rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How many Friends?

How many Friends?

I know this is a subjective question. But generally. How many friends does a man need?

How many Friends?

How could this ever be a fixed number?

I cut off a bunch of so called friends when I got into this lifestyle. The ones telling me I had changed and tried to hold me back were ultimately only around for their own benefit. That's not friendship.

How many Friends?

Quote: (09-26-2011 08:00 AM)Clyde Wrote:  

I know this is a subjective question. But generally. How many friends does a man need?

As simply put,

As many as you want / feel / desire.

It is completely subjective.

Some cats are fine with living a solitary life, some cats needs a big social circle with many friends ect.

Id recommend having atleast 1 good friend.

Me personally I got 2 friends from the 7th / 8th grade that are like brothers to me. Id do anything for them and they would do anything for me. After 13 years we have yet to have an argument or issues.

How many Friends?

Personally, I prefer to have at least 1 REAL friend that I can pretty much talk to anything about. Guys that consider your situation and well-being. Guys that don't hit you up for money or abuse your trust. Guys that you know you can count on and won't trash talk you behind your back.

Real friends are few and far between... the actual number itself doesn't matter. There were times in my life where I felt like I didn't really have anyone I could trust. I'm lucky to have a handful of them in my life today.

There's too many fake people out there for me to worry about wasting my time on. I have plenty of acquaintances, but I don't let them get too close. My true friends know the real me.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

How many Friends?

As many as you personally want

How many Friends?

Same for me as with GMAC. You really only need a couple and they will probably be people you've known a very long time.

"The ones telling me I had changed and tried to hold me back were ultimately only around for their own benefit. That's not friendship."

To be honest, ALL friendship is self-serving when you scratch the surface. Just like there's no such thing as unconditional love, there's no such thing as unconditional friendship either. That person is your friend as long as they are providing you something of value or there are enough commonalities and bonds to sustain the friendship. You will be very lucky if you have one life-long friendship that survives changes in lifestyle, distance and values. I have a few close friends, I expect them to be around for awhile, but I can't take for granted that something won't change. I had a long time friend in Tennessee that I made when I lived out there in high school. We were close for a long time, but last year he started to really change and got into a different type of circle and now we no longer talk. That happens.

How many Friends?

Here's a good gauge of friendship. Next time you move, see who show's up to help you pack. That's the day that will separate true friends from not.