rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Protein

Protein

We have Baking soda for armpit funk. Tried and tested personally and it's all I use.
We have vinegar for cleaning the home, mopping the floors and wiping the stove. Tried and tested personally and it's all I use.
We have ACV for energy. I've never felt so amped and I've been using it personally for about 2.5 weeks now.
What do we have for protein? I want to get my swell on for my trip in one month's time. Do not suggest egg whites or protein shakes as they do not agree with my body.
I am interested for one of these simple but powerfully effective remedies as per the top two.
Let me know.
Thanks guys (and gal).

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Protein

Moma, what is your ACV routine? How much do you mix with water? And how much/often do you drink it? I want to try it too.

Protein

Quote: (11-14-2011 12:06 PM)Menace Wrote:  

Moma, what is your ACV routine? How much do you mix with water? And how much/often do you drink it? I want to try it too.

I started with two tablespoons in a big cup of water in the morning. If I need an additional boost, I'll drop two more in a cup at night before going out. My general routine is once a day though. I have no need for coffee (don't drink it generally nor tea) and I am able to fight through the 2pm slump.
They say two tablespoons is ideal and more can be excessive. Shake the bottle well before use so the mother can swirl around.
Let me know how that goes.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Protein

Awesome, thanks. I'm going to pick some up this week.

Protein

Quote: (11-14-2011 12:20 PM)Menace Wrote:  

Awesome, thanks. I'm going to pick some up this week.

Make sure you get Braggs (if possible). I tried this in the past with some cheap Metro version and the shytt was invalid. You need one that has the mother inside.
I think Braggs are easily accessible in the US.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Protein

Anyone else feel a libido boost using ACV? I've been using it the past few days and I swear I'm a walking hard-on. Lol

Team Nachos

Protein

Egg whites and shakes/powders are the best for convenience after that I'd say canned tuna especially if price is an issue. I'd be surprised if they don't have protein shakes /powder for a picky stomach maybe research that.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Protein

Turkey and shrimp are the highest protein-per-ounce meats available.

Vegetables contain protein as well. They have incomplete versions of our amino acids, but you can still synthesize the correct proteins from them.

I personally wouldn't worry too much about protein as long as you're eating a solid amount of meat/veggies and not garbage processed junk.

Protein

isn't shrimp full of cholesterol?
I'm also a big fan of low fat Cottage Cheese.

Protein

Lean ground beef, chicken, tuna, turkey, eggs.

All of the above are healthy whole foods that give you good protein hits.

Research the exact figures but I believe an egg has something like 8g of protein in, maybe a little less when cooked.

Turkey and chicken have around 25g of protein per 100g.

So in order to gain lean mass then you need around 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Protein

The easiest protein for me to eat has been ground beef. I buy grass fed and don't worry about the fat since it has more omega-3.

There is a reason its physically difficult to consume protein; too much and you end up with "rabbit starvation" among other things.

Protein

Cheese works great if you can digest it without trouble. It's about half fat half protein and barely any carbohydrate. Canned fish is good too, although I'd avoid tuna due to the mercury. I'm seriously thinking about writing a book and calling it the Viking Diet.

Protein

Moma how do the shakes disagree with your body, there is different qualities of protein, your regular run of the mill gnc protein powder is usually just a cheap concentration whey, they'll call it isolate but in reality the percentage of isolate in it is next to nothing resulting in bloating, gas, the runs etc.

Other guys have given good food alternatives, fishes poultries etc, grass fed beef is an excellent way to go but costly but as far as high protein with quality fat it's a great option. If you want an easy way to get a bunch of protein look at Greek yogurt, you get the non fat variety and you're getting a shit load of straight protein without much downside. It's not the greatest tasting but I mix with a chocolate lean beef amino acid formula and half a cup with my lbas gives me about 50 grams of protein, it goes down easy but you can mix it with honey, berries whatever and get the sweet fix that way, on it's own the yogurts not my thing but mixed I like it.

Protein

Quote: (11-14-2011 06:09 PM)metalhaze Wrote:  

Go read 'the great cholesterol con' by anthony colpo and get back to me.

Shrimp is fine if you have no shellfish allergy.

Rabbit fever is when you eat too much protein without fat.

Protein

Quote: (11-14-2011 06:23 PM)dk902 Wrote:  

Lean ground beef, chicken, tuna, turkey, eggs.

All of the above are healthy whole foods that give you good protein hits.

Research the exact figures but I believe an egg has something like 8g of protein in, maybe a little less when cooked.

Turkey and chicken have around 25g of protein per 100g.

So in order to gain lean mass then you need around 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Yes. Very important to try and get a rough count of how much you are taking in to make sure you are in surplus.

Also start taking Creatine, it bulks you up faster then protein. It immediately rushes shit to your muscles to ensure you get more lifts in. Its hard to get 5-10 grams of Creatine per diet I think you need to eat sizable pounds of red meat which would put you to sleep for a good day lol. Protein you can always get with food, shakes offer more convenience if you are busy or don't prefer to eat a lot of meat.

Stay away from Soy as its shitty protein, and watch and limit your calcium intake. Many people rush to milk as a easy protien source but it actually does little as the high calcium content does not mesh well with protein absorption.

Get a solid Protein isolate and drink 2-3 shakes a day with 4 solid meals and hit the gym, and get lots of sleep you'll swell up in a few weeks.

Keep your fiber up also, flax seeds (crushes not whole) got mad protein, B-12 and fiber in that. Eat oats in the AM and mix that shit in with some berries.

Another good one, which some might argue with. It is pricey but Hemp. Hemp is a underrated plant protein, its complete and is half fiber and half protein for every gram. It will provide you with a lot of nutrients and keep your insides in check with about 3 table spoons per day.

Cut shitty food out NOW. Don't drink soda or eat crap like chips.

Give yourself like 4-6 weeks and you will notice a lot of differences.

Protein

Quote: (11-14-2011 07:49 PM)Docter Wrote:  

Quote: (11-14-2011 06:09 PM)metalhaze Wrote:  

Go read 'the great cholesterol con' by anthony colpo and get back to me.

Shrimp is fine if you have no shellfish allergy.

Rabbit fever is when you eat too much protein without fat.

Fats are mad good for you. This cholesterol non-sense IMO was made up by the petrol-chemical industry to pawn off margarine as a better alternative to butter when its been proven natural butter is still healthier.

Shrimp raises both good and bad levels of cholesterol but still sits its positive surplus. I stopped listening to the consensus on food, so much bullshit.

Plant fats are needed (not corn or soy). I down a large bottle of EVOO a month. I literally drink the stuff, put it on all the foods in which taste will allow it, use it on my skin, everything. I'm still lean as shit at a average body fat range of 12%.

Protein

Without eggs and protein powder you're pretty much fucked unless you eat a lot of one of these:

- chicken
- salmon
- beef

Not that I don't love shrimp, but getting 200g of protein from shrimp every day sounds absurd.

Perhaps you should try a variety of protein powders to see if you can find one that agrees with your body.

Note also that all protein is not created equal. Animal protein tends to be more complete than most vegetable proteins.

Quote: (11-14-2011 09:03 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Also start taking Creatine, it bulks you up faster then protein. It immediately rushes shit to your muscles to ensure you get more lifts in. Its hard to get 5-10 grams of Creatine per diet I think you need to eat sizable pounds of red meat which would put you to sleep for a good day lol. Protein you can always get with food, shakes offer more convenience if you are busy or don't prefer to eat a lot of meat.

Creatine is great. Mainly what it does is increase the availability of phosphate groups that "recharge" ADP into ATP, which your muscles use when they do fast-twitch stuff like lifting heavy weight or sprinting. This allows you to maintain a high level of power longer than usual, e.g. more reps or a longer sprint.

Without creatine, your muscles tire faster and have to wait for these little power plants in your cells (called "mitochondria") to churn out more ATP.

Be this as it may, creatine doesn't really count as food, nor is it a substitute for protein. Creatine is an ergogen ("ergo-" meaning "work," and "-gen" meaning "produce"), but protein is a macronutrient, just like carbohydrates and fat.

Protein

I used to buy whey protein but I no longer feel like I need it. I eat tons of protein through chicken, turkey, dairy, etc. in a normal day so I have no need for extra. I also have become a big fan of drinking chocolate milk after a workout, it tastes delicious and has a lot of the same stuff that protein shakes have.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way qualified to give advice on dietary matters, I'm just sharing what has personally worked best for me in the past.

Protein

Quote: (11-15-2011 12:51 AM)wi30 Wrote:  

I used to buy whey protein but I no longer feel like I need it. I eat tons of protein through chicken, turkey, dairy, etc. in a normal day so I have no need for extra. I also have become a big fan of drinking chocolate milk after a workout, it tastes delicious and has a lot of the same stuff that protein shakes have.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way qualified to give advice on dietary matters, I'm just sharing what has personally worked best for me in the past.

There are ways around Whey. If you think your diet is legit then you don't need it. The Choco Milk Post-Work will give you a Glycogen boost and I think the Calcium helps in the processing of the glucose. BUT you aint getting the protein from that, it would most likely be coming from your closet post-workout meal, which I assume you must load up on with protein.

Body type has a lot to do with it also. You could be blessed with the right match of cells that builds muscle easily and quickly.

Protein

Protein have long chain of amino acid and it have 22 different types, it is important for the body to function well. Many vegetables and fruits which have protein is important.

Protein

Branded Whey Protein powders like ON, Dymatize have glutamine in it and that is something you won't ever find in milk.

Protein

Well, I've done ok in the last few months, so here's my 2 cents:

Consistency working out. If you want progress in one month, that means the gym six times a week, either 2 or 3 days splits. You want muscle? Start lifting heavy, and do the basics with 4-5 complementary exercises. Diet comes second.

Diet: eat a meal 1-2 hours before going to the gym, and eat after, including plenty of carbs - I like rice and meat, so I usually eat chinese or Indian. You'll perform better. I HIGHLY recommend creatine if you remember to increase your water intake. I also like to train before going to bed because after working out 8 hours sleep seems like the best way to grow.

So... my answer for your growth formula?

Eat like a monster.
Source: I've gained about 20lbs in 5 months, and my bench has increased from 5x180 to 5x270.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Protein

I've always been a big eater(6'5,275), my typical pattern is:
Breakfast: 4 eggs and 1/3 to 1/2 of a pound of sausage, I add 2-3 cups of oatmeal if I don't have enough sausage or eggs
Lunch: 8-12oz burger or 10-12oz of salmon or 1 pound of pasta and meat sauce and either salad/asparagus/sweet potato
Dinner:Same as Lunch

I've realized that since I eat such portions, the best time to go to the gym is after breakfast for me.
Low-fat cottage cheese is a very good source of protein(28g per cup), but I like to use ricotta(More fat, same Protein content).
Another way that I used to eat was that I would buy a few pounds of 3 meats and a pound of cheese so that I could make sandwiches for a week. You can fix a deli-quality meal requiring little time for prep/making/cleanup, it travels well, and you can add veggies(filler) if you feel like you need to eat a little healthier.

Protein

Isn't the cleanest form of protein high protein plants like beans, nuts, tempeh, quinoa, lentils, and acai

I also like wild caught fresh fish? Along with egg whites?

I have been eating alot of wild caught sardines mixed with avocado and corn tortillas.

Whey protein powder is disgusting to me because its comes from farm raised cows. These cows are raised ankle deep in their own shit. These are the same cows that are used to make fast food hamburgers. Whey protein powder comes from the stomach of these cows. I wouldn't touch anything that comes from those cows. I do use an organic powder somestimes bit its very expensive.

Protein

Quote: (12-02-2011 01:42 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Isn't the cleanest form of protein high protein plants like beans, nuts, tempeh, quinoa, lentils, and acai

I also like wild caught fresh fish? Along with egg whites?

I have been eating alot of wild caught sardines mixed with avocado and corn tortillas.

Whey protein powder is disgusting to me because its comes from farm raised cows. These cows are raised ankle deep in their own shit. These are the same cows that are used to make fast food hamburgers. Whey protein powder comes from the stomach of these cows. I wouldn't touch anything that comes from those cows. I do use an organic powder somestimes bit its very expensive.

What powder is that? I have found that all these powders I use have made my stomach bloat. I listen to my body.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards