rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Science speaks - Travel grants greater happiness than material possessions

http://moneyland.time.com/2011/07/21/wan...-vacation/

Something many of us probably knew in our gut all along. Still it's nice to have it in writing.

Quote:Quote:

This might seem counter-intuitive. After all, when faced with a trade-off between doing and buying, many people opt for the material good because “it will still be there” long after the experience would have been enjoyed. In one sense that’s correct: The material good lasts while the experience is fleeting. But psychologically it’s the reverse. We quickly adapt to the material good, but the experience endures in the memories we cherish, the stories we tell and the very sense of who we are.

I keep telling my friends, you can't put a price on experiences and memories!
I have some of my best experiences, memories and fucks from my travels!!!
Don't know how much money I have spent on travels over the last 7-8 years (alot), but I don't regret none of it....if I could I would have gone back and done even more travelling! :-)

-rdp

Every time I get nervous about pulling the trigger on a major trip, buying thousands of dollars of airfare and hotel rooms at once, when I start guessing myself... I always stop and ask myself, "When was the last time you regretted taking a big trip?" Answer: never.

Totally agree with the above. Travel is like a drug, the more of it you do, the more you get hooked and want do even more. Travelling is life for me and people have a very hard time not only understanding that but also how much I've spent on it. Just in the past 12 months alone with what I spent on travelling, I could have easily bought a nice BMW or a condo in BKK - cash. As we say in French, "quand on aime, on ne compte pas" (when you love something, you don't count money). Travel keeps you happy and young and it's been proven since immemorial times and now, it's officially official. [Image: smile.gif]

I regret some of the big ticket purchases I made before I started traveling. That sound system for my car could've fueled a months worth of adventures in South America.