorce from Kris Humphries.

Wowww. What a shame!

he is about to lose ALOT of money! lol

Kobe got owned

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I'm at the point where I don't even feel sorry for these athletes who are dumb enough to get married without a pre-nup. Didn't he also buy her a $2 million ring a few years ago? Makes me sick. Well, next time you buy a Lakers ticket, you'll know where your money is going.

well he will still have like 100-200 mil even after she raps him.

no biggie

Quote: (12-16-2011 10:42 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I'm at the point where I don't even feel sorry for these athletes who are dumb enough to get married without a pre-nup. Didn't he also buy her a $2 million ring a few years ago? Makes me sick. Well, next time you buy a Lakers ticket, you'll know where your money is going.

Well, the ring was to make up for banging that blondie in Colorado and then having it go super public. That seems fair--at his pay grade. This one's going to hurt, though.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (12-16-2011 10:20 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Even if they had a prenup, many courts are just dumping those agreements on any ground. Shit, man! Maybe professional athletes should marry in an Islamic country, have as many wives as wanted and assemble nice harems.
Poor America!

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

If you remember way back when, Kobe met Vanessa at a music video shoot when she was still in high school. His parents weren't even at the wedding because he basically told them to fuck off (they had the audacity to want to meet the girl he was marrying). He wouldn't listen to anyone when they told him to at least get a pre-nup. Kobe's the ultimate lone wolf. I knew she wasn't going to leave him after the Colorado mess, because she wasn't vested enough. It also put her in the power position in the marriage. Him buying her the purple diamond "I'm sorry" ring, and getting the "my queen" tattoo were super beta moves for a supposedly super alpha man. But she had him over a barrel. The 10 year mark is a major milestone for chicks married to high-earning men when there's a pre-nup, so without one, she's golden. Supposedly Kobe STILL didn't keep his dick in his pants, and she's in a position where she doesn't have to swallow hard a second time.

If he was smart with what he earned to this point, the divorce won't kill him. The fucked up part is he's at the end of his career - he doesn't have another long-term, max money contract coming. This is generally what athlete's wives do - they hang in throughout the career when the checks are coming in strong. When the end is near, or shortly after he retires, they cash out and take at least half of whatever is left. If he's not in a position to walk into a high-paying media gig or have a business set up, he ends up dead broke in a few years because there's still child support and his own living expenses (which will still be high, because it's hard to give up that lifestyle). My guess is this won't happen to Kobe, but he NEVER should have married her, or at least not at the age he did.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (12-17-2011 12:06 AM)Timoteo Wrote:  

If you remember way back when, Kobe met Vanessa at a music video shoot when she was still in high school. His parents weren't even at the wedding because he basically told them to fuck off (they had the audacity to want to meet the girl he was marrying). He wouldn't listen to anyone when they told him to at least get a pre-nup. Kobe's the ultimate lone wolf. I knew she wasn't going to leave him after the Colorado mess, because she wasn't vested enough. It also put her in the power position in the marriage. Him buying her the purple diamond "I'm sorry" ring, and getting the "my queen" tattoo were super beta moves for a supposedly super alpha man. But she had him over a barrel. The 10 year mark is a major milestone for chicks married to high-earning men when there's a pre-nup, so without one, she's golden. Supposedly Kobe STILL didn't keep his dick in his pants, and she's in a position where she doesn't have to swallow hard a second time.

If he was smart with what he earned to this point, the divorce won't kill him. The fucked up part is he's at the end of his career - he doesn't have another long-term, max money contract coming. This is generally what athlete's wives do - they hang in throughout the career when the checks are coming in strong. When the end is near, or shortly after he retires, they cash out and take at least half of whatever is left. If he's not in a position to walk into a high-paying media gig or have a business set up, he ends up dead broke in a few years because there's still child support and his own living expenses (which will still be high, because it's hard to give up that lifestyle). My guess is this won't happen to Kobe, but he NEVER should have married her, or at least not at the age he did.

He's an idiot, man. I have no respect for him letting this happen.

Quote: (12-17-2011 12:12 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (12-17-2011 12:06 AM)Timoteo Wrote:  

He's an idiot, man. I have no respect for him letting this happen.

Kobe's incredible drive and work ethic are unquestioned, but as a man I've always found him coming up short. The same qualities that made him a great athlete made him a miserable human being. MJ was a horrible teammate at times, but he at least made the effort to be a part of the team. Throughout his career, Kobe rarely did that, and didn't make an effort until they tore down the team and rebuilt it around him. He felt leadership was purely about force of will and being the best player. There's more to it than that. At times he was uncoachable, and Phil Jackson is probably the best manager of great players/egos in all of sport.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

IMO Kobe's mistake wasn't in foregoing the pre-nup, it was his getting married in the first place - see Derek Jeter for a stellar example of how to do it right

Quote: (12-17-2011 12:50 AM)NumberTen Wrote:  

IMO Kobe's mistake wasn't in foregoing the pre-nup, it was his getting married in the first place - see Derek Jeter for a stellar example of how to do it right

Yes. Magic did it the next best way - wait until you're at the end of your career (hopefully HIV free...HA HA!). A lot of these guys marry the high school/college sweetheart because they were there "when I had nothing." That might be true for the high school sweetheart, but not the ones that latch on in college. Everyone knows who's got the chance to go pro. I live in NY, so I've watched Derek his whole career. He's done it perfectly. He's dated/banged top notch singers, actresses, beauty queens, you name it. No dirt has gotten out, and he's generally moved on to the next honey. He's building a MASSIVE mansion just off the coast of Tampa, and at some point he'll probably marry and fill it with kids. And the bulk of his earnings and assets will have been acquired before marriage.

Guys,you should calm down.Do you think Kobe gives a fuck whether he has 100 or 200 mil ?How would that make any difference in his life?If you ask a woman for a pre-nup,that's a huge offense and I think every woman that has some dignity,will leave at this point.That's pretty much saying "I want to make sure you're not a gold digger".
There's no magic formula for success and happiness.You take some decisions,they lead you somewhere,take more decisions...
If you fuck around until your forties and then settle,when your son/daughter is finishing high school,you'll be 60.How cool is that?Different people have different views of life and different goals so you can just respect them or say "Oh,no,idiot,he should've ..."-it's his life,man :/

Quote: (12-17-2011 04:16 AM)PseudoExpert Wrote:  

Guys,you should calm down.Do you think Kobe gives a fuck whether he has 100 or 200 mil ?How would that make any difference in his life?If you ask a woman for a pre-nup,that's a huge offense and I think every woman that has some dignity,will leave at this point.That's pretty much saying "I want to make sure you're not a gold digger".
There's no magic formula for success and happiness.You take some decisions,they lead you somewhere,take more decisions...
If you fuck around until your forties and then settle,when your son/daughter is finishing high school,you'll be 60.How cool is that?Different people have different views of life and different goals so you can just respect them or say "Oh,no,idiot,he should've ..."-it's his life,man :/

I disagree. There is nothing wrong with backup plans. Why do you pay for insurance?....JUST IN CASE, that's why. Most wealthy women will shove a pre-nup in a less-wealthy guy's face on the 2nd date, but it is offensive for a wealthy guy to do the same?

Also with pre-nups, they don't just give nothing to the wife, she will still get some money, just not half. The thing is that many women know this and a wealthy man can find a pretty woman who WILL SIGN a pre-nupt. That is why posters on here are hard on Kobe, he could have found someone just as good-looking (probably better looking) who would have signed a pre-nupt.

If you ask a woman for a pre-nup,that's a huge offense and I think every woman that has some dignity,will leave at this point

Are you a woman, a troll, or a beta?

Quote: (12-17-2011 01:04 AM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Quote: (12-17-2011 12:50 AM)NumberTen Wrote:  

Yes. Magic did it the next best way - wait until you're at the end of your career (hopefully HIV free...HA HA!). A lot of these guys marry the high school/college sweetheart because they were there "when I had nothing." That might be true for the high school sweetheart, but not the ones that latch on in college. Everyone knows who's got the chance to go pro. I live in NY, so I've watched Derek his whole career. He's done it perfectly. He's dated/banged top notch singers, actresses, beauty queens, you name it. No dirt has gotten out, and he's generally moved on to the next honey. He's building a MASSIVE mansion just off the coast of Tampa, and at some point he'll probably marry and fill it with kids. And the bulk of his earnings and assets will have been acquired before marriage.

Couldn't agree more about Jeter; he's the paragon of pro athlete behavior with respect to women. It's crazy when you think about how long his run has been. I remember waaay back in the day when he was dating Jordana Brewster. He's had all kinds of talent since, publicly and privately.

Kobe met his wife AFTER he was already well-known as a Laker. I don't really see what she brought to the table honestly. She didn't seem like she had a whole lot going on for herself, aside from her looks (which isn't the best Kobe could do anyway).

Guys,you should calm down.Do you think Kobe gives a fuck whether he has 100 or 200 mil ?

Big difference between those figures bro. You should read this article from an investment manager which breaks down wealth within the top 1%. Not as easy as you may think.

http://www2.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/pow...nager.html

My troll sense is tingling, but I'm going to respond anyway.

Guys,you should calm down.Do you think Kobe gives a fuck whether he has 100 or 200 mil ?How would that make any difference in his life?

Yes, I think Kobe gives a fuck about potentially losing up to half of his net worth (which, for the record, is closer to $150 million).

If you ask a woman for a pre-nup,that's a huge offense and I think every woman that has some dignity,will leave at this point.

Marriage in modern society is a contract. As a male, you need to protect yourself, because modern family law is not on your side. The type of naive logic you espouse here is precisely the mindset that gets young guys into trouble later on in their lives.
They're too afraid of "offending" their women to protect themselves, and get reamed later on in life.

If she is not willing to sign a pre-nup when you ask for it, you need to walk away. Stick to your guns, and let her know that if a pre-nup is not signed, no marriage will take place. Have some fucking dignity of your own and stand up for yourself and what's best for your future.

If you're the type of man who is going to put your own welfare aside because you fear losing access to some pussy, caving to her demands and allowing her complete and total leverage over you from then on (leverage with which she will use to destroy you during the divorce that occurs in 50% of all marriages in this country and that females initiate 75% of the time), then I have no sympathy for you. You fully and totally deserve the ass-raping that her and the local family court will hand you in time.
You're a weak man (too afriad of offending her to stand up for yourself and do things that matter to you), and she will prey on you. Women disgust weak men-there is nothing else they hate more than a man so fearful of the consequences of offending her that he can be controlled, men so afraid of losing her that they'll shortchange themselves just to keep her happy. You'll be cuckolded in no time.

They say fools are soon parted with their money. Manginas and white-knights are in the same boat.

That's pretty much saying "I want to make sure you're not a gold digger".

How dare a man take such a silly precaution! Its not like 50% of marriages end in divorce or anything obnoxious like that...

Sure, just let it flow.

So what if 50% of marriages end in divorce and 75% of divorces are initiated by women? Who cares if American family law gives her the power to clean you out financially following a split, in many cases completely ruining the financial futures of men for the rest of their lives?

Just go with the flow!

If you fuck around until your forties and then settle,when your son/daughter is finishing high school,you'll be 60.How cool is that?

That is precisely how things have gone with my father and many other men in my family. How uncool is that, exactly? I don't see your issue.

Men hit their prime (assuming they've stayed in shape and have built a decent career, which is admittedly not a given these days, but not difficult to do either) in their mid-30's to early 40's. There is nothing unwise about starting a family at this point. Not only do you stand a better chance of finding a quality young woman (often better than you'd have pulled as a young adult), but you'll be better able to support any family you produce.

Different people have different views of life and different goals so you can just respect them or say "Oh,no,idiot,he should've ..."-it's his life,man :/

Yeah, because there are no actions/views/goals in life that are wiser than others.
We're all special snowflakes, and every little thing we do/think has merit and should be respected by everyone else. Nothing we do is ever stupid or misguided. Sure.

I have some oceanfront property in Botswana to sell you if you're interested later. Hit me up.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Superstar athletes/celebrities have always been alpha men in their respective field, but EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN A BETA BITCH IN THE PRESENCE OF A WOMAN!!:

JORDAN, TYSON, BRYANT, HUMPHRIES, IRVING, DIDDY, NAZ......I CAN GO ON ALL DAY DROPPING NAMES!!

Mixx

Quote: (12-16-2011 10:43 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

well he will still have like 100-200 mil even after she raps him.

no biggie

It would seem that way to normal folk. but these guys aren't normal. Everyone lives up to their wealth, whether you make 100K or 25M per year like Kobe. His lifestyle will take a serious hit...might have to sell off homes on islands, a few cars etc. It's not like he won't feel this.

Guys,you should calm down.Do you think Kobe gives a fuck whether he has 100 or 200 mil ?How would that make any difference in his life?

I guarantee you he cares an awful lot. He's going to lose 180,000,000 of his money - not counting future earnings - to some chick because she sat around his mansion, spent his money, and nagged him for 10 years. Do you think he would have paid $18,000,000 per year for this? When you get to that level of wealth its not about what you can and cant buy, its about what you deserve, competition, and what you earned. He busted his ass to become one of the best in the world at what he does, he was paid an enormous amount of money because of that, and now he has to give half of that away to his ex wife to leave him and take his kids away, I guarantee you he cares more then you will ever understand.

Yet another reason to back up my claims that marriage is for complete idiots!!!

Let's not forget that pre-nups protect assets BEFORE marriage! Pre-nups do not protect assets/wealth accumulated AFTER you say "I do".

Mixx

Quote: (12-17-2011 01:05 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

My troll sense is tingling, but I'm going to respond anyway.

Yes, I think Kobe gives a fuck about potentially losing up to half of his net worth (which, for the record, is closer to $150 million).

If you ask a woman for a pre-nup,that's a huge offense and I think every woman that has some dignity,will leave at this point.

Marriage in modern society is a contract. As a male, you need to protect yourself, because modern family law is not on your side. The type of naive logic you espouse here is precisely the mindset that gets young guys into trouble later on in their lives.
They're too afraid of "offending" their women to protect themselves, and get reamed later on in life.

If she is not willing to sign a pre-nup when you ask for it, you need to walk away. Stick to your guns, and let her know that if a pre-nup is not signed, no marriage will take place. Have some fucking dignity of your own and stand up for yourself and what's best for your future.

If you're the type of man who is going to put your own welfare aside because you fear losing access to some pussy, caving to her demands and allowing her complete and total leverage over you from then on (leverage with which she will use to destroy you during the divorce that occurs in 50% of all marriages in this country and that females initiate 75% of the time), then I have no sympathy for you. You fully and totally deserve the ass-raping that her and the local family court will hand you in time.
You're a weak man (too afriad of offending her to stand up for yourself and do things that matter to you), and she will prey on you. Women disgust weak men-there is nothing else they hate more than a man so fearful of the consequences of offending her that he can be controlled, men so afraid of losing her that they'll shortchange themselves just to keep her happy. You'll be cuckolded in no time.

They say fools are soon parted with their money. Manginas and white-knights are in the same boat.

That's pretty much saying "I want to make sure you're not a gold digger".

How dare a man take such a silly precaution! Its not like 50% of marriages end in divorce or anything obnoxious like that...

Sure, just let it flow.

So what if 50% of marriages end in divorce and 75% of divorces are initiated by women? Who cares if American family law gives her the power to clean you out financially following a split, in many cases completely ruining the financial futures of men for the rest of their lives?

Just go with the flow!

If you fuck around until your forties and then settle,when your son/daughter is finishing high school,you'll be 60.How cool is that?

That is precisely how things have gone with my father and many other men in my family. How uncool is that, exactly? I don't see your issue.

Men hit their prime (assuming they've stayed in shape and have built a decent career, which is admittedly not a given these days, but not difficult to do either) in their mid-30's to early 40's. There is nothing unwise about starting a family at this point. Not only do you stand a better chance of finding a quality young woman (often better than you'd have pulled as a young adult), but you'll be better able to support any family you produce.

Different people have different views of life and different goals so you can just respect them or say "Oh,no,idiot,he should've ..."-it's his life,man :/

Yeah, because there are no actions/views/goals in life that are wiser than others.
We're all special snowflakes, and every little thing we do/think has merit and should be respected by everyone else. Nothing we do is ever stupid or misguided. Sure.

I have some oceanfront property in Botswana to sell you if you're interested later. Hit me up.

Brilliant.

Quote: (12-17-2011 01:21 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Yet another reason to back up my claims that marriage is for complete idiots!!!

Let's not forget that pre-nups protect assets BEFORE marriage! Pre-nups do not protect assets/wealth accumulated AFTER you say "I do".

Mixx

True (see Derek Jeter).