rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Masculine Cooking Recipes?

I did a quick search on the forum and didn't find any threads sharing recipes for men.

Basically, what do you cook for yourself and you think it's good to share it with other men?

It could be how you bake your own bread at home or your own version of omelet or steak. Please don't come up with "how to cook macaroon" thing. It's too gay.

Please share it with a photo of your final product.

[Image: 6424540747_84022946fa_z.jpg]

Kave

Related:

Bodybuilding recipes - Cheap and Nutritious
Thedude cooks a steak
On Cooking for Playboys

Damn,wish I'd seen this earlier .

I'm currently grilling a bottom round roast right now.

Maybe I'll post a pic when it's done later .

Lebanese Style Aubergine

- Slice the aubergine horizontally
- Make a cut inside them and push crushed garlic cloves and green chili inside plus salt and black pepper om top
- Shallow fry them in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add a couple of spoons of vinegar. Aubergine is spongy and can absorb a lot of oil. So adding vinegar would really help. Plus adds an extra flavour
- Serve them in a plate and add Greek feta cheese on top.
- Add some more olive oil on top

Enjoy

What the hell is "masculine" cooking?

A dude's gotta eat. As long as you're not baking frilly cupcakes or whatever who gives a rat's ass about how "masculine" it is.

My go to cooking method for broiled rib eye (or any thick cut of steak really):
- Set broiler to low (wait 10 minutes)
- Salt and pepper each side of steak liberally
- Put steak on cooking surface 6 - 7 inches from broiler
- Broil for 6 minutes or so
- Flip over and broil additional 2 - 3 minutes
- Put on a plate and let it rest 5 minutes

Meanwhile in a frying pan cook up some shallots and rosemary in a bunch of butter and pour it on the rib eye. (Got this idea from Veloce's steak thread)

I don't know if it's masculine though because I'm pretty sure a woman could do the same thing.

^ehatbkind of run do you use and how long do you let it sit before cooking?

Quote: (01-17-2017 09:42 PM)Laurifer Wrote:  

My go to cooking method for broiled rib eye (or any thick cut of steak really):
- Set broiler to low (wait 10 minutes)
- Salt and pepper each side of steak liberally
- Put steak on cooking surface 6 - 7 inches from broiler
- Broil for 6 minutes or so
- Flip over and broil additional 2 - 3 minutes
- Put on a plate and let it rest 5 minutes

Meanwhile in a frying pan cook up some shallots and rosemary in a bunch of butter and pour it on the rib eye. (Got this idea from Veloce's steak thread)

I don't know if it's masculine though because I'm pretty sure a woman could do the same thing.

Should be awesome. I do it with chicken breast as well

Cooking meat on the BBQ is the most manly cooking thing you can do.

Steak and Eggs.

"The Steak and eggs diet boosts testosterone and growth hormone."
"Legendary trainer Vince Gironda, used the steak and eggs diet to get his clients ripped in record time."

Source: http://ironandgrit.com/2015/09/12/the-st...-fat-loss/

Cuban Rotisserie Pork with Peppers and Onions.

Carving up that in front of your mates/guests is a good show. The side dish prepares itself at the same time.

http://www.chowhound.com/recipes/cuban-r...ions-30370

I made smashed burgers last night. It's my preferred way of making burgers these days when I'm using store-bought ground beef. They're similar to what you get if you go to a Tom Wahl's or a Bill Gray's, but if you don't live near me you don't have either of those restaurants.

The lighting is crap in my pictures so the browning doesn't show well, but you'll get the relevant points.

You need:

Ingredients:
- Kaiser rolls
- Ground beef (93/7 and leaner is iffy, it works better with fattier burger, I used 80/20 here)
- American cheese or similar melty cheese
- Whatever toppings you like
- A bit of butter or bacon grease

Cookware:
- Cast iron skillet or griddle, well seasoned and smooth, or you can use a non-stick (either seasoned steel or coated) thick bottomed pan (Note - High walls on the pan can complicate things). I'm using a copper bottomed nonstick pan here because I don't know where the fuck my cast iron griddle plate ran off to.
- Pie plate or similar flat bottomed strong, heat resistant dish. I use a 9" pyrex pie plate
- Thin, broad, sharpish metal spatula

Depending on how much room you have in your pan, you may only been able to cook these one at a time. It's also best to let your cheese get to room temperature before starting for best melting.

Directions:

1. Start heating your pan or griddle. Basically get it as hot as you can safely go, depending on the material, assuming you have a normal stove and not some hellish contraption that can double as a forge in a pinch.

Edit to add here: If you get a teflon coated pan too hot, supposedly the coating will start to break down and get into your food, and it's toxic. So run things a little cooler if you use synthetic-coating nonstick pans. Something like a ceramic nonstick pan would presumably be fine at high temperatures.

2. Make balls of ground beef, 4-5 ounces each.

[Image: IUezBsq.jpg]

3. Put a small amount of grease or butter in the pan and spread it around with a paper towel.

4. Place one or more balls of ground beef on your cooking surface with plenty of room around each one. Immediately press them flat with the pie plate. You want them fairly thin and maybe an inch larger in diameter than your kaiser rolls. That can actually take a fair bit of force to achieve, and a glass pie plate is great so you can see what's happening.

[Image: WizBx18.jpg]

5. While the burger is cooking on its first side, get your cheese ready and cut your roll if you haven't already. The burgers cook fast so don't walk away.

6. The burger is ready to turn when it starts to brown around the edges and some holes are showing through, like this, or you can let it go a bit longer too:

[Image: vXkXaxG.jpg]

7. Work your spatula under the burger while moving around the edge a bit at a time. The objective is to avoid ripping the burger from where it is sticking to the pan, and to get the stuck portions up cleanly. This can be impossible in a badly seasoned pan or with rough cast iron. It's also complicated by pans with walls because it can be hard to get a good shallow angle on the burger with your spatula.

If you do it right, it'll look like this when you flip it:

[Image: OXNsIBS.jpg]

That browning is the really delicious part so you don't want to leave it behind.

8. Put your cheese on the burger to melt right away and let it cook about another minute. You'll need to experiment to find your preferred balance of burger thickness to doneness here. I usually go for just barely well done, maybe a small amount of pink in the center.

9. Serve on kaiser roll with appropriate toppings.

[Image: cVQGLcN.jpg]

You'll need a hell of a big griddle plate if you want to serve more than about two burgers at a time, but they're delicious and easy.

pot roast.

get a roast, about 2.5lbs. put in crock pot, cover with water, add salt. depending on your crock pot, will take 6-8 hours. about 2 hours before finish, add celery, carrots, potatoes, and onions.

you can eat it like a stew. Another way is to slice and put it on french bread and eat with saurkraut.

its healthy, hearty, tastes like home cooking and is easy to make.

Smoking meat is as manly as you can get. You don't see many women on the BBQ circuit. Smoke, fire, wood, and huge slabs of meat being cooked outdoors.

Irish stew. Meat, potatoes, veggies, beer. Everything the body needs.

Not on here much anymore. I'm either out on 2 wheels or trying to kill something.

Plenty in here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hix-Oyster-Chop...1844003922

My manly food to make for people is grilled sweet chili kajiki aka blue marlin.

First, catch a blue marlin. Preferably like this (Australia style):

Gut it and cut it up into the biggest steaks you can but not more than 2.5 inches thick.

Then get a bottle of this:
[Image: e019e69e-32cb-46b5-9fc6-944be9ed0556_1.3...nBg=FFFFFF]

Dont confuse this with srichacha. Lots of people do. That stuff is for gays.

Put as many steaks and a liberal amount of the Mae ploy into a ziploc bag, shake the hell out of it and put it in the regfridgerator for three hours.

Get your grill really hot. Use basic Kingsford and kiawe branches. You don't need to cook it more than a few minutes on each side.

Serve with Busch Beer:
[Image: 18200610479.jpg]

Happy Australia Day!

Aloha!

Bumping this thread for some last minute advice before I potentially waste some money.

Induction cooking. Is it bullshit or not?

I'm looking to cut out the local coffee guy for my daily fix and I was perusing stainless steel italian style stovetop coffee makers when I noticed one of them claims to be "Suitable for induction hobs". I've always wondered about induction plates and figured it might be worth the extra expense to be able to get the temperature exact, and in theory it will pay itself off over time against even my gas top stove, but I thought I'd put it out here hoping someone who's used them in the past might chime in.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (11-20-2018 04:17 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Bumping this thread for some last minute advice before I potentially waste some money.

Induction cooking. Is it bullshit or not?

I'm looking to cut out the local coffee guy for my daily fix and I was perusing stainless steel italian style stovetop coffee makers when I noticed one of them claims to be "Suitable for induction hobs". I've always wondered about induction plates and figured it might be worth the extra expense to be able to get the temperature exact, and in theory it will pay itself off over time against even my gas top stove, but I thought I'd put it out here hoping someone who's used them in the past might chime in.

What I remember about induction cooking is that it uses magnets arranged in such a way to induce "eddy currents", which is also the same principle used to slow down maglev trains as they approach the next station.

Simply put, the friction and resulting energy loss from "eddy currents" increases the heat of the cook top and should heat up if the correct cookware is used.

So before you potentially invest thousands of dollars on an induction cook top, it is a good idea to know which kinds of cookware are compatible for induction cooking.

TL;DR: If the magnet sticks on the bottom of a pot or pan, it is likely to be compatible for induction cooking.
"Don't you hate it when you have a state-of-the-art induction cook top, but isn't compatible with any of your cookware?" #185

I'm not looking to replace my entire cooktop. Just wondering whether it was worth buying a benchtop plug-in unit suitable for the coffee maker or a single pot/pan.

I still prefer gas in the longrun since I can store a large supply of it.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

I just use gas for my stovetop coffee maker on a low heat and its always worked fine. Then again I'm not a coffee connoisseur.

I use a Hamilton Beach stainless steel electric percolator and Costco coffee. Easier than the stove and there is no plastic from bwhich chemicals can leach

Quote: (11-20-2018 07:58 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

I'm not looking to replace my entire cooktop. Just wondering whether it was worth buying a benchtop plug-in unit suitable for the coffee maker or a single pot/pan.

I still prefer gas in the longrun since I can store a large supply of it.

In that case, it would be wise to check the maximum power of the portable plug-in induction cooktop. A quick search reveals that a quality plug-in unit will cost anywhere from fifty to a couple of hundred dollars.

I found a different forum that discusses whether a portable induction cooktop is a good investment (https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2480097). It could help you find a quality plug in unit. The theme I found from those posts is that a good quality plug in induction cooktop produces the correct amount of heat and distributes it evenly across the pot/pan.

(Click on image to view product page)
From IKEA ($49):
[Image: 0469418_PE612203_S5.JPG]

From The Good Guys ($99 | Special Order):
[Image: 50050228_532295.PNG][Image: 50051534_539084.PNG]

From Product Review (search for "induction")
[Image: 5951e9f0-3184-4036-aef1-d04216ca3707.png]

Portable Induction Cooktop Review:

As stated before, make sure that the pot/pan can attract magnets on its bottom to ensure its induction cooking compatibility.
"There are few things more satisfying than a fried egg that doesn't spill its yolk." #187

Cheers. I was going to pair it strictly with stainless steel cookware.

Induction cookers are worth it if you get a really top quality one - otherwise you have far more control with gas in my opinion. I rent a beautiful flat, with a very underpowered and undersized "Bachelor" type induction cooker. It is problematic enough that I am considering moving out. Do not buy a low quality one if you cook regularly and enjoy cooking.