rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to live in Europe?

Where to live in Europe?

Hi

I am thinking of moving out from PL.

In your opinion which european country is the best to live looong term ie conditions climate salary/cost if living ratio etc

Thx

Where to live in Europe?

I've lived in German, Spain and France.

I'd go with France. It really is the best of both worlds. You have an intellectual culture, but the women are classy and beautiful. Maybe the best in Europe.

Spain is too hot, and they exploit outsiders.

Where to live in Europe?

How about a bit more info on your interests, income, lifestyle, desires, etc, as Europe is a big fucking place.

Where to live in Europe?

Barcelona.

Where to live in Europe?

I thought about this really hard, actually. There's no perfect country. Every country has its positives and negatives. I am Italian and I love our culture. Everything about Italy is almost perfect. Weather, food, cities, etc. Only bad thing about Italy is that economy and girls.

Thank God, I don't have any income problem but Italian girls are absolutely horrible. I think they're the worst girls along with Spanish, Portuegese and French. Attitude-wise, they all think they're Adriana Lima, physically I'm not really attracted to them either. I like tall, blonde girls with blue eyes.

According to my liking, I discovered several countries in Europe where girls are amazing. For example, Lithuania - Estonia - Norway - Sweden - Ukraine but I went to all of them (apart of Norway) and lived 3 weeks or little bit more. These countries have amazing girls but their culture is really weird. Weather is depressive. Overall, I like almost nothing but girls there.

So, I didn't find any country that has everything really. I think this is only possible, if we ship all the Swedish-Lithuanian-Ukranian-Latvian girls to Italy, then Italy would be the best country in the world.

Where to live in Europe?

OP we definitely need some more info regarding lifestyle, current job, education ect. Starting to work in a new country is not possible for everyone, at least if you want to have the same type of job as you have today in PL.

I have met a lot of Polish engineers in Norway, working as chefs, waiters and cleaners in search for a job that matches their education. Still, you will make an okay living as a chef here, but It might not be the dream to work with something distant from your type of skill set.

The positive about living in Scandinavia is that 90% of the population is "middle class" and most people can afford what they want within reason, even with a low-status jobs as bus driver. A fulltime bussdriver in Norway makes about 48.000€ a year before tax (35-36%)
(it´s crazy, I know).

Then again, weather is shitty, things are expensive (but not compared to salaries), and it´s difficult to break through social circles, something I can imagine is quite comparable to German/Austrian and Swiss culture as well.

If you are well off, if would not even consider Scandinavia. It´s paradise for the lower and middle class households.

Being rich will give you a lot more fun and social recognition in other countries.

Where to live in Europe?

@churros

Is it true that they do not speak english there? I really hate that

Where to live in Europe?

@rainy

That really do not matter. I am looking for so called best deal. I will adapt.

Where to live in Europe?

@Rossi

Girls is the last thing I am worried about. I am thinking cost of living, overall vibe, people in general, decent level of english, salaries, infrastructure, etc

Where to live in Europe?

Quote: (07-27-2017 03:23 PM)XXL Wrote:  

@Rossi

Girls is the last thing I am worried about. I am thinking cost of living, overall vibe, people in general, decent level of english, salaries, infrastructure, etc

Everything else is great but getting a job is very difficult, especially for someone who doesn't speak Italian.

Where to live in Europe?

@Drazen

I spent 10 days in Barcelona. City itself is beautiful.
But..

-nobody speaks fucking english except a couple of bartenders but their level stops at words like sweet or dry (about wine). Not even young people. They also keep speaking spanish even when they clearly see we do not understand them. Total ignorance.

- drivers are crazy, drive like idiots and horn all the time, it is annoying and noisy on the street.

- in plenty of places city simply stinks, like you walk down the road and suddenly disgusting odour hits your nose for a couple of seconds. Weird

- People are teoublesome they start shit for silly reasons, couple of ladies confronted us just because we were young and sitting in bus when they went in. Some bitch called police just because we parked bikes inside the hall of our flat (there was plenty of space nobody could be bothered but that).

- you cant buy booze after 11pm in the city. Only in restaurants or pubs. personally I was in shock when I was looking for a beer to take to the beach at night.

- tough to find cigarettes. when we ask clerk in supermarket about she looked at us as if we asked her about cocaine or something. Really?

- People leave their bags of thrash on the pavement next to their front door. I know some service probably picks it up (hopefully) but it is really weird to see those bags just laying there stinking.

It left me with very mixed feelings

Where to live in Europe?

@Bateman

Norway/Scandinavia is probably great except shitty weather.

Where to live in Europe?

Quote: (07-27-2017 03:40 PM)XXL Wrote:  

@Drazen

- tough to find cigarettes. when we ask clerk in supermarket about she looked at us as if we asked her about cocaine or something. Really?

Huh?[Image: huh.gif]

I don't even smoke but I saw cigarettes for sell everywhere in Barcelona and every other part of Spain. Newstands, corner stores, grocery stores,etc No different than anywhere else, unless they passed some new law this year that I am unaware of.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Where to live in Europe?

Austria.

Where to live in Europe?

In Europe the area of Algarve Portugal was my favorite. If you decide to visit let me know, and I'll draw you a map that leads to paradise. It can be hard to find and you'll need an offroad vehicle.

Goodluck

Where to live in Europe?

Here's the general impression I've got from talking with people in person from the forum as well as my own experiences. Western European cities (outside of Southern Europe) are better for living overall. A good strategy would be to be based in a Western European city and travel during the summer to somewhere like Kiev. Poland and Hungary are good all around "compromises" if you choose to remain in the East. Baltics are too boring for most long term and Balkans are tough for living.

https://mavericktraveler.com/13-things-d...rn-europe/

This article sums up a lot of things that just plainly suck about living in EE.

I'd personally recommend Vienna Austria.

Where to live in Europe?

What are the cheapest livable Euro countries?

Where to live in Europe?

Western Europe is expensive, so you should look into EE and I find this website pretty accurate: https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/re...region=151

I personally didn't hear good opinions from people I know in real life about Bulgaria and Ukraine to live long term, much better choices would be other countries, like even Poland where I find terms of living on very high-level except for the jobs prospect, but this is a problem for most Eastern countries. Few years ago I would be glad to live in Germany, France or UK, but with the current situation I gotta say I would pick any EE country over any Western if it's not about grinding money.

Where to live in Europe?

Quote: (07-27-2017 07:08 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

What are the cheapest livable Euro countries?

Balkans, but aside from maybe Croatia wouldn't recommend them long long term.

Where to live in Europe?

Quote: (07-27-2017 11:26 AM)churros Wrote:  

I've lived in German, Spain and France.

I'd go with France. It really is the best of both worlds. You have an intellectual culture, but the women are classy and beautiful. Maybe the best in Europe.

Spain is too hot, and they exploit outsiders.

The main reason that I suspect many people would hold back on France would be the cultural enrichment.

Where to live in Europe?

@Akwesi

Why Austria?

Where to live in Europe?

@LINUX

I heard some good things about that. We will see [Image: wink.gif]

Where to live in Europe?

@Nowak

My first guess was to move to Germany preferably eastern region to make money in euro and still stay relatively close to my family in PL.

Thanks for link will look it up

Where to live in Europe?

So do you want to find a job and live from that money you earn from this job or do you have a location independent income. If you need to find a job in what industry are you looking to work? How many years of professional experience do you have? The answer to your question will be mostly based on the way you generate your income.

Where to live in Europe?

Quote: (07-28-2017 02:29 AM)XXL Wrote:  

@Akwesi

Why Austria?

Since you seem to be seeking employment, I ruled out Eastern Europe and the Iberian peninsula. That leaves Western Europe. My favorite city in Western Europe is Vienna, Austria. A big city, but used to be even bigger as an imperial capital long ago. For this reason it never seems crowded, and it is beautiful and awe-inspiring. You will feel a sense of grandeur and a connection with the past as you roam around the city. A good economy and quality of life, and moderate cost of living.

Very laid-back, which I think will appeal to you based on your criticism of Barcelona. Hipsters consider it a conservative city (although the Social Democrats dominate and many apartments in the city are owned by the local government). English seems to be ok among young people. I don't think Vienna is a poosy paradise, but then again you said you're not looking for that.

As a Scandinavian I would caution against going to Scandinavia. The weather sucks, and cost of living and taxes are very high. Among the Scandinavian countries I would recommend Denmark, with slightly better weather, lower prices, better access to alcohol, and less cucked politicians and media. However, it does not have the same natural beauty as the northernmost countries.