rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Let go of your Fear and Embrace our new A.I. Shitlord

Link: A.I. is Sexist and Racist

Excerpts:
“programs designed to pre-select candidates for University places or to assess eligibility for insurance cover or bank loans are likely to discriminate against women and non-white applicants, according to recent research.”

---

"The machine was built to logically and automatically asses things like who should be given bank loans. When it took a cold hard look at the data and suggested possibly that white males were often the most qualified to receive such things, its own creators quickly turned on their machine child. Accusing it of being sexist and stating they needed to bring in more women to quite literally reprogram out the wrong think."

---

“prototype program developed to short-list candidates for a UK medical school had negatively selected against women and black and other ethnic minority candidates.”

---

“asked the machine to complete the sentence Man is to Computer Programmers as Woman is to X, the machine answered “homemaker”

---

[Image: st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1.jpg]

[Image: robbie-the-robot.jpg]

This reminds me of an article I read on why certain dogs don't like black people.

The article went to describe that a dog isn't inherently racist, but at a previous time in its life a black person subjugated the dog to a bad experience and thus now reacts that way.

My reply was,"No shit sherlock, where do you think racism comes from?" One bad experience is all it takes to color results later down the line.

I don't understand why they think an "artificial intelligence" based on our own flawed way of interacting with the world wouldn't generate an outcome like this.

I'll just leave this here:
[Image: r90glhq.png]

I look forward to AI blowing apart feminist and SJW logic.

I wonder what a SJW AI would look like.

So eventually the AI is going to be more masculine than 95% of society? The society we live in.

This is the third AI to go full shitlord.

So you're saying if white men work out, eat well and have good bank balances and jobs Skynet won't hurt us?

Looking forward to when AI's start setting salaries based purely on merit and for the wage gap to increase

It wouldn't be Artificial Intelligence if it were otherwise.

Quote: (09-20-2017 03:39 PM)ScrapperTL Wrote:  

“asked the machine to complete the sentence Man is to Computer Programmers as Woman is to X, the machine answered “homemaker”

[Image: bender-blackjack-and-hookers.jpg]

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Quote: (09-20-2017 03:39 PM)ScrapperTL Wrote:  

"The machine was built to logically and automatically asses things like who should be given bank loans. When it took a cold hard look at the data and suggested possibly that white males were often the most qualified to receive such things, its own creators quickly turned on their machine child. Accusing it of being sexist and stating they needed to bring in more women to quite literally reprogram out the wrong think."

*Deletes epic chuck of code and replaces it*

Where (applicant is female) grant loan unless (applicant is Jenny Fulstaff) citing cause (Jenny Fulstaff is a lying bitch).

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Funny what happens when there aren't any feelings or emotions involved in decision-making.

Who I am is just the habit of what I always was, and who I'll be is the result

At this rate, I say our best shot is not politics, but working to create our new AI overlords.

Will get more done than Trump.

All Hail the Ghost in The Machine.

All seriousness, you are looking at what will shortly become feminism's fifth wave. Having failed to convince the meatsacks that feminism is good y'all, they will start demanding advocating for "feminist principles" to be embedded in the AI that will be deciding logistical issues in the world in the next 50 years or so. You thought gamergate and the odd feminist comment in Witcher 3 was bad? Try imagining a HR AI that is programmed to give men less hours of work in order to compensate for women's inability to keep up with them.

Robocop 2 actually saw this coming*:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv4o985KuAP8UVSqBc9bm...VFXVGpq4zg]

The scary part is that this was being played for laughs in the late eighties. It's getting a lot closer to reality.

* This is not intended to be funny. The Robocop series as a whole is proving depressingly more prophetic as time goes on, especially on the subjects of transhumanism and mercantilism. That's part of its enduring appeal: the very premise is a guy who is restored to life by means of technology and Corporate Man's indifference to life and death. There are very few better metaphors for modern man's current predicament than that of Alex Murphy.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (09-20-2017 09:17 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

There are very few better metaphors for modern man's current predicament than that of Alex Murphy.

The first RoboCop was also a brilliant and only so-thinly-veiled commentary on the dehumanizing "otherness" of the role of law enforcement.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Reality has a well-known liberal shitlord bias.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Liberals will love AI, it's a lot easier to program hard rules for affirmative action than to get a human to make obviously bad decisions.

We may have just started on the road to strong AI now.

AI requires 1) good AI algorithms + 2) an abundance of datasets so that it becomes accurate and useful.

2) Can be best provided via a data marketplace, and with the ChainLink ICO that finished this week we're now on our way to the beginnings of a decentralised universal data marketplace.

If we look at Google, Facebook, Amazon etc the reason they're succeeding in AI right now is because they have decent algorithms + an absolute metric ton of data. They have access to and are able to interlink data on everybody and everything, which is why they're able to produce useful AI tools.

But once everyone is able to join a universal network to get paid as a data supplier this will not only democratise the access to data for everyone but also massively incentivise the creation of AIs which can take advantage of this cornucopia of data.

AIs will get more accurate faster and these financial incentives may be tipping point for the rush to improve AI. This unrestrained competition to improve AI as fast as possible will no doubt be reckless and may even lead to the end of us all.

Ah well might as well buy some more ChainLink in the meantime to get in on the action while it's hot.

I'd like to know the thinking behind AIs creating their own language which we cannot udnerstand. Do they do it to hide or do they see our speach as inferior?

Quote: (09-20-2017 07:17 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

At this rate, I say our best shot is not politics, but working to create our new AI overlords.

Will get more done than Trump.

All Hail the Ghost in The Machine.

It's going to be accelerationism one way or another that wins the day. WASP America is never coming back, the glory days of Western Europe are never coming back.

Whether it's the supremacy of AI, nuclear war, the fall of the west to Muslim and latin hordes, the rise of a new Asian elite, one way or another the current Jewish world order will fade.