rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Notice to all newbies

Notice to all newbies

If you have under 75 posts and you're criticizing another member, being a dick, trying to start an argument, posting race threads, or trolling by posting topics that go against the forum's general beliefs, you will be banned. No more polite warnings.

I have to tighten the ship because the forum is getting too big and being nice is causing a lot of subtle trolls to slip through. I don't like to be heavy-handed with moderation, but a lot of idiots are disrupting our discussions.

Like always, click Report under an offending newb post and I'll get him out of here. Don't bother with giving a negative rep point... that doesn't stop the behavior.

Notice to all newbies

Sounds good.

Notice to all newbies

Why not make a second rule that everybody who wants to join the forum must have done a minimum number of cold approaches (let's say more than 100 or 200), so he at least knows to some extend what he's talking about?

Notice to all newbies

Yeah, the rep -1 just comes right back at you I learned the hard way. A troll won't pause to reflect over a regulars cautions.

Notice to all newbies

If you received a neg rep from a troll or someone who was banned, let me know and I'll remove it.

I removed neg rep functionality for now.

Notice to all newbies

Roosh, me and Luckystar both got hit by franny before if was thrown out.

Notice to all newbies

Good policy. The growth is good, but the subtle trolling is definitely on the rise.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Notice to all newbies

Quote: (09-24-2011 11:21 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Good policy. The growth is good, but the subtle trolling is definitely on the rise.

Agreed. Trolls can seriously degrade the forum, potentially keeping prospective members from joining.

It's a good thing the neg rep function was removed. I've been meaning to neg rep the hell outta vicious, because he's Swedish. No I'm kidding.

Notice to all newbies

Yeah, every time I come on here there's new people making smart ass comments.

Notice to all newbies

people making smart ass comments doesn't mean their trolls. It means someone said something that got to them and their being passive aggressive..or someone said something that pissed them off. In either case there is reasoning behind their response.

A troll intentionally starts trouble without the use of reasoning or logic.

Notice to all newbies

Quote: (09-24-2011 11:35 AM)velkrum Wrote:  

people making smart ass comments doesn't mean their trolls. It means someone said something that got to them and their being passive aggressive..or someone said something that pissed them off. In either case there is reasoning behind their response.

A troll intentionally starts trouble without the use of reasoning or logic.

There is no need for smart ass / condescending comments.

Its perfectly fine to disagree with someone but people need to keep it civil and not personal.

Way too much smart ass disrespectful comments on the forum lately.

Notice to all newbies

Quote:Quote:

Correct. If everyone is making smart ass comments then the forum is finished. It's easier to be respectful.

Again, if you see such a comment, click the report button. The forum sometimes gets over 400 posts a day now. I can't personally read them all.

Notice to all newbies

The muscle building threads bring out the trolls, too, with guys talking about your "dick shrinking" from using steroids, etc.

Some cat is in another thread preaching morality to a married man.

It seems to me people can get "conventional wisdom" - i.e., wives tales and superstitions - everywhere else, and if all a guy can do is repeat wives tales, you gotta wonder why he's even here instead of on Oprah or Dr. Phil.

Notice to all newbies

Roosh, Do you think that the Forum is almost getting to the Point when it will need to be Invitation-only?

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Notice to all newbies

Quote: (09-24-2011 01:13 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Roosh, Do you think that the Forum is almost getting to the Point when it will need to be Invitation-only?

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6240-p...l#pid86820

Notice to all newbies

Quote: (09-24-2011 12:46 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Correct. If everyone is making smart ass comments then the forum is finished. It's easier to be respectful.

Again, if you see such a comment, click the report button. The forum sometimes gets over 400 posts a day now. I can't personally read them all.

Hey, why not give moderator privillages to Tuthmosis? He knows all type of trolls and he is respected member.

Notice to all newbies

While I'm not that far from a newbie (in number of cold approaches too, certainly less than 100), I wholeheartedly agree. Being rude and general assholery that we're witnessing are really terrible, so don't hesitate to pick up the banhammer.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Notice to all newbies

Well, he kinda looks like an older Roosh w/ the beard. Good ole Saint Roosh. He's a merry ole man until you fuck up his forum.

Notice to all newbies

We're are so civilized on this forum.

Notice to all newbies

I saw this girl wearing this at a local Cafe in Medellin 2 days ago...so, I made her my "pit bull" PR rep. [Image: smile.gif]

Notice to all newbies

The irony of having a forum full of alphas while making sure everyone plays nice and friendly is not lost on me.

Notice to all newbies

Quote: (09-25-2011 12:46 AM)Andreas Wrote:  

Hey, why not give moderator privillages to Tuthmosis? He knows all type of trolls and he is respected member.

This is a typical solution on other boards. Usually it's done to give moderator coverage from multiple time zones. But giving out moderator status to trusted people also lets newbies know who has the stamp of approval by the forum owner.

I don't recommend devoting too much time to weeding out bad forum postings that haven't gotten much attention to begin with. If you can't keep up with reading that many posts, neither can anyone else, and the drek quickly ages out from lack of interest naturally. And you're already highlighting the posts that you like.

The first step in changing minds is them disagreeing and attempting to debate. It's part of the process. You could just make a hidden forum Isle of Misfit Threads the way craigslist has and move posts that don't pass muster there. (For non-USA, it's a reference to the The Isle of Misfit Toys )

And instead of requiring a number of posts (which just leads to people posting "first!"), it's too bad the board can't support putting up a multiple choice test like what we have to pass for a drivers license and force people to have to get a passing grade on that to be able to post... and only one try per day.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Notice to all newbies

The simplest solution is to be more liberal with banning. It's like if you have a good group of friends, you really don't benefit from having that one marginal dude lying around.

My main misgiving is that there are lots of threads in the Girls section that aren't about enhancing your game, like "What do you consider a 10?" I just avoid those. But other guys seem to enjoy them.

That, and people writing short posts that don't offer anything of substance. It's kinda sad that I can PM someone and get a better response than I would if I wrote up a whole thread.

Notice to all newbies

Quote: (09-27-2011 01:56 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

My main misgiving is that there are lots of threads in the Girls section that aren't about enhancing your game, like "What do you consider a 10?" I just avoid those. But other guys seem to enjoy them.

There has definitely been an marked increase in low-quality threads (mostly started by newbies), for sure. I don't see any problem with having some of the "fun" threads (e.g., "What do you consider a 10?") in addition to the traditional "tips and tactics" threads. The problem I see is that, despite the newbie forum, we have a lot of "what do I do now?", one-liner thread starters, and repeat questions popping up.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Notice to all newbies

Quote: (09-27-2011 10:00 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (09-27-2011 01:56 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

There has definitely been an marked increase in low-quality threads (mostly started by newbies), for sure. I don't see any problem with having some of the "fun" threads (e.g., "What do you consider a 10?") in addition to the traditional "tips and tactics" threads. The problem I see is that, despite the newbie forum, we have a lot of "what do I do now?", one-liner thread starters, and repeat questions popping up.
I notice that too but lets not be too hard on newbies. Remember this is I think the no.1 game forum in the US-correct me if I'm wrong;I'm surprised we don't have 5 times the number of forumers. To put up too many conditions for posting will simply serve as a barrier. At the end of the day roosh is what it is-a free forum.
Lets just permanently ban bitches/homos/trannies and their associated subtribes.