rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to get rid of annoying people?

I am a student, there is this one guy who I find very irritating. The only reason I was conversing with this guy was because I am going abroad for a week and I need someone to hand in my assignment for me when I am not there and no one in my class would do that for me except from this guy.

Whilst I am grateful that he is doing me this favour which will depend on me passing a module or not I also wish I never spoke to him at all. He basically thinks we are best friends or something even though I always act like I don't care when he is talking (because I don't). He keeps distracting me with his annoying pointless talk like showing me his friends snapchat every 5 minutes which I don't care about whilst I am working.

He also acts like a massive beta orbiter when I try to speak to girls and he is around me he will butt in to our conversation, it pisses me off. The only reason I won't let him know I don't want to talk to him is because me passing my module depends on him so I have to act nice. I have a feeling that when I come back to uni this guy will just keep on annoying me. After he hands my work in what is the best way to get rid of annoying people like him or others I may encounter in the future?

Ghosting.

If you can't avoid and he's not taking any hints, be (gently) direct.

You can also be a man and let him know why and how he's socially awkward. If he still doesn't get it, move on. He did you a favor. Honorable men return favors and confront issues head on.

"Ghosting" instead is for girls. If you want to act like a female, do that.

Instead of complaing about him, why not make him your red pill student? Teach him how the world really works, take him to gym and make him your new little brother. At best you will have a friend for life, at worst he will start thinking you are weird and stop talking to you. It's a win-win situation. Be the alpha male and he will follow. Tell him to stop doing things and do other things instead. Order him around. Anything. You are the alpha, he is the beta who needs guidance.

[Image: 16510e70-75c6-49a6-b5ee-9e8f8653b5e2_1000.jpg]

[Image: 41FMBcPg-yL.jpg]

[Image: Hemp-rope-1-710x435.png]

[Image: image_22420.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Ok Cobra, I will confront him about how he acts. Monxp believe me I tried that but when I listen to him talk about girls he is hopeless, he's always like I can't talk to women because it will be awkward and I even told him to hit the gym and to stop thinking about what people think. The thing is I don't want this guy to be my "little brother" I don't see any potential in him plus his presence just irritates me, I wouldn't help someone who pisses me off.

Why would no one else in class other than him hand over your assignment OP?

I'm with Monxp on this. Confronting him might help, but it doesn't sound like the guy is aware enough to take it as constructive feedback. Instead, tell him, "I don't have time now because I'm going to the gym. You should join. Girls don't find fit guys awkward." Of course that's not necessarily true, but you're phrasing it in a way that he might understand.

If he doesn't want to go to the gym, he just decided to leave you alone for now and you get time for yourself.

Beirut's question is important...

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

To be fair there would be a few people in my class other than him, I even told the girl ive been frequently seeing and she said she could have done it for me. Tbh I only have a few friends on my course that's why, I don't like most of them and a lot make up excuses when I ask them for favours because we're not close. It's also a burden because they have to carry a huge a1 poster neatly and most of my classmates wouldn't do that for me because it's too much 'effort' for them.

Quote: (01-14-2018 05:10 AM)Suits Wrote:  

[Image: 16510e70-75c6-49a6-b5ee-9e8f8653b5e2_1000.jpg]

[Image: 41FMBcPg-yL.jpg]

[Image: Hemp-rope-1-710x435.png]

[Image: image_22420.jpg]

So you want him to put duct tape on a garbage bag then tie it to a shovel?

"Their emotional waves will swamp you if you're just quietly-floating, so you need to learn to surf." - AnonymousBosch

||Learn How to Sing Datasheet||

What's wrong with just acting like an adult and be firm (but polite) and tell him that you are busy and try to focus, so you would like it if he could stop bothering you.

Giving what you, perceive as being hints and starting with passive aggressive behaviour just to get rid of him is something that belongs to women and sneaky beta males.

Thanks for pointing that out, I need to stop being passive aggressive and just speak what I think but politely.

Quote: (01-13-2018 08:44 PM)Cobra Wrote:  

You can also be a man and let him know why and how he's socially awkward. If he still doesn't get it, move on. He did you a favor. Honorable men return favors and confront issues head on.

"Ghosting" instead is for girls. If you want to act like a female, do that.

What Cobra said. He did you a favor, so perhaps you can give him a favor back by letting him know what he does that's annoying.

One of two things will happen: He'll appreciate the advice and become less annoying, or he'll get butthurt and problem is solved on your end anyway.

Quote: (01-14-2018 06:59 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

Sounds like his classmates perceive him the same way as he perceives this ''annoying dude''

By having the courage to be utterly, totally honest and brutally abrupt with them.

Works for me.

Quote: (01-20-2018 07:56 AM)Blancpain Wrote:  

Quote: (01-14-2018 06:59 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

Sounds like his classmates perceive him the same way as he perceives this ''annoying dude''

I appreciate the analysis but what I said there wasn't really true, there would be a good few people who could have handed it in for me. I am more of the sit down, listen and get out type of guy at my lectures, I just have a social circle outside of my subject because the people in my course are okay to talk to in class but otherwise they are pretty boring. And yes now thinking about it "getting rid" of people sounds stupid.

When he shows you his friends snapchats in the middle of you working, say “Dude I don’t care I’m busy right now”.

Almost guaranteed he’ll take the hint, but as he persists you can be more direct.

Right now you’re being passive aggressive and chances are he doesn’t realize how annoying he is because no one has bothered to check him.

Richard “Dick” Johnson

Fuck.

Don't ghost.
Don't be passive aggressive.

Both piss me off.

Be direct, be firm. Treat him like a man and not a child. Treat him like you'd want to be treated.

Did just that, I told him listen man im working and was direct, he got the jist and doesn't annoy me anymore.

Quote: (03-01-2018 02:26 PM)Mikestar Wrote:  

Did just that, I told him listen man im working and was direct, he got the jist and doesn't annoy me anymore.

Awesome work.

Wasn't attacking. Just being blunt.

Reread and realized I sound like an ass. Which is expected...I'm told that a lot.

So many people ghost and whatnot but then when they're asked what they want they say 'I want someone to be direct and honest with me'.

#irony

[Image: 33f3rb6.jpg]

Tell him that let's focus on the work at hand and go for a coffee afterwards and then show me the snapchats etc. You not caring about what he says just makes him try harder. He probably wants to impress you so try to be more accepting. You need to be friends with the guy so try to be a friend for him.