rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "What is there to do here?" shit test

Being from one of the most popular tourist destinations in the US, I've consistently come across many girls from other parts of the US and other countries. These girls are clearly in vacation mode, doing whatever things they do whenever on vacation. Whenever I mention I'm a local, I sometimes receive the inquiry about things that I would suggest that they do in the city.

These types of questions seem innocuous at first, but I've increasingly been paying attention to the contexts in which they appear. In reality, it's girls' attempt to extract information for free, similar to how some girls go out to extract free drinks from foolish guys at a bar. Not surprisingly, I've noticed this behavior mostly with American girls (both in real life and online). And also not surprisingly, when I recommend that I bring these girls on a tour of my own (with some KINO or more involved of course), they quickly shut up more often than not.

I've been thinking of some more ways that I could handle this situation in order to filter out time wasters or isolate girls that are more compliant. What have you folks done when faced with this type of scenario?

Quote: (07-25-2018 06:36 AM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote:  

Being from one of the most popular tourist destinations in the US, I've consistently come across many girls from other parts of the US and other countries. These girls are clearly in vacation mode, doing whatever things they do whenever on vacation. Whenever I mention I'm a local, I sometimes receive the inquiry about things that I would suggest that they do in the city.

<snip>

"Depends on how adventurous you are..."

I'm going to assume that you're meeting these women IN your city/town/tourist destination. What is there to do there ?

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

I wouldn't call that a shit test. Just throw in 2-3 places to see and focus on telling a story about them. If they're interested they will bite and join you. It helps to know a bit about the girl, if she's into clubs then tell her you know an amazing club (close to your flat) where your friend used to be a DJ (insert a story to make it more interesting).
Imo, girls who are on vacation solo or with 1 friend are much easier to game than groups. Girls in groups of 3+ seem like fun but they don't really end up with guys at the end of the night. There's just too much cock-blocking.

I can understand where the OP is coming from, but at the same time if a guy with a map comes up to me and asks NICELY "what is there to do here" I wouldn't mind telling him a thing or two.

Of course these US girls more often than not asks with an overbearingly entitled attitude, sometimes you just want to tell them to go to a Sharia no-go zone. I'm in Paris so I get this a lot. For some reasons girls always single me out in a crowd full of blacks, whites and arabs to ask me in English where and how to get to things, because an Asian Parisian just have to speak English right?

If you want to game the girls then bait and switch. "Depends on how adventurous..." is a good line, but girls here would just take that as harassment if she doesn't find you attractive. I would start with "What do you like to do" or better yet, some cold reading. "You look like the artsy type, so let me see..." always worked well. After that it's hit or miss like most approaches.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Quote: (07-25-2018 08:23 AM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

I can understand where the OP is coming from, but at the same time if a guy with a map comes up to me and asks NICELY "what is there to do here" I wouldn't mind telling him a thing or two.

Of course these US girls more often than not asks with an overbearingly entitled attitude, sometimes you just want to tell them to go to a Sharia no-go zone. I'm in Paris so I get this a lot. For some reasons girls always single me out in a crowd full of blacks, whites and arabs to ask me in English where and how to get to things, because an Asian Parisian just have to speak English right?

If you want to game the girls then bait and switch. "Depends on how adventurous..." is a good line, but girls here would just take that as harassment if she doesn't find you attractive. I would start with "What do you like to do" or better yet, some cold reading. "You look like the artsy type, so let me see..." always worked well. After that it's hit or miss like most approaches.

Yeah, the second paragraph is more the situation I'm talking about, minus the part about being specifically approached by people who don't speak my native language (English). It's one thing if a guy is asking for information during a conversation, since I deal with guys differently than I do with girls, but that's not what this thread is about.

And this is in NYC, although I won't be here much longer. There is a neverending overflow of tourists and expatriates here, like in Paris.

Simple human desire to find out what are the top things to do in a tourist area is not a shit test, c'mon folks.

Honestly, dumb or other questions like these are a great approach invitation.

Can you spin around her request to turn it into flirty convo?

"What to do? Well let's say you're the kind of girl who ________" [something she identifies with] "... you definitely would NOT want to visit _________" [something she probably will be curious about] .... she should light up and want to know.

Getting in a cold read, taking her out of the "tourist frame" and into the "I must have selected this guy to ask for some reason, what's his story?"

Also easy to lead on instadates.

If she's sounding bitchy and bored, just apply more of the same (cold read, joke, etc.).

Or tell her some unique spots she isn't soooo likely to hear, then tell her to hit you up for more fun this weekend (and give her your card or get her info if she's amenable).

Personally I love touting my city, and also enjoy seeing if I can have fun with a "dropped-into-my-lap" interaction. Assume the sale.

Women want to be stimulated and their buttons pushed. Guys should get a clue I'm picking up women signals if not they will be posting threads such as this.

What is there to do here?

"me, of course."

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA