rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Greece/Croatia Yacht Week vs Greece/Croatia (solo)

Upon looking at the threads I can't find anything that specifically compares the two but would like to gain a further understanding of Advantages / Disadvantages of the two if anyone has experienced either or both.

Planning a Summer trip next year (around 2-3 weeks)
(unfortunately not available this year) and weighing up the pros/cons of whether to organise a yacht week (either through own friends or attaching onto a 'randoms' yacht) or just travelling to similar destinations / islands but riding solo staying in hostels / AirBNBs.

At the moment I'm pretty torn between the options, budget is pretty open given it's only a few weeks so welcome your thoughts.

By way of background if this helps, Aussie, late 20s, work in the CBD and pretty sporty.

Cheers

Quote: (06-22-2017 08:25 AM)johnwain Wrote:  

Upon looking at the threads I can't find anything that specifically compares the two but would like to gain a further understanding of Advantages / Disadvantages of the two if anyone has experienced either or both.

Planning a Summer trip next year (around 2-3 weeks)
(unfortunately not available this year) and weighing up the pros/cons of whether to organise a yacht week (either through own friends or attaching onto a 'randoms' yacht) or just travelling to similar destinations / islands but riding solo staying in hostels / AirBNBs.

At the moment I'm pretty torn between the options, budget is pretty open given it's only a few weeks so welcome your thoughts.

By way of background if this helps, Aussie, late 20s, work in the CBD and pretty sporty.

Cheers

If you charter a boat, great.

If you don't, then pick another random week to see the area. Its still fun.

Yacht week without a yacht would be frustrating.