rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best free sites to download music?

I haven't downloaded music in ages! What are the best free sites or software to download music these days?

At the moment I'm using Kickass, Isohunt and Pirate Bay but I can't seem to find some tracks from the 90s that I use to love!

These no copyright laws where I live!

Napster.

Youtube + savefromnet

^^ also use youtube+convert2mp3

Download and install SLSK.

There is nothing that I have not been able to find on there (FLAC / MP3 / WAV)

http://www.slsknet.org/news/

“It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains.” Thomas Henry Huxley

The Drum & Bass Music Thread
The Dubstep Music Thread

get a family plan on spotify and split the cost with friends.

Quote: (05-07-2017 03:49 PM)ElSanto Wrote:  

get a family plan on spotify and split the cost with friends.

Spotify can be ad-free even without the premium option. Install an ad-blocker on your browser and open it here. Haven't tried it on mobile, but I've been doing this for a few years on my laptop.

Thanks for the feedback!

Youtube then converting to mp3 would have to be the easiest option where I'm using 'Free Youtube downloader.'

alt.binaries.mp3

alt.binaries.sounds.lossless

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

I don't understand why people even download music anymore.

I used to hoard music a decade ago.

Now I just stream it on Spotify, Pandora, etc - it's way easier, you can like and replay songs and make your own playlist and customize a channel by adding your favorite bands.

No need to wait on downloading an album or uploading them onto an iPhone or mp3 player.

pirate bay

for obscure stuff, soul seek is still great

streaming is for people who aren't serious about music [Image: sleepy.gif]

don't rip youtube unless you want to bleed out your ears

Quote: (05-08-2017 02:10 PM)churros Wrote:  

streaming is for people who aren't serious about music [Image: sleepy.gif]

Then you should be carrying a record player everywhere you go [Image: lol.gif]

Tidal streams lossless quality.

Mp3juices, It converts YouTube videos to music files so you can add them to your iTunes account.

I download music because I travel a lot and cannot rely on wifi or data for streaming. I have over 15,000 tracks on my phone (about 45gb but have a 128gb microSD. Also have my music backed up on another microSD and a portable hard drive, because I am paranoid!).

I find Youtube to often be poor quality so rely on torrents.

vidtomp3.com also converts youtube links(right click>Copy video url) to mp3 and then you can upload it to itunes which it converts to mp4.
Have been doing this for years and have not paid for any iTunes overpriced music.

Quote: (05-08-2017 01:58 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

I don't understand why people even download music anymore.

I used to hoard music a decade ago.

Now I just stream it on Spotify, Pandora, etc - it's way easier, you can like and replay songs and make your own playlist and customize a channel by adding your favorite bands.

No need to wait on downloading an album or uploading them onto an iPhone or mp3 player.

I'm sure the DJ at a wedding I went too had that thought too. But there was no wifi or cellular service -_-

The last thing I want to hear at a house party is ads from someones iPhone/Android while Pandora or Spotify plays.

Quote: (05-08-2017 10:15 PM)Mr. Joe Kerr Wrote:  

Mp3juices, It converts YouTube videos to music files so you can add them to your iTunes account.

This and mp3monkey.net

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

I thought someone would mention rutracker by now. It uses torrents, but it a damn good resource. Of course check everything with yalls anti virus first. And don't use uTorrent! I think they save ip adresses.

Quote: (05-16-2017 12:36 AM)Soundbyte Wrote:  

I thought someone would mention rutracker by now. It uses torrents, but it a damn good resource. Of course check everything with yalls anti virus first. And don't use uTorrent! I think they save ip adresses.

What about bittorrent?

Quote: (05-16-2017 01:30 AM)churros Wrote:  

Quote: (05-16-2017 12:36 AM)Soundbyte Wrote:  

What about bittorrent?

People recomend qbittorrent or deluge.
If you do a search for uTorrent and mpaa, you will find that it was either bought or it has a lot of ads.
there is a reddit thread of people recommending clients https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/co..._utorrent/

Spotify is like a tenner a month. If you like music it's a no brainer. You can save your favourite songs for offline use too.

If I downloaded everything I wanted to listen to from torrents it would cost me far more in terms of my time.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Quote: (05-16-2017 12:53 PM)roberto Wrote:  

Spotify is like a tenner a month. If you like music it's a no brainer. You can save your favourite songs for offline use too.

If I downloaded everything I wanted to listen to from torrents it would cost me far more in terms of my time.

I 100% agree for individual songs. Now, for old albums, torrents are really good, especially if you are looking for lossless rips of old albums to send to a cd.

For example, I was looking for a copy of Sade's Diamond Life, UK press, and it took about 40 minutes to an hour from download to cd. I had to convert from a video format to wma, which took a long time for many gigs worth of data. However .flac rips will take 10 mins from download to cd tops.

run a google search for "youtube mp3" and pick a site.. converts youtube links to audio files

I use SoulseekQT. Viperial used to be my go-to source, but it got shutdown. You can also try Atrilli and 9Clacks.