rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Beer

Best Beer

I go to a place here in Orange County called "The Yardhouse". They have hundreds and hundreds of beers, which I have been trying at random. Some are really good, and some really suck. I know different people like different tastes, but I typically like the stuff that the majority likes. The best one I have tasted (so far) is Warsteiner Dunkel. I also like Stella Artois, XX, Fat Tire, Peroni, and my old favorite Moosehead. Obviously I have tasted tons others that I liked, but they didn't catch me to be a favorite. I will also drink Amstel light, or even a corona depending on where I am, and if I am gaming. I can drink a ton of either, and not get so hammered I slur. No game sounds good from a drunk(except to someone more drunk than you of course). Please throw out your favs, and try and avoid local microbrews, because no matter how good it is, i'm not flying across the country to try it.

Best Beer

I've been to the Yardhouse, cool place and the wings there are awesome. I usually like Bitberger for my brew. I need to experiment with more brands though. I wish I could order a beer sampler or something that would give you shotglasses of many different brews to see what you like.

Best Beer

Negra Modelo

Don't get that Modelo swill you find in 7-11. It's "Negra Modelo"

Best Beer

I really didn't start drinking beer until about a year and a half ago since highschool (back then it was 211's and Steele Reserves) but now, not particular order:

Reg Sam Adams
Sam Adams Summer
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Heiny
XX

In Bowie MD there is place called Duclaw Brewery that has a pretty good selection, I dont know which one is which cuz I just get two of the samplers (they give all of their beers in sample cups)

Best Beer

Kirin
Tsing Tao
Foster's

Best Beer

Blue Moon
Sam Adams Summer Ale
Stella

For those hot summer days, I wouldn't mind some Brahma.

Best Beer

Foster's is Australian slang for camel piss. No one down here drinks the stuff, which is precisely why we export it. Honest. No self respecting Aussie would even give it to their dog to drink. Must bars do not even stock it, only those tourist haunts.

Great Aussie beers include: Coopers Pale Ale, Little Creatures, Crown, James Boag, Bondi Blonde

Other solid beers include: Corona, Becks, Stella, Nastro Azzuro, Kirin,

'I blew most of my money on fast cars, booze and women. The rest I squandered' - George Best

Best Beer

Quote: (08-26-2008 08:42 PM)basil Wrote:  

Foster's is Australian slang for camel piss. No one down here drinks the stuff, which is precisely why we export it. Honest. No self respecting Aussie would even give it to their dog to drink. Must bars do not even stock it, only those tourist haunts.

DEAR BUDDHA, I'VE BEEN SUCKING CAMEL PENIS ALL THIS TIME????
Someone give me a bucket I think I'm gonna puke.

Best Beer

I really like Sapporo.

Best Beer

Yuengling Lager. An easy-drinking, inexpensive, tasty beer. Got me through college and I always stash a few away on my return to the western states... I'm slowly starting to find yuengling popping up further and further away from PA these days.

Best Beer

Quote: (08-27-2008 03:20 PM)duncanidaho Wrote:  

Quote: (08-26-2008 08:42 PM)basil Wrote:  

DEAR BUDDHA, I'VE BEEN SUCKING CAMEL PENIS ALL THIS TIME????
Someone give me a bucket I think I'm gonna puke.

Sorry to burst the bubble.

'I blew most of my money on fast cars, booze and women. The rest I squandered' - George Best

Best Beer

Some of my favorites:

Stella
Yeungling
Kirin
Tsing Tao
Mythos

Best Beer

Meckatzer Weissbier. Sweet nectar of the Gods.

Labatt 50 will do in a pinch.

There was a brewery here that unfortunately shut down and they used to sell what we affectionately referred to as "draft balls". They contained a few cases and later you could fashion the enormous plastic ball into a hat or small life raft.

Best Beer

Quote: (08-27-2008 06:35 PM)basil Wrote:  

Sorry to burst the bubble.

No worries. The next time I feel like giving a camel a blowjob I'll do so in the privacy of my home. [Image: nuts.gif]

Best Beer

Miller High Life

Best Beer

GMoney, even though I'm in DC now, I am from Los Angeles (city of!), so I am going to recommend micro brews but you will be able to find them nearby. First, Sierra Nevada is absolutely delicious, it's all over the country so it's practically a major brew at this stage; arrogant bastard ale is delicious, plus they insult you on the bottle, which is even better; Firestone Double Barrel Ale; most beers at the Karl Strauss brewery (Endless summer light is a nice summery one, low in % good for sipping). I'll update if I think of any more, but there are a million and one in Cali. Also try asking bartenders for recommendations, they've tried every single one in the bar.

Best Beer

Gmoney, i'm actually in Orange County right now, where abouts in OC are you?

As for beer,
my #1 is Leffe, then I like Paulaner Hef, and most belgian brews. Stella is good, Chimay, Duvel.. etc.

Best Beer

Quote: (09-05-2008 12:51 AM)kerouac Wrote:  

Gmoney, i'm actually in Orange County right now, where abouts in OC are you?

As for beer,
my #1 is Leffe, then I like Paulaner Hef, and most belgian brews. Stella is good, Chimay, Duvel.. etc.

Aliso Viejo, I tend to like the Belgian Brews also, guess it depends on the type of beer you like, then brand. A lot of people like the taste of Sierra Nevada, and Blue Moon, but I can't hack either one. Nobody else likes Warsteiner? WTF.

Best Beer

Quote: (08-31-2008 11:04 AM)JLP Wrote:  

GMoney, even though I'm in DC now, I am from Los Angeles (city of!), so I am going to recommend micro brews but you will be able to find them nearby. First, Sierra Nevada is absolutely delicious, it's all over the country so it's practically a major brew at this stage; arrogant bastard ale is delicious, plus they insult you on the bottle, which is even better; Firestone Double Barrel Ale; most beers at the Karl Strauss brewery (Endless summer light is a nice summery one, low in % good for sipping). I'll update if I think of any more, but there are a million and one in Cali. Also try asking bartenders for recommendations, they've tried every single one in the bar.

I get Arrogant Bastard when i go to Wingnuts for wings. Good stuff , but I don't like Sierra Nevada, even though I lived in Vegas and the locals drink it everywhere, taste buds are weird man. I will try the other ones though, thanks for the local info. (From the other side of the country)

Best Beer

i tried this so-called Yuengling Lager and am a HUGE FAN.

i anticipate a usurpation of the molson/sleamans/labatt triumvirate if this ever hits canada.

Best Beer

Quote: (08-26-2008 11:57 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I've been to the Yardhouse, cool place and the wings there are awesome.

Drink u Yankees/RedNecks under the table.... [Image: banana.gif]

We go to the Town&Country with Duncan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWsG4grjU8Q

"Lifes about, shooting your load"

Best Beer

Tsing Tao
Sapporo
Arendals Pils

Best Beer

Best beer in the Phils, strong as shit an taste really good... an its dirt cheap!! Usually I drank to much an felt like shit the next day tho
[Image: 269047866_21bb5432f6.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Best Beer

My fav at this moment is Pauliner Oktoberfest.
It's one of the smoothest beers I've ever had.

I have drank MANY different beers. I'm not an expert but I'm getting close.
My dream vacation is to go on the Easter European Beer Tour.

Best Beer

For a "small" microbrewery located in Vermont, Magic Hat #9 is delicious - check it out at the Yardstick if you get the chance.

For a Euro beer, I always liked Leffe for a nice light and crisp taste.