rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Safest way to store important documents

Hello, Gentlemen i hope your days are going on well. I am very appreciative of wisdom displayed in this forum therefore i am constantly delving in the different threads. Anyways, i come to you looking for an input pertaining to something rather important. I have important documents that i need to stash away where cunning relatives or malicious actors cannot touch them without my approval or the approval of a trusted business partner. i am talking about deeds to lands/properties. Furthermore, i have been studying the blockchain technology but i am not 100% confident in it to be able to confidently stash these documents on the so called cloud where i can have the only access to them. Are there any other ways to stash documents away legally where noone without my consent can touch em. All advise is appreciated.

Print the documents and store them in a safe. This method has worked for thousands of years.

Quote: (07-11-2018 11:25 AM)Avadhuta Wrote:  

Print the documents and store them in a safe. This method has worked for thousands of years.

Thanks.

I use a thumb drive and a program called VeraCrypt. It’s aviailble for Mac , Windows , and Linux.

Quote: (07-11-2018 11:25 AM)Avadhuta Wrote:  

I would suggest that if you're going to buy a safe, make it a good one.

thread-59975.html

A lower cost option, and even more secure from theft or fire is a bank safe deposit box.

With a home safe, if the nefarious relatives somehow get the combination, they can get in. However, with a bank safe deposit box, even if they get the key, unless they are on the authorized list, they cannot get access.

There is something in the world of data storage called the "rule of three".

You should have one copy on your device (encrypted so that you can be the only one to access it)

One copy on local storage outside of the device, were the device to fail (external HDD or thumb drive)

One copy off site (cloud or in a hard drive off site) in case of fire or catastrophic event. I would never recommend cloud storage for important documents, as it isn't in your control.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

If you upload something confidential on most cloud services, make sure to encrypt it first (you can use VeraCrypt or 7Zip if you want something free).

You can also go with "no knowledge" clouds (ex : mega.co.nz, SpiderOak, Tresorit).

Some people keep these at their lawyer's office but there are problems with that.

Hash/ encrypt them and put on blockchain

Quote: (07-13-2018 05:13 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

Some people keep these at their lawyer's office but there are problems with that.

What are the problems?

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (07-11-2018 12:23 PM)Baphomet Wrote:  

[quote='Avadhuta' pid='1817858' dateline='1531326339']

A lower cost option, and even more secure from theft or fire is a bank safe deposit box.

Note that if the bank decides to close or relocate the branch and you don't find out about it in time, the bank will empty out the box and mail it in a Fedex package which might get delivered to someone's front porch by mistake.

If in the US, bear in mind that deeds are recorded with the county and are a public record; anyone can see them so there is no confidentiality.