rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Some observations after 4 months in SE Asia

I'll preface this whole post by saying that my time here and the locations were more focused around the travel aspect rather than prioritising gaming. But when I got the chance I met with a few girls mainly from online game, I spent a bit of time out exploring the nightlife but not extensively. So take this whole post with a grain of salt, just my general observations from my time here so far and being out and about. I spent 2 weeks in Indonesia, 1 month in Philippines, 1 month in Thailand and just spent the past 5 weeks riding a motorbike through Vietnam (which was awesome highly recommend).

So the main one, which took me surprise was that I can honestly say I rarely if ever saw a young to middle age foreigner (say 20 - 45), with the local girls, and the times I did the girls they were with were average at best. I could really only recall one time in Boracay seeing a youngish dude with a pretty hot Filipina chick, but apart from that it was really the old wrinkly sexpats with the obvious pros/semi pros. Any decent looking girl was with another local guy.

Secondly was the level of talent in general was pretty subpar for the most part. I'll use vietnam as an example, as where I come from in Australia has a fairly large Vietnamese expat community, and the girls I see back home absolutely smoke any local girl I've seen so far here. And I'm not really a fussy guy when it comes to women, I go for the cute wholesome type generally. The only exception for me really was Thailand.

Anyway just my own observations. Of course white guys are banging Asian girls but just took me by surprise it's a lot less prevelent than people make it out to be.

Indonesia it's def possible to get the elite.

But for the most part what you are saying is right. They can be less interesting, intelligent, ethical and uglier with less money and they will still have an advantage over you. I have found this to be the case in many countries I've visited.

Yup both points are true from my observation.

The average girl in Southeast Asia is pretty ugly but the good part is that you don't need to settle for the average girls because the above-average girls are still very accessible!

And yep it's rare to see a young well put together foreigner with a hot local chick and as much as some guys on here insist that is a terrible thing and means the place is dead, what it really means is that if you're a young, well put together foreigner then even for the more attractive girls, you're a rarity and a hot commodity!

In Phils, I never see hot girls with foreigners except maybe Koreans. Anytime I bring girls back to my place, I can feel some of the residents rolling their eyes while clutching their girlfriends and wives who are at least 0.5 to 1 point higher.

Only westerners I see with clearly model type girls are those who opt to pay the girl a salary every month. Middle class social circles are tight and they are very suspicious of foreigners too and I have received the "I know what you foreign men are up to" speech from middle class girls. The average girl here really isn't that good looking, but hey at least they are easy to deal with.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

I'd say the real downside of there being few truly hot girls in Manila and maybe other parts of SE Asia is often that because there is a short supply of them, their hotness won't have gone unnoticed and they'll be a bit pimped out in some way or another, at least in the nightclubs.

If I see a stylish, very sexy, slim 20 year old 8 in a bar in New York, she's probably just a random college girl amongst a sea of other similar girls having some fun, going to school, maybe working at Starbucks.

If I see a stylish, very sexy, slim 20 year old 8 in a bar in Manila, it's more likely that later I'll find out she has 30k followers on Instagram, an "agent" although she's done no meaningful modeling or acting, and hangs out with a load of people who's lifestyle and financial situation doesn't really add up. In other words, she's a grey area whore.

If you want to find a beautiful, sophisticated good girl then the popular clubs are not the place to be. But then again, it could also just be a reflection of the local culture as normal girls are not going to have the time or money to go to clubs like that in the way they would in the West.

Thinking about it, this post is a bit silly and could apply to anywhere.

But it's a bit more pronounced here and I think people often get the wrong impression of the local girls by meeting just these types and thinking they are the average girls here, the way that if you met some girls in a similar situation in a Western country, they would be the average girls there. When in reality, there are lots of wonderful women here, you just can't go about finding them in the same way you would in a Western country.

Quote: (12-06-2017 12:26 PM)the-dream Wrote:  

If I see a stylish, very sexy, slim 20 year old 8 in a bar in New York, she's probably just a random college girl amongst a sea of other similar girls having some fun, going to school, maybe working at Starbucks.

If I see a stylish, very sexy, slim 20 year old 8 in a bar in Manila, it's more likely that later I'll find out she has 30k followers on Instagram, an "agent" although she's done no meaningful modeling or acting. In other words, she's a grey area whore.

This is so true and depressing.
The only exception would be hot, intellectual college girls, but they are way too conservative and as others have noted would mostly be with local guys.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Who goes to SEA for hot girls? SEA is for racking up an ungodly number of notches of 5 / 6 caliber girls.

Quote: (12-06-2017 12:58 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

SEA is for racking up an ungodly number of notches of 5 / 6 caliber girls.

[Image: raw]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (12-06-2017 12:58 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

Who goes to SEA for hot girls? SEA is for racking up an ungodly number of notches of 5 / 6 caliber girls.

I've never understood this either, as I personally don't find 99% of SEA girls attractive.

If you want to find a beautiful, sophisticated good girl then the popular clubs are not the place to be. But then again, it could also just be a reflection of the local culture as normal girls are not going to have the time or money to go to clubs like that in the way they would in the West.

You are correct, in Vietnam at least. If you see a girl in a bar, not on a date (or a very inwardly-focused group), dressed in a stylish, sexy way and wearing makeup then you are probably looking at a pro or semi-pro.

Single women in their 20s often have an early curfew, especially in second and third tier cities. They don't tend to wear a lot of makeup or dress seductively. Reputation is important to them and everyone knows everyone else's business there.

You have to be able to mentally adjust for that lack of makeup. I know a lot of Vietnamese women and in some cases it is absolutely shocking how much difference it makes when they use a little bit of makeup. They can go from 'cute but rather plain' to 'stunning' pretty easily. Not all, but some. One of my friends from Hanoi got married and I saw some of her wedding photos on facebook. WHAT THE FUCK! On my scale she went from a 6.5 to a 9, just like that. In the US they are all wearing makeup. In Vietnam, they usually aren't.

But my best advice about Vietnam is that it is a great place to find a good girl, but not the easiest place to find easy bangs. It would be extremely difficult, and maybe dangerous, to spit game and get a bunch of bangs with normal girls in a non-touristy second or third tier city.

Vietnam I would avoid if you are purely looking for notches, the time and effort required for me is just not worth the payoff. Get out and see all the amazing views and eat the awesome food. Even on Tinder I had endless options through online game in Thailand, Indo and Phil.. over 100 matches within a day or 2 and it's almost the complete opposite here. If anything I found Ho Chi Minh City is a bit easier compared to Hanoi.

Also I just find the people in Vietnam cunty for the most part. I was spoiled by being in Philippines and Thailand I guess as people there are so welcoming. Don't get me wrong I have come across some genuinely welcoming and hospitable people here, but unfortunately for them the other 80% overshadow that impression.

1818Steve is right in that for a good girl you could go for a Vietnamese. My ex was a Vietnamese expat and took a lot of effort to game her, but once I broke through she was the most loyal partner, old school housewife type. Cooked, cleaned and sucked my dick every day, even when we fucked her sole aim was that I was enjoying it. Good times

Quote: (12-06-2017 09:52 PM)kimura89 Wrote:  

Also I just find the people in Vietnam cunty for the most part.

That's China's cultural contribution.

I'm the King of Beijing!

After spending a couple of weeks in the Phils, I think it is easier in Latin America (for a white guy). The economic advantage is the same, but LA seems more liberal, less sex tourism stigma, and the colonial strata of European features being positive just seems more. The Asian homogeneity thing is also a problem somewhat

Yeah, it's generally the younger guys (18-25) that seem incredibly hostile. Or they'll make it obvious that they're talking about you badly in Vietnamese. But in general it's not really a place you really feel welcome, whereas Philippines I felt right at home as soon as I stepped off the plane.

It's a bit of a shame because this place has some of the most incredible scenery and food I've ever come across. But not somewhere I'd return in a hurry again, if ever.

Quote: (12-06-2017 10:34 PM)kimura89 Wrote:  

Yeah, it's generally the younger guys (18-25) that seem incredibly hostile. Or they'll make it obvious that they're talking about you badly in Vietnamese. But in general it's not really a place you really feel welcome, whereas Philippines I felt right at home as soon as I stepped off the plane.

It's a bit of a shame because this place has some of the most incredible scenery and food I've ever come across. But not somewhere I'd return in a hurry again, if ever.

just curious as to which cities you experienced the most hostility in Vietnam? was it Hanoi, HCMC, or the tier 2 cities, or rural parts? which one had the most hostile people towards you, and young VN guys talking shit?

also, did these guys appear to be higher class rich guys, or poor peasants?

This tired old conversation again... [Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif]

Earth to newbs. Yes, it takes game to get legitimately hot women in Southeast Asia.

But they are most definitely out there.

Yes, most foreigners get mediocre tail. This has been mentioned and argued about here a million times.

Bottom line - most foreigners don't have the balls, cultural awareness, or language skills to get the higher quality birds.

Hell, most ruin their chances from the get-go by going to foreigner lairs where mediocre women, most at least part-time whores, go to chase foreigners.

Protip #1: Don't be most men. Anywhere.

Protip #2: Learn the lay of the land and go where other foreigners don't go.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Most men usually just settle with the first 6 they land with, a lot of guys could easily do better but it is natural for most people to be complacent.

Mainly in the cities, and they just looked like regular middle to upper middle class guys. I found people in the poorer rural areas a bit friendlier. I'm making Vietnamese locals sound horrible, as mentioned there are a lot of genuinely nice people out there. the friendliest I've found have been the old Vietnamese dudes. Which is surprising given they would've grew up in a time where white people were bombing the shit out of their country.

Quote: (12-06-2017 07:16 AM)kimura89 Wrote:  

I could really only recall one time in Boracay seeing a youngish dude with a pretty hot Filipina chick

Haha you saw me there last week fo sho.

LatinoHeat (Former username "FrankieCred")

Quote:Steelex Wrote:  
I think that making a girl your whore lightning fast is the best way to bulldoze and bypass all that flakey, annoying, shit testing crap. Girls don't shit test guys that fuck their ass cheeks black and blue.

Quote: (12-06-2017 12:53 PM)Cyclone Wrote:  

If I see a stylish, very sexy, slim 20 year old 8 in a bar in Manila, it's more likely that later I'll find out she has 30k followers on Instagram, an "agent" although she's done no meaningful modeling or acting. In other words, she's a grey area whore.

This is so true and depressing.
The only exception would be hot, intellectual college girls, but they are way too conservative and as others have noted would mostly be with local guys.

It's a good thing that the overall value of a girl that you're spending more than a few nights with, is not solely defined by the "1 to 10" scale.

Quote: (12-06-2017 11:35 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

This tired old conversation again... [Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif]

Earth to newbs. Yes, it takes game to get legitimately hot women in Southeast Asia.

But they are most definitely out there.

Yes, most foreigners get mediocre tail. This has been mentioned and argued about here a million times.

Bottom line - most foreigners don't have the balls, cultural awareness, or language skills to get the higher quality birds.

Hell, most ruin their chances from the get-go by going to foreigner lairs where mediocre women, most at least part-time whores, go to chase foreigners.

Protip #1: Don't be most men. Anywhere.

Protip #2: Learn the lay of the land and go where other foreigners don't go.

BB brings the truth once again.

I would also add:

Protip #3: don't be hopelessly dependent on tinder. No you don't have "online game", you're just doing the exact same thing every other dude is doing...

Irish

Quote: (12-06-2017 10:43 AM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

In Phils, I never see hot girls with foreigners except maybe Koreans. Anytime I bring girls back to my place, I can feel some of the residents rolling their eyes while clutching their girlfriends and wives who are at least 0.5 to 1 point higher.

Only westerners I see with clearly model type girls are those who opt to pay the girl a salary every month. Middle class social circles are tight and they are very suspicious of foreigners too and I have received the "I know what you foreign men are up to" speech from middle class girls. The average girl here really isn't that good looking, but hey at least they are easy to deal with.

Clearly you've never hung out with Yard Dog and his crew... [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]

Irish

Quote: (12-06-2017 10:11 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (12-06-2017 09:52 PM)kimura89 Wrote:  

Also I just find the people in Vietnam cunty for the most part.

That's China's cultural contribution.

I'd argue that one is the US and its allies contribution. It's certainly a white resentment from bombing the shit out of their country rather than anything else.

I also agree, the Vietnamese are, on a whole, the least friendly country I've been to. It's a funny dynamic though because the friendly ones almost overcompensate for the rest of the country and are quite possibly the friendliest people you'll find anywhere but the average citizen is rude and a significant portion are seemingly going out of their way to be hostile. It's also something that I observed is reserved for westerners, when you see groups of Vietnamese interacting they're jovial and fun, but westerners are a burden and there primarily for exploitation.

I can't say I really blame them when you look at what western countries did to them during the Vietnam War either.

Thailand, Indonesia and Cambodia are far friendlier on average in that region, admittedly they all have the exploitation thing going strong as well but not as pronounced and no worse than somewhere like Italy for example.

I think part of why you don't see a lot of young guys doing well there is because the women in that area aren't looking for a "hot body", they're looking for a meal ticket. I went to Thailand and Indonesia when I was in my early 20s and in better shape and received significantly less attention from locals than I did when I went back at 30. Singapore was the same, when I was there at 28 I was hanging with a couple of 18 year old guys and when the age question would come up the girls would gravitate towards me rather than them (ironic given both were filthy rich trust fund kids and I am not but they didn't know this). Asia in general cares very little about age gaps and far more about opportunities in my experience.

There is also the element that there are a ton of hot young Euro backpackers that the young western guys are chasing. They're generally easier, don't have the "sex tourism" stigma like Asian girls in that region and that's generally enough, that stigma and reputation side of things matters far more when you're early 20s than late 20s and early 30s and onward and does make a difference.

Quote: (12-06-2017 10:34 PM)kimura89 Wrote:  

I had the opposite experience in Vietnam. Older people were more dickish and younger people were much more inviting and open minded in general.

In the Philippines, I can hardly walk through the fucking SM mall or wherever without my girl tugging at me and saying "Did you hear what that guy said about you?" or when you catch a guy glaring at you in Cebu and u give him that head nod and smile at him, he has to think about what just happened and react. Cebu people are definitely disrespectful and rude.It's only when (if) you engage locals here and talk to them that you get the impression they are 'friendly'.

I'm meeting up with this girl later this week and to be honest, I'm dreading bringing her back to my place. My place allows guests, but they are extremely obnoxious about it. Cue the eye-rolls and deep sighs and shuffling papers.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

Quote: (12-06-2017 07:16 AM)kimura89 Wrote:  

I could really only recall one time in Boracay seeing a youngish dude with a pretty hot Filipina chick, but apart from that it was really the old wrinkly sexpats with the obvious pros/semi pros. Any decent looking girl was with another local guy.

Anyway just my own observations. Of course white guys are banging Asian girls but just took me by surprise it's a lot less prevelent than people make it out to be.

The reality is the guys going there are not well put together young guys looking for a woman to date and go out with. If they have all these great qualities they have plenty of choices in their home country. Most will soon realize that they have plenty of choices at home so why make it more difficult.

Otherwise, it's notches and fun.