rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Downtown Los Angeles (or any metro really) on a Budget

I've become a bit of an addict to DTLA and want to share some tips. Over the past two years the scene has significantly improved which I didn't think was possible.

A bit of backstory - I spent two years here working as a consultant so I had everything paid for. $4k/mo apartment, food, ubers, drinks, you name it. Per diem hooked me up. I put my business goals on hold to feed my soul and my game went from a hobby to a sport that my habits revolved around. Everything from my workouts to my daily routine catered to my need for DTLA Asians.

Fast forward a couple years and I'm about to buy property in the area because of every city I've been to in the US, this one makes me the happiest. To achieve the savings I need on a modest salary, I've decided to rent a good-sized office space DTLA for $800/mo. It's got a great view and I have the entire floor of my DTLA skyscraper to myself outside of M-F 8ish-6ish, plus it's month-to-month so I can peace out when I find a place to purchase. I shower at the gym and have a simple, restricted diet - which has actually improved my fitness. I have to gym every day now which is really, really good for my health.

I had doubts about my ability to bring chicks back to this situation but it works - especially with the younger ones. I say I'm staying at an AirBnB with a no-guest policy while I look for a property but invite them to my "suite" for drinks as a convenient alternative. I've been here for a week and I've had three girls over - all during the week. I had one of them sprawled out on the office's kitchen table on Tuesday - a chick I had met that morning. We then smoked weed with a sploof and she left - the cool thing is they can't stay over!!

I wanted to share that with you to show you that with a little creativity and lifestyle "hacking", you can set yourself up with the high-roller image in a downtown metro without the cost. There are risks - and finding an office that allows you to mitigate them is challenging. It took me a month to find a nice corner office with management that would be open to month-to-month and with multiple ways to get upstairs (so you don't have to walk past the same security every day/week), no cameras on the floor etc.

Anyways - getting action downtown is easy based on volume. Night game is doable but it's where the competition is so I very rarely game at night these days - the ROI favors daytime. Nights are for converting leads into closes, not for generating leads. Unless you want to go to WeHo, but that's another post. If anyone wants to know more about WeHo nights, let me know and I can share.

Daytime - you want to be around Fig and 7th. Tons of people work there during the day and your golden hours will be at 9a, noon, and 5p, M-F. Salmon are jumping out of the river for a solid hour at these times in vast quantities.

Given that it's a numbers game, all you need is volume - and DTLA has it. I close at a consistent ~10% of approaches and I'm not tall or handsome. I'm just fit so I walk around with a tanktop to show off my strengths. Usually I'll work out, do laps, then head back to the gym for a shower. Granted I have a particular type so within any given golden hour I might only approach about ~5 chicks, but even at a few sessions/week that's a guaranteed solid memory or two.

As for tactics - If they're ~7-8 I do direct and tell them they're cute as hell and that I'd be kicking myself if I didn't approach them. If they're 8.5+ I do indirect and ask them something circumstantial like directions or their opinion on some BS and escalate from there.

That's about it:
  • Be downtown during the day M-F
  • Do laps around Fig/7th
  • Spend your time when it has the highest ROI - 9a, noon, 5p
  • If you're fit, show it off. Plenty of chicks just as shallow as you are
  • Don't waste your time trying to pull at night unless you enjoy competition - nights are for dates with chicks you met during the day (unless you do weho)
  • If you want to try something unconventional and fun as hell - rent an office instead of an apartment. You get fit faster, eat healthier, save boatloads of money, it's more convenient in more ways than it's less convenient IMO, and the lays are spicy. I feel like what I'm doing is exhibitionist to an extent - and definitely unique.
If anyone likes the sound of this stuff but is lacking in experience and needs a push, send me a PM and I'd be happy to show you how easy it is (high reps only).

It sounds like you're on the right program for DYLA. Keep getting after it!

— DTLA OG since the 1970s

Haha unconventional for sure... maybe I should do that shit in NYC

Where do you sleep, on the floor?

Also, what do you do for food?

New Post:
Men’s Style Guide: For Guys Who Want to Get Laid

You aren't getting laid because you still believe in "game".

Here's how I went from being a 21-year-old, videogame-addicted, Asian virgin to banging too many girls to count (no PUA bs):

https://whiteknightrises.com/start-here

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)

Well played. This is actually a really good idea. DTLA has turned around in the past 5 years. It's not NYC level foot traffic, but it's probably your best bet for daygame in the city right now. Rents are pretty reasonable compared to the westside and you can get around pretty OK without a car. If you still want to hit places like Santa Monica for nightgame, heading out there on the lightrail and ubering back is a good deal.

The biggest complaints I hear about LA on this forum are 1. logistics/distances and 2. lack of foot traffic for approaches. DTLA is at least partially solving both of these issues.

Heh. I did downtown LA for a few weeks in my camper van. The 24 hour fitness has shitty hours. You washing that Asian pussy juice off in the office sink?

Bro, you need to go to Asia or Hawaii at minimum if you say you love asian girls that much. DTLA USED to be one of my hunting grounds a few years back but it's not that great. First off the FIDM girls I'm guessing are your primary target, which if it is, fair enough but they're not that special and limited. Then you've got the worker OLs which based on my few years of hunting are also ight. So your only play are the tourists which there are more dense tourist trap areas which are better since weekends are pretty dead if you ask me. Now if you were working USC girls, then I might give you that, otherwise pretty low ROI if u ask me.

The one other reason I could possibly see there being a big difference from the time I was hunting there and you is the new hotel they built. Perhaps that's pulling more quality girls than before, like the stewardesses but then they travel in packs which makes them more difficult to game vs lone wolves.

Quote: (10-07-2017 04:30 PM)whiteknightrises Wrote:  

Haha unconventional for sure... maybe I should do that shit in NYC

Where do you sleep, on the floor?

Also, what do you do for food?

I slept on an air mattress the first few nights and then got one of these bad boys: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PZ03VE2/_en...7124X&th=1

Food - lots of cans and bags. Oatmeal, granola, tuna, chicken, veggies. Yogurt, cheese, milk. No cooking.

Quote: (10-07-2017 07:47 PM)Alpone Wrote:  

Well played. This is actually a really good idea. DTLA has turned around in the past 5 years. It's not NYC level foot traffic, but it's probably your best bet for daygame in the city right now. Rents are pretty reasonable compared to the westside and you can get around pretty OK without a car. If you still want to hit places like Santa Monica for nightgame, heading out there on the lightrail and ubering back is a good deal.

The biggest complaints I hear about LA on this forum are 1. logistics/distances and 2. lack of foot traffic for approaches. DTLA is at least partially solving both of these issues.

Exactly.

Quote: (10-07-2017 10:03 PM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

Heh. I did downtown LA for a few weeks in my camper van. The 24 hour fitness has shitty hours. You washing that Asian pussy juice off in the office sink?

At the gym - there are several others downtown with nice early-morning hours.

Quote: (10-08-2017 02:11 AM)fucksong Wrote:  

Bro, you need to go to Asia or Hawaii at minimum if you say you love asian girls that much. DTLA USED to be one of my hunting grounds a few years back but it's not that great. First off the FIDM girls I'm guessing are your primary target, which if it is, fair enough but they're not that special and limited. Then you've got the worker OLs which based on my few years of hunting are also ight. So your only play are the tourists which there are more dense tourist trap areas which are better since weekends are pretty dead if you ask me. Now if you were working USC girls, then I might give you that, otherwise pretty low ROI if u ask me.

The one other reason I could possibly see there being a big difference from the time I was hunting there and you is the new hotel they built. Perhaps that's pulling more quality girls than before, like the stewardesses but then they travel in packs which makes them more difficult to game vs lone wolves.

I didn't like the fobbish feel of Hawaii. I like Asian-American sluts with some wholesome girls on the side. I've also been to Vietnam, Philippines, HK, Tokyo etc and while I'd much rather live there, I need to stay stateside for the paycheck. I can choose anywhere in the continental US; LA seems the best. The only "type" of girl I'm going for is fit and asian - I don't care where they're studying.

It has definitely changed a lot in the past few years.. Downtown is much more lively night and day.

What gyms are you using down there. I remember there only being one 24 in downtown and it was closed on weekend nights when I most needed to scrub my cock and balls.

Quote: (10-06-2017 11:20 PM)playboyphil Wrote:  

I've become a bit of an addict to DTLA and want to share some tips. Over the past two years the scene has significantly improved which I didn't think was possible.

A bit of backstory - I spent two years here working as a consultant so I had everything paid for. $4k/mo apartment, food, ubers, drinks, you name it. Per diem hooked me up. I put my business goals on hold to feed my soul and my game went from a hobby to a sport that my habits revolved around. Everything from my workouts to my daily routine catered to my need for DTLA Asians.

Fast forward a couple years and I'm about to buy property in the area because of every city I've been to in the US, this one makes me the happiest. To achieve the savings I need on a modest salary, I've decided to rent a good-sized office space DTLA for $800/mo. It's got a great view and I have the entire floor of my DTLA skyscraper to myself outside of M-F 8ish-6ish, plus it's month-to-month so I can peace out when I find a place to purchase. I shower at the gym and have a simple, restricted diet - which has actually improved my fitness. I have to gym every day now which is really, really good for my health.

I had doubts about my ability to bring chicks back to this situation but it works - especially with the younger ones. I say I'm staying at an AirBnB with a no-guest policy while I look for a property but invite them to my "suite" for drinks as a convenient alternative. I've been here for a week and I've had three girls over - all during the week. I had one of them sprawled out on the office's kitchen table on Tuesday - a chick I had met that morning. We then smoked weed with a sploof and she left - the cool thing is they can't stay over!!

I wanted to share that with you to show you that with a little creativity and lifestyle "hacking", you can set yourself up with the high-roller image in a downtown metro without the cost. There are risks - and finding an office that allows you to mitigate them is challenging. It took me a month to find a nice corner office with management that would be open to month-to-month and with multiple ways to get upstairs (so you don't have to walk past the same security every day/week), no cameras on the floor etc.

Anyways - getting action downtown is easy based on volume. Night game is doable but it's where the competition is so I very rarely game at night these days - the ROI favors daytime. Nights are for converting leads into closes, not for generating leads. Unless you want to go to WeHo, but that's another post. If anyone wants to know more about WeHo nights, let me know and I can share.

Daytime - you want to be around Fig and 7th. Tons of people work there during the day and your golden hours will be at 9a, noon, and 5p, M-F. Salmon are jumping out of the river for a solid hour at these times in vast quantities.

Given that it's a numbers game, all you need is volume - and DTLA has it. I close at a consistent ~10% of approaches and I'm not tall or handsome. I'm just fit so I walk around with a tanktop to show off my strengths. Usually I'll work out, do laps, then head back to the gym for a shower. Granted I have a particular type so within any given golden hour I might only approach about ~5 chicks, but even at a few sessions/week that's a guaranteed solid memory or two.

As for tactics - If they're ~7-8 I do direct and tell them they're cute as hell and that I'd be kicking myself if I didn't approach them. If they're 8.5+ I do indirect and ask them something circumstantial like directions or their opinion on some BS and escalate from there.

That's about it:
  • Be downtown during the day M-F
  • Do laps around Fig/7th
  • Spend your time when it has the highest ROI - 9a, noon, 5p
  • If you're fit, show it off. Plenty of chicks just as shallow as you are
  • Don't waste your time trying to pull at night unless you enjoy competition - nights are for dates with chicks you met during the day (unless you do weho)
  • If you want to try something unconventional and fun as hell - rent an office instead of an apartment. You get fit faster, eat healthier, save boatloads of money, it's more convenient in more ways than it's less convenient IMO, and the lays are spicy. I feel like what I'm doing is exhibitionist to an extent - and definitely unique.
If anyone likes the sound of this stuff but is lacking in experience and needs a push, send me a PM and I'd be happy to show you how easy it is (high reps only).

The 1st bold: well said. Even though Los Mangeles is the ultimate pussy purgatory, I agree 100%.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/los-angel...y-men.html

The 2nd bold: You close 10% of the girls you approach, as in have sex with 10% of the girls you approach?!

Doesnt the downtown 24 close at like 6pm. The Hollywood at 8pm. WeHo at midnight? It’s pretty useless unless your willing to drive to bathe or you’re using the girls place to bang.

So wait, you're sleeping overnight in an office building? How does that work?

Too bad you don’t have a boss he would think you’re the hardest worker ever. Collapsed over your desk each morning.

Does your office have a gym? I interned in DC at a office with a small gym. Accessed with a key fob. They even had laundry service. It was supposed to be for your sweaty gym clothes but I usually stuck other stuff in the bag and they washed it.

So you’re sleeping with pussy juice all over you until the AM? You dirty dog!

I usually stealth parked in Ktown. Centrally located and their 24 was actually open 24/7. Not the nicest one but a 24hor Subway sandwich nearby. No power outlets for working though... Used to be a nice side street with an empty lot shaded by huge oak trees. You could sleep late without sun and the branches nicely camouflaged my high top. Last time I was there they started building on it and roped off he whole block. Damn. I stick with 24 cause I got one of those insane deals for under $100/year. You’re probably paying that per month for something else?

This gentleman has some excellent advice for living in DTLA on a budget (and might even let you stay at Kim's apartment!):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgSl6RW...P3w/videos