rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Charity Event/Volunteer Game

Since the topic of swooping while volunteering/bell-ringing has come up recently, this got me thinking of charity events that I've been to in the past year or so. There are a couple of threads on the board about these, but I think it would be a good idea to consolidate.

Generally, these events are full of gorgeous women who are there for the taking. A few friends of mine have thrown some pretty high end events that have drawn large crowds, which means a lot of women. They vary from young to cougar/MILF types, and they are usually pretty formal as well, which means they won't be wearing flip flops. Keep in mind that I am relatively new to gaming women, and therefore haven't come away with any results as of yet, but there is a potential untapped resource. The shields are down due to the nature of charity events, and asking something as simple as 'What brings you to this event?' or 'Why do you support this particular cause?' is already a way to open any girl there. From there you can take it in many directions.

You tend to see women of different cultures and backgrounds as well. Very good diversity. You don't necessarily have to pay the entry fee that many have, as long as you dress the part and make yourself look like you belong there. When I go to these, I am always suited down a la GManifesto. Usually these events have an open bar for the patrons since they pay hefty entry fees and you can easily get the ladies to drink enough so that they become even easier.

I don't have as much experience in the volunteer game, but I would imagine it's also a goldmine for swooping ladies. Any board members here that can chime in should definitely do so. If you guys want more details just let me know and I'll give you as much gory detail as you'd like!

Good thread.

I will probably add more to this thread, as it develops, as the is one of the pillars of my Game.

Here one big advantage of these gigs:

They are "closed gigs" similar to weddings VS "open gig" which would be a night out at a nightclub.

I have been meaning to do a post on "Open Gigs" VS "Closed Gigs" for a while, but I think you guys know what I mean.

The advantage of "Closed Gigs" is it is very easy to get rapport with people, namely fly girls. Everyone there has something in common already.

Also, these gigs put you at a higher level than the competition with fly, quality girls. Key word here being quality.

Think about it, she met you on Thursday night at the Charity Social while smooth as hell and Custom Suited Down.

And she met another guy at a annoying nightclub on Friday in Skinny jeans and a glitter shirt with a hipster fedora.

Which one do you think she is going to call first?

Which one is she going to pick up her phone for?

You got it.

thanks for adding to this GMan. one thing i didnt mention that you hit right away was that its an instant DHV that youre there to begin with.

timing can be everything, especially if you arent paying the entry fee, which can sometimes be steep depending on where the event is and where its held. for the players on a tight budget, getting there early can mean that you dont have to check in or register. the other option is to come in fashionably late and rock a nice custom suit and act like you belong. i think both can work depending on your ability to tell a story.

one of the last events i was at had a few beautiful grey goose vodka models there serving drinks, and most of the crowd was older than i am. there were still plenty of young professional type women who were so easygoing and receptive to being opened that it caught me off guard since i never looked at these events as places to swoop (this was before i took the red pill).

will add more as it comes to me.

Quote: (01-18-2012 10:23 AM)at350zguyy Wrote:  

thanks for adding to this GMan. one thing i didnt mention that you hit right away was that its an instant DHV that youre there to begin with.

timing can be everything, especially if you arent paying the entry fee, which can sometimes be steep depending on where the event is and where its held. for the players on a tight budget, getting there early can mean that you dont have to check in or register. the other option is to come in fashionably late and rock a nice custom suit and act like you belong. i think both can work depending on your ability to tell a story.

one of the last events i was at had a few beautiful grey goose vodka models there serving drinks, and most of the crowd was older than i am. there were still plenty of young professional type women who were so easygoing and receptive to being opened that it caught me off guard since i never looked at these events as places to swoop (this was before i took the red pill).

will add more as it comes to me.

This option:

Quote:Quote:

"the other option is to come in fashionably late and rock a nice custom suit and act like you belong."

Is better.

I never really thought about the opportunities to pickup women while also helping people. Anytips on how to choose a good charity that would hold events like this? Do you have to put in a certain amount of time before being invited?

Main problem is that women who volunteer are usually not too striking in the looks department. Let's be honest, the more attractive the girl, the more solipsistic she is and the less likely to give her valuable time out to help random strangers. I've never in my life heard a fine girl say she wants to work a soup kitchen, clean trash off the beach or join Habitat for Humanity.

Charity events might be different though since they often involve high-power people and philanthropists were serious moolah.

Quote: (01-18-2012 01:53 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Main problem is that women who volunteer are usually not too striking in the looks department. Let's be honest, the more attractive the girl, the more solipsistic she is and the less likely to give her valuable time out to help random strangers. I've never in my life heard a fine girl say she wants to work a soup kitchen, clean trash off the beach or join Habitat for Humanity.

Charity events might be different though since they often involve high-power people and philanthropists were serious moolah.

Any non-profit organization will have volunteers. Think art museums, humane society, planned parenthood, theaters, film centers, libraries, etc.

In fact, if I were going to get into volunteering as a means of pick-up, I'd go straight to museums and theaters. I know several hot women that volunteer at these, not to mention that I have a few in my hood that have events all the time in the summer. I may just have to try this.

Alternatively, you could become a member or patron of these places, and add a little culture to your gaming. The basic-level yearly membership at my local (2nd tier, US city) museum is $55, and includes the formal events and exhibit previews. That's pennies.

So I'm not really good at finding them, and it's difficult to predict which events will have more women than others. The reason I have been attending more recently is because friends of mine either organize them or sponsor them and they bring me along for company.

I think my favorite ones are charity galas featuring a fashion show because that means there are models. A lot of times there is a way to get a VIP ticket which gives you access to an afterparty or cocktail hour with models. In my limited experience with these, drunk models = easy swoops. Any thoughts GMan?

Quote: (01-18-2012 01:53 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Right.

With these gigs you are targeting more "blue-blood" (sweeping generalization), ex-top sorority, dad has millions liquid type girls.

Or good looking girls with half a brain. Girls with a job making decent coin that thinks (correctly) every guy in here office and social circle is wack as hell.

You know, the girl who "studied abroad" in Europe, had a BMW in college, and shared a nice 3br apartment in college with one roommate. Maybe got a 3.7 GPA, played on the soccer team, again, was in the best sorority on campus, and got a job straight out of college from Dad's "connections". After a summer back in Europe of course.

You won't typically find the "P0rno-sheek" girl with fake boobs and the ed hardy dress, snorting coke non-stop in Las Vegas on Labor day weekend party type girl.

Essentially, you are targeting girls from a higher socio-economic bracket.

Man I can't wait til I get into one of these events customed suited down ala G.

Something to be cautious of though: Gather enough knowledge to not look like a fool if you get asked a question regarding the event and what can stem from it. I'm sure you've seen it quite alot in TV shows.

Will look online and newspaper for charity events in my current city. I advice everyone to do the same and just try it for fun.

Here's a quick rundown:

1) Don't think of charity events as “events;” they are more a combination of different social circles, i.e. staff/donors/do gooders/friends/corporations/industries.
2) People attending want to help, but most of all they want to reinforce their own social standing, meet new people like themselves and have fun; your DHV is already assumed
3) The events usually create a flat social hierarchy where everyone can talk to everyone freely
4) Are 1) not thought of as a Game venue, and 2) a “safe” environment, so women's' guard is very low
5) Fits nicely into female princess/In Touch fantasies
6) Provide the easiest openings around

Types of Events;

1) Big formal sit down events in huge hotel halls
Unless there's significant social time (i.e. dancing) afterwards, may not be ideal for game. Scenes are dictated by table (Law Firm X at tables 1-5, Multinational Z at tables 37-41). You don't want to be at a stupid banquet where people like me go up and accept awards for our organizations, then the charity spends 2 hours telling you how great they are. And you have to sit down the whole time. F--- that.

2)Big events in non-traditional places
Like train stations, museums, outdoor gardens, and public plazas; YES. The best charity game IMO occurs at free-form places (spatially) and maximizes socializing time. Lots of time and places to game, plus you can ignore speakers if you want.

3) Fun Run/Marathons
May be good for active types who like skinny girls. I have no idea because I'm black and like it thick.

4) Innovative Events
This, IMO, is best. These formats have less talking and formal crap, which is good for you. I was at a “Couture” Fundraiser last month at a high end boutique, where profits from sales went to the charity. Free entry, only RSVP needed. Models tried on stuff. Women drank champagne. I drank champagne. Everyone is in a great mood. The mix; me, 10 other straight dudes, 20 gay dudes, 80 women (who can actually fit into the slinky clothes). Does it get better? I was talking to a NFL backup (sent by the team as part of its charity support) and he was like “DAMN, n-----!”

Also, along these lines, events in Art Galleries, antique galleries, fancy-pants restaurants or any clothing/boutique stores are ideal. The charity usually has an “in” in these places and the store will invite their clients. When you see where its held, you can guess who will be attending.

Groups that hold the best charity events for game:
1) Any new online-type charity; always made up of 20-30 somethings drinking. Think about groups like Kiva (hell any group that does micro- anything) and Taporoot.
2) Urban Chicks' Groups; there's a proliferation of online-based networking groups for women that hold tons of charity events. Sure it seems like a bratty facebook page come to life then multiplied by 200, but the ratios are there. And the drinks too.
3) Country Groups. I know people here want flags, so keep in mind that the Brazilian group in your town will hold fundraisers (lol I'm familiar with my local Brazilian group), or the Italian group will hold a tasting at a restaurant. Plus the language institutes will as well. And never, ever forget about the Sister Cities program in your town which is often the epicenter for international events.
4) Advertising/Design/PR/Retail/Magazine industries; these industries are loaded with hot, shallow women. Firms always have pet charities they support.

(note; just so I'm not hit by lightning, must point out I take these charities' missions very seriously... but we're not here to talk about that)

Quote: (01-18-2012 03:58 PM)46. Wrote:  

Groups that hold the best charity events for game:
1) Any new online-type charity; always made up of 20-30 somethings drinking. Think about groups like Kiva (hell any group that does micro- anything) and Taporoot.

I happened to find myself at a micro-finance charity event a while back with my parents (they pretty much dragged me along). Involved in micro-finance in Papua New Guinea and Timor-Leste (East Timor). There was a huge amount early 20 somethings who volunteer for the charity there.

I co-sign with speakeasy in regards to their looks. I distinctly remember them as mostly being well below average looking. All the ones I talked to were liberal arts or law students all from the same university (the most elite in my state, private school crowd and supposed to have the finest looking women).

One of them gave a speech, short plain looking Asian law student girl. In hindsight, she reminds me of a lesbian rights activist. The way she dressed and talked was extremely masculine. You'd think they'd pick a better looking and less abrasive spokeswoman.

Keep in mind this is an entirely different ball game than a high flier charity event. I'm not hating on what the OP and G are dropping data on. This was more of a uni based charity group showing off their work to upper-middle class middle aged folk like my parents type of deal.

@PDX Sure you could get lucky and meet and seduce a cutie you met through a charity you started volunteering for, but it's unproductive. The environment just isn't "target rich" enough to be worth the time. Unless it's something your interested in already there's no real point.

Some events have networking opportunities before and/or after these events are over with a cocktail hour. These are great times to take advantage of the low shields and friendly nature of just about everyone present.

Quote: (01-18-2012 04:45 PM)P Dog Wrote:  

@PDX Sure you could get lucky and meet and seduce a cutie you met through a charity you started volunteering for, but it's unproductive. The environment just isn't "target rich" enough to be worth the time. Unless it's something your interested in already there's no real point.

I should clarify.

Not all volunteering is done at charities. Not all fundraising events are only for charities.

Charities are under a bigger umbrella term: non-profits.

There are as many types of non-profits as you can think of. Those helping the homeless or environment (and the earthy, homely girls that come with them) are only a fraction. If you think more along the lines of where the gamer is going to find a richer environment, you have professional organizations (business, architecture, etc.) and cultural institutions (museums, theaters, etc.).

These have volunteers and fund-raising events as much as any charity. And, I'd assume, better looking patronage than the "grittier" charities. (The former I have much more experience with than the latter.)

But I agree with you, volunteering for the sake of poon only is going to be inefficient. And I think the whole key to this approach is the fundraising events, and not the daily operations.

Here facebook is useful. Look up the event beforehand. Check out the list of people attending. You may have to say "yes" you're attending yourself to see it. This is okay, it's not a commitment to actually attending.

Indicators of a young fun crowd:
Dress code requirement
DJ
Dancing
Cocktails
No seating, you stand the whole event.

Indicators of a boring older crowd:
No mention of dress code.
Lecture
Performance
Dinner
Seated audience event.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Quote: (01-19-2012 06:28 PM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

Indicators of a young fun crowd:
Dress code requirement
DJ
Dancing
Cocktails
No seating, you stand the whole event.

Indicators of a boring older crowd:
No mention of dress code.
Lecture
Performance
Dinner
Seated audience event.

The event from my post above had a dress code and it still sucked balls.

You're not looking for a "young fun crowd". Your looking for a sophisticated crowd that brings out attractive sophisticated women. A good chunk of the event will be older rich men and their wives. This ain't a frat party.

I'm going to take pictures at the next one or two that I go to and you guys can get an idea of the kind of women that are there. but what p dog said about a lot of older rich men and their wives is definitely true, which makes it even better when youre a young gun in terms of competition.

What about actual charity/volunteer work?

Quote: (01-22-2012 06:46 PM)houston Wrote:  

What about actual charity/volunteer work?

Houston -

Yeah, that is good to do for a multitude of reasons. Good for your soul.

But as far as swooping, it will most likely be hit or miss.

Maybe find out the day the super hot sorority in town is doing their volunteer work. Could be goldmine. Never gone that route though.

The gigs are higher percentage plays.

>What about actual charity/volunteer work?

In all honesty, with most volunteer work you're too busy doing the job to cash in on the DHV much. You're far better off keeping your time free and doing day game and night game approaches than filling up what little time you've got left after work with yet another job that you're unpaid for.

BUT for a shy guy starting out, selling raffle tickets is a pretty good exception. People EXPECT you to open them and flirt them up to warm them up to buying your tickets. It''s the entirety of your job. You've got built in rambles about the charity the money is supporting, what the raffle prizes are, who donated them, who the leadership of the event is, what's happening next. If you've not done openers before, volunteering to sell raffle tickets is a good way to get up off your ass and start. And you've got to flirt up everyone --young, old, pretty, ugly. Everyone there in the entire goddamn room, you've got to open at least once.

Other than that, I'd only recommend crewing. If you're young and poor, there are tons of yacht owners starving for penniless young men to help them race their expensive boats, many of which sit in dock for a lack of a crew. The bet each race is a case of wine, paid for by the captains. So if you crew you've now got regular parties to invite girls to, you've got your drinking budget paid, and you've got a DHV because you're part of the race crew for a boat some one else pays for. All for one race a week that lasts under an hour for a few months of the year. A good return on the time investment of learning the ropes and how to follow captain's orders during a race. Just find the Harbor Masters office, bring up you're interested in crewing for a race, and they'll generally point you to multiple captains and clubs that need you and how to get trained. (There's also the Henley Rowing Regatta version of crewing, which I have no personal experience with, but the link covers well)

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

I don't really want to start a new thread for this one.

Theres this program at my school called "safewalk" basically after 6pm you can call up safewalk and they'll walk you anywhere on campus so the millions of rapists on campus dont rape the shit out of you before you get to a place 5 minutes away.

Would this be a good platform for running game. I'm assuming the general clientele is women who are scared of everything or massive feminists who are the equivalent of our STD trolls when it comes to getting raped.

Pros:
- timid women, get to make them feel comfortable/secure
- guaranteed 15 minutes of talking time
- good practice for rambling/conversations

Cons:
- might lose your job if a crazy feminist overreacts to asking for a number as you part ways
- might look "beta" for walking her all over the place

Quote: (04-12-2012 02:07 AM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I don't really want to start a new thread for this one.

Theres this program at my school called "safewalk" basically after 6pm you can call up safewalk and they'll walk you anywhere on campus so the millions of rapists on campus dont rape the shit out of you before you get to a place 5 minutes away.

Would this be a good platform for running game. I'm assuming the general clientele is women who are scared of everything or massive feminists who are the equivalent of our STD trolls when it comes to getting raped.

Pros:
- timid women, get to make them feel comfortable/secure
- guaranteed 15 minutes of talking time
- good practice for rambling/conversations

Cons:
- might lose your job if a crazy feminist overreacts to asking for a number as you part ways
- might look "beta" for walking her all over the place

I don't see a crazy feminist going apeshit on you for something as innocent as a phone number. Fuck if people think it's "beta". It sounds like a good idea even just to practice your conversation skills. Get on it.

my school had this and it wasnt just girls who used the service. they usually had 2 males walking with 1 female as well, so it wasnt like it was one on one with a female.

maybe its different at your school westerncancer?

I dunno P-dog I come from the land of crazy ass feminists, i guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

at350zguyy: I thought of this last night as I was walking home and saw a hot girl with the safewalk guy.I've only ever seen girls with them, but who knows I'll have to look into it more.

Quote: (04-12-2012 09:28 AM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I dunno P-dog I come from the land of crazy ass feminists, i guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

at350zguyy: I thought of this last night as I was walking home and saw a hot girl with the safewalk guy.I've only ever seen girls with them, but who knows I'll have to look into it more.

I would have jumped on that in a second if my college had it. You will be building comfort and have the potential of building a massive social circle in the process.

On the days when your not working you will probably see some girls you walked home out at parties. Now your out partying with her, she is already comfortable and knows your not going to rape her, and you can offer to walk her home later when your both drunk without tripping her alarm system.

So so much potential in that idea. If your college has this, do it. If your college doesn't have this, start it.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha