rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Registering an Enterprise

I am looking forward to start an individual company (not an LLC or partnership), asap, in any of the following countries:

-Ukraine
-Russia
-Italy
-France
-Switzerland

Although I am open to other countries as well.

My prime concerns are:
1. Low tax in the respective country

2. No BS like United States where a non-resident still has to pay taxes earned from income abroad

3. Lesser hassles in registering (I am a foreigner for all these countries so no big deal on that)

4. Freedom in working, tax etc (and for future conversion into LLC)

5. Credibility, if registering a company at some place earns it [Image: dodgy.gif]

Suggestions?

My immediate reaction is to wonder what kind of business you starting and why those destinations would be attractive to you.

I am moving to SIngpaore and launching there for a reason - it has consistently been the number one or number two place for the last several years as a startup destination.

I can't see why you'd want to incorporate in a place like Ukraine, France, or Russia, which are notorious for outrageous amounts of red tape.

I'm not sure about Italy. Switzerland might be okay.

Singapore meets all the requirements you listed above.

Hong Kong does as well.

For some reason, New Zealand and Denmark have recently been rated the best places to do business, although I"m not sure if that means the best place to start a company.

The Canton of Zug has the most advantageous tax situation in Switzerland, like Delaware in the US. You're criteria pretty much eliminate the other countries, including Italy, as YMG has pointed out. Have you considered Macedonia or Georgia?

http://www.doingbusiness.org/rankings might be useful to you.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (11-02-2011 12:57 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

My immediate reaction is to wonder what kind of business you starting and why those destinations would be attractive to you.

I am moving to SIngpaore and launching there for a reason - it has consistently been the number one or number two place for the last several years as a startup destination.

I can't see why you'd want to incorporate in a place like Ukraine, France, or Russia, which are notorious for outrageous amounts of red tape.

I'm not sure about Italy. Switzerland might be okay.

Singapore meets all the requirements you listed above.

Hong Kong does as well.

For some reason, New Zealand and Denmark have recently been rated the best places to do business, although I"m not sure if that means the best place to start a company.

I am starting out an online business.

I know Ukraine and Russia completely suck when it comes to red-tape, but the thing is most of my clients are going to be from EE and Central Europe.
Switzerland is a good idea.
As for other countries (Singapore, Hongkong), I think registration requires being present physically, and am not sure if I will be able to land up in these places easily.
Denmark has the highest tax rates in the world.

Quote: (11-02-2011 01:13 PM)Soma Wrote:  

The Canton of Zug has the most advantageous tax situation in Switzerland, like Delaware in the US. You're criteria pretty much eliminate the other countries, including Italy, as YMG has pointed out. Have you considered Macedonia or Georgia?

http://www.doingbusiness.org/rankings might be useful to you.

I have already been to that link you have posted, but it is basically for LLC and not Individual Enterprises. Individual ownership is much less pain everywhere, but I need a solid understand in terms of benefits, liberty and tax exemptions I am getting.

Ami, I am pretty sure you do not have to be physically present in Singapore to set up a business. It'll take an extra week or two to do the operation online, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to be physically present. City states like HK/Singapore have forged themselves roles as international business locations by making registration easy like this.

Even if your clients are EE based, it does not mean you necessarily have to be registered in their country. I would imagine the amount of headaches you'd have to deal with would make it not worth it.

Thanks YMG,
By the way, as I once noticed in one of your posts, I have just tried to sign up at internations.
Hope the community there could also help me, for current and future endeavors.

"Singapore Companies Act does not allow foreign individuals or entities to self-register a company."
Plus, you have to be physically present, by obtaining a special kind of Visa (Entrepass)

Similar thing for Hong Kong...

[Image: confused.gif]

No from Switzerland - http://blog.startups.ch/en/2011/10/10/fo...-business/

Creating a company in Portugal FAQ:

http://www.empresanahora.pt/ENH/sections/EN_faq/

A: There is no legal bar to foreign citizens participating in the setting up of companies in Portugal. But there is one prerequisite, which is the legal requirement to be in possession of a tax identification number at the time the company is incorporated. It is sometimes necessary for foreign residents in Portugal to seek advice from the Border and Foreigners Control Service (SEF) with a view to removing any obstacle to their participation as members of the company that is to be created