rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Last American Virgin - underrated movie

A good trick to find good movies you've never seen is to google the term "underrated movies". I just watched The Last American Virgin. It came out in 1982, but it's one of the best teen love flicks I've seen. It portrays the dynamics between girls and guys as they really are.

Quote: (11-17-2011 06:43 PM)cool Wrote:  

A good trick to find good movies you've never seen is to google the term "underrated movies". I just watched The Last American Virgin. It came out in 1982, but it's one of the best teen love flicks I've seen. It portrays the dynamics between girls and guys as they really are.

Agree, this movie scores A+ on my scale as well and has an awesome soundtrack to boot as well.

I agree 100% with both of you. I've seen this movie twice and think it is one of the few realistic movies about high school and young love. It turns out exactly like real life. I felt like I had lived some of that movie!!!
-
Most teen movies, nerd guy gets hot girl. Or the reverse nerd girl gets the hot guy: Dirty Dancing!

Probably my favorite movie in this genre is: "The Sure Thing". It was John Cusack's first movie and he was actually 17 and playing a college guy. I've never shown that movie to anyone that they didn't love it! Have you seen it?
-
Can I get some more recommendations in this genre or that you'd show to girls on video and get them feeling good?

It's one of the few Hollywood movies out there that portrays gender relations realistically, especially the ending.

I think it was mentioned in another thread. Sucks that its not on netflix.

Quote: (02-13-2012 02:10 AM)houston Wrote:  

I think it was mentioned in another thread. Sucks that its not on netflix.

http://torrentz.eu/search?f=the+last+american+virgin

I'm gonna have to peep this film. So rare that the film industry accurately portrays gender relations and relationships. Probably the last one that did it any justice was Blue Valentine.

Adding "The Sure Thing" to my must-view list, thanks brianmark.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I did a search on here for this movie, which I also consider the ultimate Red Pill teen flick. This movie should be seen by all boys as soon as they turn 16. It's like a slap in the face. I'm glad to see people were talking about this before I even officially joined the RVF.

This isn't an easy movie to find, as noted below. If anyone wants to see it for free, message me and I'll provide a link on two conditions (we'll do the honor system here):

1). Don't Google what happens with the plot. Just stick with the movie. It's important to go in blind here.

2). Don't post the link on Facebook or on any public forum. No one needs the MPAA "cracking down" on these sites.

Quote: (10-08-2013 08:48 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

I did a search on here for this movie, which I also consider the ultimate Red Pill teen flick. This movie should be seen by all boys as soon as they turn 16. It's like a slap in the face. I'm glad to see people were talking about this before I even officially joined the RVF.

This isn't an easy movie to find, as noted below. If anyone wants to see it for free, message me and I'll provide a link on two conditions (we'll do the honor system here):

Just watched it. Great movie and definitely something I, along with my friends, should have seen years ago when we were in high school. Oh well, better late than never.

** Did a quick google search to find a working link; not that hard to find.

Very red pill movie I saw years ago. A+

Wow the soundtrack makes it worth seeing. I saw this like 25 years ago and couldn't remember any of it, am watching now.

Just watched it...red pill for sure.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Glad Jura and company were able to find "Last American Virgin." I should have known people here would be smart enough to find semi-underground movie sites on their own.

I'd also recommend two more movies from that era that leave you with a more upbeat mood but also teach lessons that are important in these parts. First is "Hardbodies," which had game concepts and shows how guys can learn them. Second is "The Malibu Bikini Shop," which defines Alpha and Beta and shows the main character making the transition.

Both movies are unapolegetically male-centered and trashy, but slip Red Pill messages into the T&A parade, which makes them both insightful and hella fun. In fact, they're the opposite of Hollywood rom-coms, which come off as being "enlightened" but are really promoting "pretty lies" (to grab Roissy's term).

This is probably why all three movies discussed here found an audience with teenage boys on late night cable, not in mainstream culture. This stuff makes people uncomfortable and I can see "Hardbodies" and "Malibu" being cited in women's studies classes as examples of sexism. But sexism = a realistic look at the sexual marketplace.

OK yeah, it was definitely a film about how oneitis is a mistake. I honestly thought gary would end up with karen's friend but that didn't happen either. ***SPOILERS***

I think I get what the film was trying to do now as an adult a lot more than when I was a kid. Gary pedestalized karen, he may have honestly believed he loved her- he even told her he loved her despite the fact that he barely knows her. I am not sure if we are supposed to think "wow karen is mean/dumb/making a bad choice by going back to rick" but in reality, she is probably thinking "gary is really fucked up, he just told me he loves me despite not even knowing much about me at all, at least rick wants what I want: to have fun and party". Heck, he even spent $80(in 1982 money, maybe 400 or 500 dollars today) for a piece of jewelry for karen's birthday. That isn't love.

None of them seem to know how to interact with each other besides on a purely superficial level. But they are in high school, so that is about what you should expect.

The final look on his face as he drives away is classic. Even thirty years after seeing it at a Drive-In I remember that ending.
It was awful quiet when the other calls pulled out.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

I decided to watch it and was not impressed, it got the point across well but was boring!! The Stoned Age and Fast Times AT Ridgemont High are much more entertaining while conveying the same message

oh yeah this is Karen now! She aged like shit!
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm448053248/nm..._phs_md_6#

Quote: (01-07-2015 04:34 AM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

I decided to watch it and was not impressed, it got the point across well but was boring!! The Stoned Age and Fast Times AT Ridgemont High are much more entertaining while conveying the same message

I watched it while in high school in the early 90s, and it was probably THE most educational movie for me in my life.

And while a comedy film can also convey red pill knowledge, by default you don't take a comedy too seriously.

This one is not a comedy at its core, although it's funny at times, it connects you to the main character so well, you actually feel his pain while watching the movie. It's probably the most effective way to imprint red pill knowledge to a young teenager for life.

I completely agree with DOBA above, this is a must see film for any 15 year old boy, the sooner he learns how unfair women (and life) are, the better.

First off, Diane Franklin and the girl that Rick fucked in the beginning... Golly.

***SPOILERS***

I have to say, I was kind of annoyed that you guys had recommended this movie so hard, because as I was watching it, I hated it. However, I wasn't really aware that I hated Gary, and not the movie. Then I realized I didn't really hate Gary, I hated his actions. Particularly how he traded his friendship for this girl. At my most blue, I couldn't imagine doing half the shit he was pulling. I guess I've never been in love LIKE THAT (Karen might've done it to me though...). Everything he did was depressing and infuriating. The fact is, guys are STILL like this. The only difference between then and now is that back then, a girl had 24 hours in a day, and her only exposure was direct, real life, face time. If you liked a girl, you were going to have to "go steady" to spend time with her. Now, since girls have real time and a layer of "social media" time over it, Karen could've had Gary on the strings texting him and whatnot while she was giving up the pussy to Rick (who is the fucking man and the undisputed King of eye contact game), and Gary would've felt fine just being able to "get to know her" and "be her friend". Unfortunately, this was the 1980s, and as a beta back then, Gary sacrificed his friends and pawned off his dead grandmother belongings for a cumhole with a tombstone labeled "RICK JR RIP" smack dab in her uterus.

Quote: (01-07-2015 04:34 AM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

SPOILER ALERTS!

"Fast Times" does not convey "the same message." It conveys the opposite one. In "Fast Times" the nerd, Mark Ratner, gets the girl in the end. Damone might have gotten her pregnant, but we get a happy ending. I remember the epilogue saying they were in a "relationship."

In "Last American Virgin," we're not given anything happy at the end; we're given an ending that's disturbing in its abruptness and bluntness. It's almost as if the filmmakers wanted to say "Fuck you!" to all the rom-com/teen comedy fans and shove their faces into reality.

The entire movie could even be considered a Trojan horse. It spends the first 80 or so minutes making you think you're getting a teen comedy. Then in one last minute lets you know what you just saw was a black-hearted commentary on the worst aspects of humanity.

As for "The Stoned Age," it left little impression on me.

Fun fact: this was a remake of a 1978 Israeli movie set in the 1950's. The director, much of the cast and most of the crew were Israeli.
Sometimes it takes an outsider to point out the obvious....
I went to see it because of the ending. A fellow film buff friend told me about it and how impressed he was.

Wow pretty good movie, but god damn if the beta-ness wasn't hard to stomach.

Quote: (01-07-2015 08:16 PM)coverdoc Wrote:  

Whenever I see today something as beta as Gary in the film, I immediately feel so sick in my stomach I have to turn it off, there's no way I could watch a movie like that today.

But this is exactly why this film is so valuable, only a true beta blue pill guy can connect to Gary and be on his side hoping he will all end well.

I remember when I watched it at the age of 15, at that time I was so lost and clueless about girls, while I watched the film I was completely rooting for Gary, I thought that Rick is an asshole and Karen is an innocent child manipulated and taken advantage by him.

I also agreed Gary was right to get mad at Rick and break his friendship, and I also wished that he would beat the living crap out of Rick for what he did to Karen.

The real beauty of the film is that the more beta you are, the more you will connect to Gary while he tries to win over Karen, and in the end that much harder the slap you'll get for being so stupid all the time.

If you only had a couple hours to lecture and give advice to a clueless blue pill teenager, I don't think there's anything more effective that giving him this movie to watch in those two hours.

Quote: (01-08-2015 08:46 PM)Caveman Wrote:  

Quote: (01-07-2015 08:16 PM)coverdoc Wrote:  

If you only had a couple hours to lecture and give advice to a clueless blue pill teenager, I don't think there's anything more effective that giving him this movie to watch in those two hours.

Now that is a hell of a great idea! Everytime you encounter one online especially, just point him in the direction of this film. Better yet, give him the youtube urls as some a few of the uploads show Gary at his most beta.

Just watched this movie based on the recommendations from here.

*SPOILERS*

There was already red pill congruency in the beginning when they take the three girls back to their place. They make up an obvious lie about having drugs. All the girls must know that it's a lie, but they go along with it because it gives them plausible deniability. Except for the fatty. From the get go, she starts protesting that she doesn't believe them. When they get there she demands the drugs, hoping they won't have them, so that she can convince the other girls to leave.

Gary tries to dance with her and she claims that she doesn't care either way if they dance or not. Then Rick takes the cute one, the fat guy takes the okay chick, and Gary gets stuck with the fatty. She immediately says "You're not going to get anything out of me!" She knows that she's fat and busted so she desperately tries to reject him first so that she can preserve her ego, but she knows deep down that Gary is taking one for the team.

Later on, Gary's betaness is revealed if it was ever in doubt before when he delivers the pizza to the nymphomaniac. Instead of pulling the trigger right there and trying to bang her, he gets scared and gets his friends. Of course, Rick is the one who takes charge and bangs her first. If Rick had been the original one to deliver the pizza, he would have just banged her right then and there, instead pussying out and calling his friends.

There's also the scene at the party when Rick and Karen are first getting it on and dancing together. Gary tries to get her alone to talk to her, and Karen plays dumb as if she doesn't get why Gary seems so concerned with her. But we all know that she's floating on cloud nine from the attention she's getting. Now picture Karen with an iPhone and a Facebook account and you have yourself a modern day validation whore.

Lastly, the ending is very red pill as many others have said. I think I was cringing most when Gary had that breakfast laid out for her that he obviously put a lot of effort into, all after scraping together cash to cover her abortion when meanwhile he had nothing to do with her pregnancy.

Later, he walks into the kitchen and sees Rick and Karen making out. Gary was probably asking himself how she could possibly go back to that asshole Rick when he had been so nice to her and showed her that he truly cared and was actually in love with her. Of course it's Rick, the guy who values her for sex and nothing else, that wins over her affections.

The part where she opens her eyes and looks at Gary is chilling. There's no remorse or guilt for curb stomping his heart into the ground and using him when she was desperate and needed help. She looks at him with a half smile and then leans her head onto Rick's, showing that her affections lie completely, remorselessly, with him.