rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Melbourne cafe introduces 18% "man tax" to address gender pay gap

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/re...f157774e31

News is a few months old. I used the search function and did not find anything on the forum yet. Please delete if this is a dupe.

Quote:Quote:

A MELBOURNE cafe that caused a social media storm after charging men a tax and seating women first insists it has had a stack of support.

And not just from the girls.

Handsome Her, a vegan cafe in Brunswick, said it was charging men 18 per cent more in a bid to address the gender pay gap.

The cafe, which clearly advertises its rules on a chalk board, explained men will be charged the premium — and the gap donated to women’s services.

However co-owner Alex O’Brien told Seven News the surcharge, which is in place one week out of every month, wasn’t compulsory.

She also said none had so far refused to pay it and in a Facebook post overnight said the idea has been well supported overall.

“If people aren’t comfortable paying it or if men don’t want to pay it, we’re not going to kick them out the door,” she said.

“It’s just a good opportunity to do some good.”

Writing on its Facebook page overnight, the cafe insisted it was jam-packed with customers over the past few days who have supported the cause.

It also insisted it wasn’t just women who were backing the idea.

“We’ve had men travel across town to visit us and pay ‘the man tax’ and throw some extra in the donation jar — guys, you’re pretty neat,” the post read.

The cafe also thanked its staff who have taken it all in its stride.

“It’s not every day that your boss pulls you into her fire-pit of feminism and you have to quickly become warriors and defend where you work and what you do on a level that others never do,” the post continued.

“You have not only been incredibly strong, proud and supportive, but nurturing and protective as well.”

The cafe house rules:

[Image: 9d8f98bb255f4b8cc2f781f8112cae12.jpg]

The man tax is apparently optional, but so far all men have paid up. I'm sure you won't encounter any peer pressure or passive aggressive shaming, should you refuse to pay it. After all, according to their house rules, respect goes both ways.

Melbourne. [Image: rolleyes.gif]
Vegan cafe. [Image: rolleyes.gif]

Someone should test their stipulations by claiming a different gender than the obvious.

Quote: (02-11-2018 04:32 AM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

Brunswick [Image: rolleyes.gif]

They can charge people whatever they want it's their restaurant. What will happen is less people choose to spend their money there and eat/drink elsewhere. They will stop earning as much money and only serve people who support the cause. Eventually they become so niche they exclude people that used to support them and go out of business.

That is why I support a free market for business.

Quote: (04-21-2014 04:47 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  
On the cool, she probably had at least one too many tortiillas, but the tetas was mas gorda, comprenede?

It was a PR stunt. They've said if any man objects to it, they won't enforce it. The reason they backed off from it is because of the threat of, amusingly, the SJW-powered Equal Opportunity Tribunal, because that is a clear case of sexual discrimination. Unlike guys, women don't know how to do this shit right [Image: smile.gif]

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

I want to start up a textile company, only hire women and pay them 70 cents on the dollar less than men.

While my silly global competitors are paying the full buck for men, my company will sky rocket to the top by exploiting this "wage" gap.

Update: Apparently women earn the same as men. Bugger....

Hey babe, its 18% cheaper if you pay for our date

Quote: (02-11-2018 04:18 AM)Winston Wolfe Wrote:  

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/re...f157774e31

News is a few months old. I used the search function and did not find anything on the forum yet. Please delete if this is a dupe.

Quote:Quote:

A MELBOURNE cafe that caused a social media storm after charging men a tax and seating women first insists it has had a stack of support.

[Image: 9d8f98bb255f4b8cc2f781f8112cae12.jpg]

The man tax is apparently optional, but so far all men have paid up. I'm sure you won't encounter any peer pressure or passive aggressive shaming, should you refuse to pay it. After all, according to their house rules, respect goes both ways.

This is illegal in America (still) and for good reason, it's discriminatory.

Hope she goes bankrupt.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

A magazine in Canada did something similar, by asking men to pay more for its latest issue :
http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/mac...-1.4528023

They want to denounce the "pay gap" between men and women, but it's just a shitty way to seek attention from a magazine that keeps sinking.

I'll do them a favor and put some negative reviews on Facebook, Google Maps, TripAdvisor and Yelp.

Why don't they just give women an 18 percent discount instead, like ladies night discounts at bars? I guess they only care about women if they can profit off of their virtue signaling.

This is a non issue really. All you need to do is identify as a woman for the 18 percent discount.

You notice these stunts never got at thier core premise and simply pay women 18% more, why is this?

Of course, because it is illegal to pay different sexes a different wage and has been for decades in the West.

Instead, they do stunts like this to gloss over the fact that if pay clarifies exisitw it because of performance, benefits, or the staffs own inability to negotiate a better wage.

You'd have to be a faggot to go in to that place without the man tax anyway. I imagine Justin Trudeau frequents places like that.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Quote: (02-11-2018 12:01 PM)RIslander Wrote:  

You'd have to be a faggot to go in to that place without the man tax anyway. I imagine Justin Trudeau frequents places like that.

Trudeai buys a muffin and stay in the bathroom for his entire time there.

Decline of Western civilization. Check.

Surgically precise game is best game.

-Surgeon

Quote: (02-11-2018 04:43 AM)UnW Wrote:  

Quote: (02-11-2018 04:32 AM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

Brunswick [Image: rolleyes.gif]
Hipsters [Image: rolleyes.gif]

I wonder how the press would react if there was a cafe with a sign that said "This cafe is for men by men. Rule #1 men get priority seating"

Oh, what do you mean sexism only works one way?

Reminds me of the good old affirmative action bake sale. Discounts on baked goods for women and minorities.

Consumer spending is 83% female in America, and has even higher levels of female spending globally. Not surprising when you consider the massive coercive wealth transfers enforced by the government from men to women. The beneficiaries of child support, alimony, divorce, and welfare are all over 90% female. Not to mention that woman as a group pay less in taxes than men; despite receiving the same amount (or more) of government services. In other words women don't have to earn money, but they still get to spend it.

Yet women still piss and moan that they're getting the short end of the stick.

"Those who will not risk cannot win." -John Paul Jones

Quote: (02-14-2018 06:52 AM)mpr Wrote:  

Consumer spending is 83% female in America, and has even higher levels of female spending globally. Not surprising when you consider the massive coercive wealth transfers enforced by the government from men to women. The beneficiaries of child support, alimony, divorce, and welfare are all over 90% female. Not to mention that woman as a group pay less in taxes than men; despite receiving the same amount (or more) of government services. In other words women don't have to earn money, but they still get to spend it.

jordan peterson recently made a comment about how the economy was skewed in favor of females. this is what he was referring to as evidence against the feminist.

I have a business with products for men 25-55 who make decent amounts of money....next time I do something like that its going to be toward women instead. Much easier to sell to.

Quote: (02-15-2018 11:38 AM)qwertyuiop Wrote:  

I have a business with products for men 25-55 who make decent amounts of money....next time I do something like that its going to be toward women instead. Much easier to sell to.

Its not hard to spot really.

Go to any mall or shopping centre and most shops cater to women. The shops that cater to both men and women have a lot more floor space dedicated to the latter.

The same goes for home decor stores. All of that random shit and the letters you can spell HOME and LOVE with? They sell to women like hot shit in a zoo.

Perhaps women should be conscripted into nursing duty in respect of the death and serious injury suffered at work gap between men and women.