rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

CBS "Criminal Minds" episode depicts attacker who is part of the manosphere

Episode is airing right now. The attacker pours acid on attractive individuals who are featured on the fictional manosphere website "No Means Yes," a site whose purpose is to post pictures of attractive young people and mock them for being good-looking. Seriously.

The word "manosphere" is explicitly used many times. Unsurprisingly, its portrayal is 100% negative, with the usual word soup of racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynist, hateful, etc. being listed on more than one occasion. The characters also link the manosphere back to Elliot Rodger. As I type this, they just dropped the term "incel."

This shit has gone more mainstream than I'd ever imagined.

Did the attacker have a beard? [Image: lol.gif]

I am assuming they originally filmed this when they tought Shillary was going to win the election.

Perhaps a glimpse of how they would have started to come after us had she won.

Quote: (03-01-2017 09:45 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Did the attacker have a beard? [Image: lol.gif]

Looks like you escaped without a reference. The attacker essentially just turned out to be an Elliot Rodger 2.0.

Are we really concerned with what old women who haven't naturally-lubricated since the late 1980's watch?

We're a step up from their Furry episode, at least.

Quote: (03-01-2017 09:50 PM)Mercenary Wrote:  

I am assuming they originally filmed this when they tought Shillary was going to win the election.

Perhaps a glimpse of how they would have started to come after us had she won.

I mentioned this in another thread, but Homeland had an Alex Jones inspired character pop up in ep 4 (complete with the frothing at the mouth & a Rogan/Jones type set). Also of note is the female president-elect who bends an ear to Carrie throughout the season & considers her an advisor.

They're coming after us either way. I expect even more so now that their salt is running into their wounds.

Just like with bashing Milo, these Old Media chumps just don't learn. If you use the term "manosphere", then guess what? More people will google the term, and end up at Roosh, RVF, etc.

Dumb and sad! [Image: biggrin.gif]

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Oh, were it open season on rabbits. Image the greatness we could achieve.

On the contrary. I'm going to have to go look to see what "Criminal Minds" is. Makes me think 'thought criminals.' That's more like it around here. Thing is, CBS always used to have those cameramen who can't hold the thing still. When I used to have TV, there was a show on CBS with this Psychic lady who solved crimes. Think it was a one word title, so it couldn't have been 'nosy bitch,' even though that sounds right.

Quote: (03-01-2017 09:39 PM)Delta Wrote:  

Episode is airing right now. The attacker pours acid on attractive individuals who are featured on the fictional manosphere website "No Means Yes," a site whose purpose is to post pictures of attractive young people and mock them for being good-looking. Seriously.

Wait....what? [Image: lol.gif]

I saw a bit of the episode is if anything this represents black pill sites like sluthate and lookism but we have to be on our guard if anything

I've got a TV (sports addict - guilty), but I haven't watched a network TV drama series in 15+ years.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Quote: (03-02-2017 12:36 AM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

Yeah the whole thing is a rather cartoonish portrayal of the manosphere as a bunch of bitter social rejects who hate everyone that's able to get laid. As I mentioned earlier, it's clearly inspired by Elliot Rodger, who the mainstream has apparently decided is the face of our movement [Image: dodgy.gif].

Just once can mainstream media portray the manosphere in a remotely balanced way? I'm not even bothered by them saying we're bitter. It's true enough. But you NEVER hear the other side, about how so many men have used the advice written here to improve their lives. I'm one of them. I was a virgin in my 20's when I first stumbled upon the manosphere, and since then, I've banged girls and had girlfriends cuter than those I used to think of as an impossible pipe dream. In a few years, I've gone from feeling totally clueless, powerless, and depressed, to feeling confident and optimistic about life. I'm sure there are thousands out there like me; why can't one of us be the face of the manosphere? Why does one psycho who was barely even associated with the movement get to define us?

At this point, I won't even be surprised if in the near future some police procedural does an episode about diabolical men using the Internet to assemble "pro-rape meetups."

Delta, you are moving into the 2nd phase of the red pill.
Figuring out why the powers that be have changed the world into this mess we see today.
Time to start reading and posting in the RVF politics subforum.

Attempting to attribute fake blame on an underground/counter culture movement, subsequently increasing the notoriety and adding more fuel to its fire.

Lamestream are heroes.

Quote:Quote:

a site whose purpose is to post pictures of attractive young people and mock them for being good-looking.

Haha, reminds me of #TagtheSponsor

[Image: confused.gif]

Who watches crap TV anymore anyway? I can't stand five minutes of it.

I hope they do a full exposé and I hope they try link PewDiePie into the mix also.

Quote: (03-02-2017 12:36 AM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

With the Elliot Rodger connection I suspect they were actually trying to reference omega sites like PUAHate and paedophile apologist David Futrelle over at We Hunted The Mammoth. #So2010. Those are actually not manosphere sites at all; they're against picking up women at all, and as for fucking rape, that would involve actually getting the courage up to talk to a female of a vaguely simian species.

If I remember right these low-renters did something similar with Gamergate a couple of years back. Just standard low-paid TV writers having to earn their paychecks each week, nothing to see here.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Ironically, if Elliot Roger would have embraced the manosphere instead of PUA hate he probably wouldn't have had that downward spiral.

Growth Over Everything Else.

The episode is called "Alpha Male" and it is "Season 12 --- Episode 15":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6391990/plotsummary

When is the Feminist killer episode airing? The one where an angry female goes around and murders innocent men just for having a penis?

Or is it misogynistic of me to even think of such a thing?!?

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

^ Already happened in the other thread with the Aussie Tranny haha

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Fuckin hate that show and others of its ilk.

In addition to TV glamorizing degeneracy, there is a genre that glamorizes authoritarianism and submission to such. NCIS, Homeland, Numbers, Criminal Minds, etc all just piss me off. You have a bunch of agents running roughshod over peoples' rights, and if a character doesn't knuckle under in the name of expediency they are marginalized and vilified as any one of the bad elements du jour: right wing nutcases, pedos, -ists, etc.

The more the manosphere is vilified in "mainstream" mediums such as broadcast TV the better, we can take that as a sign of increasing efficacy and it will ultimately expose more normies to those ideals.

This is only tangentially related to the OP.

There was an episode of Law and Order: SVU years ago, featuring a White Supremacist / KKK defendant. The hot female DA told him that a free public defense attorney would be appointed for him, and he rolled his eyes and said, "What? Jewwy Jewstein!? Can't we just settle this between Whites?"

I'm guessing the dialogue in the Criminal Minds episode was just as bad.