rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Watch out for Belgrade THOTS, or pay the Price

I have been a relentless pusher of Belgrade on this forum--I am a huge fan. But not even your dream city can be perfect. This past month my good friend was robbed in Belgrade by THOTs. Male thirst is a powerful driver of behavior.

Social circle is how Belgrade operates, so his buddies introduced him to some girls, and then he decided to hang out with the both of them on a date. Things like this are pretty typical, meeting new friends through social circle.

Basically barhopped- and by the second bar he was out of it. I suspect the girls were running some scam with the bartender (you know, drop something in the drink), and split the proceeds after the guy passes out. It's very possible the establishment has a seedy reputation. They insist they took him home--roughly 2am-- but one of his friends in his neighborhood saw him rambling around closer to 6AM. So, it doesn't look good. And, he's a good drinker, so I don't think it was his fault.

Just a head's up--they robbed him of over 300usd, a watch, cell phone, and ID. Stay frosty men.

Sorry to hear that! Btw, isn't that type of scamming common in EE, or baltic states? Maybe I heard that incorrectly, don't know for sure.

Quote: (03-27-2018 03:13 PM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Sorry to hear that! Btw, isn't that type of scamming common in EE, or baltic states? Maybe I heard that incorrectly, don't know for sure.

To be honest I don't know. I've always had the best to say about Belgrade. I would not be surprised, but it would be something I would expect to be more typical in Russia or FSU countries.

Can you give us the names of the bar(s) in question?

Quote: (03-27-2018 03:20 PM)FilipSRB Wrote:  

Hey man I can look into it, but my bro didn't tell me, so I don't know. I want to avoid my bro loosing his anonymity, but it's very possible this has happened with a lot of other dudes at the same bar. I will see what I can find out.

His friend saw him rambling around at 6:00 am and did not bothered? What kind of friend is that?

Quote: (03-27-2018 03:25 PM)Rocha Wrote:  

His friend saw him rambling around at 6:00 am and did not bothered? What kind of friend is that?

Maybe my language was imprecise. The girls said he was home at 2am, they took him home, yet an acquaintance of his saw him walking to a bus station in his neighborhood at roughly 6am. He knows a lot of people in his neighborhood, so it is pretty common for former classmates, or acquaintances to run into him and say hello.

They do that in Baltics.

Girls flirt with guys, tell guys that they can go to with them. Then, taking them to some shady bar in the basement middle of nowhere and bill comes up like €500 for 5 beers.

Thats why, when I meet girls, I don't go where they recommend. I take them to where I want.

Quote: (03-27-2018 03:28 PM)Rossi Wrote:  

They do that in Baltics.

Girls flirt with guys, tell guys that they can go to with them. Then, taking them to some shady bar in the basement middle of nowhere and bill comes up like €500 for 5 beers.

Thats why, when I meet girls, I don't go where they recommend. I take them to where I want.

That's smart thinking man. What do girls know about bars or restaurants anyway?

Quote: (03-27-2018 03:20 PM)FilipSRB Wrote:  

DOT is the second one, and the first is a place on Terazije for beer pong--maybe called "beer pong bar" or "gameplay", something like that.

They do this in Budapest. Take you to bars and run up a huge bill.
This used to happen a lot in Prague, girls would go back to a guys apartment/hotel, bang and steal everything they could lay hands on. Sometimes drugging him sometimes not. But haven't heard about it recently. Around five years ago I heard of girls in Prague taking guys to bars where they got overcharged. Always a pair of girls with one guy.

Same rules always apply, if you're doing too good and you're alone with two girls, be careful

Kinda weird that his friends know the girls and the girls pull that off. Anyway I don't think it's widespread at all in bekgrde. In Budapest u get approached every five minutes by a pair of girls trying to pull it off.

This is just an unfortunate isolated incident

Good thing with learning the hard way and through experiences like these is that it makes it a little easier to spot dishonest people and thots in the future.

This is one of the cases where it might have been useful to look up the girls on Facebook or social media before spending any money or getting into something that could potentially be risky. If he had done that he could have been able to find them again.

Today there are also these very tiny and small GPS-finder gadgets you can buy on eBay for less than $ 10 and store in your wallet. Then if it gets stolen you just look where it's at on the internet. Also always have some backup in the cloud on the phone and use that GPS-finder that's on iOS or Android.

And how could he be robbed of $ 300? That's way too much paper money to have in the pocket when being around alcohol in a country like that, in my opinion.

Quote: (03-27-2018 04:46 PM)JohnQPublic Wrote:  

Same rules always apply, if you're doing too good and you're alone with two girls, be careful

You just need to know how to give them the run around.

[Image: Stephen-Hawking-Swinger.jpg]

Quote: (03-27-2018 06:42 PM)dosequis Wrote:  

Good thing with learning the hard way and through experiences like these is that it makes it a little easier to spot dishonest people and thots in the future.

This is one of the cases where it might have been useful to look up the girls on Facebook or social media before spending any money or getting into something that could potentially be risky. If he had done that he could have been able to find them again.

Today there are also these very tiny and small GPS-finder gadgets you can buy on eBay for less than $ 10 and store in your wallet. Then if it gets stolen you just look where it's at on the internet. Also always have some backup in the cloud on the phone and use that GPS-finder that's on iOS or Android.

And how could he be robbed of $ 300? That's way too much paper money to have in the pocket when being around alcohol in a country like that, in my opinion.

Agreed.

Quote: (03-27-2018 05:41 PM)Beirut Wrote:  

Kinda weird that his friends know the girls and the girls pull that off. Anyway I don't think it's widespread at all in bekgrde. In Budapest u get approached every five minutes by a pair of girls trying to pull it off.

This is just an unfortunate isolated incident

It's unfortunate. Also, I forgot to mention this--they beat the shit out of him after he blacked out-- I saw the photo evidence, and it looks horrible what they did to him.

I hate to question this story, but if he was that fucked up on alcohol why was he still awake at 6am? Is it possible he just got shitfaced and not drugged?

No it wasn't the alcohol that did it.

I'm not giving any medical advice nor recommend this unless you're trained properly. Years ago I completed paramedic training and even now sometimes (occasionally) in a foreign city I carry xyrem which is used to treat narcolepsy or physostigmine and then very low doses of diazepam (after the effects of alcohol have worn off) to reduce the risk of convulsions. I was dosed once in Miami and immediately dosed myself at the first sign I had been hit with what I suspected to be GHB. I called a friend to spend the night with me and make sure I stayed awake for a minimum of 24 hours.

Of course no doctor would ever advise this to be done without supervision nor am I but just wanted to add some stupid trivia to the thread for the curious mind.

It's never a bad idea to hit up a doctor for things that absolutely require prescriptions and a pharmacy upon entering a country and creating a field medical kit.

In Ukraine I just paid a medic to go get me a basic medic bag plus added a few things like antibiotics, extra syringes ect...

Medical care in a lot of these countries is horrible it's not a bad investment to invest in at least a several week or few month emergency medicine training course in your home country. A lot of these courses have night schools.

And as to not derail the thread obviously keep an eye on your drink.

also as for getting hit with a huge bill this just happened to me in Kharkiv for the first time ever. They refused to let me leave the place unless I paid 200 euro for some BS made up charge. I put it on my credit card got my coat from coat check and immediately went back to my apartment and called my bank to dispute the charges, got the banker on the phone and told them the story that I was basically extorted to get my coat back. Money was back on my credit in a few days.

This is why it's always a good idea to make connections with people everywhere you go.

I want to know bartenders, waiters, lawyers, gym rats, business owners, and people from all walks of life.

You never really know when you'll need someone to have your back.

Especially in rugged countries like Serbia where the rule is generally "anything goes."

Quote: (03-27-2018 04:46 PM)JohnQPublic Wrote:  

They do this in Budapest. Take you to bars and run up a huge bill.
This used to happen a lot in Prague, girls would go back to a guys apartment/hotel, bang and steal everything they could lay hands on. Sometimes drugging him sometimes not. But haven't heard about it recently. Around five years ago I heard of girls in Prague taking guys to bars where they got overcharged. Always a pair of girls with one guy.

I was due to go to Budapest last year, although I had to cancel in the end. Preparing for the trip, I did a bit of browsing, and soon found a plethora of information regarding scamming of male tourists, very much along the lines of the old Soho (UK) clip joints.

Sounds like one of those stories where a girl gets shitfaced in a bar, sucks three guys in the toilet, the the next day claims her drink was drugged

What guy is gonna claim his drink was drugged, almost all dudes know that blacking out or passing out is simply due to alcohol. Now granted, maybe saying he was drugged allows him to publicly save face, even if he secretly knows he drank too much.

And to reiterate, he's a Belgrader. The primary cause of this incident was male thirst. And as an earlier poster said, he could of done his due diligence by looking up the girls on social media. Or, for that matter, taking a male friend or two along with him, or choosing the bars himself, and having an acquaintance wait on him.

I think this is a clear demonstration that you shouldn't carry more than 100USD in Belgrade, or maybe even 50, best yet use a card if you can, although card use is not that widespread at all. I don't know about my friend, when I'm in BGD I generally go to the nice places, and I've found the service to be very good as an American (maybe because they know I'll tip--which I recommend, the only possible downside is it makes you look like you're loose with your money).

It happened to a friend of mine in Belgrade also.

He actually was with this girl he by pipelined in Tinder .

He managed to bang her the first date.

He thought it was ok and they left a date again.

She left to go in the bathroom but never returned back.

Than The bill of the drinks came and it was like 10 times higher.

He said that he will never forget this serbian slut because he was in the most difficulty moment of his life. He was lucky he had enough money with him.

However i think real players would differentiate between semi pros and real girls that want to bang.

Quote: (03-29-2018 05:08 PM)Timer Wrote:  

It happened to a friend of mine in Belgrade also.

He actually was with this girl he by pipelined in Tinder .

He managed to bang her the first date.

He thought it was ok and they left a date again.

She left to go in the bathroom but never returned back.

Than The bill of the drinks came and it was like 10 times higher.

He said that he will never forget this serbian slut because he was in the most difficulty moment of his life. He was lucky he had enough money with him.

However i think real players would differentiate between semi pros and real girls that want to bang.

Man... horrible. I thought the gold-digger, edgy stuff was done like five years ago. Stuff like this is a lot more worrying to me than taxi scams or petty pickpocketing. Keeping in mind my friend is Belgrader his whole life...