rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pro surfer girl flabbergasted that guys treat her like a guy in the water

https://www.wavelengthmag.com/british-sh...ater-bali/

"BRITISH SHREDDER ALLANNAH BROWN ‘BULLIED OUT OF THE WATER’ IN BALI
A social media furore has subsequently erupted! Full story here:
LUKE GARTSIDE

15TH APRIL 2018

It’s no secret that tensions often run high in super crowded Bali lineups as hordes of tourists battle with crews of locals.

Social media is currently erupting after British shredder Allannah Brown posted a sequence of images and a story documenting a run in she had with one particular local at Medewi in Western Bali.

“Today i was bullied out of the water here in Medewi, Bali.” she wrote.

“I was sat in the line up for 40 minutes, this was my SECOND wave of the day and i was sat behind the main pack waiting for scraps because it was so busy.

I have been coming back to Medewi for 9 years and today on this wave, i was dropped in on by Local sponsored Volcom surfer Muklis Anwar.

He screamed and swore, raced up to me and tried to run my board over, hitting me, but luckily i managed to dodge him, so he violently kicked his board at me…

he then told me to f**k off and to leave the water. I left the water hysterical.

I now feel completely shocked at how i have been treated, let alone as a girl and incredibly intimidated by somebody that is supposed to be a role model to the younger generation of surfers in Bali. How am i supposed to react to this in water? Im not an aggressive, violent person and as a female i shouldn’t have to deal with being victimized by anyone.

As you can see in the photos, i have done nothing wrong, just trying to have fun in the ocean, because that’s why we surf? I was supposed to be staying here in Medewi for a month, now im leaving out of principle and how am i supposed to feel comfortable here? Guess i wont be coming back to Medewi for the 10th year.”

There is of course always two sides to every story and and the accused surfer recently replied on the post, hitting back at the accuser and sharing his anger at the volume of tourists at his home break. “I don’t give a fuck!!!” he wrote. “To many fuckin people at my home! Out of medewi you c—!!!” (ed. [sic] apart from the final word, which we’ve cut)

People were understandably angered by Anwar’s response, rushing to give him a wrap over the knuckles. Apparently seeing the error of his ways, he later posted the following on his account:

“I have a bad day today! Sorry I know I have dropped on a girl today and she have a photos showing that I am on a bad side. I would love to say sorry about it. It wasn’t like this. I was try to make a joke at the beginning of the waves and she were screaming at me so hard and so u know I were angry but to be honest I were not a guy that normally did this! It’s surfing everyone can have a bad day of surfing and specially I just try to surf my own break with so much people on it! I try to go and meet her to talk about it but unfortunately she’s left! Sorry once again! It’s my fouls! ?? Everyone make mistakes And This Was mine! Sorry to allanah brown”

Of course we imagine having your local line up full of tourists can get frustrating, but Allannah seems to have nothing wrong in the exchange. Surf tourism is a huge part of the Bali economy, serving as a double-edge sword for the locals that has existed since man first touch down in foreign lands with a surfboard tucked under his arm. Indeed at least one commentator (who we know personally to be a fairly reputable chap) has suggested that Anwar is involved with the running of a home stay, putting him in a precarious position within the debate.

Perhaps you think there’s more to this than meets the eye, or perhaps you reckon there’s no excuse for behaviour like this. Let us know in the comments."

OP commentary: this is funny because of how normal it would be at a populated lineup in Bali. There is no sexism here some people are just agro assholes and will do nasty shit. This girl and her followers are ridiculous because its the nature of the beast at some places. If she can't handle that find a less crowded spot where the waves aren't breaking as good or do some exploring by yourself.

She may have tried snaking waves and thought she'd be straight because she's a hot girl. If thats the case Dudes have gotten their asses beat,boards broken,and cars keyed for disrespect and she got off lightly compared to the worst that can happen as a guy

I bet you she doesn't realize this because of how often being a girl prevents it from happening.

WNB.

[Image: QmPWFgh.jpg]

[Image: GnVhWbU.jpg]

[Image: allannah-2-small.jpg?w=580]

What's the world coming to, I ask you? Kona's people were ready to execute dudebros who dropped in on higher-caste chieftesses' waves before Captain Cook landed. Now a chick can't even exercise white privilege in a third world shithole without someone saying Yankee Go Home, what the fuck is up with that? [Image: biggrin.gif]

Also from that article I've linked, dated 2015:

Quote:Quote:

On a Spanish island of The Canaries, Alena Ehrenbold is calmly floating on her surfboard, her eyes on the horizon. She is patiently waiting for her first real wave of the day. Alena is a professional Swiss surfer, and it is not by accident that she is currently ranked number one in her country. Regardless of her skills, she is at the bottom of the “pecking order” here in the Spanish archipelago. Being a foreigner on the island, she has to go by the rules and leave the best waves to the locals. She perfectly knows the unwritten code, so she silently sits well away from the pack.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (04-15-2018 09:33 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

WNB.

[Image: QmPWFgh.jpg]

[Image: GnVhWbU.jpg]

[Image: allannah-2-small.jpg?w=580]

White chick privilege is mostly for hot white chicks. Another mystery solved.

Konas people are no fucking joke when it comes to this shit.
I'll give him the respect and honor of dropping his piece about eddie rothman and the like if he does.
Good article. That girl is smart and knows what time it is.
The lighting of a car on fire to protect a surf break sounds llike a gmanifesto tweet "weesh dudes spontaneously combust into flames" "patiently lighting ubers on fire in my village by the sea"

And as for the girl: fuck McDonald's and Kellogg. Another perfectly good girl ruined by the food corporations sad.
Idk if this girl is competitive if she's fat like that. Paddling,and holding a proper arch isn't easy. A good session Should be more than enough excersize and burn more cals than most fitness bitches butt blaster routine.
But yeah fuck Kellogg and McDonald's for ruining 1000s of bangable bodies.

Rebel Wilson surfs now?

[Image: bda.jpeg]

Quote: (04-15-2018 10:09 PM)SteezeySteve Wrote:  

I'll give him the respect and honor of dropping his piece about xxxxx

Mahalo. Born and raised North Shore here.

Rule #1 before any lineup nonsense, you let Uncle Eddie speak for himself.

That whole crew, sure they got their issues, but the way they do things around Ehukai gets a bad rap. First and foremost, they are there for safety. And they get paid. There's not many people in the world that can surf a place like Pipeline, hence the need for control. Some joker gets out there and dies, beach shuts down, then everyone misses waves. It is not at all a territorial thing, at least in Hawaii. Yeah, you come close to hurting someone, you get your ass handed to you.

The hierarchy out here is 1) Time spent surfing North Shore 2) Ability to handle waves. 3) Mixture of the two. Unfortunately, once I got to "Uncles" status, I lost the moves. There's no way I go out at Pipe on a tier one day, orWaimea on a 30 foot day like I would have ten years ago. But take a look at the top guys. Some of,them are my age and never miss ahead. One of the head dudes is a little older than me.

Back fifteen plus years ago after my first deployment I was in town with a buddy from the navy who was also a surfer from California. We ran into some guys from the crew mentioned. It was a top-ten non contest day at Pipeline. The crew held everyone back and just let me and my buddyvtake as many as we wanted. I don't remember how many I took but went till I was worn out. It was one if the greatest days of my life. My buddy still says the same. Kelly Slater just sat and watched, all the pros did. It was real respect. Like letting a kid play stick all in Yankee stadium with a cheering capacity crowd. Great guys.

There's a part of that article we are overlooking that I have mentioned before. There is not one single female on the planet that surfs just for the love of surfing. Nope. Women surf because they want to get!fucked by guys that surf. Everybody knows it. That's why female contests are a waste of waves.

Aloha!

Obligatory music to listen to while reading Kona's post, hell, the whole thread:

Quote: (04-15-2018 09:39 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

What's the world coming to, I ask you? Kona's people were ready to execute dudebros who dropped in on higher-caste chieftesses' waves before Captain Cook landed.

I'd say this girl has it a lot better than Captain Cook. My people barbequed and ate that son of a bitch. RIP Captain Cook.

Aloha!

You cooked Cook?

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

Apparently Bali is the only place in the world where surfing is possible. Certainly not possible to visit a less crowded destination with plenty of waves for everyone (Australia's Gold Coast, for example). Nossir. No way.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

"I now feel completely shocked at how i have been treated, let alone as a girl and incredibly intimidated by somebody that is supposed to be a role model to the younger generation of surfers in Bali. How am i supposed to react to this in water? Im not an aggressive, violent person and as a female i shouldn’t have to deal with being victimized by anyone."

[Image: dodgy.gif]

Equal to guys until they need to play the victim card...

NEXT!

L:219  F:29  V:9  A:6  3S:1

"Water, water, everywhere, nor any drop to drink"

Quote: (04-16-2018 04:19 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

You cooked Cook?

Spam wasn't invented yet. It was the closest thing they had at the time.

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

Sorry hun, that's what equality feels like.

Quote: (04-16-2018 05:58 AM)IveBeenFramed Wrote:  

Quote: (04-16-2018 04:19 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

You cooked Cook?

Spam wasn't invented yet. It was the closest thing they had at the time.

They did make excellent sandwiches, though.

When anyone travels to a foreign country or a foreign spot, respect the local rules.

When i see the below, she is not respecting the rules.

[Image: 30708781_10156272084095120_5579341269747892224_o.jpg]

I loved the first response from the guy. Can't say the same for the (forced) apology.

Quote: (04-15-2018 09:12 PM)SteezeySteve Wrote:  

I was sat in the line up for 40 minutes, this was my SECOND wave of the day...
That's the problem right there. She was expecting third wave feminism but she was only on her second wave.

its likely they heard about how she steals jokes and boxed her out

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

Quote: (04-16-2018 01:50 AM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Obligatory music to listen to while reading Kona's post, hell, the whole thread:

I got a couple of Bruce Brown videos when I was a kid. I've watched them so many times that whenever I hear mention of Pupukea or Waimea Bay, Bud Shank Quartet is the soundtrack.

Quote: (01-19-2016 11:26 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  
I stand by my analysis.

Maybe that local dude had tried to score her the night before.

Anyway this stuff is nothing out of the ordinary in crowded lineups from Mexico to Morocco . If she didn't want crowds there are 17,000 islands in Indonesia and plenty of them have empty waves.

Well it's nice to see there's not as much white-knighting when the girl is ugly and fat.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Little Miss Piggy will just have to weeeeee weeeeee weeeee all the way home to the UK.

If you can't respect the culture and traditions of another country and the people in it, don't bother going and acting like an entitled dickhead.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

White chicks who surf ain't gonna get any respect being a Haole on break.

Regardless of her race, if she ain't a local, she ain't getting shit.

YOU DO NOT DROP IN ON A LOCAL BREAK - unless you have the blessing of the locals.

I've seen this time and time again on Oahu, and on local breaks here in SoCal.

Gotta love these kooks who don't respect the local customs.

Also, I didn't know whales could use surfboards.